Sweet on this forum

Re: The | Apple Inc. | Thread

Postby Prototype-Tuner » April 23rd, 2012, 4:34 pm

Unlocked to bMobile with sam 8-)

Trinbago
Ricer

Postby Trinbago » April 23rd, 2012, 4:48 pm

okie tuners so i was one of those people that upgraded their firmware and got stuck on 4.11.08 and i searched desperately for an unlock...people said it would cost me 1000tt-$1200tt but i knew there was a way people was doing it...so yes it is possible to UNLOCK your iPhone 4 and 4S and this isn't a scam or any rubbish .It took me like 3 hours to figure out how to do it since it was my first time. I'm going to give u guys a link to where i got this info from but let me jus explain a few things first....

iPhone MUST BE JAILBROKEN ...having Baseband of 4.11.08 works for me,i'm not sure what others are supported...research it yourself

Open cydia and open sources and add this repo
repo.bingner.com ...initially when u add it u might get a timeout error...just keep adding the source over and over...took me at least 2 hours till it worked this is because the server is overloaded with people trying to download it

YOU need to know the ORIGINAL CARRIER of the phone and where it came from or else its gonna be impossible to unlock the phone....you do not need the original sim in order to obtain the imsi number
heres a link to obtain the original imsi numbers for carriers
http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/archive/t-1454580.html

this is the link to the steps to unlock it (Read this first to understand what imsi is used for)
http://www.iphone4jailbreak.org/unlock- ... 1-sam.html
i believe their is a video u can watch but it is misleading since u may not have the original sim....u'll need to copy and paste the imsi number of the original carrier in the step where they say "copy imsi number" which u can obtain from the site and just paste it where they instruct you

this worked for me 100% and i'm using bmobile now..the phone was originally locked to Rogers wireless in Canada...Please comment if i saved u money and helped u

Lucian-2nr
Chronic 2NR

Postby Lucian-2nr » April 23rd, 2012, 5:00 pm

^ Trinbago Did you even read the posts before this? Even after telling you that it has been discussed you continue to copy and paste this all over the place?

Aaron 2NR
2NR phototakerouter

Postby Aaron 2NR » April 23rd, 2012, 6:16 pm

unlocked iphone ftw

scotty_buttons
Riding on 18's

Postby scotty_buttons » April 23rd, 2012, 8:02 pm

hey everyone..just got an iphone 4 today unlocked using Gevey sim.. it's running iOS 5.1, baseband is 3.10.01.
ultrasn0w doesnt support this baseband apparently (not yet) for the tethered iOS 5.1 jailbreak.
would the SAM unlock work for my phone?

jus asking before I waste more time trying cuz I ketch meh tail getting that Gevey sim to work and I not in a hurry to restart unless I know this method gonna work

Parvin
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Parvin » April 23rd, 2012, 8:11 pm

^^^

Yes it will work, even on the dreaded 04.11.08 basebabnd

scruff76
Street 2NR

Postby scruff76 » April 23rd, 2012, 8:51 pm

scotty_buttons
Riding on 18's

The | Apple Inc. | Thread

Postby scotty_buttons » April 23rd, 2012, 10:52 pm

Yep did all the procedures and backed it up! Working flawlessly! Thanks guys

Jonathan_337
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Jonathan_337 » April 24th, 2012, 7:12 am

So even though I PAID for the bmo social plan, I'm getting no Internet. Sbsettings shows it not even connected to a data IP :/ any ideas?

Parvin
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Parvin » April 24th, 2012, 9:25 am

^^^

They stopped that I think

AD Solutions
Street 2NR

Postby AD Solutions » April 24th, 2012, 11:05 am

I want to unlock a bmobile 4S so it can use digicel, any way i can downgrade from 5.1 to 5.0.1 or i have to wait on 5.1 unlock :/

xvirus
Street 2NR

Postby xvirus » April 24th, 2012, 12:10 pm

AD Solutions wrote:I want to unlock a bmobile 4S so it can use digicel, any way i can downgrade from 5.1 to 5.0.1 or i have to wait on 5.1 unlock :/

why downgrade when SAM unlock works with 5.1

i unlocked my 4s using that and others on the forum too.

xvirus
Street 2NR

Postby xvirus » April 24th, 2012, 12:13 pm

Jonathan_337 wrote:So even though I PAID for the bmo social plan, I'm getting no Internet. Sbsettings shows it not even connected to a data IP :/ any ideas?

my neighbor works bmobile and he says they upgrading their system,"there are many people with free EDGE etc"..lol

iDynamic
Riding on 18's

Postby iDynamic » April 24th, 2012, 12:56 pm

Jonathan_337 wrote:So even though I PAID for the bmo social plan, I'm getting no Internet. Sbsettings shows it not even connected to a data IP :/ any ideas?

visit idynamic simple $280 :)

Jonathan_337
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Jonathan_337 » April 24th, 2012, 1:28 pm

iDynamic wrote:

Haha I would've, but I'm kinda low on cash right now. So I'm tryna fix it myself. If it doesn't work out I'd have to spend the extra cash though.

Anyone wanting beats for their iPhone..PM..Got a set and need a QUICKK SALE
Last edited by Jonathan_337 on April 24th, 2012, 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jonathan_337
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Jonathan_337 » April 24th, 2012, 3:12 pm

iDynamic wrote:

Okay, well I'm assuming they really did stop it. If I can't get anything out of Shana soon. I'll check you. Need my beats sold first though, low on cash.

SRASC
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby SRASC » April 24th, 2012, 5:03 pm

An analyst report suggests that Apple would effectively kill off the MacBook Pro and MacBook Air lines and merge then into a single, streamlined device known only as the MacBook.

It was an interesting report, but analysts say a lot of things, including sometimes when they are at the bottom of a barrel of bourbon. But now Mactrast is saying that their own unproven source is echoing reports of a MacBook Pro/MacBook Air hybrid… boasting USB 3.0 support and a sexy, lightweight Liquidmetal chassis.

It’s an interesting rumor, but there are a number of reasons to take this with a grain of salt.

First of all, USB 3.0 support might be unlikely. Steve Jobs was famously against USB 3.0, saying that he didn’t see it taking off… but that was a year and a half ago. Since then, Intel has adopted official support for USB 3.0, and the motherboards Apple is buying from Intel for the next MBA likely come with USB 3.0 baked in.

As for Liquidmetal, Apple has had an exclusive license on Liquidmetal since 2010, but there’s still little indication that Apple can actually mass produce Liquidmetal in any sizable amount. The most Liquidmetal out there in the wild right now in an Apple product is in Apple’s SIM ejection tool.

Finally, would Apple really kill the MacBook Air line when it’s doing so well? Yesterday’s analyst suggested the line was merely matching Apple’s sales expectations, and that most users wanted bigger hard drives, but I don’t see Apple killing off the Air or merging the Pro and Air lines as much as re-introducing a slimmer MacBook that ditches the optical drive for a thinner footprint, but still ships with a traditional HDD.

------

OS X has been undergoing a gradual process of iOS-ification ever since Lion was released last year, and that process will continue with this year’s Mountain Lion. A new rumor states, however, that it won’t end there, and iPhoto ’12 will be packed with features lifted from iPhoto for iOS when it is released on the Mac App Store this summer.

The report comes from Belgian Apple site Apple Weetjes, who claims that the new iPhoto will be heavily inspired by iPhoto for iOS, specifically in the way it handles photo retouching.

Another major change will be that photo albums that previously shared to MobileMe will now be replaced with the ability to create iCloud photo journals, as in iPhoto for iOS.

Apple Weetjes also says that the new version of iPhoto will not work on Snow Leopard, but will require Lion or Mountain Lion to run.

Given how terrible iPhoto is on the Mac, I wouldn’t be surprised if Apple totally re-envisioned how the software works to be more akin with the iOS version. The wisest thing Apple could do with iPhoto is continue to fully embrace it’s consumer-friendly and beginner-oriented features. iPhoto for iOS is already consumer- and beginner-friendliness distilled; may as well just port it over to the Mac and be done with it.

jm3
12 pounds of Boost

Postby jm3 » April 25th, 2012, 12:32 am

well i get my iphone on thursday the evil corporation finally got money from me :(

iDynamic
Riding on 18's

Postby iDynamic » April 25th, 2012, 1:23 am

jm3 wrote:well i will get my iPhone on thursday, the Apple family finally convinced me :(

*Fixed :|

shaq090
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby shaq090 » April 25th, 2012, 7:24 am

iDynamic wrote:
jm3 wrote:well i will get my iPhone on thursday, the bmocon family will finally screw me over for the next year.... :(

*reFixed :|

SRASC
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby SRASC » April 25th, 2012, 8:46 am

BREAKING

xvirus
Street 2NR

Postby xvirus » April 25th, 2012, 11:36 am

^ IOS 6 :lol:

iDynamic
Riding on 18's

Postby iDynamic » April 25th, 2012, 12:37 pm

xvirus wrote:^ IOS 6 :lol:

It's the iPhone 5 announcement bro ... I call dibs on it

mojosodope
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby mojosodope » April 25th, 2012, 12:40 pm

sold out in 2 hours, I say no iPhone 5 until 3rd quarter,

updates to the entire mac lineup most likely along with iLife & iWork update announcements

jm3
12 pounds of Boost

Postby jm3 » April 25th, 2012, 12:54 pm

shaq090 wrote:
iDynamic wrote:
jm3 wrote:well i will get my iPhone on thursday, the bmocon family will finally screw me over for the next year.... :(

lol it's a factory unlocked model

shaq090
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby shaq090 » April 25th, 2012, 12:59 pm

jm3 wrote:
shaq090 wrote:
iDynamic wrote:

lol it's a factory unlocked model

patts you on back. there there...... wanna imessage about it? lol

btw cant get imessage to work on digicel, any suggestions?

xvirus
Street 2NR

Postby xvirus » April 25th, 2012, 1:41 pm

iDynamic wrote:
xvirus wrote:^ IOS 6 :lol:

It's the iPhone 5 announcement bro ... I call dibs on it

If apple is really just able to use one comm chip in all of their models, they should see a significant decrease in manufacturing costs and keeping the units in stock - after all, how many different versions are there of the 4S and the 4? Black, white, sprint, ATT, Verizon, BMobile and the different sizes in capacity - sounds like a nightmare to me

mojosodope
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby mojosodope » April 25th, 2012, 4:04 pm

any workaround to get the personal hotspot feature back besides jailbreaking?

xvirus
Street 2NR

Postby xvirus » April 25th, 2012, 9:36 pm

mojosodope wrote:any workaround to get the personal hotspot feature back besides jailbreaking?

this is what i did Settings>General>Network>Cellular Data
You will find APN under “Internet Tethering”
Type in an access point name & right now i'm on digicel so i used their APN
switching to bmobile this week though

let me know if it work,if it dont i have another fix. :D

iDynamic
Riding on 18's

Postby iDynamic » April 25th, 2012, 10:00 pm

xvirus wrote:
mojosodope wrote:any workaround to get the personal hotspot feature back besides jailbreaking?

this is what i did Settings>General>Network>Cellular Data
You will find APN under “Internet Tethering”
Type in an access point name & right now i'm on digicel so i used their APN
switching to bmobile this week though

let me know if it work,if it dont i have another fix. :D

This only work for Digicel bro , Bmobile removed the feature.

I attempted to bring it back using serval guides editing the system files on my iPhone 4S and iPad 2 , still no luck so I guess Digicel is one step ahead again !

Used it to tether internet to my iPad and blackberry simultaneously , works great ! Love ettt!

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”