Forums

The | Apple Inc.  | Thread

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

M_2NR
not Admin

Re: The | Apple Inc. | Thread

Postby M_2NR » May 22nd, 2012, 8:14 pm

lucian if the apple tv is your only apple device then um... my rough opinion (which is using it a couple times by family) is don't.
To me its like an additional piece you buy if u already have an iDevice. Without another airplay enabled device, unless its jailbroken, you're gonna miss a chunk of the feature set which is airplay. I'd solely buy an apple tv just for airplay (but i want to jailbreak it too and the 3rd gen can't be so... neg). If you use itunes and netflix then... yea its useful but still I don't see it necessary because if its just simple media like that, there are tons of other ways you can stream it to the tv.

/if/ its jailbroken.. well.. its like you have another device close to a pc hooked up to your tv ;)

mojosodope
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby mojosodope » May 22nd, 2012, 8:21 pm

M_2NR wrote:lucian if the apple tv is your only apple device then um... my rough opinion (which is using it a couple times by family) is don't.
To me its like an additional piece you buy if u already have an iDevice. Without another airplay enabled device, unless its jailbroken, you're gonna miss a chunk of the feature set which is airplay. I'd solely buy an apple tv just for airplay (but i want to jailbreak it too and the 3rd gen can't be so... neg). If you use itunes and netflix then... yea its useful but still I don't see it necessary because if its just simple media like that, there are tons of other ways you can stream it to the tv.

/if/ its jailbroken.. well.. its like you have another device close to a pc hooked up to your tv ;)

agreed, this device is amazing IF you own airplay enabled idevices, great if you don't and you jailbreak it (only previous models are jailbreakable).

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » May 22nd, 2012, 8:37 pm

technically AirPlay is like DNLA

however that is like saying technically a laptop is like a desktop computer with a battery and a handle to carry it around

DNLA is FAR more cumbersome than AirPlay

I use DNLA to let my NAS, PS3, PC and TV talk to each other to stream HD movies.
In order for that to work I need to have the MKV file on the NAS or PC, then run PS3 Media Server on the PC running the right transcode and buffer settings and then access the file on the PS3 as a DNLA device, browse to the folder and play - it works most of the times. Sometimes the buffer runs out.

OR

If the movie is on my iPhone or iPad I just touch the AirPlay button, choose "TV", and the movie plays on the TV - no fuss. Anything that is on my phone or iPad can show or play on the TV, even Angry Birds or Youtube - and the coolest part is I control it with a very very responsive touch screen!

xtech
punchin NOS

Postby xtech » May 23rd, 2012, 9:17 pm

www.imei.info ........... has gotten greedy and wants $1.99USD to check your IMEI number

have no fear

http://www.dev.mk/

M_2NR
not Admin

Postby M_2NR » May 23rd, 2012, 9:39 pm

niceness!

casper
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby casper » May 24th, 2012, 8:54 am

stupid and kinda random senseless question here but....any of alyuh in here ever fall asleep with ur ipad on d bed??? i fine it happening a lil too often and it have me wondering how durable is it in d event that i roll over it or somn :oops:

iz like almost every night when i using it i fall asleep within a half hour and get up in d middle of the night to see it exactly where i last used it.. :shock: this $hit have me worried :(

RapToR
punchin NOS
Location: Wholesaler & Reseller --- FREE Delivery<--Almost Anywhere!

Postby RapToR » May 24th, 2012, 9:13 am

casper wrote:stupid and kinda random senseless question here but....any of alyuh in here ever fall asleep with ur ipad on d bed??? i fine it happening a lil too often and it have me wondering how durable is it in d event that i roll over it or somn :oops:

iz like almost every night when i using it i fall asleep within a half hour and get up in d middle of the night to see it exactly where i last used it.. :shock: this $hit have me worried :(

dropped mine a few times

no problems yet :|

SRASC
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby SRASC » May 24th, 2012, 9:59 am

We’ve been waiting a long time for Pod2g and his team to release the untethered jailbreak for devices running iOS 5.1.1, but that wait could soon be over. It was already confirmed earlier this week that Absinthe 2.0 was just a matter of days away, sparking speculation that hackers will pull a “one more thing” announcement on the last day of this week’s “Hack in the Box” conference in Amsterdam.

According to the event’s official Twitter feed, that’s exactly what’s going to happen.

The Hack in the Box conference is now selling special one-day passes for tomorrow’s event at €699 (approx. $878) each. They’re not cheap, but they will give you the opportunity to witness ”JAILBREAK LIVE,” hosted by Pod2g and his team. This is when that long-awaited jailbreak is expected to make its debut.

iDownloadBlog has taken a look at the event’s schedule and estimated that the Absinthe 2.0 software will be released tomorrow morning:

Since Amsterdam is 6 hours ahead of EST, and each day of the conference appears to be between 09:00~ and 18:00~ hours local time, the earliest we would see a release is at 3AM EST on Friday, May 25th. [...]

This means the Corona event will start at 5:30AM EST on Friday, May 25th, and the Absinthe event will follow shortly thereafter at 7:00 AM EST. It’s very possible that the jailbreak will be released sometime within that ballpark window. Basically, I’d definitely keep my eyes peeled on Friday morning if I were you.

What’s interesting about the agenda is that it mentions iOS 5.0.1 in both event descriptions — not iOS 5.1.1. We’re hoping that this is simply a typo, and that these events won’t be focused on the last previous jailbreak release.

------

Just after its proposed $1 billion acquisition of mobile photo sharing service Instagram, Facebook has announced Facebook Camera for iPhone this afternoon in a blog post. The app features filters just like Instagram and features the ability to upload a batch of photos at once, where as the regular Facebook app only allows you to upload one photo at a time. Upon first opening Camera, it detects any Facebook accounts already associated with the iPhone so you can begin uploading photos. Facebook Camera for iOS is now available on the iTunes App Store.

It reminds us a lot of Instagram. There’s also the ability to view your friend’s photos in a single timeline. Complete with filters and quick sharing options, it’s almost like Facebook has launched a competitor to its own app.

Here’s the full breakdown of features:
    Post multiple photos from your camera roll at a time
    Crop and apply filters to give your photos a new look
    Scroll down a single feed of all your friends’ photos
    Tag your friends, add photo captions and say where you are
    See photos from the different apps your friends use

xvirus
Street 2NR

Postby xvirus » May 24th, 2012, 5:04 pm

is there a way to track iphone 4s without icloud if stolen?
i got all the info bill,imei,etc..
phone got passcode lock, i don't thing a bandit is smart enough to break it lol
any help would be greatly appreciated.

RapToR
punchin NOS

Postby RapToR » May 24th, 2012, 5:29 pm

xvirus wrote:is there a way to track iphone 4s without icloud if stolen?
i got all the info bill,imei,etc..
phone got passcode lock, i don't thing a bandit is smart enough to break it lol
any help would be greatly appreciated.

Findmyiphone

SRASC
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby SRASC » May 25th, 2012, 8:57 am

iPhone, iPad and iPod touch users running the latest version of Apple’s iOS software now have access to full-featured untethered jailbreak software courtesy of iOS hackers Chronic Dev Team and pod2g. The software needed to perform the jailbreak, Greenpis0n Absinthe 2.0, is now available for download and is compatible with A4-powered devices like the original iPad and the iPhone 4, as well as newer A5-powered devices like the new iPad and iPhone 4S, JailbreakUntethered reports. The updated software allows users to jailbreak their newer A5-powered iOS devices without having to connect to a computer while booting.

More

Absinthe 2.0

Guides

trvs
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby trvs » May 25th, 2012, 10:32 am

Anybody did it yet?

I'm restoring my iPad now to proceed with the Jailbreak.

SRASC
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby SRASC » May 25th, 2012, 10:35 am

Done. Regaining Cydia sources now.

mojosodope
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby mojosodope » May 25th, 2012, 10:57 am

Apple started 'free app of the week' promotion today, First App is for Cut the Rope: Experiments & the HD version for iPad.

M_2NR
not Admin

Postby M_2NR » May 25th, 2012, 11:10 am

yay they used google to host the file :D this way if the sites goes under... files still available :D

SRASC
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby SRASC » May 25th, 2012, 11:15 am

BigBoss & ModMyi repos empty though. Odd.

BassMekanik
Sweet on this forum

The | Apple Inc. | Thread

Postby BassMekanik » May 25th, 2012, 11:33 am

SRASC wrote:BigBoss repo empty though. Odd.

any other problems? YouTube maps etc working?

SRASC
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby SRASC » May 25th, 2012, 11:35 am

BassMekanik wrote:
SRASC wrote:BigBoss repo empty though. Odd.

any other problems? YouTube maps etc working?

normal

M_2NR
not Admin

Postby M_2NR » May 25th, 2012, 12:20 pm

i currently restoring from iCloud. >.<

Lucian-2nr
Chronic 2NR

Postby Lucian-2nr » May 25th, 2012, 5:12 pm

M_2NR wrote:lucian if the apple tv is your only apple device then um... my rough opinion (which is using it a couple times by family) is don't.

Cool, well I decided to take the plunge and got one from maljoe

Price not bad so got it and going to test it out and see how it goes. 8-)

Sold out all my android devices so pretty much have a clean slate right now. Interested in testing how it stream content from the pc.

RapToR
punchin NOS

Postby RapToR » May 25th, 2012, 7:34 pm

got new apple TV's 3rd gen coming soon

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » May 25th, 2012, 7:38 pm

Lucian-2nr wrote: Interested in testing how it stream content from the pc.
I think the only way the AppleTV can stream content from the PC is through iTunes, which means that the media needs to be able to play in iTunes which would rules out downloaded MKV content etc

unless you jailbreak it and run XBMC on it

TRAE
punchin NOS

Postby TRAE » May 25th, 2012, 8:17 pm

is there an unlock for the 5.1.1?

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » May 25th, 2012, 8:54 pm

^ not that I know of

TRAE
punchin NOS

Postby TRAE » May 25th, 2012, 9:40 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:^ not that I know of

trying to downgrade from 5.1 to 5.01

have tinyumbrella running but i'm getting a 2005 error when restoring, any help on this one?

on the unlock thing for 5.1---- SAM is supposed to work but after i put the AT&T sim in its still not activating on digicel's network :( and the restore back to 5.01 is only available on redsn0w for the A5 devices

biggz1985
Street 2NR

Postby biggz1985 » May 26th, 2012, 6:51 am

Want to buy a JAILBROKEN APPLE TV link me with sum info ASAP!!!

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » May 26th, 2012, 12:19 pm

Might have a few powersellers with the old one still in stock - just buy it and jailbreak it yourself - its easy and free

The old 720p apple TV price has doubled!!! :shock:
http://www.amazon.com/Apple-TV-MC572LL- ... 063&sr=8-6

scotty_buttons
Riding on 18's

The | Apple Inc. | Thread

Postby scotty_buttons » May 26th, 2012, 9:51 pm

TRAE wrote:

have tinyumbrella running but i'm getting a 2005 error when restoring, any help on this one?

on the unlock thing for 5.1---- SAM is supposed to work but after i put the AT&T sim in its still not activating on digicel's network :( and the restore back to 5.01 is only available on redsn0w for the A5 devices

Yeah I've experienced the same thing. Had to go back to using the gevey sim plus temporarily.. For now.. Someone's checking up on how to reactivate the Sam unlock. Il get back to you if it works next week or so!

Lucian-2nr
Chronic 2NR

Postby Lucian-2nr » May 27th, 2012, 12:52 am

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
Lucian-2nr wrote: Interested in testing how it stream content from the pc.
I think the only way the AppleTV can stream content from the PC is through iTunes, which means that the media needs to be able to play in iTunes which would rules out downloaded MKV content etc

unless you jailbreak it and run XBMC on it

Content through itunes is not a problem, so far so good.... just need to configure nba.tv and I will be good.

Also using apple airport .... after researching this thing might actually make me get another ipad and iphone to try it out...

scruff76
Street 2NR

Postby scruff76 » May 27th, 2012, 7:35 am

TRAE wrote:

if u got the unlock from the very shortly lived SAM trick.. u need to have saved the setting files from the unlock to be able to use it again.. if u did not save the files.. ur out of luck

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”