Forums

The | Apple Inc.  | Thread - Vision Pro Unboxing

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

SRASC
3NE 2NR Moderator

Re: The | Apple Inc. | Thread

Postby SRASC » June 27th, 2012, 9:25 pm

In what has to be one of the most ridiculous scams in recent memory, a crook in the UK is selling unsuspecting buyers boxes of potatoes and bottled water, claiming that they are receiving an iPhone.

Three people so far have fallen for the hoax, in which a man approaches someone on the street and offers to sell them an iPhone, iPad, or laptop at a reduced price. In all cases, the seller leaves quickly before the buyer has time to open their goods to reveal the potatoes or bottled water inside.

While all three crimes occurred in different locations between June 17 and June 24th, usually at some type of shopping center, the same man is suspected to be behind all three. Police are currently working to track the man down before he scams even more unsuspecting buyers.

I have to say, this is one of the most outlandish attempts at fraud I’ve ever seen, but with the iPhone and iPad in such hot demand, it makes Apple’s products a perfect target for crime.

Regardless, let’s hope that this crook gets caught within a short amount of time. What a bizarre story.

firstchoicett
Riding on 16's

Postby firstchoicett » June 27th, 2012, 10:27 pm

^ thanks

I feel that them same set of people who post on forums, phones at real dumb prices. I say by now people would be smart, a Few years ago I lost alot of money(4 figures) in a flash drive deal from a website with good reviews, Since then I am very caution on what I'm buy online. It have alot of sites out there that just taking your money and you go never hear from them again.

About two years ago I bought a iPhone from ebay the seller send a rock in the box. I lost the case with Paypal I cancel my Paypal Business account after that and move on to much better online credit card payment options.

We really need to be careful.
Last edited by firstchoicett on June 27th, 2012, 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » June 27th, 2012, 10:53 pm

^ on what grounds did you lose your case with paypal?

firstchoicett
Riding on 16's

Postby firstchoicett » June 27th, 2012, 10:56 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:^ on what grounds did you lose your case with paypal?
Well I think it was that the item was delivered to a fright forwarder, I have been using them years now and none of my packages ever went missing or had any problems, so I know it was the seller cause after a few months he got ban on ebay.

These days I only use my PayPal account to buy stuff for customers and when i come arcorss a good deal I go buy it once seller have a Good rep.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » June 27th, 2012, 11:54 pm

^ yeah those are scary

Swisha
Chronic 2NR

Postby Swisha » June 28th, 2012, 1:11 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

firstchoicett
Riding on 16's

The | Apple Inc. | Thread

Postby firstchoicett » June 28th, 2012, 7:46 am

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:^ yeah those are scary

well Duane after that lost I learn my lesson and buy with caution.

xvirus
Street 2NR

Postby xvirus » June 28th, 2012, 9:52 am

firstchoicett wrote:^ thanks

I feel that them same set of people who post on forums, phones at real dumb prices. I say by now people would be smart, a Few years ago I lost alot of money(4 figures) in a flash drive deal from a website with good reviews, Since then I am very caution on what I'm buy online. It have alot of sites out there that just taking your money and you go never hear from them again.

About two years ago I bought a iPhone from ebay the seller send a rock in the box. I lost the case with Paypal I cancel my Paypal Business account after that and move on to much better online credit card payment options.

boi firstchoice when iphone 4 had now came out i buy one on ebay for $455 usd when the thing came down here it was a clone iphone in original iphone box i still have that clone iphone & the box it came in, i go put up pics of it...

kurpal_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby kurpal_v2 » June 28th, 2012, 10:38 am

Is there any reason as to why safari doesn't remember my account/password info?

Kinda annoying having to log in to each site I use every hour or so.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » June 28th, 2012, 10:54 am

kurpal_v2 wrote:Is there any reason as to why safari doesn't remember my account/password info?
go to settings > Safari

make sure "Accept Cookies" is set to "from visited" or "Always"

if you have cookies turned off, the browser will not be able to store your login information to keep you logged in!

kurpal_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby kurpal_v2 » June 28th, 2012, 11:01 am

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
kurpal_v2 wrote:Is there any reason as to why safari doesn't remember my account/password info?
go to settings > Safari

if you have cookies turned off, the browser will not be able to store your login information to keep you logged in!

Thanks.

firstchoicett
Riding on 16's

Postby firstchoicett » June 28th, 2012, 12:12 pm

xvirus wrote:
firstchoicett wrote:^ thanks

boi firstchoice when iphone 4 had now came out i buy one on ebay for $455 usd when the thing came down here it was a clone iphone in original iphone box i still have that clone iphone & the box it came in, i go put up pics of it...

I did buy a iPhone for 690 USD ... I used the Rock I got to build a drain .

RapToR
punchin NOS
Location: Wholesaler & Reseller --- FREE Delivery<--Almost Anywhere!

Postby RapToR » June 28th, 2012, 2:57 pm

iPhone 4s 16GB Factory Unlocked

in stock

TRAE
punchin NOS

Postby TRAE » June 28th, 2012, 3:13 pm

RapToR wrote:iPhone 4s 16GB Factory Unlocked

in stock

buh you eh say how much

RapToR
punchin NOS
Location: Wholesaler & Reseller --- FREE Delivery<--Almost Anywhere!

Postby RapToR » June 28th, 2012, 3:42 pm

TRAE wrote:
RapToR wrote:iPhone 4s 16GB Factory Unlocked

in stock

buh you eh say how much

www.trinituner.com/raptor

$5000

black and white in stock

SRASC
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby SRASC » June 28th, 2012, 3:46 pm

Google on Thursday announced that its Chrome browser will launch in the App Store for iPhone and iPad, as well as a native iOS application connected to the Google Drive service.

The two new iOS applications were announced during presentations at the Google I/O conference. Both Google Chrome and Google Drive are set to launch at some point today in the App Store.

The Chrome browser for iOS will feature the "incognito" private browsing mode as well as syncing with the desktop version of the software, according to Engadget. It also features Google's own unique tabbed browsing interface.

Apple's App Store rules bar third-party developers from offering their own rendering or JavaScript engines, meaning the iOS version of WebKit must be used by all browsers available in the App Store. But Google's Chrome for iOS will add its own user interface over Apple's technical browser underpinnings.

Word first surfaced in May that Google was working on a Chrome Web browser for iOS to compete with Apple's own built-in Safari browser. Third-party browsers first began appearing on the Apple-controlled iOS App Store in early 2009. Prior to that, browsers that would rival Apple's own Safari were rejected from the App Store.

Google also announced this week that Chrome will become the default browser for Android in its next major release, 4.1 Jelly Bean. Currently, the Android mobile operating system ships with a generic browser.

Also set to launch in the App Store on Thursday is an official application for Google Drive, the search giant's cloud storage service. The company also announced that in just 10 weeks of availability, Google Drive now has more than 10 million users.

Strauss
Shifting into 6th

Postby Strauss » June 28th, 2012, 3:57 pm

It's not only Safari. I'm using Opera and happens for Trinituner and Blizzard (World of Warcraft and Diablo)

Strauss
Shifting into 6th

Postby Strauss » June 28th, 2012, 4:00 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
go to settings > Safari

Nope.

Doesn't work for me on iOS 3, 4 and 5. Both iPhone and iPad with Opera and Safari. And even at times on Safari, Chrome and Opera on the Mac.

kurpal_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby kurpal_v2 » June 28th, 2012, 4:08 pm

So far I havnt had to sign back in any forums for the day since I did that actually.

Usually by now I'd have to had signed into tuner 3-4times.

firstchoicett
Riding on 16's

Postby firstchoicett » June 28th, 2012, 4:09 pm

Duane is d man if knowledge here .

trvs
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby trvs » June 28th, 2012, 4:20 pm

Happy to see Google Chrome coming to iOS. Nice.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » June 28th, 2012, 7:23 pm

Strauss wrote:Nope.

Doesn't work for me on iOS 3, 4 and 5. Both iPhone and iPad with Opera and Safari. And even at times on Safari, Chrome and Opera on the Mac.
not sure why

the only thing that the browser uses to store your login information is a cookie.
If cookies are not working then it will not be able to keep you logged in.

we use phpbb to sign users in, not wordpress, even if you sign in from the homepage.
do you have this problem with trinituner alone?
do you have this problem with other phpbb forums?

firstchoicett
Riding on 16's

Postby firstchoicett » June 28th, 2012, 7:43 pm

Just downgrade BB 6.15 to 5.13.4 no problems :-)

Parvin
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Parvin » June 28th, 2012, 8:07 pm

Ok I not sure if any of you might have an idea (bmobile workers if any). Back to the issue with my 4S location services not working for Maps and Compass (cannot determine location and the icon never shows up). I tested a Digicel sim card (with no data activated) and it found me instantly. Strange that it does not work with my bmobile sim neither my home WiFi. Tested today at a Flow hotspot and ..... instant location !!!

Ideas? Bmobile reps telling me to bring in the phone but I not going through that.

M_2NR
not Admin

Postby M_2NR » June 28th, 2012, 8:26 pm

i think the cookies expire eh... Re: Login cookie qualms.
But then again i hardly have need to access it via safari unless i really need to do a deep search. I think i logged in only once for 5.0.1 and i never had to until i restored.

Duane, i dunno if it works now but i saw tapatalk says that advanced search was off for this forum

firstchoicett
Riding on 16's

Postby firstchoicett » June 28th, 2012, 8:27 pm

Parvin wrote:Ok I not sure if any of you might have an idea (bmobile workers if any). Back to the issue with my 4S location services not working for Maps and Compass (cannot determine location and the icon never shows up). I tested a Digicel sim card (with no data activated) and it found me instantly. Strange that it does not work with my bmobile sim neither my home WiFi. Tested today at a Flow hotspot and ..... instant location !!!

Ideas? Bmobile reps telling me to bring in the phone but I not going through that.

I just plug in my Bmobile sim on my 4S and it working... :shock:

Parvin
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Parvin » June 28th, 2012, 9:06 pm

Wtf !!!

So is just me then?

xvirus
Street 2NR

Postby xvirus » June 28th, 2012, 10:39 pm

Parvin wrote:Wtf !!!

So is just me then?

hadda be men, cuz mine working fine too

mojosodope
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby mojosodope » June 28th, 2012, 11:04 pm

Yea mines working too man, check someone else's bmobile sim on it

trvs
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby trvs » June 28th, 2012, 11:16 pm

Posting from Google Chrome for iOS. Working good so far.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”