The | Apple Inc.  | Thread

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

MonsterPower
punchin NOS

Re: The | Apple Inc. | Thread

Postby MonsterPower » May 20th, 2012, 1:54 pm

ok beeen doing some research on the apple tv as well as the roku unit
anyone who has the apple tv duane,casper et al please let me know the pros and cons of the apple tv
as well as anyone who owns a roku unit let me know if its worth purchasing or why its better than the apple tv unit

only reason i am considering apple is because i am going over to the ipad next month plus my tv is already wireless capable

Swisha
Chronic 2NR

Postby Swisha » May 20th, 2012, 2:05 pm

^they both have their advantages and disadvantages. it's up to u to determine which features u really need the most.

have a look @ this write up

http://www.theverge.com/2012/5/17/29973 ... ying-guide

M_2NR
not Admin

Postby M_2NR » May 20th, 2012, 2:10 pm

xtech wrote:
xtech wrote: Image
iTools download

If you don't have a iPhone at hand to test out the software i posted above

Like when you shopping online or something an if u can get the seller to send you IMEI info

You can still find out if he telling you the truth about it by using a website I just found.

Tells you everything
Complete Phone spec
iOS currently installed
Mac address
Warranty coverage
Warranty period
Purchase country
Carrier that sold it
An if it's still locked to that carrier....<<< most important

Checked all mine an a few locked iPhones I found on eBay an it's spot on

Was going to post a link now but while reading over my post I saw it was already hidden up in there.

Who ever guess what it is gets a cookie.
post thing na

mojosodope
I LUV THIS PLACE

The | Apple Inc. | Thread

Postby mojosodope » May 20th, 2012, 2:52 pm

@MonsterPower, if you have an airplay capable device the Apple TV is a must have for easy wireless streaming. Netflix,YouTube iTunes match, 1080p and only $100 us

MonsterPower
punchin NOS

Postby MonsterPower » May 20th, 2012, 3:07 pm

not really into the youtube feature as my tv already does that.. netflix seems not to have most of the content

in the article posted above by swisha it seems that wise choice to be the roku unit

does anyone use that unit here and what are the problems experienced by users in trinidad?

casper
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby casper » May 20th, 2012, 4:09 pm

MonsterPower wrote:ok beeen doing some research on the apple tv as well as the roku unit
anyone who has the apple tv duane,casper et al please let me know the pros and cons of the apple tv
as well as anyone who owns a roku unit let me know if its worth purchasing or why its better than the apple tv unit

only reason i am considering apple is because i am going over to the ipad next month plus my tv is already wireless capable

If u buying an iPad soon then go apple tv....

mojosodope
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby mojosodope » May 20th, 2012, 6:16 pm

http://www.unblock-us.com/

there you go, no more region specific problems.

MonsterPower
punchin NOS

Postby MonsterPower » May 20th, 2012, 6:41 pm

casper wrote:
MonsterPower wrote:ok beeen doing some research on the apple tv as well as the roku unit

If u buying an iPad soon then go apple tv....

does the ip restriction apply to the apple tv ?i know mojoman post ah ip block site but as ususal its a ppv site

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » May 20th, 2012, 7:41 pm

You should apply the unblock-us.com DNS to your router so that ALL your devices will be able to use it without having to configure each one individually.

Yes the IP mask works with AppleTV

To me the only disadvantage of the appletv was that it was only 720p, but the new models fixed that

If you plan on buying an iPad or iphone then the appletv should be your best option. AirPlay is great!

MonsterPower
punchin NOS

Postby MonsterPower » May 20th, 2012, 8:07 pm

what is airplay ?

mojosodope
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby mojosodope » May 20th, 2012, 8:14 pm

MonsterPower wrote:what is airplay ?

http://bit.ly/JJ0Wne

MonsterPower
punchin NOS

Postby MonsterPower » May 20th, 2012, 8:24 pm

sorry i did google it .. i should have been a bit more clear and stated what is airplay used for besides streaming music to my tv.

thing is i have my own listening taste and my wife is anti anything loud so she is totally contented with just a small radio.I on the other hand have my tv with wireless that already does what the airplay does so doesnt seem to make sense to have a redundant system .

at this rate i am leaning towards the roku set .. hell if it doesnt work out i will just sell it and buy a apple tv

i am just weighing my pros and cons

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » May 20th, 2012, 9:32 pm

MonsterPower wrote:I on the other hand have my tv with wireless that already does what the airplay does
explain how this works! Sounds interesting.

eel7
Sweet on this forum

Postby eel7 » May 20th, 2012, 10:26 pm

who repairs itouch4g besides f1?the screen had to be replaced now its just showing white...:(

S_2NR
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby S_2NR » May 21st, 2012, 1:41 am

eel7 wrote:who repairs itouch4g besides f1?the screen had to be replaced now its just showing white...:(

If it's under warranty, go F1

Ibis Electronics
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Ibis Electronics » May 21st, 2012, 11:20 am

MonsterPower wrote:sorry i did google it .. i should have been a bit more clear and stated what is airplay used for besides streaming music to my tv.

thing is i have my own listening taste and my wife is anti anything loud so she is totally contented with just a small radio.I on the other hand have my tv with wireless that already does what the airplay does so doesnt seem to make sense to have a redundant system .

at this rate i am leaning towards the roku set .. hell if it doesnt work out i will just sell it and buy a apple tv

i am just weighing my pros and cons

Bro just go with the apple TV and jailbreak it. It can do almost everything the Roku box can do and more.

M_2NR
not Admin

Postby M_2NR » May 21st, 2012, 1:09 pm

^let me see how you jailbreaking an AppleTV3,1 because that's what apple is selling. I doubt we will be seeing a jailbreak for that right now and for a while sadly.

iDynamic
Riding on 18's

Postby iDynamic » May 21st, 2012, 1:13 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
MonsterPower wrote:I on the other hand have my tv with wireless that already does what the airplay does

X2. I wanna know also !

-----
Gonna update to 5.1.1 today

Waiting for jailbreak to drop

- Siri tweaks
- mail tweaks
- password tweak
-Xbmc

That's my top priority rite now

MonsterPower
punchin NOS

Postby MonsterPower » May 21st, 2012, 4:28 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:

Ok correct me if i am wrong but airplay streams music to your entire house wirelessly .(this is from the website)

Now my sony bravia 52NX800 connects to my laptop/s via dlna software ... i can enable sharing of pics,vids and music and stream it directly to my tv .

as i said correct me if i am wrong but isnt it the same basis

Ibis Electronics
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Ibis Electronics » May 21st, 2012, 5:34 pm

M_2NR wrote:^let me see how you jailbreaking an AppleTV3,1 because that's what apple is selling. I doubt we will be seeing a jailbreak for that right now and for a while sadly.

It has to come sometime soon. He can use the normal features for the time. I'm sure he will be sad to go and buy a Roku and like 2 months later the jailbreak for the apple tv releases.

mojosodope
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby mojosodope » May 21st, 2012, 5:38 pm

^ you don't find it strange that they haven't been able to make any progress with the new apple tv in terms of jailbreaking it. I agree it may come eventually but I doubt anytime soon...

You can still find 2nd gen jailbreakable ones on ebay etc if you really want to jailbreak and don't care for the 1080p

trvs
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby trvs » May 21st, 2012, 6:00 pm

iOS 5.1 Jailbreak seems to be out.

http://ultimatejailbreak.com/

Ibis Electronics
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Ibis Electronics » May 21st, 2012, 6:21 pm

That doesn't seem legit. If it was I'm sure tyiphonehelp on YouTube would be raging about and so would a lot of other you tubers. The jailbreak is released for all the devices except iPad 2 and 3 rd gen and iPhone 4S and apple Tv

iDynamic
Riding on 18's

Postby iDynamic » May 22nd, 2012, 12:55 am

trvs wrote:iOS 5.1 Jailbreak seems to be out.

Not legit , anything not from pod2g (the hacker) for A5 devices is fake

iDynamic
Riding on 18's

Postby iDynamic » May 22nd, 2012, 1:04 am

MonsterPower wrote:
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:

Ok correct me if i am wrong but airplay streams music to your entire house wirelessly .(this is from the website)

Now my sony bravia 52NX800 connects to my laptop/s via dlna software ... i can enable sharing of pics,vids and music and stream it directly to my tv .

Well I would consider that wirelessly streaming which has been around for many years not AirPlay.

Basically what AirPlay does is it connects to your home network and from there you can use any iDevice or new Mac to :

-Stream music , movies , videos , pictures etc ( like your tv and laptop)

-browse the Internet from your tv , check emails , type documents , browse TriniTuner etc basically everything u could possibly do on your iDevice and Mac can be beamed wirelessly to any tv in your house that is linked with an apple tv .

The best part about this is , you don't need to install software or have a computer , knowledge about computers . All you need to do is press one button and select which television you would like to beam your content to and it would load instantly. I even Dj with my iPad turn tables wirelessly while mobile to my sound system!

Lucian-2nr
Chronic 2NR

Postby Lucian-2nr » May 22nd, 2012, 2:39 am

iDynamic wrote:
MonsterPower wrote:
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:

Well I would consider that wirelessly streaming which has been around for many years not AirPlay.

Basically what AirPlay does is it connects to your home network and from there you can use any iDevice or new Mac to :

-browse the Internet from your tv , check emails , type documents , browse TriniTuner etc basically everything u could possibly do on your iDevice and Mac can be beamed wirelessly to any tv in your house that is linked with an apple tv .

But doesn't dlna enable you to do all that and support more devices?

The best part about this is , you don't need to install software or have a computer , knowledge about computers . All you need to do is press one button and select which television you would like to beam your content to and it would load instantly. I even Dj with my iPad turn tables wirelessly while mobile to my sound system!

I don't think you need an additional computer or any special knowledge for it, when I browsed through it looked simple enough " NOT SURE"

From what I have read it seems that Airplay is basically a proprietary option (apple protocols and devices only) used to target apple users which does the same as DNLA. I don't think there are major difference besides the fact that DNLA has a wider support base with various manufacturers.

My TV got it but didn't get a chance to fiddle with it on my last trip.

Hopefully someone with more experience with it can share some details with us, as I am looking at the apple tv but it would be my only apple device :|

SRASC
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby SRASC » May 22nd, 2012, 8:17 am

TheNextWeb points to Millard Brown’s 2012 Brandz Top 100 report — an annual study that calculates the brand value of the most popular companies in the world by combining their financial valuations with consumer loyalty and appeal.

As you’ve probably already guessed by now, Apple came in first place with a brand value of $183 billion. This was enough to finish ahead of IBM, Google, McDonalds and Microsoft, who finished in 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th place respectively

------

Reports that Apple will be finally increasing the screen size of its next-generation iPhone have certainly been piling up over the past few weeks. And today, the credible 9to5Mac is throwing its proverbial hat into the ring.

The site has just published a report that, if true, confirms a number of existing theories regarding Apple’s next handset including display size (3.95") and resolution (1136x640), and the oft-rumored smaller charging port.

------

On a side note, is EDGE down for anyone else?

trvs
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby trvs » May 22nd, 2012, 8:59 am

iDynamic wrote:
trvs wrote:iOS 5.1 Jailbreak seems to be out.

Not legit , anything not from pod2g (the hacker) for A5 devices is fake

Got it. :oops:

M_2NR
not Admin

Postby M_2NR » May 22nd, 2012, 12:47 pm

mojosodope wrote:^ you don't find it strange that they haven't been able to make any progress with the new apple tv in terms of jailbreaking it. I agree it may come eventually but I doubt anytime soon...

You can still find 2nd gen jailbreakable ones on ebay etc if you really want to jailbreak and don't care for the 1080p

exactly... they dont have much room to play with as in with the other kernels. the 5.1.1 jailbreak is already a piece of work.

MonsterPower
punchin NOS

Postby MonsterPower » May 22nd, 2012, 6:54 pm

Lucian-2nr wrote:
iDynamic wrote:
MonsterPower wrote:
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:

But doesn't dlna enable you to do all that and support more devices?

I don't think you need an additional computer or any special knowledge for it, when I browsed through it looked simple enough " NOT SURE"

From what I have read it seems that Airplay is basically a proprietary option (apple protocols and devices only) used to target apple users which does the same as DNLA. I don't think there are major difference besides the fact that DNLA has a wider support base with various manufacturers.

My TV got it but didn't get a chance to fiddle with it on my last trip.

Hopefully someone with more experience with it can share some details with us, as I am looking at the apple tv but it would be my only apple device :|

will be buying the apple tv unit later this month so i will review it and let u know

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”