Friday, August 29th, 2014



- It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:04 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours


Jump to:  


Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132 ... 242  Next
Author Message
wraith
 Post subject: Re: 3ne2nr fishermen
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 9:02 am 
Offline
Trinituner Peong
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2005 3:54 pm
Posts: 422
Location: Grenada
Smeed wrote:
francis1979 wrote:
16 cycles wrote:
fishing under an oil rig / platform could be dangerous for you and the ppl operating them

any release of hydrocarbons + ignition source nearby = fried fish + humans


Just to add on "16 cycles" comment

If you are within the 500m for a Rig or Platofrom some operators in Trinidad will request that you leave the location because of Safety and Security concerns. One of the "Operator's vessel" will be with you until you depart.



seen this many times- supply boats chasing off pirogues.... on the flipside, also saw guys with pirogues tied off to platforms fishing... some guys on the rig managed to trade some food and drinks for a coupla large barracuda and snappers.



Well I really don't want to travel 40miles to be told no fishing so I guess I will stick to my areas.

Thanks for the info.


Top
 Profile  
 
Skanky
 Post subject: Re: 3ne2nr fishermen
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 10:22 am 
Offline
Chronic TriniTuner
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2005 12:11 pm
Posts: 561
wraith wrote:
Smeed wrote:
francis1979 wrote:
16 cycles wrote:
fishing under an oil rig / platform could be dangerous for you and the ppl operating them

any release of hydrocarbons + ignition source nearby = fried fish + humans


Just to add on "16 cycles" comment

If you are within the 500m for a Rig or Platofrom some operators in Trinidad will request that you leave the location because of Safety and Security concerns. One of the "Operator's vessel" will be with you until you depart.



seen this many times- supply boats chasing off pirogues.... on the flipside, also saw guys with pirogues tied off to platforms fishing... some guys on the rig managed to trade some food and drinks for a coupla large barracuda and snappers.



Well I really don't want to travel 40miles to be told no fishing so I guess I will stick to my areas.

Thanks for the info.


They're right;it's called the exclusion zone and it's usually about a 500m zone around the structure.
That being said I've been on a few rov as well as diving jobs and the sizes of fish you see around rigs and platforms might be enough to tempt anybody.The leftover food is usually dumped over the side a few times a day so you can just imagine the size of fish down there eating those free meals everyday.


Top
 Profile  
 
Razkal
 Post subject: Re: 3ne2nr fishermen
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 10:27 am 
Offline
2NRholic
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 30, 2004 2:33 am
Posts: 5038
Location: Gone Fishing...
^my new hobby within a hobby is searching for drop-offs and ledges, any new significant structure that affects current down there...been working too, way more bites regardless of the time of day once you find a good depth change/structure.

look for wrecks..caribbean waters have had their fair share of naval battles in history..lots of wrecks to find and fish...BIG AJ's! :D


Top
 Profile  
 
Sabot
 Post subject: Re: 3ne2nr fishermen
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 7:55 pm 
Offline
Sweet on this forum
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:12 pm
Posts: 361
Anyone knows if there is still seaweed along the East coast between Manzan to Guaya?


Top
 Profile  
 
ryan99tt
 Post subject: Re: 3ne2nr fishermen
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 3:31 pm 
Offline
Shifting into 6th
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2005 12:28 am
Posts: 1973
Location: Where the fish are!!!
well see if i cud find out for u sabot...


Top
 Profile  
 
francis1979
 Post subject: Re: 3ne2nr fishermen
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 5:35 pm 
Offline
Sweet on this forum

Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:57 pm
Posts: 273
Sabot wrote:
Anyone knows if there is still seaweed along the East coast between Manzan to Guaya?

What is the reason for "seaweed search" looking for a particular fish type or fishing strategy


Top
 Profile  
 
Sabot
 Post subject: Re: 3ne2nr fishermen
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 10:16 pm 
Offline
Sweet on this forum
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:12 pm
Posts: 361
francis1979 wrote:
Sabot wrote:
Anyone knows if there is still seaweed along the East coast between Manzan to Guaya?

What is the reason for "seaweed search" looking for a particular fish type or fishing strategy


Not really, want to do some surf fishing for bottom fish, (lippie/ black bream in particular), but 2 weeks ago on my search for same, along the coast from Mazan straight to Guaya was inundated with seaweed. Very difficult to fish light tackle with this amount of seaweed in the water. Don't want to head so far to meet the same thing this week. Even from Matura to Toco had to some extent.

Anyone in the know?


Top
 Profile  
 
ryan99tt
 Post subject: Re: 3ne2nr fishermen
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 11:57 pm 
Offline
Shifting into 6th
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2005 12:28 am
Posts: 1973
Location: Where the fish are!!!
i believe around this time every year have weeds in the water on the whole east, south-east zone...


Top
 Profile  
 
proton17
 Post subject: Re: 3ne2nr fishermen
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 9:36 am 
Offline
3NE 2NR for life

Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:00 pm
Posts: 229
Went manzan yesterday, no seaweed. Water was rough because of the new moon though. Lots of mullet from finger size to almost a foot right on the shore where the big eye fish does lime too.

Real small fish was biting like zilwan and melwish on my smaller rigged rod but I was really trying for cavalli with the live bait but it was a rising tide and dem cavalli does more bite on the falling....


Top
 Profile  
 
Sabot
 Post subject: Re: 3ne2nr fishermen
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 10:57 am 
Offline
Sweet on this forum
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:12 pm
Posts: 361
proton17 wrote:
Went manzan yesterday, no seaweed. Water was rough because of the new moon though. Lots of mullet from finger size to almost a foot right on the shore where the big eye fish does lime too.

Real small fish was biting like zilwan and melwish on my smaller rigged rod but I was really trying for cavalli with the live bait but it was a rising tide and dem cavalli does more bite on the falling....


Nice, looks like I'll be heading up that side this week.

Thanks


Top
 Profile  
 
ryan99tt
 Post subject: Re: 3ne2nr fishermen
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 9:17 pm 
Offline
Shifting into 6th
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2005 12:28 am
Posts: 1973
Location: Where the fish are!!!
check me wen yuh heading nah sabot, i cud make ah mission...


Top
 Profile  
 
ryan99tt
 Post subject: Re: 3ne2nr fishermen
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 2:28 pm 
Offline
Shifting into 6th
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2005 12:28 am
Posts: 1973
Location: Where the fish are!!!
hey guys, i have ah reel up for sale..check it out...

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=440999


Top
 Profile  
 
ray d saint
 Post subject: Re: 3ne2nr fishermen
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 2:47 pm 
Offline
I LUV THIS PLACE
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:08 am
Posts: 994
Location: Don't let the name fool you, jus go with it!!
Image
20lbs

held over the weekend.


Top
 Profile  
 
pugboy
 Post subject: Re: 3ne2nr fishermen
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 5:02 pm 
Offline
punchin NOS

Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2003 6:18 pm
Posts: 3542
cavalli take live big mullet easy
to catch the big mullet you have to "sprang" them


Top
 Profile  
 
CRE
 Post subject: Re: 3ne2nr fishermen
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 5:57 pm 
Offline
Riding on 13's

Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:41 pm
Posts: 10
Guys need a boat (with bait well) for hire to go fishing saturday (North Coast) .

Could anyone hook me up with a contact number?


Top
 Profile  
 
RichieRich
 Post subject: Re: 3ne2nr fishermen
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 6:08 pm 
Offline
2NR MILF Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2003 6:51 pm
Posts: 5904
Location: watching the talk naz
Where d facking d carite gone :/


Top
 Profile  
 
ryan99tt
 Post subject: Re: 3ne2nr fishermen
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 8:01 pm 
Offline
Shifting into 6th
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2005 12:28 am
Posts: 1973
Location: Where the fish are!!!
cyah say bro...i ent gone out long time but i looking to change dat as soon as possible...


Top
 Profile  
 
venomz
 Post subject: Re: 3ne2nr fishermen
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 8:33 pm 
Offline
3NE2NR is my LIFE
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:29 pm
Posts: 744
Location: south
over the past month, point fortin, la brea jetty, chair foot salmon and hammer head shark.

north coast cavalli and mutton snapper
Image

Image


Image

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
ryan99tt
 Post subject: Re: 3ne2nr fishermen
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 9:58 pm 
Offline
Shifting into 6th
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2005 12:28 am
Posts: 1973
Location: Where the fish are!!!
where all dem fishermen dey...dey cyah be out fishing bcuz i ent seeing no pics or hearing anything...lol


Top
 Profile  
 
todd61
 Post subject: Re: 3ne2nr fishermen
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 1:58 am 
Offline
Chronic TriniTuner
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:43 pm
Posts: 654
i haven't went fishing in about a month now,and i missing it


Top
 Profile  
 
Sabot
 Post subject: Re: 3ne2nr fishermen
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 8:20 am 
Offline
Sweet on this forum
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:12 pm
Posts: 361
venomz wrote:
over the past month, point fortin, la brea jetty, chair foot salmon and hammer head shark.


Image


Nello FTW 0X


Top
 Profile  
 
Razkal
 Post subject: Re: 3ne2nr fishermen
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 10:48 am 
Offline
2NRholic
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 30, 2004 2:33 am
Posts: 5038
Location: Gone Fishing...
RichieRich wrote:
Where d facking d carite gone :/


allyuh stickin, i drop the word, locations and bait when the carite was thick around five islands...


Top
 Profile  
 
ray d saint
 Post subject: Re: 3ne2nr fishermen
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 10:54 am 
Offline
I LUV THIS PLACE
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:08 am
Posts: 994
Location: Don't let the name fool you, jus go with it!!
Razkal wrote:
RichieRich wrote:
Where d facking d carite gone :/


allyuh stickin, i drop the word, locations and bait when the carite was thick around five islands...



it real hard when u go out and hold only 5 fish.... man must be cussin and complaining...

:lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
Razkal
 Post subject: Re: 3ne2nr fishermen
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 12:28 pm 
Offline
2NRholic
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 30, 2004 2:33 am
Posts: 5038
Location: Gone Fishing...
^that's why its called fishing and not catching. patience is the name of the game.

i stopped toting home coolers full of fish anyway..it looks moderately impressive in pics...but does nothing for the ecology except deplete juvenile stock...fish all day, use circles, capture the caught fish on video/pics, release most, keep a couple for munching.

we threw back almost all the carite we caught, kept maybe about 4 or 5 that were a little larger than forearm size.

next trip for me is probably a banking trip...fed up hold carite and small tarps with that live bait..may try bell buoy for some snapper and chum to see if we could attract a cobia or something nice


Top
 Profile  
 
venomz
 Post subject: Re: 3ne2nr fishermen
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 6:07 pm 
Offline
3NE2NR is my LIFE
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:29 pm
Posts: 744
Location: south
^ when u goin by the bell bouy check me nah


Top
 Profile  
 
ryan99tt
 Post subject: Re: 3ne2nr fishermen
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 7:43 pm 
Offline
Shifting into 6th
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2005 12:28 am
Posts: 1973
Location: Where the fish are!!!
check out the some gd gears guys...

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=440999


Top
 Profile  
 
RichieRich
 Post subject: Re: 3ne2nr fishermen
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 9:07 pm 
Offline
2NR MILF Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2003 6:51 pm
Posts: 5904
Location: watching the talk naz
ray786 wrote:
Razkal wrote:
RichieRich wrote:
Where d facking d carite gone :/


allyuh stickin, i drop the word, locations and bait when the carite was thick around five islands...



it real hard when u go out and hold only 5 fish.... man must be cussin and complaining...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

At least I have pics to prove it unlike plenty talkers that pretend dey know so much


Top
 Profile  
 
meccalli
 Post subject: Re: 3ne2nr fishermen
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 11:30 pm 
Offline
Riding on 18's
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:53 pm
Posts: 1748
Location: Valsayn
mmm....muttons. hehe nice catch venomz.


Top
 Profile  
 
Razkal
 Post subject: Re: 3ne2nr fishermen
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 12:40 am 
Offline
2NRholic
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 30, 2004 2:33 am
Posts: 5038
Location: Gone Fishing...
RichieRich wrote:
ray786 wrote:
Razkal wrote:
RichieRich wrote:
Where d facking d carite gone :/


allyuh stickin, i drop the word, locations and bait when the carite was thick around five islands...



it real hard when u go out and hold only 5 fish.... man must be cussin and complaining...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

At least I have pics to prove it unlike plenty talkers that pretend dey know so much


to prove what!? :lol: that you is a fisherman? or that you catch more than 5 fish? :lol:

fishing isn't about who full the cooler or how fast. if that's how you think about it, you haven't really enjoyed a fishing trip yet imo.


Top
 Profile  
 
Razkal
 Post subject: Re: 3ne2nr fishermen
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 12:47 am 
Offline
2NRholic
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 30, 2004 2:33 am
Posts: 5038
Location: Gone Fishing...
venomz wrote:
^ when u goin by the bell bouy check me nah


will do, most likely that trip will be a nello mish, the friend that usually takes us on his boat is doing some maintenance so capt'n nello's services will be required lol..

need to buy hooks...anyone ever ordered circle hooks in bulk? i want like a 2/0 or 3/0 size in the same gauge steel as those no2 and no3 J-hooks...

i get them easily in Reel Tackle..but they only retail 5-hook bags and i want to stock some.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132 ... 242  Next

All times are UTC - 4 hours


Who is online

Registered users: 7325, 88sins, _Rajiv_, ADRENALINE KID, AFFORDABLE AUTO ADS, all4lee, anma auto, astivinny, AWD Motorsports, big j, Bigfoot1040, Bing [Bot], bless, BranzyBranz, carholics, casteobless18, d pimp, de_burr, DVSTT, easterbunny, ebfields, EcoTune Trinidad, elantra, emerson, Exabot [Bot], fasco, Fearless, givethanks, goodear, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], GT_AUTO, gtiracer, hindian, iamelray, iFixittt, incredible, Insanex3, ivar, jhonnieblue, josiah97, K.S.R, K74T, kempes, killaz.cum, KinetixTT, kishan25, ledifcastro, legoRB, maddoctacrew, Majestic-12 [Bot], mattcel, mb27, mero, miniray, mitch1980, mkII, mrishmael, mufasa10, MusicMonster, nemisis, nick39able, nightman22, nightyakasy, NoEvo3, noshownogo, NWAlliance, original_lollybob, PsychoticCrazy4Car, R@YS, ranger, Ravishing06, rere31, ronald01, RyoTech PerFormance, Sanjstar, satesh jebode, Sayeedm, sekritiv, shotta 20, SKATERBOY101, slayer101, SMc, sookie, starboii franklyn, Tange, tdavies, Titan Procurement Ltd., TOIZWITNOIZ ACCESSORIES, topdog, turbofowl, uncle sam, walcott, webstarr1988, wickedslam, wiz, wizz295, wrchampionship, Yahoo [Bot], Zwill


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
3NE-2NR