TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

The Religion Discussion

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

shogun
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby shogun » September 7th, 2009, 4:53 am

People need to understand that a part of behavior in early human culture was also the abuse of intoxicants,opiates and other narcotics.Factoring in this as well as the fact that there was no scientific research to help explain the phenomena of the aftereffects of such stimulants, i,m very sure that alot of "supernatural encounters" that were experienced,were nothing more than stimulant induces hallucinations.Now! ask yourself as a rational human being {other than the obligatory "i was cured of alcoholism,disease or some other invariably intangible thing like that},when was the last time you've heard about a mass supernatural encounter? not just one witnessed by a man/woman while there were alone {as is usually the case} or the char on my toast looks like the virgin with baby,i mean like on biblical scale or any religious text,but one that could be reasonably verified that a few people have witnessed.If you're answer to that was..."not ever" then! you see my point.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » September 7th, 2009, 5:12 am

Shogun: How about the parting of the Red Sea. Okay so maybe it's a little way back in time but ...

Maybe the people back then were on stimulants as well.

Peeps, no matter how God works, human nature is such that generally most people go back to doing the same things, regardless. Even if you had a supernatural encounter.

Most people miss the point that archaeology continues to prove God's existence.

RBphoto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RBphoto » September 7th, 2009, 7:23 am

God is a construct of man and all the talk of belief in good and evil is all a matter of statistics.

The people who live through car smash ups do not worship the engineers who designed crumple zones, ABS, the SRS system.

The people who live through life threathening diseases do not pray to doctors.

How on earth does god exsistence get proved by archeology is beyond me. If anything else, it quite diproves it.

3stagevtec
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 3stagevtec » September 7th, 2009, 9:19 am

so much people dying of cancer / aids etc.. where is this god??? why does he allow these things?

if there is a god, he's one evil dude...

crazybalhead
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby crazybalhead » September 7th, 2009, 9:39 am

crossdrilled wrote:God is a construct of man and all the talk of belief in good and evil is all a matter of statistics.

The people who live through car smash ups do not worship the engineers who designed crumple zones, ABS, the SRS system.

The people who live through life threathening diseases do not pray to doctors.

How on earth does god exsistence get proved by archeology is beyond me. If anything else, it quite diproves it.

Says you. Thank you Mitsubishi...amen.

slimshiney
Sweet on this forum

Postby slimshiney » September 7th, 2009, 10:11 am

MG Man wrote:the idea of god is a fallacy..................lies told to fool the weak of mind into social conformity
the whole idea of god is based on either lies or man's inability to accept his own insignificance in this universe

:lol: :lol: :lol: I respect you opinion though....

slimshiney
Sweet on this forum

Postby slimshiney » September 7th, 2009, 10:13 am

3stagevtec wrote:so much people dying of cancer / aids etc.. where is this god??? why does he allow these things?

Cancer- 75% diet
Aids- choices made by one individual which could result in a destroyed generation.

I know fuh sure we are not puppets hanging by a string (although we act so around oman :lol: )...FREEWILL DOOD thats why for the [b]many problems we all have!![/b]

3stagevtec
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 3stagevtec » September 7th, 2009, 10:30 am

slimshiney wrote:
3stagevtec wrote:so much people dying of cancer / aids etc.. where is this god??? why does he allow these things?

Cancer- 75% diet
Aids- choices made by one individual which could result in a destroyed generation.

I know fuh sure we are not puppets hanging by a string (although we act so around oman :lol: )...FREEWILL DOOD thats why for the many problems we all have!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: you serious.. that's your explanation.. cancer and aids are just 2 examples i used.. what about when someone rapes a 13year old girl and messes her up for life.. she didn't choose that..

you still want more examples.. where is god?? i see no evidence..

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » September 7th, 2009, 10:34 am

question for you happy lads who been touched by god (I assume in a fuzzy, non invasive way);
why did god choose to touch your life and ignore the hundreds of children in Rwanda who are kidnapped, dragged into the forest, raped, and then forced to shoot and kill other children, all in an effort to make them mindless killing machines?

just one example but I could go on and on

hoverauto
Sweet on this forum

Postby hoverauto » September 7th, 2009, 10:36 am

MG Man wrote:As for the devil............if u dumb enough to believe in god, something has to be there to scare u into not questioning it..........

Very well said!!

I always thought I would of been alone, if not part of a very few ppl that don't believe in God here in Trinidad. All my friends, all my family believe in some form of religion and a higher being. In the past I would seek some sort of comfort with foreigners that I met through work (usually Europeans), finally being able to talk to them about my believe that god is made up. But alas, i have been proven wrong by this thread. Its nice to know that I'm not alone, that there are other people in this country that don't fall into the category of stupid in my books. Cheers to all that dont believe in this nonsense called GOD! (btw its funny how I found this in a thread that was suppose to praise god, how ironic, lol)

hoverauto
Sweet on this forum

Postby hoverauto » September 7th, 2009, 10:41 am

bluefete wrote:

That my friend ^^ is utter sheit!!

slimshiney
Sweet on this forum

Postby slimshiney » September 7th, 2009, 11:11 am

3stagevtec wrote:
slimshiney wrote:

Cancer- 75% diet

I know fuh sure we are not puppets hanging by a string (although we act so around oman :lol: )...FREEWILL DOOD thats why for the many problems we all have!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: you serious.. that's your explanation.. cancer and aids are just 2 examples i used.. what about when someone rapes a 13year old girl and messes her up for life.. she didn't choose that..

you still want more examples.. where is god?? i see no evidence..

You are SO right man...a whole lot more than that....i commented just on ur words....you do the diggin in nuh man.... :wink:

So......Why does good things happen to bad people..........hmmm.....
Last edited by slimshiney on September 7th, 2009, 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » September 7th, 2009, 11:14 am

Leukemia in a 2 year old child is brought on by diet?

crazybalhead
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby crazybalhead » September 7th, 2009, 11:17 am

hoverauto wrote:
bluefete wrote:

That my friend ^^ is utter sheit!!

Utter sheit is a cuprolite.

slimshiney
Sweet on this forum

Postby slimshiney » September 7th, 2009, 11:17 am

^^^A new born that came with Aids....was that brought on by diet?

VJTEK
3NE 2NR for life

Postby VJTEK » September 7th, 2009, 11:31 am

I had a continuous problem with my front brakes making a creaking sound when pressed even though the pads were good. I asked the users on this site, being as it is an automotive site, what i could do to resolve the issue.

The responses that came back were far from useful, some even said i should spray the rotors with WD-40.

My point to the readers of this thread is to please be careful where you get your information.

slimshiney
Sweet on this forum

Postby slimshiney » September 7th, 2009, 11:34 am

Error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it. Mohandas K. Gandhi.

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » September 7th, 2009, 11:41 am

MG Man wrote:question for you happy lads who been touched by god (I assume in a fuzzy, non invasive way);
why did god choose to touch your life and ignore the hundreds of children in Rwanda who are kidnapped, dragged into the forest, raped, and then forced to shoot and kill other children, all in an effort to make them mindless killing machines?

just one example but I could go on and on

I'd like to take a shot at this.

I disagree with the view that God has chosen to touch certain people and ignore others. By that logic you are saying that God has touched only the rich and successful people in the world. One could also interpret this statement as indicating that those who are touched by God have no problems. That's presumptuous.

Even outwardly successful people have their own problems. As they say, you can't judge a book by its cover.

Yes, it does appear that some atrocities are worse than others, but that varies from one person to the next. For example, which is worse: Your Rwanda example or the Holocaust? If you ask 10 different people you'll get 10 different answers. Better yet ask someone who lived through the Holocaust. It's all relative.

Why is there suffering? Because we're human. A large part of the human experience is emotional. Yin/Yang, light/dark, joy/suffering they all evoke feelings in us and if these things didn't happen, we'd not have these experiences. Remember you also have good experiences as well. It's through contemplation of these opposites that you arrive at a point of balance.

The next logical question for the atheist is: So "God" causing people to suffer so I could be balanced...HA! HA! HA!...wha' kinda God is dat?

We each have roles to play. In the Bhagvad Gita, the story is told of waring factions that would sit down and break bread at night, and fight to the death the next day. They accepted their roles as warriors and acted upon it when the time came but that did not mean that they could not be friends.

There are numerous permutations. Some people will always be victims. Some victims will rise up and lead the others to freedom. Some will die martyrs. Some will never have to suffer outwardly but have a torturous mental life. It's through all of this variety that we have the richness of experience, and God experiences that through us... 8-)

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » September 7th, 2009, 12:29 pm

And here I thought this was going to be a relatively simple, straightforward thread ... Somehow, it never is, here on this 2NR. :P

So, according to the atheists - There is no God and, by extension, there is no Devil.

Therefore, we are masters of our own destinies. That would explain why there is so much good and evil (or should I be even using those words?) in the world. Free choice has nothing to do with it. Right?

Did William Shakespeare write fiction? Julius Caesar, King Lear, King Richard, Hamlet were all fictional characters I suppose. How do we know if these people ever existed? How did he know?

Sometimes, the proof we seek is right in front of us and we never realize that until it is too late.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » September 7th, 2009, 12:38 pm

bluefete, if someone was looking for God and read your rationalisations they would be an atheist by now :|

slimshiney
Sweet on this forum

Postby slimshiney » September 7th, 2009, 12:54 pm

^^^God is Love.... Love is God :lol:

RBphoto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RBphoto » September 7th, 2009, 1:04 pm

I wonder if MGman car insurance up to date?

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » September 7th, 2009, 2:24 pm

Rationalisations??? What Rationalisations??? I thought that rationalisations belonged to atheists and people who believe in God are irrational. :lol:

RBphoto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RBphoto » September 7th, 2009, 2:33 pm

bluefete wrote:Rationalisations??? What Rationalisations??? I thought that rationalisations belonged to atheists and people who believe in God are irrational. :lol:

I want some of what you are smoking. :?

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » September 7th, 2009, 3:22 pm

Crossdrilled: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

weedja2

Postby weedja2 » September 7th, 2009, 3:55 pm

Sepultura

I am the one, orgasmatron, the outstretched grasping hand
My image is of agony, my servants rape the land
Obsequious and arrogant, clandestine and vain
Two thousand years of misery, of torture in my name
Hypocrisy made paramount, paranoia the law
My name is called religion, sadistic, sacred whore.

I twist the truth, I rule the world, my crown is called deceit
I am the emperor of lies, you grovel at my feet
I rob you and I slaughter you, your downfall is my gain
And still you play the sycophant and revel in you pain
And all my promises are lies, all my love is hate
I am the politician, and I decide your fate

I march before a martyred world, an army for the fight
I speak of great heroic days, of victory and might
I hold a banner drenched in blood, I urge you to be brave
I lead you to your destiny, I lead you to your grave
Your bones will build my palaces, your eyes will stud my crown
For I am mars, the God of war, and I will cut you down.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » September 7th, 2009, 4:09 pm

Weedja2: Is there a relationship between Sepultura and your Avatar?

Humes
Shifting into 6th

Postby Humes » September 7th, 2009, 4:36 pm

bluefete, I'm sorry, but your last set of questions doesn't make any sense to me. Can you explain them more...or perhaps just get to the point you're trying to make so it doesn't have to be a drawn out bit of tie-upmanship?

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » September 7th, 2009, 6:32 pm

Humes: When some people are in positions of power for extended periods of time, they slowly morph into "Sepultura".

They start to believe they are masters of their domains and are usually unprepared to be removed/when a new force emerges.

Rene Descartes in his "Meditations on First Philosophy" (1641) tried to prove, philosophically, that God did not exist. He could not.

He asked the questions: "Where can an effect get its reality unless it be from its cause? And how can the cause give that reality to the effect, unless the cause also has that reality? Hence, it follows that something cannot come into existence from nothing,nor even can what is more perfect, that is, that contains in itself more reality, come into existence from what contains less."

We all exist. As part of our existence, we have a body that we can see and touch. That makes us real.

But we also have a mind that we cannot see and touch. Because we cannot see and touch the mind, does this mean that it does not exist?

Is the mind an intangible thing?

Is the mind an integral part of our being? Or can we live without our minds?

So it is with God.

This is for MGMan, DFC and all the others who have plainly stated that God does not exist. :(

Razkal
2NRholic

Postby Razkal » September 7th, 2009, 6:46 pm

bluefete wrote:
Humes wrote:
bluefete wrote:Even Atheists believe in something.

I don't think that's what he meant.

It's absolutely wrong to imply that atheists believe in some form of God. That's projecting your beliefs on someone else, and it's not objective debate in the least.

Humes: I did not mean that Atheists believe in God. I meant that they believe in the absence or non-existence of God. Again, your arguments are quite rational.

Razka wrote: ^The god delusion, by Richard Dawkins...

Richard Dawkins was the man who said that life most likely started in mud ...

This is a man who is as atheistic as they come but how is it after all that logic that the best he can do is parrot Genesis 2:7 - "And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground ..." and Genesis 3:19 - "In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground, for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust thou shalt return."

How can an animate object evolve from an inanimate object?

listen, i won't even respond to a statement like that.
how can it be acceptable to verify the existence of a creator by quoting a book written to glorify him? it would be akin to me quoting "the origin of species" to prove the existence of evolution to you. i hate when theists quote the bible....it was written by man :roll:

how can you believe an invisible man created everything you see and don't in it's final state in seven days on a 4000yr old planet (that science has shown to be 4.5 billion yrs old conclusively)?

why create different tiger species? did the almighty creator get the blueprints wrong a couple times?

if god did flood the earth and noah really did assemble an allstar cast of animals to be saved...all of the animals would have perished in a short period from incessant inbreeding, all species would be lost.

i could go on for 6 days and rest on the 7th with these questions...

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”