Forums

*** THE OFFICIAL HOME THEATER & AUDIO THREAD**

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

X_Factor
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: *** THE OFFICIAL HOME THEATER & AUDIO THREAD**

Postby X_Factor » October 11th, 2014, 9:59 am

i did a repair by KP, he had to rewrap the coil and and after 1 week i put some power and it didnt even last 3 days...so i kinda lost some faith in him

did he try to sell you any of the TC sounds sub?

imo from trying small sealed for HT, the low end output really suffers
as baldhead said, ported as low as you can go...
since its a pair of them, maybe you can get away with something in the 25-28hz range

Pablo660
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby Pablo660 » October 11th, 2014, 10:59 am

Oh no sorry to hear that, my uncle and KP are good friends but still the cost was high
So I'm hoping he did what he told my uncle who told me at 1100 each I coulda buy new subs :(
I saw some videos and from past knowledge seal boxes reproduction of bass supposed to exact with the trade of size being the issue
But times has changed

X_Factor
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby X_Factor » October 11th, 2014, 11:35 am

that is still correct wrt to sealed boxes, i guess it depends on if you mainly will be listening to music or movies with the system, since music would not have explosions and all the other LFE ques that a movie will have and it will be somewhat difficult for a small sealed box to produce info 20hz and under which is what really brings out a a movie

The sub i use is the SI18HT which is in a 6.5cube (gross) sealed box, 5cubes net
it sounds really good but the subsonics still suffers....idealy 6-7cubes ported to 17hz is the spot but the enclosure will be too large for my wife's approval..lol

so now i realise i bought the sub in a bit of haste, and the 15" ported would yield more output in an enclosure i could have accommodated...say what

what front speakers you gonna be using?

meccalli
punchin NOS

Postby meccalli » October 11th, 2014, 11:40 am

Power being as cheap in today's era, guys just load up multiples of big sealed subs with massive wattage. I've noticed that in the creme de la creme of big ht systems.

X_Factor
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby X_Factor » October 11th, 2014, 6:59 pm

yeah, but the price those in the US will pay for 4-18" subs and an amp
by the time we add freight and taxes its almost out of budget for a pair!

meccalli
punchin NOS

Postby meccalli » October 11th, 2014, 7:08 pm

We can always dream right :)

vasquez
Street 2NR

Postby vasquez » October 15th, 2014, 9:08 am

Guys morning just a question have any of you guy purchased a television from standards and used there repair center? Reason I'm asking I bought my Samsung 46 led last November so it's still under warranty it started giving problems powering on and powering off for it self called then they saying its a wifi problem did my own research found out its a mother board issue so I am kinda of concerned dropping my tele off too them the thing is my warrent will be up November so I studying if they will indeed solve the problem or I go get stick and hAdda fix it next couple of months on my own so I was wondering if anybody went to do repairs with them thanks for you replies

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » October 15th, 2014, 11:04 am

I realise more people in here talk about sound and loudness and less people or almost no one talks about picture quality, resolution, contrast ratio, black levels, plasma vs LED etc

Xecutive
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Xecutive » October 15th, 2014, 9:43 pm

@vasquez, just make sure when carrying ur tv for repair u have proof of the date it was sent to standards and the exact problem with the TV. That way if it continues to give trouble, u can show that it was sent in before the warranty period ended and the problem was not solved.

@duane, would like to know if anyone ever calibrated their TV's using thx optimizer program and glasses or using the thx tune up app available on iOS

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » October 15th, 2014, 10:00 pm

Xecutive wrote:@duane, would like to know if anyone ever calibrated their TV's using thx optimizer program and glasses or using the thx tune up app available on iOS
I'm sure many have, however even that is not as good as a real calibration by a professional using a spectrophotometer (if there any in T&T) or at least using a more detailed process avilable on bluray calibration discs like DVE HD Basics or Spears & Munsil HD Benchmark.

crazybalhead
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby crazybalhead » October 16th, 2014, 10:02 am

Most people doh even have the right aspect ratio. :|

But I have calibrated roughly using the star wars dolby DVD's, it helpw a LOT to get proper colour and black levels.

I have a ole ass toshiba LCD though, nothing fancy.

M_2NR
not Admin

Postby M_2NR » October 16th, 2014, 11:34 am

M_2NR wrote:I always look forward to a sanctifier post :lol:

Guys, I was wondering if its possible for those TV mounts to be moveable in not just an outward but downward also... Anyone ever saw that type of mount? I saw outward with a tilt but I want it to drop also. I assume it may have to have some hydraulics involved to have it lowered from the original height?

with reference to above... i think i found something...
I'm not too sure if this is it but...
http://henglide.en.alibaba.com/product/ ... acket.html

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » October 16th, 2014, 1:26 pm

^ doesnt look like that lowers the height though

fouljuice
Shifting into 6th

Postby fouljuice » October 16th, 2014, 3:32 pm

Xecutive wrote:@vasquez, just make sure when carrying ur tv for repair u have proof of the date it was sent to standards and the exact problem with the TV. That way if it continues to give trouble, u can show that it was sent in before the warranty period ended and the problem was not solved.

Can't count on that nah. A few years ago I sent in something to a popular electronics store to get fixed under warranty. They replaced it and the woman rip up the warranty paper and say "Warranty done dey" even though it still had a few weeks. Sad to say, the new 'open box' item started giving (different) problems a few days later.

Xecutive
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Xecutive » October 16th, 2014, 5:16 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
Xecutive wrote:@duane, would like to know if anyone ever calibrated their TV's using thx optimizer program and glasses or using the thx tune up app available on iOS

I'm sure many have, however even that is not as good as a real calibration by a professional using a spectrophotometer (if there any in T&T) or at least using a more detailed process avilable on bluray calibration discs like DVE HD Basics or Spears & Munsil HD Benchmark.

Agreed. Was just looking to get some feedback from those who actually tried the thx optimizer though to find out if there was a significant improvement in picture quality with the calibration. Recently purchased the thx glasses but didn't get the optimizer software on the thx Blu ray for avatar. Apparently my copy just didn't have it...

Xecutive
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Xecutive » October 16th, 2014, 5:21 pm

fouljuice wrote:Can't count on that nah. A few years ago I sent in something to a popular electronics store to get fixed under warranty. They replaced it and the woman rip up the warranty paper and say "Warranty done dey" even though it still had a few weeks. Sad to say, the new 'open box' item started giving (different) problems a few days later.

Damn that sucks...some business people just don't like to honor their warranty period or accept returns/exchanges. I should put that in "things that annoy yuh" thread lol

S_2NR
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby S_2NR » October 16th, 2014, 5:24 pm

fouljuice wrote:
Xecutive wrote:@vasquez, just make sure when carrying ur tv for repair u have proof of the date it was sent to standards and the exact problem with the TV. That way if it continues to give trouble, u can show that it was sent in before the warranty period ended and the problem was not solved.

Can't count on that nah. A few years ago I sent in something to a popular electronics store to get fixed under warranty. They replaced it and the woman rip up the warranty paper and say "Warranty done dey" even though it still had a few weeks. Sad to say, the new 'open box' item started giving (different) problems a few days later.

So wait...you watched an employee rip up your receipt and tell u warranty done and did nothing about it? Monkey know what tree to climb yes

fouljuice
Shifting into 6th

Postby fouljuice » October 16th, 2014, 8:36 pm

:lol:
Nah I was just following instructions because the original buyer wasn't going to be back in the country within the warranty end-date. The woman was the manager or some sheit so.

Isolated incident or not, I learnt to never buy anything from there no matter how 'good' the prices seem, and I also warn other potential customers about their "after sales support"

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » October 16th, 2014, 8:40 pm

Xecutive wrote:
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:

Agreed. Was just looking to get some feedback from those who actually tried the thx optimizer though to find out if there was a significant improvement in picture quality with the calibration. Recently purchased the thx glasses but didn't get the optimizer software on the thx Blu ray for avatar. Apparently my copy just didn't have it...
improvement depends on how bad the set was showing before

X2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby X2 » October 18th, 2014, 1:41 am

Is there a good/quality repair center for LED TVs ?

vasquez
Street 2NR

Postby vasquez » October 22nd, 2014, 1:15 pm

Guys what you all think about the pioneer vsx 523 paying 2300 for it is it a ok buy

ru$$ell
30 pounds of Boost

Postby ru$$ell » October 22nd, 2014, 2:13 pm

X2 wrote:Is there a good/quality repair center for LED TVs ?

google,DIY. Sent in a Samsung 32" to Luxam,paid $200 for them to tell me my panel is dead.I knew this wasn't the case so i brought in a used t-con connector board which i paid $6 USD and a T-con ribbon for $12USD from ebay and fixed it myself :| ribbon was good,the T-con board was the problem.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » October 22nd, 2014, 5:16 pm

ru$$ell wrote:

google,DIY. Sent in a Samsung 32" to Luxam,paid $200 for them to tell me my panel is dead.I knew this wasn't the case so i brought in a used t-con connector board which i paid $6 USD and a T-con ribbon for $12USD from ebay and fixed it myself :| ribbon was good,the T-con board was the problem.
how'd you figure it was the time controller?

ru$$ell
30 pounds of Boost

Postby ru$$ell » October 22nd, 2014, 6:35 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
ru$$ell wrote:

see part 1 of solution. Forum post on another site with exact problems basically.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » October 22nd, 2014, 6:47 pm

ru$$ell wrote:
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
ru$$ell wrote:

see part 1 of solution. Forum post on another site with exact problems basically.
ah yes, Google - ok

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » October 25th, 2014, 11:06 am

Good deal

ImageUploadedByTriniTuner1414249561.031490.jpg

Anton
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Anton » October 25th, 2014, 11:48 am

That is a good deal. Picked one up earlier this year. I would advise getting some exhaust fans together with this unit as they tend to run a bit hot and may run into the dreaded overheated hdmi board problem.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » October 25th, 2014, 12:59 pm

this works great
Cabcool 1201-2 Two-Single 120mm Kits with Thermal Control
http://www.amazon.com/Cabcool-1201-2-Tw ... 002CMVS6O/

yes you can probably do it yourself, but the thermal control is a great feature.
easy to install on any home theater or stereo / game console cabinet.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » October 27th, 2014, 7:01 pm

dredman1
Riding on 18's

Postby dredman1 » October 28th, 2014, 1:58 pm

Didn't see it posted before - Amazon Fire TV Stick, just $19 for Prime members for a limited time.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GDQ0RMG/ref ... _i=desktop

What you guys think? Worth getting it at that price for someone who isn't a Prime member to use for Netflix, Crackle, PBS, Vevo, etc?

Pros/Cons?

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”