Forums

The GOOGLE | ANDROID Thread

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

RASC
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: The *Official* GOOGLE | ANDROID Thread

Postby RASC » June 12th, 2012, 12:05 pm

The Samsung Galaxy S3 is probably the only device at the moment that will make me switch to Android. This device is killer, FINALLY the incessant lag issues in the dual-core androids have been rectified... I will wait until Windows Phone 8 later this year, is released to make my decision.

Strauss
Shifting into 6th

Postby Strauss » June 12th, 2012, 2:53 pm

achillies wrote:
Strauss wrote:For starters, RIM has far superior encryption to anyone else out there. It is why businesses are reluctant to move to iOS and Android for basic things like email. iOS can be jailbroken to do anything Apple did not intend and Android is an open book.

And I don't see Apple or Google matching security of Blackberry server for a long time, even if RIM falls apart today.

We talking about bbm bro, and it's not a Google versus iOS versus RIM deal, many of the alternatives are provided by third party companies.

So the explanation I was looking for is to do with a "security advantage" bbm has over the alternatives. I've never heard anyone say they don't want to use whatsapp etc because it's less secure.

If you guys have heard someone say that, can you tell me what these people are sending over bbm???

You then know the answer then asked anyway?

BBM runs on a Blackberry, created by RIM and uses blackberry servers.
You can work it backwards.

However you try to twist it, Blackberry devices are the most secure mobile devices right now. And yes, that will extend to BBM. Contrary to what people might think, it's actually a business tool besides lining up a bull.

achillies
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby achillies » June 12th, 2012, 3:10 pm

Strauss wrote:
achillies wrote:
Strauss wrote:For starters, RIM has far superior encryption to anyone else out there. It is why businesses are reluctant to move to iOS and Android for basic things like email. iOS can be jailbroken to do anything Apple did not intend and Android is an open book.

And I don't see Apple or Google matching security of Blackberry server for a long time, even if RIM falls apart today.

We talking about bbm bro, and it's not a Google versus iOS versus RIM deal, many of the alternatives are provided by third party companies.

So the explanation I was looking for is to do with a "security advantage" bbm has over the alternatives. I've never heard anyone say they don't want to use whatsapp etc because it's less secure.

If you guys have heard someone say that, can you tell me what these people are sending over bbm???

However you try to twist it, Blackberry devices are the most secure mobile devices right now. And yes, that will extend to BBM. Contrary to what people might think, it's actually a business tool besides lining up a bull.

Strauss, we were talking chatting apps and dethroning bbm as number one, someone said something about bbm being secure, I didn't understand where that person was coming from, so I asked them what they meant, everyone else got carried away with the normal Google versus iOS versus RIM squabbling (you included).

Still the question has not been answered, and about bbm being a business tool, let's be real here, in Trinidad and Tobago, blackberries are not business tools, far less for bbm, unless hundreds of barely employed people fighting to put a card on their phone to have bbm for a next week running some kinda business I have not heard about.

If you can find one person who uses "blackberry messenger" because it's more "secure" I'll be quite happy to have a conversation with them.

S_2NR
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby S_2NR » June 12th, 2012, 3:15 pm

Everything sent via BBM is encrypted and sent only over RIM dedicated servers. If u cant understand how that is more secure, well u have a bigger problem.

Lucian-2nr
Chronic 2NR

Postby Lucian-2nr » June 12th, 2012, 3:37 pm

achillies wrote:
Strauss wrote:
achillies wrote:

Strauss, we were talking chatting apps and dethroning bbm as number one, someone said something about bbm being secure, I didn't understand where that person was coming from, so I asked them what they meant, everyone else got carried away with the normal Google versus iOS versus RIM squabbling (you included).

Still the question has not been answered, and about bbm being a business tool, let's be real here, in Trinidad and Tobago, blackberries are not business tools, far less for bbm, unless hundreds of barely employed people fighting to put a card on their phone to have bbm for a next week running some kinda business I have not heard about.

If you can find one person who uses "blackberry messenger" because it's more "secure" I'll be quite happy to have a conversation with them.

Just because the majority don't use it as a business tool does not mean it isn't one and just because you may not see it at enterprise level locally doesn't mean it isn't being used. Majority of businesses use blackberry as their primary means of messaging thus allowing it to trickle down to the basic end user. If you already understand that RIM has the most secure enterprise solution whats so hard to understand about bbm being more secure (BBM is part of more secure devices thus its more secure). Blackberry messenger is the most secure because of several factors including the fact that its all based around RIM infrastructure which has one of the worlds best policies to protect themselves and end users. Simple... look at the means in which they use Pins hardwired to the devices.

stev
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby stev » June 12th, 2012, 3:43 pm

bassotronics wrote:Galaxy S3 for 5k at HGL.

wat? HGL? where is dat?

bassotronics
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby bassotronics » June 12th, 2012, 4:41 pm

stev wrote:

wat? HGL? where is dat?

Pre Order Only though. I ordered my own today, he said it supposed to be here by Thursday :D.
Location - #101 Eastern Main Rd, Champ Fleurs
Contact - 720-4445

stev
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby stev » June 12th, 2012, 4:44 pm

bassotronics wrote:
stev wrote:

wat? HGL? where is dat?

Pre Order Only though. I ordered my own today, he said it supposed to be here by Thursday :D.
Location - #101 Eastern Main Rd, Champ Fleurs
Contact - 720-4445

nice!!! i will check dem out

edit: i studying if to wait for the new nexus though :cry:

achillies
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby achillies » June 12th, 2012, 11:26 pm

Lucian-2nr wrote:Just because the majority don't use it as a business tool does not mean it isn't one and just because you may not see it at enterprise level locally doesn't mean it isn't being used. Majority of businesses use blackberry as their primary means of messaging thus allowing it to trickle down to the basic end user. If you already understand that RIM has the most secure enterprise solution whats so hard to understand about bbm being more secure (BBM is part of more secure devices thus its more secure). Blackberry messenger is the most secure because of several factors including the fact that its all based around RIM infrastructure which has one of the worlds best policies to protect themselves and end users. Simple... look at the means in which they use Pins hardwired to the devices.

Lawd, understanding is a lost art with some of you guys.

So if i do a pole and I ask about 100 people why the have a blackberry and they have 2 choices, security or bbm, tell me which answer you think would be in the majority, this question is for Strauss and you?

I want to see just how complicated you guys can be, because I could swear allyuh trying to tell me BBM is popular because of security :shock: :? :roll:

achillies
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby achillies » June 12th, 2012, 11:41 pm

S_2NR wrote:Everything sent via BBM is encrypted and sent only over RIM dedicated servers. If u cant understand how that is more secure, well u have a bigger problem.

Thanks, this is true, but does this really have anything to do with BBM's popularity?

In my opinion, it doesn't, what is your opinion?

Strauss
Shifting into 6th

Postby Strauss » June 13th, 2012, 12:06 am

achillies wrote:
S_2NR wrote:Everything sent via BBM is encrypted and sent only over RIM dedicated servers. If u cant understand how that is more secure, well u have a bigger problem.

Thanks, this is true, but does this really have anything to do with BBM's popularity?

YES.

And it's why WE USED THEM. We were using Blackberrys when it was the #1 phone. BBM being free was irrelevant because the average Joe could not think of affording one.

You are getting confused about bbm now as people are using them for free bbm. You are forgetting why they were popular in the first place - email, web, file/data sharing... over a secure network.

You got to be really young in phone tech to even ask a silly question. You know nothing is wrong with sometimes accepting the knowledge of those far more experienced, as the same thing is echoed by mutiple sources.

achillies
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby achillies » June 13th, 2012, 12:14 am

Strauss wrote:
achillies wrote:

YES.

And it's why WE USED THEM. We were using Blackberrys when it was the #1 phone. BBM being free was irrelevant because the average Joe could not think of affording one.

You are getting confused about bbm now as people are using them for free bbm. You are forgetting why they were popular in the first place - email, web, file/data sharing... over a secure network.

You got to be really young in phone tech to even ask a silly question. You know nothing is wrong with sometimes accepting the knowledge of those far more experienced, as the same thing is echoed by mutiple sources.

Well, we are talking about now Strauss, back in the time when you were using BBM, what were the alternatives, name them, you are the one who is confused, the whole conversation was based on BBM versus the alternatives, and the alternatives exist now, how can you want to compare BBM in the days when the alternatives didn't exist, what does that say about those far more experienced if they can't even understand the foundation of the conversation. If you had the experience you claim, you would have read the earlier posts on how this conversation got started, when I said,
The only BBM killer is for die hard BBM users to move onto the alternatives

The whole foundation of the conversation was about the populariy of BBM now against the alternatives that exist now, you talking about BBM back then is completely irrelevant.

Like it or not, I believe that BBM now is popular only because of the social aspect with other BBM users and has little to attribute to security, if any at all. The majority of users who purchase blackberries over the past couple of years did so primarily for BBM, to chat with other BBM users, completely oblivious to the alternatives that exist on other mobile platforms.

And the same thing echoed by multiple sources does not make it right, especially when the sources don't even understand the original argument.

The question still stands, ask a 100 people Strauss, what is your answer, why do the majority buy blackberries???

Lets go at this from another direction, if RIM were to restrict BBM only to business/enterprise accounts from this day forward, would blackberries be as popular as they are today in the next year or so, let me see you wrap your far more experienced head around that one :lol:

EDIT: Strauss, you may be spending too much time around yes men, energy not worth it to have a healthy discussion with someone who can hold there corner
Last edited by achillies on June 13th, 2012, 12:34 am, edited 3 times in total.

Strauss
Shifting into 6th

Postby Strauss » June 13th, 2012, 12:25 am

Wow.

Energy not worth it.
Have fun buddy.

Cid
Riding on 17's

Postby Cid » June 13th, 2012, 9:44 am

stev
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby stev » June 13th, 2012, 3:57 pm

Lifehacker shows how to get IOS 6 features on your android now:

http://lifehacker.com/5918011/how-to-ge ... -right-now

achillies
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby achillies » June 13th, 2012, 4:22 pm

Cid wrote:

Hmmm, looks impress, too bad I'm not into the gaming thing.

dreamyn
Street 2NR

Postby dreamyn » June 13th, 2012, 9:51 pm

i looking to sell my evo 3d to upgrade to a tablet - preferably d asus transformer prime.dis is one of if not d best (i kno it has an upgrade but its not much diff)

Val
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Val » June 14th, 2012, 12:23 am

Galaxy S3:

Wireless charging kit: http://www.slashgear.com/samsung-wirele ... -03226053/

NFC Tiles and Free programming app from Samsung: http://www.samsung.com/us/microsite/tectile/
http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/cell-p ... TT1G6NGSTA

Wireless charging concept to the masses via ultrabook and adapter: http://news.discovery.com/tech/intel-ul ... 20611.html

Too bad my S2 doesn't have NFC :(

sharkman121
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby sharkman121 » June 14th, 2012, 9:22 am

cinco
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby cinco » June 14th, 2012, 9:25 am

yay buy a 4g phone from bmobile and not be able to use it yay

sharkman121
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby sharkman121 » June 14th, 2012, 10:37 am

cinco wrote:yay buy a 4g phone from bmobile and not be able to use it yay

shirley you cant be serious..

M_2NR
not Admin

Postby M_2NR » June 14th, 2012, 12:45 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ulyuh looking for a free photo editor? Aviary released on Android. Using it on the touchpad. Does the little things i needed for free so yay :D
It's also out on iOS too.

cinco
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby cinco » June 14th, 2012, 12:47 pm

sharkman121 wrote:

Step 1: buy it from tstt
Step 2: insert digicel sim
Step 3: ?????
Step4: PROFIT!!!!

Strauss
Shifting into 6th

Postby Strauss » June 14th, 2012, 1:26 pm

cinco wrote:
sharkman121 wrote:

Step 1: buy it from tstt
Step 2: insert digicel sim
Step 3: ?????
Step4: PROFIT!!!!

They sell them unlocked?

blacklight
Sweet on this forum

Postby blacklight » June 14th, 2012, 2:21 pm

sharkman121 wrote:Image

Its amazing how the ad never says that you will have to sign up for a android plan with ridiculous rates to get the phone.

Dont know why bmobile dont stop the nonsense of a different service rate based on the handset you purchase.

Jonathan_337
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Jonathan_337 » June 14th, 2012, 4:06 pm

viewtopic.php?p=6279403#p6279403

Need to sell my One X :'(

iDynamic
Riding on 18's

The *Official* GOOGLE | ANDROID Thread

Postby iDynamic » June 14th, 2012, 4:07 pm

Jonathan_337 wrote:http://www.trinituner.com/v3/forums/viewtopic.php?p=6279403#p6279403

Need to sell my One X :'(

Like yuh wanna get that S 3

bassotronics
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby bassotronics » June 14th, 2012, 4:35 pm

sharkman121 wrote:Image

When you buy this from bmobile, does it be unlocked? or just to bmobile?

sentraman
Riding on 17's

Postby sentraman » June 14th, 2012, 6:45 pm

I now buy mine.

S2 for sale with otterbox case and MHL

sharkman121
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby sharkman121 » June 14th, 2012, 7:09 pm

blacklight wrote:
Its amazing how the ad never says that you will have to sign up for a android plan with ridiculous rates to get the phone.

Dont know why bmobile dont stop the nonsense of a different service rate based on the handset you purchase.

really unfortunate if thats the case, otherwise the price didnt seem that bad.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”