Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

achillies
I LUV THIS PLACE

Re: The *Official* GOOGLE | ANDROID Thread

Postby achillies » March 28th, 2012, 2:32 am

Strauss wrote:
achillies wrote:
Strauss wrote:
sharkman121 wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: EFFECTIVE DESIGNS, i doh think yuh shoulda unfriend the man cuz of a simple disagreement and stop giving him a drop to the junction... :rofl:

some ppl, most ppl are very stubborn and it will take a while for it to soak in an realise that the android is better. Its like when i try to convince ppl of HYundai and Kia vehicle reliability and sales worldwide is now higher than Nissan and Toyota, they dont believe me and i cant blame em really, i just tell them do the research.

I'm pretty sure Hyundai and Kia outsells Mercedes Benz as well.

I'm also certain that those Korean cars have more specs/features per dollar as well.
And also possibly can be modified the most with after market parts.

But the driving experience of a Benz...

Not the way it specifically corners, or rides smoothly, or how the seat feels at your back, or the quiet aggression of the engine, or the intricate lines can lead along the body like a work of fine art.... no.... no.... it's just something about the package of a Mercedes Benz that, if you have some class and appreciation for finer things, and love for driving... really really driving, will understand...

Lol, now this is comedy, I wonder if a Benz mechanic ever told a Benz owner "You're holding it wrong"

I am also pretty sure Benz don't have to depend on Kia and Hyundai to manufacturer 75% of their cars ;-)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4

You missed the point completely.
Besides isn't Nissan building engines for Mercedes now?

The only point of that post was that the poster was fooling himself, maybe I should have left people to their fantasies

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4

Strauss
Shifting into 6th

Postby Strauss » March 28th, 2012, 8:35 am

achillies wrote:The only point of that post was that the poster was fooling himself, maybe I should have left people to their fantasies

Ok Mercedes-hater :)

One day you will understand the philosophy behind software design and how it integrates with hardware. It's not about specs, although that is important. It's not about how much you sell, although that is critical to long-term stability.

I'm not a Google-hater. I depend in their services every day. You just don't know where all your stuff came from. And that's because you have not been part of our world so you, perhaps, maybe be ignorant to when innovation happens and how the rest of the industries — companies like Google, Adobe, Intel — all benefit freely and then go on to make great products for us to use.

e.g. You should know about Andy Rubin and how he got to be in charge of mobile at Google. Do you remember what Android looked like in the pre-iPhone era? You remember who Android phones looked like pre-iPhone? Yea of course you know.. they looked like Blackberries.

There is so much information you may not know. So before you go hating Apple's OS or hardware, know how they help shape the products you use — from Windows to Android to the APIs that these things rely on.

achillies
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby achillies » March 28th, 2012, 10:03 am

Strauss wrote:
achillies wrote:The only point of that post was that the poster was fooling himself, maybe I should have left people to their fantasies

Ok Mercedes-hater :)

One day you will understand the philosophy behind software design and how it integrates with hardware. It's not about specs, although that is important. It's not about how much you sell, although that is critical to long-term stability.

I'm not a Google-hater. I depend in their services every day. You just don't know where all your stuff came from. And that's because you have not been part of our world so you, perhaps, maybe be ignorant to when innovation happens and how the rest of the industries — companies like Google, Adobe, Intel — all benefit freely and then go on to make great products for us to use.

e.g. You should know about Andy Rubin and how he got to be in charge of mobile at Google. Do you remember what Android looked like in the pre-iPhone era? You remember who Android phones looked like pre-iPhone? Yea of course you know.. they looked like Blackberries.

There is so much information you may not know. So before you go hating Apple's OS or hardware, know how they help shape the products you use — from Windows to Android to the APIs that these things rely on.

Relax their buddy, I dare you to find one post where I said I hated iOS, :lol: , don't go making up stuff now, you always make posts with zero evidence to back it up, it's bad habit that you should try to curb, for your own good.

One day you would understand that you do not have the repository of knowledge on iOS or Android for that matter, information is free to everyone and it would do you some good to realize that, and stop making posts based on your PERSONAL experiences/likes/dislikes, those are yours, and it has no more merit than anyone else, anywhere, I hope you understand that.

You are probably one of those that think creation is making something out of nothing, it is not, all inventions, all innovation has inspiration from something else, yes, iOS helped shape Android, but iOS had a lot of help also, whether it is in what to do, or what not to do Android would help shape what comes after, you fail to acknowledge that, so you always start off on the losing side and will remain there by your lack of acknowledge of this.

All this is besides the point, so you can make yourself comfortable thinking that iOS was responsible for everything, even falsifying reality to achieve this, but you can only falsify your reality and those who are easily influenced, I will not be influenced by your false reality, assumptions

So go ahead and make your points, where everything that Android is doing well is not important, and where what Apple is doing with iOS is more important, I have no problem with that, it is indeed funny to me the lengths you go to, even changing arguments quarterly, but if you can't handle an opposing view without putting words in my mouth, you should make your statements in the Apple thread, everyone there would be glad to drink your cool-aid, but if you make the comments here where I can see them and they are false or nonsensical, I would respond, because I still don't think a Benz owner would be caught trolling in the KIA/Hyundai forum, that shows a huge insecurity in their purchase..... :lol:

achillies
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby achillies » March 28th, 2012, 10:06 am

For the Golf fans :lol: :lol: :lol:
Official Masters App has been Updated for 2012, Who Doesn’t Need Live Streaming from Amen Corner?

Hello, friends. The Masters is just over a week away and that means it is time to load up the official app for golf’s Super Bowl and get to studying. We wouldn’t want you referring to anyone as a fan or spectator next week, would we? They are patrons, people. It’s a tradition unlike any other. Make Jim Nance proud.

In all seriousness, the app brings you live coverage of Amen Corner, holes 15 and 16, the Par 3 Contest on Wednesday, and footage of two featured groups which you know is going to include Tiger Woods, ya’ll. The Play Store says that it is compatible with every single device I own, so here’s to hoping the Galaxy Nexus can actually stream video unlike some other prominent sports apps. “Get in the hole!”

achillies
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby achillies » March 28th, 2012, 10:12 am

Elephant Plays with a Galaxy Note!

Strauss
Shifting into 6th

Postby Strauss » March 28th, 2012, 10:17 am

achillies wrote:you always make posts with zero evidence to back it up, it's bad habit that you should try to curb, for your own good.

Actually I don't need to provide evidence. My word is like the 10 commandments :)

You'd be surprised the amount of information circulated by supposedly intelligent people and sites on the internet that is just false or part of the misinformation machines.

And when everyone reads it, they take it as law. Fortunately there are demigods like myself who have witnessed and helped shaped the face of technology for the greater good of mankind.

One day you would understand that you do not have the repository of knowledge on iOS or Android for that matter, information is free to everyone and it would do you some good to realize that, and stop making posts based on your PERSONAL experiences/likes/dislikes, those are yours, and it has no more merit than anyone else, anywhere, I hope you understand that.

You are probably one of those that think creation is making something out of nothing, it is not, all inventions, all innovation has inspiration from something else, yes, iOS helped shape Android, but iOS had a lot of help also, whether it is in what to do, or what not to do Android would help shape what comes after, you fail to acknowledge that, so you always start off on the losing side and will remain there by your lack of acknowledge of this.

That's technology. Everyone feeds off everyone else to make better products. Then ever so often some idiot holding a patent steps up :)

Everything else I 1/2 agree with. But really Apple has innovated more for multiple industries as much as Sony, Netscape, Xerox and Atari. You'd really be surprised how much you use had its major push from Apple. That's all I'm saying.

Remember... 10 commandments :D
Demigod :)
My word :)

Strauss
Shifting into 6th

Postby Strauss » March 28th, 2012, 10:26 am

And apologies to everyone else if I seem to troll the thread.
This IS the Google thread and I'm a user so I'm here often.

ZeroOne
12 pounds of Boost

Postby ZeroOne » March 28th, 2012, 1:52 pm

BlueStacks App :shock: :shock: :shock:

thanks achillies 8-)

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » March 29th, 2012, 6:18 am

guys, i have an xperia pro runnin on android 2.3.4,
recently, it start acting up: i randomly getting a "sony ericsson Home" force close/wait option.

any suggestions??

sentraman
Riding on 17's

Postby sentraman » March 29th, 2012, 1:37 pm

Is there anyway to remove this dam ics and go back to gingerbread. I am fed up.

sentraman
Riding on 17's

Postby sentraman » March 29th, 2012, 1:38 pm

Is there anyway to remove this dam ics and go back to gingerbread. I am fed up.

stev
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby stev » March 29th, 2012, 1:45 pm

yes u can.....and yes u can...

put a gingerbread rom...y u dont like ics?

sentraman
Riding on 17's

Postby sentraman » March 29th, 2012, 3:20 pm

Since I put it on the phone has slowed down a lot and is very buggy

r3iXmann
punchin NOS

Postby r3iXmann » March 29th, 2012, 3:35 pm

what model ph are you using?

sentraman
Riding on 17's

Postby sentraman » March 29th, 2012, 7:38 pm

samsung S2

Nikklus
Riding on 13's

Postby Nikklus » March 30th, 2012, 9:24 am

sentraman wrote:Is there anyway to remove this dam ics and go back to gingerbread. I am fed up.

Download your ROM from here:

http://www.galaxys2roms.com/

Root your phone and install ClockWorkMod.
Boot into ClockWordMod recovery and install the ZIP file from your SDcard.

Use Google to find out how to root and install ClockWorkMod.

Good Luck.

r3iXmann
punchin NOS

Postby r3iXmann » March 30th, 2012, 9:51 am

samsung and htc install a ton of bloatware on their roms

get a clean one and call it a day

IslandShack

Postby IslandShack » March 30th, 2012, 10:43 am

sentraman wrote:Since I put it on the phone has slowed down a lot and is very buggy

I agree with you here, its become slow and buggy since the official Samsung ICS update, I might end up trying out some custom ICS roms before I switch back to Gingerbread though.

achillies
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby achillies » March 30th, 2012, 2:06 pm

IslandShack wrote:
sentraman wrote:Since I put it on the phone has slowed down a lot and is very buggy

I agree with you here, its become slow and buggy since the official Samsung ICS update, I might end up trying out some custom ICS roms before I switch back to Gingerbread though.

Did you guys perform a factory reset AFTER updating, upgrading straight to ICS can cause many issues. Also, try not to restore apps and data from backups, a fresh start is the way to go, you don't have to stay on the Trinidad LPE ROM, try some of the newer ICS firmwares from HERE, the ROMS that Sammy releases would get faster and less buggy with newer releases.

Also, you should give CM9 a try, the only thing missing from CM9 is radio

I never had any issues at all

S_2NR
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby S_2NR » March 30th, 2012, 3:36 pm

Vanilla ICS runs great on my Nexus S.
Its most likely the Samsung bloatware

wheelbarrow
Riding on 17's

Postby wheelbarrow » March 31st, 2012, 11:22 am

achillies wrote:
IslandShack wrote:

Did you guys perform a factory reset AFTER updating, upgrading straight to ICS can cause many issues. Also, try not to restore apps and data from backups, a fresh start is the way to go, you don't have to stay on the Trinidad LPE ROM, try some of the newer ICS firmwares from HERE, the ROMS that Sammy releases would get faster and less buggy with newer releases.

Tanx boihossboidawgboi. I did ah factory reset an my phone is wukkin sweet again.... Ah really didnt want to have to root...

One problem tho... Ive found that my contacts arent fully syncin. Numbers and info are there, but no pics... Ive synced from the phone and also synced from the facebook app.. Any suggestions allyuh?

Jonathan_337
3NE2NR is my LIFE

The *Official* GOOGLE | ANDROID Thread

Postby Jonathan_337 » March 31st, 2012, 4:14 pm

wheelbarrow wrote:
achillies wrote:
IslandShack wrote:

Tanx boihossboidawgboi. I did ah factory reset an my phone is wukkin sweet again.... Ah really didnt want to have to root...

One problem tho... Ive found that my contacts arent fully syncin. Numbers and info are there, but no pics... Ive synced from the phone and also synced from the facebook app.. Any suggestions allyuh?

Make sure you have full names in your contacts and turn off the sync contacts feature on Facebook and then turn it back on and let it sync.

wheelbarrow
Riding on 17's

Postby wheelbarrow » March 31st, 2012, 6:55 pm

I ended up deleting and reinstalling facebook. Then did a sync. Its working now.

sentraman
Riding on 17's

Postby sentraman » March 31st, 2012, 9:35 pm

How do you do a factory reset and will i have to reinstall all my apps

achillies
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby achillies » April 2nd, 2012, 8:42 pm

sentraman wrote:How do you do a factory reset and will i have to reinstall all my apps

Hoss sorry, but I really cannot remember and I am running CM9 now, so I can't check, but to answer your question, yes, you will have to re-install all of your apps

wheelbarrow
Riding on 17's

Postby wheelbarrow » April 2nd, 2012, 10:11 pm

sentraman wrote:How do you do a factory reset and will i have to reinstall all my apps

From your home screen click on your menu key then click settings. Then look for "Back up and reset"
You should link your phone and back up to a google account. After the reset it will ask you for the google account credentials. Then all the backed up apps will be reinstalled.
Remember that the reset will erase all ur photos and pics stored on ur phone.

stev
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby stev » April 2nd, 2012, 10:17 pm

S_2NR
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby S_2NR » April 3rd, 2012, 12:10 am

use titanium backup to backup all apps before doing that.
why would u want to do that anyway

wheelbarrow
Riding on 17's

Postby wheelbarrow » April 3rd, 2012, 10:31 am

Hmmm. Im having issues replyin to emails on my hotmail account. Anybody else experiencing the same?

achillies
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby achillies » April 3rd, 2012, 4:53 pm

wheelbarrow wrote:Hmmm. Im having issues replyin to emails on my hotmail account. Anybody else experiencing the same?

I use to have issues sending mail from my hotmail account, but I don't anymore since I set it up like an exchange account using the default mail app in ICS

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”