Monday, September 1st, 2014

- It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:32 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Jump to:  

joker
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:02 am 
18 pounds of Boost

I WOULD AGAIN .. EVEN IF IT IS NOT MY KID ....

BUT THIS GUY ....

DESERVES RECOGNITION....

http://www.newsday.co.tt/news/0,199674.html
HERO’S HONOUR

By Nalinee Seelal Thursday, August 28 2014
click on pic to zoom in
« prev photo next photo »

Nicholas Seucharan risked his life to save two drowning boys from the rough seas of Mayaro and paid the ultimate price, dying after he got the children to safety.

In memory of his heroic deed, Seucharan, 26, will be honoured posthumously with a national award for gallantry, the Humming Bird Silver, at this Sunday’s Independence Day Awards Ceremony to be held at Queen’s Hall, Port-of-Spain.

Seucharan of Tabaquite was considered by the National Awards Committee chaired by Chief Justice Ivor Archie for a selfless deed, and already his mother Prematee Seucharan has graciously decided to accept the award on behalf of her deceased son.

On Sunday, Prematee, her daughter Nisha and other relatives, will journey to Queen’s Hall for the ceremony.

Yesterday Nisha, sister of the awardee, said her mother was contacted on Monday by Mrs Liverpool at President’s House, St Ann’s and asked to attend a meeting there.

She said she was informed of the decision of the Awards Committee to honour Seucharan and they were invited to the ceremony.

“While we are happy about my brother being recognised for his heroic deed, we would have been happier if he were alive and with us today,” Nisha told Newsday.

She added that her family has not gotten over Seucharan’s death but with each passing day they thank God for being part of his life and being able to share fond memories with him. In recalling the tragic incident on March 3 when Seucharan died, Nisha said her entire family had decided to spend a fun-filled day at Mayaro beach. When they arrived there they met members of a church group, and being Christians decided to spend time with them.

At about 4 pm, Seucharan, who was playing cricket with his cousins, was told by a female member of the church group that two boys were drowning.

Nisha said her brother wasted no time. He secured a rope, braved the choppy waters and pulled the boys out of danger.

However, Seucharan was caught by a rip tide and drowned. Soon after, his body was seen floating, throwing his family and members of the church group into mourning. Seucharan was pulled from the water and CPR was administered, but he never revived. He was pronounced dead on arrival at the Mayaro District Hospital.

Seucharan was the lone brother of Nisha who yesterday described him as a loving and kind person, who will always have a place in her heart.

Newsday also understands that former Minister of Agriculture Dr Brinsley Samaroo, who is also a historian ,will receive the Chaconia Medal Gold for public service. Contacted yesterday, Samaroo said he was informed that he was being considered for an award, but expressed surprise he was actually being awarded the Chaconia Gold. The prominent historian and one-time Member of Parliament said, “I am surprised because I did not expect nor ask for anything and i’m not sure if one of my students would have recommended me.”

Newsday was also able to confirm that former Minister of National Security, Brigadier Joseph Theodore will also be awarded the Chaconia Gold posthumously.

A relative of the late Brigadier confirmed to Newsday yesterday that the relatives have decided to accept the award on his behalf.

The relative, who did not want to be named, said Theodore served this country well and it was no surprise that he was being given an award posthumously.

Newsday also understands that the Award Committee was up until yesterday considering giving the Order of Trinidad and Tobago posthumously to murdered State Counsel, Dana Seetahal.

Newsday was informed that the lobby group, Powerful Ladies of TT (PLOT), nominated Seetahal to the Awards Committee for the nation’s highest award.

Fifteen persons have previously received the award of the Order of Trinidad and Tobago.

RIP .

Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Ted_v2
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:00 am 
TriniTuner 24-7

Glad it still has people like this.

1UZFE
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:29 am 
punchin NOS

Big respect..

zoom rader
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:22 am 
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

An institution should also be named after him to let youths and the public know that there are national hero's.

shotta 20
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:25 am 
Shifting into 6th

Yes I would, for mine and other children.

This guy deserves this award. Rip buddy, sure the big man have a special place for u up there.

Gem_in_i
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:48 am 
I LUV THIS PLACE

Yrs ago a girl I went to sch with drowned after she saved her sister from drowning.

RBphoto
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:01 am 
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Fcuk Panday and Manning for the highest national award. Nicholas Seucharan deserves it.

ABA Trading LTD
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:53 am 
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Would you do it if you have wife and children of your own?

Spitfir3
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:18 am 
Shifting into 6th

RBphoto wrote:
Fcuk Panday and Manning for the highest national award. Nicholas Seucharan deserves it.

this..cut their pay and perks in half and lets see how noble these "heroes" are

this dude payed the ultimate price, also by now you would think people would keep closer eyes on their kids especially in dangerous waters like mayaro

as per thread title i would have done what i can to help but im not the greatest swimmer so it depends

i did manage to save my cousin one time and while i was pushing her out i got pulled in more and more so its easy to see how someone can drown while trying to save another

Last edited by Spitfir3 on Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Redman
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:30 am 
I LUV THIS PLACE

ABA Trading LTD wrote:
Would you do it if you have wife and children of your own?

Yes-probably BECAUSE I have a wife and child.

I didnt understand the commitment before my son was born.

Cid
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:43 am 
Riding on 16's

Id prob risk it to save them cuz i cant see helpless kids and not do anything .... but definitely not sacrifice my life to save them ..... cuz i got 2 kids of my own .......

ruffneck_12
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:54 am 
punchin NOS

depends on the situation

I cyar swim so I wuda die with them :/

ABA Trading LTD
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:04 pm 
3NE 2NR Power Seller

I cant swim so I wouldn't risk my life. Plus d wife guh be pretty pissed if I die

Last edited by ABA Trading LTD on Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

3stagevtec
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:28 pm 
TriniTuner 24-7

It all depends, if I have reasonable enough control over a situation, I would risk my life (to a point) to help save a child.. but in this case seeing that I am a poor swimmer, I'd be out..

RBphoto
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:18 pm 
3NE 2NR Power Seller

ruffneck_12 wrote:
depends on the situation

I cyar swim so I wuda die with them :/

This is me.

rspann
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:59 pm 
Riding on 17's

I saved a man from, drowning had to tote him almost two hundred feet, in twenty five feet deep water, the bugger was drunk and hold on like a vice grip. I was just waiting for a chance to knock him out but he didn't fight up too much. When we reach back in he start kissing his wife and daughter. I don't think I could do it again though, it was real frightening.

1UZFE
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:08 am 
punchin NOS

^^ respect bro..

shake d livin wake d dead
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:24 am 
TriniTuner 24-7

if the man was still alive,would he receive the award?

tizik 2nr
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:24 am 
3NE 2NR for life

Before I had kids, sure...
Now... the only ones I'd risk my life for are my own...

MG Man
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:18 am 
2NRholic

Location: Heeeey...this rag smells like chlorof...............
shake d livin wake d dead wrote:

Same thing I was wondering

ABA Trading LTD
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:49 pm 
3NE 2NR Power Seller

MG Man wrote:
shake d livin wake d dead wrote:

Same thing I was wondering

Story wont have even made news if he was alive