TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Cambridge cancels O'level and A'level exams, will use existing grades to mark students

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

abducted
I LUV THIS PLACE

Cambridge cancels O'level and A'level exams, will use existing grades to mark students

Postby abducted » March 23rd, 2020, 7:38 pm

Update from Cambridge International on May/June 2020 exams
23 Mar 2020

The situation with the Covid-19 outbreak is changing rapidly. In recent days, many more countries have decided to extend school closures into May and June, making it impossible for many of our schools to hold examinations.

We have been consulting closely with our global community of schools, who need as much certainty as possible at an uncertain time. Our priority is to protect the safety and wellbeing of our students and teachers, ensure fairness for all our students and support them in continuing with their education.

Today, therefore, we have taken the difficult decision not to run our international examinations in the May/June 2020 series in any country. This includes Cambridge IGCSE, Cambridge O Level, Cambridge International AS & A Level, Cambridge AICE Diploma and Cambridge Pre-U.

We recognise that students have been working very hard towards these exams. We will be working with schools to assess students’ achievements using the best available evidence. Students will receive a grade and a certificate from Cambridge International, given the knowledge and skills they have acquired in their programmes of study. This will ensure students do not face disadvantage as a result of these extraordinary circumstances.

We will provide guidance to schools on how students will receive those grades. We are talking to universities worldwide, and they are factoring these unprecedented circumstances into admissions decisions, so students can continue with their education journeys as soon as possible.

We are also aware of the impact the situation may have on student motivation and learning. Many of our schools are working hard to deliver teaching online to support their students’ learning. We will continue to offer a wide range of support and resources for schools, teachers and students on our dedicated pages on our website at www.cambridgeinternational.org

We will provide an update for schools on Thursday 26 March and as regularly as possible. We know that schools will need clear guidance very soon, and we are working around the clock on how to deliver valuable outcomes to students in the many countries where we work.

https://www.cambridgeinternational.org/ ... s-20200323

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Re: Cambridge cancels O'level and A'level exams, will use existing grades to mark students

Postby Gladiator » March 23rd, 2020, 8:14 pm

^^ WOW... everything in chaos!!!

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Re: Cambridge cancels O'level and A'level exams, will use existing grades to mark students

Postby Dohplaydat » March 23rd, 2020, 8:24 pm

I predict that won't go down well.

Universities need to understand the situation and adapt, there's no reason they can't have an academic year that starts January instead of Sept.

Delay exams till Aug.....get results in Nov and start Uni in Jan 2021.

There will be a shortened summer in 2021 to make up but right now, it looks like schools may be closed worldwide from now to till June.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » March 23rd, 2020, 9:25 pm

Real.ppl gonna sue for better grades

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » March 23rd, 2020, 9:53 pm

usually a grade is provided based on students expected performance just in case he/she can't sit exams- or at least that's what my A Level Physics teacher did. of course it might have been based on their performance in the 2nd term Mock exam but even that would have been cancelled as it's at the end of the 2nd term.

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » March 23rd, 2020, 11:17 pm

redmanjp wrote:usually a grade is provided based on students expected performance just in case he/she can't sit exams- or at least that's what my A Level Physics teacher did. of course it might have been based on their performance in the 2nd term Mock exam but even that would have been cancelled as it's at the end of the 2nd term.

How old allyuh fellas is boy? things get real easy now!!!

teems1
punchin NOS

Postby teems1 » March 24th, 2020, 9:04 am

This won't go down well.

A person in May could be a few steps ahead of where they were in March/April.

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » March 25th, 2020, 11:22 am

Phone Surgeon wrote:Real.ppl gonna sue for better grades

I didn't buckle down until 2 weeks before my exams back in secondary school. If they used my existing grades I would have been seriously f@#ked.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”