Forums

*** The OFFICIAL Government Achievements Thread***

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Re: *** The OFFICIAL Government Achievements Thread***

Postby pete » October 19th, 2014, 5:12 pm

What is the fee to have a tyre shredded? I wouldn't mind carrying a few that I have home to get disposed of properly.

RASC
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RASC » October 20th, 2014, 6:20 am

pete wrote:What is the fee to have a tyre shredded? I wouldn't mind carrying a few that I have home to get disposed of properly.

Also curious!

1UZFE
punchin NOS

Postby 1UZFE » October 20th, 2014, 7:28 am

I think its free..

UML
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby UML » October 20th, 2014, 9:34 am

Team Loco wrote:
UML wrote:I must commend the contractor that paving the Rivulet Road in Couva. It is smooth like glass, the smoothest I have ever seen or driven on in T&T. Keep up the good work!!!

Which rivulet rd bra? Its ok but moving at a snails pace

Sorry I was supposed to correct this. I saw a sign stating it was a temporary surface!!!! :shock:

Besssssssssssss 0X

pete wrote:What is the fee to have a tyre shredded? I wouldn't mind carrying a few that I have home to get disposed of properly.

Dump d damn ting by d office and u get it done free :mrgreen:

UML

Postby UML » October 22nd, 2014, 9:09 am

PM opens Golconda Interchange, expects economic and social benefits

Last Updated on 22.10.2014
Published Date

Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar opened the Golconda Interchange on Tuesday afternoon, hailing it "as a symbol of further progress, not only of the highway but our commitment to a better quality of life and a better country as a whole."

This, as she promised to continue working on developing the Southland through the Solomon Hochoy Highway Extension Project.

The PM reassured that work on the controversial section of the Debe to Mon Desir section of the Highway will continue, noting that the High Court and the Court of Appeal ruled in favour of Government on this matter on more than one occasion, with the presiding judges noting the tremendous cost to taxpayers and the continued traffic burden South residents face on a daily basis.

She also criticised those who have not abided by the rulings.

"Those who could not get the court to get what they want are now using extra judicial means to try to get what they want. But I say God is always great. We put our faith in the rule of law and in God and justice will be done."

The Prime Minister said Government has abided by the recommendations of the Armstrong Report on the controversial segment of the highway.

"They took on board many of the recommendations of the Armstrong Report and when they say, some are saying that we did not consider that report, that is not true. There are many other facts that are just not true about the highway and I think the story is only now being told more frequently."

The Prime Minister said negative social impacts have been avoided and also noted that many citizens were employed on the project.

"I am told that 91% of the employees are local. OAS, thank you very much for that. Further, with many of our technical engineering personnel employed on the project, the gain to the country, through the transfer of technology, will be significant. Thus far, I am told over 600 local firms have been supplying goods and services to the main contractor OAS."

The National Infrastructure Development Company Limited (NIDCO), the lead agency on the Solomon Hochoy Highway Extension Project, said the Highway is being built to international freeway standards, comprises 47 kilometres of four-lane dual carriageway and 2.5 kilometres of two-lane roadway and will connect the city of San Fernando and the southern towns of Debe, Penal, Siparia, Fyzabad, La Brea and Point Fortin.

The project is the largest and most complex infrastructural development that has ever been undertaken in the country and the Prime Minister expressed confidence that it will lead to economic and social benefits.

"You have seen the tremendous development in the North West Peninsula and I see no reason why the South West Peninsula should not also benefit from development. This area has been one of the neglected areas of our country in terms of development. Part of it has to do with the time it takes to get from San Fernando to Point Fortin. With this highway, Government's thrust to bring more industries as well as tourism projects to this area will gain momentum. The quality of life as a whole is destined to be improved as a result of this project."

http://ctntworld.com/cnews2/index.php?o ... Itemid=707

dude2014
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby dude2014 » October 23rd, 2014, 1:30 pm

UML wrote:
Team Loco wrote:
UML wrote:I must commend the contractor that paving the Rivulet Road in Couva. It is smooth like glass, the smoothest I have ever seen or driven on in T&T. Keep up the good work!!!

Which rivulet rd bra? Its ok but moving at a snails pace

Sorry I was supposed to correct this. I saw a sign stating it was a temporary surface!!!! :shock:

Besssssssssssss 0X

Dump d damn ting by d office and u get it done free :mrgreen:

I would not advise that. The fee for illegal dumping of any matter is $1000.00.
I am advised that the Solid Waste Management Company Limited (SWMCOL) recently bought equipment that can provide this service.
Will enquire further and update same.
Meanwhile you can call SWMCOL or google the papers or TV6.
And besides you dont want anyone to drink chicken soup for the chickengunya

UML

Postby UML » October 27th, 2014, 3:21 pm

UML wrote:Couva West Secondary School was built under the PNM and has been plagued with problems from its inception. The pnm took away the children's field and built a school next to the same school. John Rahael was the contractor. No documentation for abandonment or destruction for the school next door has ever been found.

(From the Corruption Thread)

Govt to save $600m refitting schools

Published:
Sunday, October 26, 2014

Government expects to save more than $600 million by refitting five secondary schools that had been earmarked for demolition. This was announced yesterday by Education Minister Dr Tim Gopeesingh as he and Tertiary Education Minister Senator Fazal Karim toured schools in central Trinidad. Karim joined Gopeesingh at the Carapichiama West Secondary School on the second leg of school visit programme to assess clean-up work being done to reduce the risk of mosquito borne diseases.

Gopeesingh said the previous government had planned to demolish the buildings, which once housed junior secondary schools, at a cost of $90 million. Instead, he said, by next April students will be relocated so work can start on refitting the Five Rivers, Carapichiama, St Joseph, Marabella and Couva schools. The minister said the country’s 11 government and 14 private special needs schools were not sufficient to accommodate disabled students, so some of the school buildings would be refitted for that purpose. He said the buildings will be used jointly by the Education and Tertiary Education Ministries.

Karim said his ministry plans to use one of the buildings in central Trinidad as a UTT campus for teachers’ training to complement the existing colleges at Valsayn and Corinth. He said the buildings will be used by his ministry for three major programmes—Caribbean Vocational Qualification, the OJT and National Life Skills.
http://www.guardian.co.tt/news/2014-10- ... ng-schools

UML

Postby UML » October 28th, 2014, 8:22 am

NESC and NGC partner for CNG Training

Caption: Minister of Tertiary Education and Skills Training, Fazal Karim left, and Minister of Energy and Energy Affairs, Kevin Ramnarine shake hands on Wednesday at the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding between the National Energy Skills Center (NESC) and the National Gas Company of Trinidad and Tobago Compressed Natural Gas (NGC CNG). (Photo courtesy: Ministry of Tertiary Education and Skills Training)

October 15, 2014: Senator the Honourable Fazal Karim, Minister of Tertiary Education and Skills Training, and Senator the Honourable Kevin Ramnarine, Minister of Energy and Energy Affairs, were present for the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between the National Energy Skills Centre (NESC) and the National Gas Company (NGC) on Wednesday, October 15, 2014, at the Conference Room of the Ministry of Tertiary Education and Skills Training, Level 18, Tower C, International Waterfront Centre, 1A Wrightson Road, Port of Spain.

The MOU, which would allow for the training of individuals in the maintenance of Compressed Natural Gas (CNG)-powered vehicles, was lauded by Minister Karim as the realization of something new from both agencies – “CNG will fuel the energy industry and education minds of the people of this country… What we do here today will energise the landscape of Trinidad and Tobago.”

He then directed his attention to Minister Ramnarine, asking that he consider deeper collaboration between their two Ministries, beginning with the expansion of the programme to qualify 100 persons within the next calendar year, as well as providing opportunities to those who are already working in the field through evening and weekend classes. “The facilities must be maximized to certify persons, utilizing the resources of NGC CNG to bring the skills and talent of our people up to speed with international acceptance,” Minister Karim stated, “the diversification of our economy is not necessarily into the service industry, or moving away from oil and gas, it also hinges and is predicated on our human resource.”

Marking the signing of the MOU as an important undertaking, Minister Karim declared that the partnership between NESC and NGC would fit into the greater plans by Government to fulfil its manifesto. “What we do here today gives a statement to the national community that we are not simply talking CNG, we are building the capacity to deliver on that promise.”
http://www.news.gov.tt/content/nesc-and ... g-training

UML

Postby UML » October 28th, 2014, 8:49 am

DOOM AND GLOOM UNDER THE PPG!!!! :roll:

Life insurance giant PALIG calls decision to invest in Trinidad and Tobago "a fantastic opportunity"

Posted 01/14/2013 by InvesTT

Pan-American Life Insurance Group (PALIG) is a financial services firm that has dominated the life and health insurance sectors in the southern hemisphere for over 100 years. With a steady track record for strong leadership and growth-oriented management, PALIG has earned a reputation for trustworthy insurance services delivery worldwide.

On December 14, 2012, PALIG announced its plans to open a corporate hub in the growing knowledge markets of Trinidad and Tobago. PALIG’s multi-million dollar investment is the second of its kind in just four short months: in August 2012, global retail bank Scotiabank also announced its plans to expand into the rapidly growing region.

PALIG’s entrance into the Trinidadian market was facilitated by the Trinidad and Tobago International Financial Centre (TTIFC), a government agency that serves global corporations and investors looking for assistance with relocation and entry into the Trinidadian market. While invesTT works with economic development partners from a diverse group of industries, TTIFC focuses exclusively on the financial services sector.

TTIFC is also facilitating the Financial Institution Support Services (FINeSS ) program, a government-led team of economic development experts tasked with diversifying the economy through the financial services sector. FINeSS was designed to develop an industry in Trinidad and Tobago that supports the outsourcing and consolidation of middle and back-office processing for financial institutions with both regional and international locations.

TTIFC chairman Franco Siu Chong referenced Trinidad’s growing pool of professional service workers in his welcome message to PALIG. “Pan-American Life’s entrance validates the TTIFC’s continued thrust to generate sustainable employment for our knowledge workers,” he said. “The success of financial institutions like Pan-American Life is also Trinidad and Tobago’s success.”

Miguel Sierra, PALIG’s CEO for Caribbean Operations, echoed Chong’s statement. “The establishment of the hub in Trinidad and Tobago is a fantastic opportunity to support the delivery of high-value insurance products to our customers in the Trinidad and Tobago regions.

PHOTO CAPTION: The PALIG executive is pictured here with a smiling Minister of Trade, Industry and Investment Vasant Bharath (standing 2nd from left) and Larry Howai, Minister of Finance (standing far right). Pan-American Life Insurance Group's president and CEO Jose Suquet (not in photo) praised Trinidad and Tobago's "serious and sophisticated business community" which, he said, "is very important for a company that wants to invest capital in a country."
http://www.investt.co.tt/blog/investt-b ... pportunity

Agreement signed for... US$2.1bn dry dock

Rapheal John-Lall

Published:
Saturday, October 11, 2014

InvesTT is embarking on its largest project to date, the multi-billion dollar Sullivan Island Dry Dock, president Raquel Moses announced yesterday. “This project is one of our targeted sectors which is the maritime and is a huge opportunity for growth. Once we sign this agreement it will be the biggest opportunity in InvestTT ‘s portfolio with a potential capital expenditure of US$2.1 billion upon completion.

“The signing will get us up to the stage of facilitating environmental assessment which will take place over the next year,” she said at the signing of a memorandum of agreement with the T&T Dry Dock Company (TDDCL).
The agreement, signed at InvesTT’s El Socorro office, is for construction of a dry dock island off Trinidad. The Port-of-Spain Dry Dock and Sullivan Island will be a 140-acre facility located in the Gulf of Paria.

Etienne Mendez, chairman and CEO of TDDCL, described it a “world themed” project. “We envisaged 11 years ago that we could build a dry dock that could accommodate the largest ships in the global fleet. Our research told us that the Western Hemisphere was home to a mere 15 per cent of the global dry docking capacity which meant that the ships operating on this side of the globe needed to go to the Far East and Europe to access their required dry docking,” he said.

“We project 3,500 construction stage jobs and close to 10,000 operational jobs in the primary sector in dry docking and additional 5,000 jobs in the services sector. The project will have residential facilities and recreation facilities. With eight ships in dock and a crew of 30 persons we can entertain these people, so we are creating facilities for the people on the island,” he said.

The facility, which will take five years to construct, will include a residential commercial sector and an industrial sector for the ancillary industries that support dry docking activities. InvesTT will provide services throughout the life of the project which will guide, expedite and obtain regulatory, legal, and concessionary permits and licenses for TDDCL and any of its contractors engaged to develop the facility.

“The one year environmental impact assessment has been determined by the Environmental Management Authority (EMA). We spent close to nine months for the term of reference for this. We got their blessings and final document at the beginning of this year,” Mandez said. We know how the project will affect the environment. Once our preliminary assessment says there is no major adverse impact that will be caused, we will go ahead and start construction.”

To fund the project, TDDCL plans to raise 25 per cent equity from private sector investors and to borrow 75 per cent. “We had interest from Brazil, Korea, Singapore, China and the United States. They have all expressed interest in this project,” he said.
http://www.guardian.co.tt/business/2014 ... n-dry-dock

Investment agencies from Rwanda, South Africa, Trinidad and Tobago and the United Kingdom receive awards for attracting green foreign direct investment

13 October 2014

Four awards for outstanding performance in attracting foreign direct investment projects that support sustainable development, given during the grand opening of the UNCTAD World Investment Forum on 13 October 2014 at the Palais des Nations in Geneva, recognized the work of investment promotion agencies from around the world.

The four winning agencies were Investt from Trinidad and Tobago, the Rwanda Development Board, Trade and Investment South Africa and United Kingdom Trade and Investment.

Presenting the awards were Mehdi Jomaa, interim Prime Minister of Tunisia, Michael Møller, United Nations Office in Geneva Acting Director-General, Abdelwahad Radi, Inter-Parliamentary Union President, and Didier Drogba, United Nations Development Programme Goodwill Ambassador.

Thirty-one projects from 29 agencies had qualified for the awards. The agencies showed achievements in the areas of renewable energy, green manufacturing, waste treatment, electrical vehicles and green housing construction.

The investment promotion agencies received the awards for their role in attracting and facilitating the projects and efforts in magnifying their economic, social and environmental impact, James Zhan, Director, UNCTAD Division on Investment and Enterprise, said.

Among those attending were Didier Burkhalter, President of Switzerland, Mukhisa Kituyi, Secretary-General of UNCTAD, and François Longchamp, President of the Council of State of the Canton of Geneva.

This year's Investment Promotion Awards for excellence in promoting foreign direct investment for sustainable development come at a critical juncture, as United Nations Member States prepare to adopt a set of sustainable development goals for the period up to 2030. The goals will encompass a wide range of economic, social and environmental objectives as well as measures aimed at climate change mitigation and adaption.

Investment promotion agency executives, senior policymakers and business leaders from over 130 countries will carry forward the momentum created by the awards ceremony, by discussing best practices and exploring means of attracting foreign direct investment for infrastructure projects, green growth, more and better jobs and social development.
http://unctad.org/en/pages/newsdetails. ... nterprise;

Foreign Direct Investment up 5%
July 10, 2012

Kelvin Mahabir, President of invesTT, makes a point during a panel discussion which followed the launch of the World Investment Report 2012 on July 5 at the Arthur Lok Jack Graduate School of Business in Mt. Hope. Trinidad and Tobago recorded a 5% increase in FDI flows to the country in 2011.

Foreign direct investment (FDI) to Trinidad and Tobago totalled $574 million in 2011, a 5% increase over 2010 figures of $549 million.

The figures are contained in the latest World Investment Report (WIR) by the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) which was launched on July 5 at a press conference and panel discussion hosted by newly-formed investment promotion agency invesTT, at the Arthur Lok Jack Graduate School of Business in Mt. Hope.

The uptick here at home contrasts with overall FDI flows to small island developing states (SIDS) which sank to a record low in six years of $4.1 billion.

According to UNCTAD's report FDI flows to SIDS "remained highly skewed towards tax friendly jurisdictions, with three economies (the Bahamas, Trinidad and Tobago, and Barbados) receiving the bulk." Trinidad and Tobago and the Bahamas, the only country in the group to record FDI inflows in excess of $1 billion, together accounted for 51% of total inflows last year.

The report further attributed the decline in investments in SIDS to "the absence of megadeals in mining, quarrying and petroleum" which led to a significant drop in cross-border mergers and acquisitions in 2011.

President of invesTT, Kelvin Mahabir, praised UNCTAD's decision to select this country to launch this year's WIR subtitled "Towards a New Generation of Investment Policies," saying it coincided with government's push to reset investment policy.

"The focus created by this report could not have come at a better time as it reinforces our own thrust in using investment in a structured policy framework to sustainably grow and diversify the economy," Mahabir said.

Mahabir called the report "timely" and said the Ministry of Trade and Industry was currently exploring new initiatives to drive FDI. He said invesTT would take an active role in servicing both foreign investors and local business operators who were looking to expand.

While acknowledging the impact of the world's major economies on global FDI flows, Mahabir said he was encouraged by the 16% increase within Latin America and the Caribbean in 2011 and the favourable outlook for 2012. This group realised $217 billion in FDI with the highest flows going to South America.

Overall, global FDI totalled $1.5 trillion, with developing and transition economies accounting for more than half of all investments, according to Jason Lindsay, invesTT's Vice President of Development Planning and Management, who gave an overview of UNCTAD's report.

The panel discussion which followed was chaired by invesTT Chairman Brian Frontin and included Mahabir as well as Chairman of the Economic Development Board, Dr. Thackwray Driver, Trade Development Specialist at the Trinidad and Tobago Manufacturers' Association, Ramesh Ramdeen, and Arthur Lok Jack faculty member Howard Dottin.
http://www.investt.co.tt/media-room/new ... fdi-unctad

Singapore company awarded phase two project in Trinidad's eGovernment investment

November 22, 2012

Singapore-headquartered eGovernment solutions provider CrimsonLogic has been working with the Government of Trinidad and Tobago to improve the country’s international competitiveness, reports Logistics Week. A key project has been to develop and implement a customised Single Electronic Window (SEW) known as TTBizLink for the Ministry of Trade and Industry.

The system went live in Q1 2012. This online tool aims to streamline the process of acquiring various government requirements and licences in a single location, including business registrations, import and export licences, import duty concessions and application for fiscal incentives.

“Since implementing TTBizLink, we have seen an immediate impact and improved the service levels and efficiencies across agencies, with over 75% reduction in application processing time,” said Vasant Bharath, Minister of Trade, Industry and Investment. "These improvements are in line with our eGovernment strategy to utilise ICT to transform key trade and business related services to transform Trinidad and Tobago into a world class business hub with an efficient, transparent and attractive business climate.”

CrimsonLogic has recently been awarded a second project to introduce more automated processes and paperless systems in the government’s trade and business supply chain. Phase two will include an eMaritime service to speed up the arrival and departure of vessels and more robust risk management for the import and export of goods. The project is scheduled to complete in 12 months time.
http://www.investt.co.tt/media-room/new ... investment

Trinidad praised for long-term ICT vision

November 14, 2012

computer ict trinidadTrinidad and Tobago’s use of information and communication technologies (ICT) in education to equip children with the IT skills to take into work has received praise in a new report that assesses educational ICT standards in Latin America. Trinidad makes it a priority to build computer infrastructure in secondary schools, for example. The number of children per computer in the country is just four compared to, say, nine children per terminal in Argentina. Only six countries out of 38, including Trinidad and Tobago, reported that radio-assisted instruction is offered in all primary and secondary schools.

The UIS report, entitled ICT in Education in Latin America and the Caribbean: A regional analysis of ICT integration and e-readiness, is further evidence of Trinidad’s commitment to build strong social and economic foundations for ICT growth and is part of a strategy to create the right conditions to attract foreign investment in ICT activities. The report states that Caribbean countries have much higher levels of ICT-assisted instruction using computers and the Internet than in South and Central America, where a lack of infrastructure is an obstacle to e-readiness.
http://www.investt.co.tt/media-room/new ... ict-vision

Just go check http://www.investt.co.tt/media-room/news-releases/all :mrgreen:

UML

Postby UML » October 29th, 2014, 1:09 pm

National Cricket Centre gets floodlights

Wednesday, October 29 2014

THE TRINIDAD and Tobago Cricket Board (TTCB) on Monday completed another phase of their developmental plans with the commissioning of state of the — art floodlights at the National Cricket Centre Ground at Balmain in Couva.

The project, which took four months to complete despite being hindered by rain, was undertaken by the Trinidad and Tobago Electricity Commission’s Public Lighting Programme.

On Monday, president of the TTCB Azim Bassarath paid tribute to the officials who had played a great part in making the project a reality and which now will allow night cricket and other public activities to take place.

He said the lights of the National Cricket Centre signals that a new government-funded, quality sporting venue with floodlights, has been made available to the people of Trinidad and Tobago, in this case, to be managed by the TTCB on behalf of the cricketers of the nation.

Bassarath offered appreciation to a number of persons, including Minister of Public Utilities Nizam Baksh, Minister in the Ministry of Finance Rudranath Indarsingh, chairman and the Board of Directors of TTEC, implementation staff at TTEC including the engineers and technicians, the supervisors and all involved personnel of the TTEC family, as well as the staff at the TTCB, who worked with the TTEC facilitation team, including the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and Cricket Operations Manager.

“This evening, please accept on behalf of the Trinidad and Tobago Cricket Board and the entire cricketing fraternity, kudos for a job well done. Kudos for making this a quality lighted cricketing facility which will now make a game-changing difference in the development of our domestic cricket,” said Bassarath.

He said the lights will now facilitate practice for longer hours; greater use of the National Cricket Centre facility; staging of the TTCB’s domestic tournaments at their headquarters; creation of new commercial opportunities with the new and major addition to the national organisation’s physical infrastructure.

Bassarath said that the floodlights will put pressure on the present inadequate infrastructure, as it relates to spectator accommodation and comfort. But this is a good problem to have he said.

“Your lights, Honourable Minister, will now precipitate forward movement towards the procurement of spectator accommodation, an improved scoreboard, internal and external advertising and signage, to name a few,” he said.

“Our board must now find ways to capitalise on this improvement to our facility and you will be happy to know that we have already started moving in that direction. Though it is not at all related to the light installation, which I should state-is not up to international standards, the WICB has rated this venue as being of sufficient quality to host regional daylight matches, and as president of the TTCB I am proud to announce that regional four- day cricket will return to Balmain in 2015,” Bassarath said.

He said the TTCB is also looking at staging more even more cricket that may include the regional Nagico Super50, inter-island matches as well as the interclub T20 tournament.

“It is our expectation, my friends, that this renewed focus on the National Cricket Centre, will create even more quality cricketers who will wear the badge of Trinidad and Tobago and West Indies cricket with pride and distinction,” said Bassarath.

He also listed the main aspects of the current facility — a top quality playing field with four turf strips, 10 pylons with 16 lights each to provide with training and playing facilities, over extended hours, a recently refurbished Sir Frank Worrell Development Centre with two new indoor nets, accommodation for 20 persons, a gymnasium and an IT room for analytical work, three outdoor nets which will be covered soon with internal lighting to complement the outdoor facility, and lots of secured parking.

Soon to be added, the local cricket chief said, were a concrete pitch, and a matting pitch on the outside; a digital scoreboard; and spectator accommodation for approximately 1,000 persons. But he said the plans are firmly based on the expectation that the TTCB will finally access funding from the Ministry of Sport and the Sport Company, which he said has been unreasonably withheld for the past four years.

“During that time, we did manage through some wonderful partnerships with Corporate TT inclusive of the National Gas Company of TT Ltd, BGTT, Courts, First Citizens, National Energy Corporation, Shanghai Construction and Petrotrin, to name a few, to carry out the affairs of TT’s cricket in a satisfactory manner.

However, we were unable to grow and develop the sport in the way we would have liked, “ he said.
http://www.newsday.co.tt/sport/0,202208.html

and all the other recreational grounds throughout T&T!

UML

Postby UML » November 2nd, 2014, 10:50 am

U tink this price reduction wuda happen under the pnm?!!!

I hope the Skybox companies do the same.

TriniAutoMart
Riding on 16's

Postby TriniAutoMart » November 2nd, 2014, 11:42 am

UML, sea freight prices have gone up and skybox companies raise their shipping cost for air freight.

That (price dropping) and yellow hippopotamus you will never.

hustla_ambition101
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hustla_ambition101 » November 2nd, 2014, 12:02 pm

UML wrote:Image

U tink this price reduction wuda happen under the pnm?!!!

I hope the Skybox companies do the same.

How many other airlines and shipping companies being funded by govt

UML

Postby UML » November 2nd, 2014, 12:18 pm

K Mr Neutral/Undecided

#noshame

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » November 2nd, 2014, 6:12 pm

is it not a legitimate question UML?

pioneer
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby pioneer » November 2nd, 2014, 6:38 pm

Time to pack ah grip

UML

Postby UML » November 2nd, 2014, 8:07 pm

UML

Postby UML » November 3rd, 2014, 11:55 am

Keshorn gets $2.67m home in Valsayn
By Joel Julien joel.julien@trinidadexpress.com

Story Created: Oct 30, 2014 at 9:34 PM ECT

Story Updated: Oct 30, 2014 at 9:34 PM ECT

KESHORN Walcott was yesterday given a five-bedroom house “fit for a champion” along with 20,000 square feet of “picturesque” land in Cumana, Toco by the State for his gold medal-winning performance at the 2012 Olympic Games in London, England.

Walcott intends to move into his home sometime before Christmas, once he gets furniture, and has decided to give the land to his parents.

On August 11, 2012 Walcott won the Olympic javelin gold medal with a throw of 84.58 metres.

On August 13, he returned to this country and was feted for his feat.

Among the goodies presented to Walcott by Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar upon his return was a house in the upscale community of Federation Park valued at $2.5 million as well as the promise of land in Toco.

The home in Federation Park, however, proved to be ill-suited for Walcott.

He was yesterday instead given a $2.67 million home from the Housing Development Corporation (HDC) located at 46-47 Astoria Avenue, East Grove, Valsayn.

Walcott’s home is two standard HDC single family unit homes which have been converted into one.

Walcott’s two-storey home consists of 3,250 square feet on the ground floor and 1,500 square feet on the first floor.

It has five bedrooms, four bathrooms and a yard.

There is no fence.

The yard is one of the key elements that prompted Walcott to choose this property over the one at Federation Park.

“I think it (choosing East Grove, Valsayn) was the best agreement I made, it is more fitting for me knowing that the space into the back, knowing I can do exercises, I can train if I choose not to go to the stadium on a lazy day so I am thankful for this,” Walcott said.

It is also somewhat reminiscent of Toco, he said.

“I am not really the type to live in enclosed areas, when this (the option of the East Valsayn house) came up I kind of ran with this one. As you can see it was a better idea for me, I don’t know, most people might think different, but I think it was a great decision,” he said.

Walcott said he would move into his East Valsayn home as “soon as I get furniture”.

One change Walcott said he intends make to the landscape of his new home is the planting of trees, including a “mango tree to keep practicing”.

In a simple ceremony held at the site, Walcott signed the deeds for his new East Valsayn home as well as his land in Toco.

Persad-Bissessar who delivered the feature address said she was gratified that the government could honour Walcott for his accomplishments.

She described Walcott’s new home as one “fit for a champion”.

Housing Minister Dr Roodal Moonilal labeled it the “most beautiful HDC house” and joked whether the corporation could also build one for him.

Walcott said he will be giving the land in Toco to his parents Beverly Walcott and Endy King.

“Toco will always be my home knowing that my parents are up there still, knowing that my parents can occupy the land, I think....it is theirs. I think that is my gift to them. It is theirs so they can do whatever they want with it and I am just happy that they have something up there (in Toco) to call their own,” Walcott said.
http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/Kes ... 18292.html

UML

Postby UML » November 5th, 2014, 12:12 pm

T&T returning to 100,000 barrels of oil a day

Aleem Khan
Published:
Tuesday, November 4, 2014

After licensing approximately 12.5 per cent or one-eighth of T&T’s total land mass for oil and gas exploration Friday, Energy and Energy Affairs Minister Kevin Ramnarine forecast that when they come into production, the country’s crude oil output will return to over 100,000 barrels of oil per day (bopd)—where it was in 2009. “We believe that once we have production coming from these three blocks, we will see oil production in T&T go back to over 100,000 bopd, which is where we would all like to see oil production, heading back to six figures, which is where we were some five years ago,” Ramnarine said.

The blocks are prospective for 822 million barrels of oil. T&T’s oil production as at October 26, averaged 85,277 bopd, which Ramnarine said was the highest oil production recorded in more than two years. For the last 21 months, he said, production had been averaging about 81,000 bopd. He said new condensate crude production by BP, the quick bringing of Repsol’s July-announced find into production, and new high quality crude finds and production by Leni Gas and Oil drove the increase.

He said next year he expects an increase in production from Trinmar from the Southwest Soldado field, new oil fields, new discoveries, and the application of enhanced oil recovery techniques. He said for 2015, the Energy Ministry is considering another onshore bid round, and another offshore bid round but for shallow to average-depth acreage. “We are currently looking at what land is available in south Trinidad,” for another onshore bid round, he said.

Ramnarine said he will sign two more deepwater licences in “a couple weeks” and this will bring the number of PSCs managed by the Energy Ministry to nine. On acreage already licensed to it, BHP Billiton is conducting one of the largest seismic surveys in the world, the minister said. Over the last four years, the Energy Ministry has entered into 12 production sharing contracts (PSCs) and granted six licenses for oil and gas exploration and production, totalling an unprecedented number of 18 potential drivers of increased oil production. Ramnarine said in the last four years the ministry has “signed over more acreage” and added that he believes he has “put more acreage up for exploration and development than at any time in history of T&T.”

Three six-year licences were signed Friday allowing three companies to explore and produce oil from St Mary’s (Moruga), Ortoire, and Rio Claro over the next six years. The St Mary’s block was licensed to Australia’s Range Resources Ltd. The Ortoire block was licensed to Canada’s Touchstone. The Rio Claro block was licensed to T&T’s Lease Operators Ltd. Under the licence, each company must conduct five geological studies and drill four wells. Ramnarine said “a significant part” of the acreage has not been covered by 3D seismic surveys but the companies have committed to complete them. The minimum investment expected is US$55 million, and the maximum investment expected—in the event of commercial discovery—is US$945 million.

The onshore blocks are “on trend with existing and producing oilfields” said Ramnarine. Daniel Brash, Lease Operators Ltd director and grandson of Well Services Petroleum founder Charles Brash, had said the same, but added he is hoping to get 5,000 bopd out of Rio Claro. Ramnarine described the companies as “three of the most aggressive” companies in oil and gas exploration and production, and said the signing of the licences “can only result in increase in exploration and a commensurate increase in oil production.”
http://www.guardian.co.tt/business/2014 ... ls-oil-day

UML

Postby UML » November 5th, 2014, 1:00 pm

so post 2009...we was producing less oil and STILL getting ALL these government projects and services?

..what was the PNM really doing with our resources?!!!!!

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » November 5th, 2014, 2:36 pm

Its called deficit budgeting UML, look it up.

UML

Postby UML » November 5th, 2014, 3:20 pm

so in the PNM oil boomS the pnm was deficit budgeting as well? :shock:

if not, what were they doing with the resources of our nation? :S

what do they have to show for it? :?

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » November 5th, 2014, 3:24 pm

UML wrote:so in the PNM oil boomS the pnm was deficit budgeting as well? :shock:

Two summits

UML

Postby UML » November 5th, 2014, 3:26 pm

rightttttttt 8-)

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » November 5th, 2014, 4:08 pm

UML wrote:so in the PNM oil boomS the pnm was deficit budgeting as well? :shock:

The PNM produced 7 balanced or surplus budgets in their 9 years. Something that eludes this PP govt.

They had billions of foreign reserves and the HSF to show for it.

The funny thing is that the UNC campaign was that PNM wasted 300 billion in 9 years...the PP ended spending more than that in 5 years...by deficit budgeting.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » November 5th, 2014, 6:40 pm

Habit7 wrote:

The PNM produced 7 balanced or surplus budgets in their 9 years. Something that eludes this PP govt.

They had billions of foreign reserves and the HSF to show for it.

The funny thing is that the UNC campaign was that PNM wasted 300 billion in 9 years...the PP ended spending more than that in 5 years...by deficit budgeting.

What pray tell did they spend the money on, cause they left south underdeveloped and neglect of indo based communities.
South ask for development and all they could push was smelters .

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » November 5th, 2014, 7:43 pm

In south they built thousands of HDC houses, built a new power plant in La Brea, expand LABIDCO port, Chancery Lane Bldg gave Caroni the largest VSEP package ever in this country and facilitated energy jobs with high paying salaries to unskilled workers in many of those "indo based communities" you speak of.

PP is spending 25% more than PNM. PP is just doing it by borrowing, not collecting taxes and not adding any new revenue sources than what they met.

We will be broke by 2020.

brams112
punchin NOS

Postby brams112 » November 5th, 2014, 8:31 pm

Habit7 wrote:In south they built thousands of HDC houses, built a new power plant in La Brea, expand LABIDCO port, Chancery Lane Bldg gave Caroni the largest VSEP package ever in this country and facilitated energy jobs with high paying salaries to unskilled workers in many of those "indo based communities" you speak of.

PP is spending 25% more than PNM. PP is just doing it by borrowing, not collecting taxes and not adding any new revenue sources than what they met.

Like your head still filled with pnm sh1t boi,those houses you speak about is was and will always be to voter pad,the power plant was for gimmick,the chancery lane building was for what again?.Caroni don't even go there,sugar was destroyed to steal land,as for jobs in the energy sector,you are a Cnut,only pnm jobs there fella.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » November 6th, 2014, 9:38 am

Habit7 wrote:In south they built thousands of HDC houses, built a new power plant in La Brea, expand LABIDCO port, Chancery Lane Bldg gave Caroni the largest VSEP package ever in this country and facilitated energy jobs with high paying salaries to unskilled workers in many of those "indo based communities" you speak of.

What a load of bullchit you wrote once again
1.HDC houses built under PNM was of poor standard and had to be rebuilt by PP. The few that was ok was given to PNM Ppl to help voter pad of which PNM ppl was charged and convicted.
2. Caroni VSEP is not development.
3. Unskilled indo workers? You know very little about the work force in former caroni. You must think caroni was full of cane cutters and indo only workers.
4. We are already an overtaxed Nation with personal, health surcharge, and Vat taxes. Every citizen need to benefit from our wealth in oil and gas. I welcome no housing tax every citizen need to benefit from our oil and gas.
5. This power plant was to help kill us with the 3 smelters that PNM wanted to stuff us with. The Power plant is a white elephant running at half capacity. Don't forget the other white elephant that cricket stadium in Toruba.

Is that all PNM did for south, doing jack chit and want to burden us with more PNM taxes and kill us with smelters .

Jah bless PP for development, it is a joy to take a country side drive down in south in places like Barackpore, Debe ect and see the first hand developments taking place. Old wooden bridges are a thing of the past. Dirt drains are a thing of the past that causes flooding.

Keep your PNM garbage to yourself and the few ppl that actually believe your tripe

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » November 6th, 2014, 11:55 am

1. Out of the thousands that were built some had to be repaired, not rebuilt. But for those that received, I am sure they are all grateful because they can give it back and there will be many waiting to take it. Plus, unlike you I cannot look at a name or a face and tell what they are going to do every 5 years in the privacy of an EBC voting booth, but Minister of Housing Dr Moonilal is on record as chastising Jack Warner for recommending HDC houses to non-Indo-Trinidadians. http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/Att ... 82371.html
2. You might not see VSEP as development but when a private agricultural business was going to lay off thousands of workers and the then PNM gov't choose to buy the losses, set up Caroni 1975 Ltd. and for 25 years they continue to make a loss, rather than continue to waste taxpayers money to support a losing venture, VSEP was able to provide seed capital to many small and micro enterprises in the area and bring business development. But you wont understand that.
3. Prior to the development of Point Lisas and Point Fortin industrial estates, local residents possessed the skills to run processing plants or did companies hire them as unskilled and invested in training of them?
4.Overtaxed you say? http://www.caribjournal.com/2014/01/15/ ... caribbean/
You always reminding us of how great UK is, where you are even taxed for watching local TV, but you can't support us paying taxes on our most expensive asset? That is why property prices in T&T are overinflated and young professionals cant afford homes because a minority are hoarding property and thanks to PP they dont even pay the couple dollars from the old Land and Building Tax.
5. The power plant is not reaching its potential because the PP lacks a plan to develop the LABIDCO industrial area. Political spite causing them to not even allow for the car park at Toruba to be used far less finish the complex. Likewise finish the gov't campus, min of ed bldg, St James Youth Facility, etc why? because PNM build it.

Last local govt election Siparia Regional Corp almost went to the PNM, even south residents ppl know we need more than a box drain govt that borrowing and not earning.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”