Divorce Proceedings

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Janiahray
Riding on 13's

Divorce Proceedings

Postby Janiahray » February 10th, 2021, 5:33 pm

Good day,
I have been married for 4years to a serial cheater, pathological liar, and deadbeat of a dad to our baby. I I’m filing for a divorce. There is also property settlement with this case. Can someone recommend me a really good lawyer and share your experiences if any??

Thanks

zoom rader
TunerGod

Re: Divorce Proceedings

Postby zoom rader » February 10th, 2021, 5:38 pm

Family court it's free

Lawyers will milk you and prolong your case.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » February 10th, 2021, 5:41 pm

zoom rader wrote:Family court it's free

What Zoom said.

Janiahray
Riding on 13's

Postby Janiahray » February 10th, 2021, 5:42 pm

Would I be assigned an Atterney or would I have to represent myself?

There is a baby involved and assets, I was strongly advised to get a lawyer!

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » February 10th, 2021, 5:49 pm

Janiahray wrote:

Would I be assigned an Attorney or would I have to represent myself?

Talk to Family Court first and get advice.

Good divorce lawyers are not cheap.

Janiahray
Riding on 13's

Postby Janiahray » February 10th, 2021, 5:50 pm

bluefete wrote:
Janiahray wrote:

Would I be assigned an Attorney or would I have to represent myself?

Talk to Family Court first and get advice.

Good divorce lawyers are not cheap.

Ok I will tomorrow.

Numb3r4
Shifting into 6th

Postby Numb3r4 » February 10th, 2021, 6:12 pm

At the very least go to the court first and hear what advice they give you.

widdyphuck
18 pounds of Boost

Postby widdyphuck » May 17th, 2021, 8:24 pm

What did the family court say?

MikeyRTT
Ricer

Postby MikeyRTT » May 29th, 2021, 1:16 pm

Janiahray wrote:Good day,
I have been married for 4years to a serial cheater, pathological liar, and deadbeat of a dad to our baby. I I’m filing for a divorce. There is also property settlement with this case. Can someone recommend me a really good lawyer and share your experiences if any??

Thanks

In the meantime, don't worry about the process (Family Court will guide you in this respect), but spend the time gathering solid evidence, like videos, pictures, audio recordings, written or audio testimonies of your husband cheating, lying and being a bad father. Once you have at least one convincing solid/undeniable piece of evidence for each of your claim, it will be easier and faster for Lawyers to process your case and you can move on with your life sooner - evidence is king!

These things can take several months, even longer in COVID lockdown times and your husband can become a physical threat to you and your baby, so speak to family or friend to locate a place to retreat to in case he becomes abusive or decide to sabotage you - note, DO NOT WALK OUT OF THE HOME, BUT ENSURE YOU HAVE LOCATED AN ALTERNATIVE PLACE TO STAY AS A BACKUP PLAN. If you walk out of the home, there's a chance you can lose the home!

Also, make sure you have a circle of friends you can trust, who can lookout for you, because one of your husband's outside women can sabotage you, so you have to be extra careful with the security of yourself and your child, i.e. never be alone in a carpark, supermarket etc. Always have several friends with you from this point onwards - support from family and friends is important now more than ever.

Pay attention to everything your Lawyer says, and ask many many questions so you are clear on what is required of you and don't compromise yourself and your child.

Last tip, consolidate your relationship with God, as God will guide you through all this heart ache.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » May 29th, 2021, 1:40 pm

Take care yuh husband was dealing yuh friends too

kuchurV2
Street 2NR

Postby kuchurV2 » June 21st, 2021, 8:21 am

Just doh waste u money on Gynette. She just milking you and will play the songs you want to hear. She just want you money. She is the only winner. She doh even appear to court. Saw a few women used her. They get lix in court.
Last edited by kuchurV2 on February 15th, 2024, 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » March 24th, 2022, 2:37 am

Quick question with respect to divorce and life insurance.

I learnt some time ago that once you put your spouse on an insurance policy, you need permission of said spouse for their name to be removed, even if you and your spouse is estranged or divorced, correct?

If so, how can someone deal with that? Have a padna planning to get a divorce after 9 years because wifey bad like a gas pain. Insurance is over a decade old and the man put his wife as the beneficiary year 1 into a marriage.

j.o.e
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby j.o.e » March 24th, 2022, 6:00 am

The_Honourable wrote:Quick question with respect to divorce and life insurance.

I learnt some time ago that once you put your spouse on an insurance policy, you need permission of said spouse for their name to be removed, even if you and your spouse is estranged or divorced, correct?

If so, how can someone deal with that? Have a padna planning to get a divorce after 9 years because wifey bad like a gas pain. Insurance is over a decade old and the man put his wife as the beneficiary year 1 into a marriage.

If the spouse is added from inception it can’t be changed without their permission. If she was added after it can be changed. From what you said sounds like she was added after.

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » March 24th, 2022, 6:36 am

Well after the divorce finalized if she doesn’t sign then get a new policy . Hope he knows them birds out here not any easier

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » March 24th, 2022, 8:41 am

j.o.e wrote:

If the spouse is added from inception it can’t be changed without their permission. If she was added after it can be changed. From what you said sounds like she was added after.
This true

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » March 24th, 2022, 9:04 am

Prominent family in Trinidad, one of their sons was cheating pon he wife, he was basically living off his wifes business and kept all his inherited wealth to himself, they separated and would you believe in addition to having millions in the bank he wants HALF of all her earnings for the past 4 years they separated, mind you he jobless living in the big house they built together cause his family owns the land its on, he has no intentions of working but wants to demand half of everything she spent her life building.. Karma hopefully comes around and kicks him in the teeth!

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » March 24th, 2022, 9:50 am

Ben_spanna wrote:Prominent family in Trinidad, one of their sons was cheating pon he wife, he was basically living off his wifes business and kept all his inherited wealth to himself, they separated and would you believe in addition to having millions in the bank he wants HALF of all her earnings for the past 4 years they separated, mind you he jobless living in the big house they built together cause his family owns the land its on, he has no intentions of working but wants to demand half of everything she spent her life building.. Karma hopefully comes around and kicks him in the teeth!
It's about time that men get something out of marriage.

Marriage is outdated and only women benefit from it.

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » March 24th, 2022, 10:05 am

Ben_spanna wrote:Prominent family in Trinidad, one of their sons was cheating pon he wife, he was basically living off his wifes business and kept all his inherited wealth to himself, they separated and would you believe in addition to having millions in the bank he wants HALF of all her earnings for the past 4 years they separated, mind you he jobless living in the big house they built together cause his family owns the land its on, he has no intentions of working but wants to demand half of everything she spent her life building.. Karma hopefully comes around and kicks him in the teeth!

Seems like he outsmart the woman.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » March 24th, 2022, 11:10 pm

j.o.e wrote:

Ahh... thanks for the clarity j.o.e 8-)

Kenjo wrote:Well after the divorce finalized if she doesn’t sign then get a new policy . Hope he knows them birds out here not any easier

Quitting easy but penalties would apply and it would be more expensive to start a new policy the older you get.

Yeah he married a single mom and getting burn now... so yuh done know...

teems1
punchin NOS

Postby teems1 » March 25th, 2022, 7:59 am

Terminate the existing policy, get cash surrender value and start a new policy.

j.o.e
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Divorce Proceedings

Postby j.o.e » March 25th, 2022, 1:45 pm

teems1 wrote:

Terminate the existing policy, get cash surrender value and start a new policy.

Just make sure you outlive that broad that’s all ( feel free to read between the lines)

screwbash
Riding on 18's

Postby screwbash » June 14th, 2023, 4:05 am

but if the woman take the children and gone an no one know where she is wouldnt it be considered kidnapping as it was when the father took his child from the mother and went into the forest a couple weeks ago?

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » June 14th, 2023, 8:02 pm

some of these women so good they have the man mining the children and still collecting maintenance from him.

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » June 15th, 2023, 8:34 am

How common is divorce really in Trinidad?

I saw a stat in the guardian saying 1 in every 3 marriages end in divorce a couple years ago....surely it isn't that high. You guys think that accurate?

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » June 15th, 2023, 8:55 am

SuperiorMan wrote:How common is divorce really in Trinidad?

I saw a stat in the guardian saying 1 in every 3 marriages end in divorce a couple years ago....surely it isn't that high. You guys think that accurate?

many of the couples my age who married are divorced. Even some younger ones who got married 2-3 years ago.

Dunno how accurate the stat is, but I suppose as society evolves people are not willing to remain "unhappy" with their situation and just move along. I suppose this is compounded by career driven spouses who have a great deal of financial independence, so they don't "have to stick around"

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » June 15th, 2023, 9:34 am

SuperiorMan wrote:How common is divorce really in Trinidad?

Your welcome

Capture.JPG

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » June 15th, 2023, 9:35 am

Variability aside, seems like 30% has been the average for nearly 2 decades

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » June 15th, 2023, 9:44 am

VexXx Dogg wrote:Variability aside, seems like 30% has been the average for nearly 2 decades

Trying to do a rough count of social groups I am in which is by no means scientific -
My real bredrins from high school - 4 of us, 3 marriages, 1 divorce - 33%
My first cousins - 28, 26 marriages, 1 divorce (unfortunately it's my sister) - 3.8%
My workplace - Now that I thinking about it marriage is actually rare. 5 wedded ppl but no divorcees afaik.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » June 15th, 2023, 9:46 am

Most of these girls only wear a smile when they catch a gullible guy who parents have some dust and / or he got something passed down from the parents.

They stick around for awhile guilt tripping him into providing expensive trips to various resorts and fancy restaurants with them and their friends sometimes so Instagram pics can be posted.

Divorce usually comes soon after either because their legs couldn't remain closed or the guy start to wise up and outlive his usefulness. Then they claim their paycheck and roll.

May not end there as it have more men to prowl on and you not a true man if you can't accept a woman with a history.

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » June 15th, 2023, 11:59 am

Just imagine in India is less than 1%.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”