this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

kurpal_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: San Fernando to Point Fortin Highway

Postby kurpal_v2 » August 17th, 2013, 4:01 pm

wagonrunner wrote:
kurpal_v2 wrote:
wagonrunner wrote:Hope the backup for the turnoff at golconda doesn't exceed the length of the offramp.
Aslo hope it's done similar to couva where right turns across traffic are almost non existant

I'd think that's the president set across all new major intersections

http://www.nidco.co.tt/Comprehensive%20Land%20Transportation%20Programme-San%20Fernando%20to%20Point%20Fortin.pdf

from the picture there,
if coming from golconda and heading north, what do you do?
if coming from san fernandp and heading south, what do you do?

Stewps. From what it looks like we gonna have to drive past the loop and use that road there. Makes no sence seeing as that's both major movements on the interchange.

Anyone see the mess they made this afternoon with the southbound turn off? Can't imagine that was thought of with trucks in mind.

nemisis
punchin NOS

Postby nemisis » August 17th, 2013, 4:23 pm

^^ For real that sheit made no sense

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » August 18th, 2013, 1:05 am

kurpal_v2 wrote:Anyone see the mess they made this afternoon with the southbound turn off? Can't imagine that was thought of with trucks in mind.

ditto.
Who wants to guess what the monday morning backup of heavy T and extra heavy T vehicles will be like?

Team Loco
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby Team Loco » August 18th, 2013, 1:17 am

Steups. Allyuh give it a chance to work nah. Geeze

ingalook
Riding on 16's

Postby ingalook » August 18th, 2013, 4:38 am

demented wrote:Golconda to Debe segment being opened for public use on the 30th. Will the reroute movement group use this new higway?

Just so you know... they NEVER had a problem with this part of the highway, and said so repeatedly in the media... but like under your rock doh get Radio 610 oh wha?

kurpal_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby kurpal_v2 » August 18th, 2013, 6:49 am

Team Loco wrote:Steups. Allyuh give it a chance to work nah. Geeze

If you mean the hairpin turn they expect trucks to make in one movement then I'm sorry but that was a huge fail.

Solodex courses seem to have more thought put into them.

ru$$ell
30 pounds of Boost

Postby ru$$ell » August 18th, 2013, 6:56 am

wagonrunner wrote:
kurpal_v2 wrote:Anyone see the mess they made this afternoon with the southbound turn off? Can't imagine that was thought of with trucks in mind.

ditto.
Who wants to guess what the monday morning backup of heavy T and extra heavy T vehicles will be like?

they opened it yesterday,saw a tractor trucks with 40ft catch his ass to make that turn

DFC
2NRholic

Postby DFC » August 20th, 2013, 5:13 am

I spent more than an hour in that nasty traffic yesterday.

Today I'm leaving home 5:30am to teach point Lisas for 8.

I'm thinking it maybe easier to pass through Sanfernando to avoid that Golconda bottleneck .

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » August 20th, 2013, 12:03 pm

kurpal_v2 wrote:If you mean the hairpin turn they expect trucks to make in one movement then I'm sorry but that was a huge fail.

Solodex courses seem to have more thought put into them.
shh nah bhai. doh use your vision and common sense. try it, then realize yuh stuck somewhere in the middle.
Team Loco wrote:Steups. Allyuh give it a chance to work nah. Geeze
not everyone needs to be burned by hot coals to know you shouldn't pick it up. :|

dreadman
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby dreadman » August 20th, 2013, 10:53 pm

passed there yesterday mornin around 9.30am an it had alot of traffic.

HURRY
Ricer

Postby HURRY » September 29th, 2013, 2:40 pm

Banwarie man? Thats all the history you could find, you are grasping at straws my friend. In any case it will be easier to reach this site since there will be an interchange nearby to get on the San Francique Rd. Maybe you can get a job with the tourism ministry to promote him, who knows you may even be related from what i see.
The h'way will take up as much land as a string across a football field, 99.8% of the land will remain untouched to do as much agriculture as you want then you will use the h'way to QUICKLY transport it to market!
Slow moving and stand still vehicles create a greater carbon footprint than a vehicle cruising at highway speeds, you get more miles to the gallon!
Last edited by HURRY on September 29th, 2013, 4:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

HURRY
Ricer

Postby HURRY » September 29th, 2013, 2:48 pm

Where are the 200 farmers? i dont see them! 1 bodi and 2 bigan is not farming, it is famine. nobody wants their children to do farming, they want them to be university professor but not like Kublalsing. They must be sane!
Last edited by HURRY on September 29th, 2013, 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sliderz1
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby sliderz1 » September 29th, 2013, 2:49 pm

HURRY wrote:
HURRY wrote:
Highway Re-Route wrote:Most trini’s believe that creating an asphalt and concrete jungle is true development with little or no consideration to the environment. How an I change your mindset? A small minority including myself adore nature..the rest believe that the tall buildings in New York city is absolutely marvelous and what we should aim for here.
After reading all your posts, perhaps I should define what is sustainable development - it is a pattern of growth in which resource use aims to meet (Sociopolitical) human needs while preserving the environment so that these needs can be met not only in the present, but also for generations to come (Wikipedia)
THIS HIGHWAY DOES NOT PROMOTE SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT.

Environmental - Over 400 acres of prime agricultural lands will be destroyed. This affects 200 farmers who depend on their lands to support their families and provide much needed income in these hard times. Imagine destroying soil with a geo-fertilty of 15 feet deep which could support a fifteen hundred year food basket. Agriculture, Food Production and nutrition security is ranked 2nd in the government's five priority items in it's medium term policy framework...
There is very little noise and dust pollution in the areas carded for destruction plus the abundant vegetation works to counter balance any CO2 emissions.
These areas have a rich and diverse historical and cultural background. The site where Trinidad's oldest resident - The Banwari Man - is in close proximity to the proposed highway. Lastly this project will use up 7.6 BILLION Dollars - maybe more than that - financing which has not so far been forthcoming. The 1.5 Billion Dollars which they are using currently was taken from Central Bank's trasury deposits - tax payers income.

well a mod did say it's okay to quote yourself :|

HURRY
Ricer

Postby HURRY » September 29th, 2013, 3:07 pm

Mr. Kublalsingh and the rerouters are quite happy to use our present highways and other road systems. Just imagine if they were not built because of protest. People’s lands were acquired against their wishes but the greater good prevailed. Remember Hulsie Bhaggan sitting down on the road? I’m sure she’s happy to use the same highway she fought against! Twenty years down the road these same protesters and their children will be happy for this highway and they will be amazed that someone tried to stop it!

Rory Phoulorie
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Rory Phoulorie » September 29th, 2013, 3:08 pm

:| I am glad for the highway. I can't wait for it to reach Point Fortin so that I can carry out my job more efficiently and not waste time stuck in traffic.

In one day I could now visit Aunty Phulbassie in Debe, Uncle Sookdeo in Penal and my cousin Palackdharrysingh in Penal and not have to look for shocks and other suspension bits the next day.

Kublalsingh and his ignorant followers could haul their asses right back to where they came from.

Team Loco
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby Team Loco » September 29th, 2013, 3:17 pm

Well said rory. I have ah uncle sookdeo in penal too. Same uncle? Hmmmm

nemisis
punchin NOS

Postby nemisis » September 29th, 2013, 3:21 pm

Imagine reaching point from sando in half hour instead of 1.5 minimum if you unfortunate enough to get stuck behind a load carrying convoy during peak hours...

nemisis
punchin NOS

Postby nemisis » September 29th, 2013, 3:21 pm

Hadda say imagine because I still doubt you the highway will naked it there

HURRY
Ricer

Postby HURRY » September 29th, 2013, 4:36 pm

Just so you know... they NEVER had a problem with this part of the highway, and said so repeatedly in the media... but like under your rock doh get Radio 610 oh wha?[/quote]

How come they dont? Dont highways spoil the enviroment, take up agricultural lands,cause corruption, spoil the 'pristine beauty of the landscape with concrete and aphalt', increase the carbon foot print etc, etc, etc,etc, lie,lie.lie.?
Last edited by HURRY on October 11th, 2013, 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

acesinghit
punchin NOS

Postby acesinghit » September 29th, 2013, 7:23 pm

Rory Phoulorie wrote::| I am glad for the highway. I can't wait for it to reach Point Fortin so that I can carry out my job more efficiently and not waste time stuck in traffic.

In one day I could now visit Aunty Phulbassie in Debe, Uncle Sookdeo in Penal and my cousin Palackdharrysingh in Penal and not have to look for shocks and other suspension bits the next day.

Kublalsingh and his ignorant followers could haul their asses right back to where they came from.

we who are about to drive salute you.

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » October 10th, 2013, 10:34 pm

HRM in an attempt to deceive, cannot use an actually map drawn to scale to illustrate their point. They have to resort to caricatures which could only fool the unlearned or ppl from North who have no idea where these places are. Their original re-route was rubbished by the Armstrong report so they are now coming with this infeasible drivel.

equipped2ripp
punchin NOS

Postby equipped2ripp » October 10th, 2013, 10:57 pm

:roll: backward indian again.

kurpal_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby kurpal_v2 » October 10th, 2013, 11:17 pm

HURRY wrote:Just so you know... they NEVER had a problem with this part of the highway, and said so repeatedly in the media... but like under your rock doh get Radio 610 oh wha?

How come they dont? Dont highways spoil the enviroment, take up agricultural lands,cause corruption, spoil the 'pristine beauty of the landscape with concrete and aphalt', increase the carbon foot print etc, etc, etc,etc, lie,lie.lie.?[/quote]

Shut yuh ****

Why yuh ain't hunger strike in pt.lisas and cry fuh the environment?

turbo_monkey
Trinituner Peong

Postby turbo_monkey » October 11th, 2013, 12:11 am

i hope they finish that creek portion as quickly as possible..that evening traffic there getting even worse..btw idk who is the jackarse that patch over the bridge by paria suites side...its like a hump everybody have to come to almost a complete stop to go over. 1rant

HURRY
Ricer

Postby HURRY » October 11th, 2013, 7:01 am

kurpal_v2 wrote:
HURRY wrote:Just so you know... they NEVER had a problem with this part of the highway, and said so repeatedly in the media... but like under your rock doh get Radio 610 oh wha?

How come they dont? Dont highways spoil the enviroment, take up agricultural lands,cause corruption, spoil the 'pristine beauty of the landscape with concrete and aphalt', increase the carbon foot print etc, etc, etc,etc, lie,lie.lie.?

Shut yuh ****

Why yuh ain't hunger strike in pt.lisas and cry fuh the environment?[/quote]

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby wagonrunner » October 11th, 2013, 7:33 am

taken from the hunting ban thread.
Sabot wrote:Seeing a lot of these otters lately, one crossed the road in front of me in vega d oropuche recently. Know of some rivers that you can also go chill by and see them frolic; quite amusing little creatures.

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/Ott ... 22831.html
Otter loses his way
Proof of environmental impact of mega highway project...
By Stories by Kim Boodram
Story Created: Oct 10, 2013 at 10:19 PM ECT
Story Updated: Oct 10, 2013 at 10:20 PM ECT
THE protest against the Debe to Mon Desir Highway had a new, seemingly unwilling spectator yesterday—a protected river otter who appeared to have been trapped when his waterway was cut off by construction on the mega project.
Looking sad and weary, the otter was spotted by Express photographer, Trevor Watson, about 30 metres away from the highway segment being developed between South Oropouche Junction and the contentious Mon Desir overpass.
Trinidad is home to an ever-shrinking population of the indigenous Lontra longicaudis (Neotropical River Otter), which is now listed as endangered. The otters have lost numbers over the decades due to poaching and loss of habitat. It is therefore listed locally as a protected species, making it illegal to kill or cause to be killed a river otter.
The waterway in which the animal seems to be trapped appears to be the Tarouba River, which runs parallel to the highway construction and over which, according to the highway design plan, the Tarouba River bridge is due to be built, where the river intersects with the highway.
The river appeared to have been cut off just before its mouth.
The waterway, though large, seemed somewhat stagnant, with dark patches and old leaves. A healthy, happy river otter is normally playful and energetic but this fellow was listless and slow.
Not far away, the Highway Re-Route Movement (HRM), has set up camp, and stages daily protests against the Mon Desir segment of the highway, which it says will destroy the ecology of the area.
Head of the Movement, Dr Wayne Kublalsingh, who has been arrested several times for attempting to block construction equipment, said yesterday the otter’s apparent plight was a “sad” vindication of the Movement’s claims.
Kublalsingh said the blocking of the waterway was only one example of violations of the Certificate of Environmental Clearance (CEC) granted to the State for the project by the Environmental Management Authority (EMA).
“This would be the responsibility of the EMA, as there has been no EMA supervision of this project,” Kublalsingh said yesterday.
Chairman of the EMA, Dr Allan Bachan, said differently, stating that compliance officers from the authority visit the site according to the rules of the CEC.
“Once the requirements are being met, then it’s not our responsibility,” Bachan said.
Bachan has since informed the Wildlife Department of the Forestry Division of the otter’s predicament.
Speaking for the activist group, Papa Bois Conservation, director Marc de Verteuil said, “This is an example of how human development destroys the natural environment and form insurmountable barriers for animal and plant species.
“It’s not just that concrete and asphalt destroy wildlife habitat. What we are doing is creating genetic islands. “For instance, the East-West Corridor has caused wildlife to the north to be separated from wildlife to the south. “No longer will there be an exchange of genetic material between separated populations, leading to genetically less diverse and healthy populations. The highway project will do the same.”
Other countries have found a supposed solution in creating animal bridges and tunnels to allow wildlife to cross these barriers, de Verteuil said, but in Trinidad, despite this highway being one of the world’s most expensive per mile, “we take no environmental prisoners”.
“Scandalously, the highway project also destroys mangrove,” he said.
“There are engineering solutions which would have spared the mangrove, but they were considered too expensive, because our planners and politicians have no understanding of the value of healthy, ecosystems.”

HURRY
Ricer

Postby HURRY » October 11th, 2013, 9:11 am

Highway Re-Route wrote:The Case -:

*The Ministry of Works wants to build two (2) highways from Point Fortin. One goes from Point to Mon Desir, along the Mosquito Creek to San Fernando. We are not challenging this highway. This one is a bonus for the people of deep South who suffered for too long.

*The other one is a 6 foot high, 9.1 mile embankment through the Oropuche Basin, passing through thirteen communities from Mon Desir to Debe. This one will create massive dislocation, flooding, and alienate fertile lands.

* It will generate metropolitan sprawl in peaceful, well-knit, empowered communities. We are against this madness. This is highway robbery, make-work for contractors - make work to build it and make work to clean up when the floods hit.

* We want the repair and widening of roads in this area, as well as the use of outlying secondary roads to create connectivity in this area.

* This Mon Desir to Debe is overkill, unnecessary, too costly, corrupt, violent, bogus and frankly, a dumb deal for Trinidad and Tobago.

grad
Sweet on this forum

Postby grad » October 11th, 2013, 10:53 am

fact is most of these people are living on government agricultural land. the evaluators are paying them for the price of their house, the price of agricultural land, the relocation fee, rent for a year in some cases, and free land in some cases. they want money for land prices at residential rates, which cannot happen. because you build on agricultural land, and there are a few houses around, does not now make the agricultural land residential land.

also, take out the bodhai's and you will end up with about five people. for the largely publicized women of HRRM in POS, according to the express, there were 11 persons. i kid you not. they make it sound like everyone is against it, when it isn't so.

also, the HRRM pictures/diagrams to illustrate the highways path, is never to scale to show the large expanse of people that will miss out from the debe to mon desir end.

also, they dont even care about environmental issues. all they have in their mind in that it would be inconvenient to them if they have to move. yet they don't think of the thousands who will be inconvenienced should the highway not be built.

finally, we all from deeper south have seen the benefit the little stretch from Golconda to debe has brought. One can only imagine the greater good for the entire stretch to be built. i also look forward to a highway to mayaro B)

evolution7tt
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby evolution7tt » October 11th, 2013, 12:02 pm

grad wrote:
also, take out the boodhai's and you will end up with about five people. for the largely publicized women of HRRM in POS, according to the express, there were 11 persons. i kid you not. they make it sound like everyone is against it, when it isn't so.

Oh so true. They just pissed that the planned route is not passing on their land. No money to collect.

Rory Phoulorie
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Rory Phoulorie » October 11th, 2013, 12:30 pm

Can't wait for the highway to reach Siparia so that I could go by cousin Palackdharrysingh each weekend to eat some fried Quenk Wantons and not have to worry about alignment going off and suspension being damaged.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”