Forums

Removal of Tonsils

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

evolution91
Sweet on this forum

Removal of Tonsils

Postby evolution91 » June 14th, 2016, 6:28 am

Good day tuners can anyone who has had their tonsils removed shed some light on the procedure like the after effects? Your immunity post to the removal? Is it painful? Does it get worst? Where is the most recommended place to hav it done?

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Removal of Tonsils

Postby maj. tom » June 14th, 2016, 7:12 am

Who recommended that you remove your tonsils? I suggest you get 2nd and 3rd opinions while you wait for the infection to clear up, probably with the help of antibiotics/antivirals and an NSAID if the MD deems so.

Your tonsils are a very important part of your immune system. The fact that they are inflamed right now means they are fighting an infection. Tonsillectomy is old medicine which is hardly practised anymore except in special cases.

daas
Shifting into 6th

Postby daas » June 14th, 2016, 9:19 am

Had em removed as a child due to difficulty breathing. No complications whatsoever. I probably get sick once maybe twice a year at most so absolutely no immunity issues there. I think because they can be easily reached there are no cuts so it wasn't painful.

evolution91
Sweet on this forum

Re: RE: Re: Removal of Tonsils

Postby evolution91 » June 14th, 2016, 7:44 pm

maj. tom wrote:Who recommended that you remove your tonsils? I suggest you get 2nd and 3rd opinions while you wait for the infection to clear up, probably with the help of antibiotics/antivirals and an NSAID if the MD deems so.

Your tonsils are a very important part of your immune system. The fact that they are inflamed right now means they are fighting an infection. Tonsillectomy is old medicine which is hardly practised anymore except in special cases.

Hey thanks for your informative response bt no one recommended it.. i knew someone did it and doing my own research i was thinking its a good option.. i get sore throat atleast 5 times for the years.. its bad to a point i can swallow or talk

brainchild
Chronic TriniTuner

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Removal of Tonsils

Postby brainchild » June 14th, 2016, 9:55 pm

evolution91 wrote:
maj. tom wrote:Who recommended that you remove your tonsils? I suggest you get 2nd and 3rd opinions while you wait for the infection to clear up, probably with the help of antibiotics/antivirals and an NSAID if the MD deems so.

Hey thanks for your informative response bt no one recommended it.. i knew someone did it and doing my own research i was thinking its a good option.. i get sore throat atleast 5 times for the years.. its bad to a point i can swallow or talk

I have plenty experience with this...go to your local pharmacy and ask for Septra (sulphur tablets basically) take one twice a day after meals for about 5 days and your good to go.
Also good to have Corsodyl antibiotic mouthwash at home, gargle as per the instructions on the onset of sore throat symptoms.
Warm salt water also provides relief until you can get to a pharmacy.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » June 15th, 2016, 5:47 am

A good doctor would do a proper clinical investigation to the cause of chronic inflammation of your tonsils 5 times a year. Blood work, breathing environment, dietary assessment. A full work up. So you should find a good GP and get this checked out. Or perhaps an immunologist. Removing the symptoms doesn't mean that it's a cure or that the stimulus of inflammation will be gone. Suppose it's a marker for something more serious?

Make some time and see a good doctor who will do these investigations. It's your health.

RBphoto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RBphoto » June 15th, 2016, 8:25 am

I had my sinuses enlarged because of polyps, so i know the trials of not being able to breathe as soon as you get a cold or get in some dust. Surgery.. even minor.. can be a beyotch with a risk of infection during healing. If you have chronic infections, like I did, it may be worth it. I spent several years battling with all kind of steroids, sprays, antihistamines (probably most of my life till I was 20). I had a bad experience with a fungal infection during recovery.. which was like all of my nose and tongue on the inside scratching. After all was healed and I got over the fungus, my life dramatically improved. I still have dust allergies, but at least my mucus is free flowing and only get a an actual cold maybe once every two years. I don't know if Dr. Ashraf still in business, but he was very aggressive in getting me a cat scan and recommending that I do surgery while every other doctor decided that I should keep on with the dumb sprays and antihistamines for eternity.

K_J_R
3NE 2NR for life

Postby K_J_R » June 16th, 2016, 3:45 pm

my ENT doctor person says that the reason they remove tonsils from kids is that kids hardly have pain after and they heal quickly.

he says that as an adult, it is very painful, plenty longer time to better. every time you swallow saliva or water or whatever you will have intense pain until it finish heal

evolution91
Sweet on this forum

Postby evolution91 » June 16th, 2016, 8:12 pm

just wanna thank everyone for sharing their experiences,this was very informative,

TurboSingh12
Riding on 16's

Postby TurboSingh12 » June 17th, 2016, 10:07 am

You should also do some research into strep throat.Similar symptoms as sore throat but if untreated can cause heart problems!

avenall
Sweet on this forum

Postby avenall » June 17th, 2016, 8:29 pm

i had mine removed last year. They put you to sleep then take it out. it is usually done in 30 minutes. The first day its not bad.

day 1-3 the scabs from the wounds are now developing which would make it pain not not as much. dont eat ice cream or any milky substances. no hot foods. the most i would reccomend is a nutriment drink. ( twice daily) prepare to lose about 20 pounds.

day 4-7 - the pain gets worst. you get ear pain so you need to take your medication on time. the scabs are falling off slowly. the pain killers which is usually Cata-flam they would give you or something similar. they usually recommend taking this 4 times daily however I over dosed ( i took 1 ever 3-4 hours , over dosing would make you feel emotionally angry etc ) in the night set an alarm to take the pain killers because you would regret if you dont as after 8 hours sleep you would wake up with the pain- killers worn off and it doesn't feel nice. Reccomendation is eat once a day ( try mice chicken and patato/ yam.) the food needs to be soft. do not eat it hot. suck on alot of penna-cool. remember the less milky drinks the better for you

day 8 - 10 Total nightmare- keep eating. the scabs are falling off and the wounds are open. soft foods and no milky drinks as you want to reduce the mucus lining in your throat.

day 11- 15- pain in usually at easy. you should be visiting the doctor 14 days after where you should be 95 % better.

for the first month. Get accustom to when you yawn your ears hurt. you may get blood clots now and then within the first 2-6 months. no alarms thats all usual. since then. i never got a sore throat. only the flu and thats not regular. any questions feel free to pm me. if you need advice on which doctor i can recommend etc. have a good one

shogun
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby shogun » June 18th, 2016, 2:12 pm

^Had no idea tonsillectomy was that painful and that much of an event

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”