TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Who will be chosen as TnT's Best to represent us in Vegas!

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

ultraders

Re: Who will be chosen as TnT's Best to represent us in Vega

Postby ultraders » April 27th, 2012, 8:30 am

Does the votes contribute to anything in the overall judging ?

ppl don't be discourage by the cars you see , every person has there own likes and dislike and the reason why ppl enter is because they are car crazy for there vehicle in there own way . So it isn't a matter which vehicle is a classic , lambo , import etc etc > that's whats the owner like .

So come out on that day and support , check out the expo and the variety of vehicles that will be on display .

MG MAN u have valvoline specials > must pass through and check it out !!!!!!!!!

Trinidad & Tobago have lots of talent , we should be proud .

Have a bless day ppl !

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » April 27th, 2012, 10:19 am

^ yes votes go towards the overall score - it is just a percentage though

EXODUS
punchin NOS

Postby EXODUS » April 27th, 2012, 11:32 pm

^^^ :O d fack! taut st ann's former inmates not allowed on here :S

Karim Khan
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby Karim Khan » April 28th, 2012, 11:09 pm

Guys i was able to take a walk around the exibitors area of the show tonight and i must say some of the booths look amazing, the Meguiar's , Total,Wheel Wizard,Trinituner , Zorce, and Bola,s booth look real good. IMO i think this will be the best automotive event for the year!!!

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » April 29th, 2012, 1:18 am

did u see the matte red / maroon land cruiser with the black rims?
OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Team Loco
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby Team Loco » April 29th, 2012, 1:47 am

why you still up? trying to fix the car?

Stephon.
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Stephon. » April 29th, 2012, 7:35 am

I'll be there later, will there be alcohol sold there?

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » April 29th, 2012, 1:27 pm

Check us out at the TriniTuner / Zorce booth!!!

GT5 simulators and prizes!

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » April 29th, 2012, 8:57 pm

The orange 2000 Colour Collection Arden Range Rover Sport (Competitor #041) has won the Meguiar's TnT Car Crazy competition and will go to Las Vegas to SEMA 2012!!!!

CONGRATS!!!!

Better pics to come soon.

veedubtt
Sweet on this forum

Postby veedubtt » April 29th, 2012, 9:23 pm

well deserved win there......but classic and antique cars were not represented at all..

trinibajan34
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby trinibajan34 » April 29th, 2012, 9:52 pm

liked the show ,loved the cars ,the display booths were great, the cars that were competing looked sweet then it turned into a sound off competition smh.

Reddevil
Ricer

Postby Reddevil » April 29th, 2012, 10:43 pm

Team Loco wrote:my father's consul:

refinished over 6 mths ago, totally maintained with meguiars products.

i have also entered our locally built locost

Congrats on getting 2nd place you did well your cars were truly original and stood out (just my opinion)

Team Loco
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby Team Loco » April 29th, 2012, 10:56 pm

Thanks a lot. We were indeed a show stopper. We fell short based on overspray around the windscreen rubbers, paint on striker plates and carpet mat was too tacky in the trunk. But we never expected second place

Thanks again to the organisers, well pulled off event. A lot of hard work. Looking forward to another show

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » April 29th, 2012, 11:52 pm

was a nice event indeed..however the sound vehicles were epic failures,so much "soundboys" were there and only about 5 vehicles actually sounded real good:
music farm's galant
unique sounds customs hiace
street concepts purple bus (9 15s)
black primera
ballz blue lexus

everybody else in car audio, utter sheit...all the so call big names real sheit....

best of luck to the vehicle that was chosen though.

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » April 30th, 2012, 12:00 am

well allyuh know danraj and rum doh mix,some idiot must get on like ah KANT for the sound off competition..caused it to stop for a while,idk why them police din cut he arse...smh...

Rensh
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby Rensh » April 30th, 2012, 12:51 am

The winner:

Sexy Maserati:

hornchile
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby hornchile » April 30th, 2012, 7:20 am

Team Loco wrote:Thanks a lot. We were indeed a show stopper. We fell short based on overspray around the windscreen rubbers, paint on striker plates and carpet mat was too tacky in the trunk. But we never expected second place

Thanks again to the organisers, well pulled off event. A lot of hard work. Looking forward to another show

excellent ride there Loco...would have given you the win.

by the way...I was the guy that made you open and close the bonnet so that my old man could take pics lol!!!

RIPEBREDFRUIT
18 pounds of Boost

Postby RIPEBREDFRUIT » April 30th, 2012, 7:21 am

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:well allyuh know danraj and rum doh mix,some idiot must get on like ah KANT for the sound off competition..caused it to stop for a while,idk why them police din cut he arse...smh...

figures, those gallery and sound off SPL arsholes ALWAYS Ruin a good event, and i do mean ALWAYS..................

16 cycles
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby 16 cycles » April 30th, 2012, 7:44 am

passed in for a bit....

excellent show....saw some projects that were stunning - e.g supra / signal skyline / bird's r33 - a few rally cars...offroad vehicles, a hamann x6...maserati / aston martin / r35 (infamous pc* 38)...

the vendors at the booths were very helpful - esp wheel wizard who gave away rays & advan's 2012 catalogs

lubetech did a good job showcasing products offered

on the outside....saw more of the sound aspect to car shows....was different from inside but something for everyone...

tucked away in the corner on the outside was a ferrari....a well put together ecr34 and a stock evox (the owners being very helpful when i asked for pics)

then there was the cl63 - was a beast and the owner was kind enough to open the hood for engine pics...

hope this becomes a yearly event-

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » April 30th, 2012, 7:56 am

RIPEBREDFRUIT wrote:
shake d livin wake d dead wrote:well allyuh know danraj and rum doh mix,some idiot must get on like ah KANT for the sound off competition..caused it to stop for a while,idk why them police din cut he arse...smh...

figures, those gallery and sound off SPL arsholes ALWAYS Ruin a good event, and i do mean ALWAYS..................

true dat,is everywhere rum goes,they follow,n phork up the events :| :|

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » April 30th, 2012, 10:39 am

Reddevil wrote:
Team Loco wrote:my father's consul:

refinished over 6 mths ago, totally maintained with meguiars products.

i have also entered our locally built locost

Congrats on getting 2nd place you did well your cars were truly original and stood out (just my opinion)

pity the americans won't get to see it.......range rovers are dime-a-dozen...........the Consul Capri would attract a lot of attention there.........trans-atlantic styling in a tidy British package is something seldom seen stateside
Last edited by MG Man on April 30th, 2012, 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Team Loco
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby Team Loco » April 30th, 2012, 10:44 am

true mg man, but i agree with the judges a bit. its the typical problem with modern day painters. the last guy who painted the car did a fantastic job. kudos to Ballirams from gasparillo. but the previous painter made a mess of the rubbers around the windshields and the judges pointed this out. also the striker plates that were painted in red didnt go down well with them. however, its something we could of corrected before october. nevertheless, congrats to the first place winner. nice ride. somehow i feel my father still gonna buy a ticket to las vegas and attend the show

Aaron 2NR
2NR phototakerouter

Postby Aaron 2NR » April 30th, 2012, 10:53 am

vomit

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » April 30th, 2012, 11:30 am

lol @ Aaron...........at least u doh have people askin you why you copy de civic man bodykit O_O
Loco yuh pops would love SEMA
IMO the judging was very fair and objective..........best I've seen at a local car show.........they spent quite a bit of time on the cars they thought showed the right stuff.........they spent about 3 minutes on mine ;p.......the buss up seat and the rusty undercarriage scared them off :p

Hats off to the organizers. It was a mammoth task, and for a first-time show, I think everything came off great. I had a great time, met some cool people, including the organizers, who while under pressure, still made time to answer my hundred questions throughout the day, in a a very friendly, courteous manner....I felt very welcome at this show, which is in stark contrast to the last show I participated in, where there were 'we people' and 'allyuh people'.........this IMO shows the high level of professionalism, not to mention a certain level of class displayed by the organizing team.

I had a nice chat with two of the judges as well. They were very approachable and willing to chat, within the constraints of their role. While I am sure not everyone will be happy with the results, I think it is an excellent learning experience and point of reference for those of us who want to move our art to world standards. Hopefully this show will signal the beginning of the end of the 'it mine so it bess' mentality..........we now have a benchmark, and specific criteria for how a car should be prepared. The fact that the 1st and 2nd place cars are so vastly different, to me demonstrates how objective the judging was..........and it was very cool that the judges took the time to show where a car scored, and where it fell down.

Regarding the competitors, while the organizers did their best to keep music levels down to sensible levels, at times people got carried away, making it difficult for some of us to have discussions, or even hear ourselves think...this has always been a turnoff to many of us who are in two minds about bringing a car to a car show.....not to mention some guys thought it cool to bang out uncensored versions of certain songs....maybe their families think it's cool, but I felt sorry for some of the parents who were less than amused.....

Quite a few of the 'MK' type folks told me the show 'fail real bad' and 'buss real big', which is regrettable, seeing as that is how they will describe the show to others.........pearls before swine........hopefully the positive reviews here, in ZORCE and on other social sites will make up for this...

My only issue, on a personal note, is the whole social-media voting thing. While the facebook and texting competitions were only a small percentage of the points, in a close call between two cars, it would be unfortunate for someone to lose out simply because the other guy has a bigger social network and campaigned for more votes (shades of chutney soca monarch etc). IMO the social media thing is too easy for people with large followings to manipulate............there are many owners of world-class cars who are not even on facebook etc

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » April 30th, 2012, 11:43 am

MG Man wrote:lol @ Aaron...........at least u doh have people askin you why you copy de civic man bodykit O_O
IMO the judging was very fair and objective..........best I've seen at a local car show.........they spent quite a bit of time on the cars they thought showed the right stuff.........they spent about 3 minutes on mine ;p.......the buss up seat and the rusty undercarriage scared them off :p

Hats off to the organizers. It was a mammoth task, and for a first-time show, I think everything came off great. I had a great time, met some cool people, including the organizers, who while under pressure, still made time to answer my hundred questions throughout the day, in a a very friendly, courteous manner....I felt very welcome at this show, which is in stark contrast to the last show I participated in, where there were 'we people' and 'allyuh people'.........this IMO shows the high level of professionalism, not to mention a certain level of class displayed by the organizing team.

I had a nice chat with two of the judges as well. They were very approachable and willing to chat, within the constraints of their role. While I am sure not everyone will be happy with the results, I think it is an excellent learning experience and point of reference for those of us who want to move our art to world standards. Hopefully this show will signal the beginning of the end of the 'it mine so it bess' mentality..........we now have a benchmark, and specific criteria for how a car should be prepared. The fact that the 1st and 2nd place cars are so vastly different, to me demonstrates how objective the judging was..........and it was very cool that the judges took the time to show where a car scored, and where it fell down.

Regarding the competitors, while the organizers did their best to keep music levels down to sensible levels, at times people got carried away, making it difficult for some of us to have discussions, or even hear ourselves think...this has always been a turnoff to many of us who are in two minds about bringing a car to a car show.....not to mention some guys thought it cool to bang out uncensored versions of certain songs....maybe their families think it's cool, but I felt sorry for some of the parents who were less than amused.....

Quite a few of the 'MK' type folks told me the show 'fail real bad' and 'buss real big', which is regrettable, seeing as that is how they will describe the show to others.........pearls before swine........hopefully the positive reviews here, in ZORCE and on other social sites will make up for this...

My only issue, on a personal note, is the whole social-media voting thing. While the facebook and texting competitions were only a small percentage of the points, in a close call between two cars, it would be unfortunate for someone to lose out simply because the other guy has a bigger social network and campaigned for more votes (shades of chutney soca monarch etc). IMO the social media thing is too easy for people with large followings to manipulate............there are many owners of world-class cars who are not even on facebook etc

like you no like music competition :lol: it failed big time,only thing that spoil the show :cry: and well the one jakarse who wanted to fight...

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » April 30th, 2012, 11:49 am

^^^according to the guidelines, there was a decibel limit, and a 'no profanity' clause............it has nothing to do with any music competition..........the rules as set out by the organizers were clear......it wasn't a music competition

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » April 30th, 2012, 12:22 pm

MG Man wrote:^^^according to the guidelines, there was a decibel limit, and a 'no profanity' clause............it has nothing to do with any music competition..........the rules as set out by the organizers were clear......it wasn't a music competition

it turned out to be one in the end as usual,all categories were contested,and as usual who had the biggest "PLOI" was part of it...good thing it was a judged competition as well.judges were fair,imo..

16 cycles
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby 16 cycles » April 30th, 2012, 12:35 pm

un-touched photo of the winner....

congrats....

brembo package looks good on it

plex
punchin NOS

Postby plex » April 30th, 2012, 4:06 pm

MG Man wrote:lol @ Aaron...........at least u doh have people askin you why you copy de civic man bodykit O_O

Interesting review.

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » April 30th, 2012, 4:07 pm

good info

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”