Forums

Dangerous Dogs Act - Trinidad and Tobago

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

DrunkenMaster16
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Re: Dangerous Dogs Act goes into effect June 2013 (6mths gra

Postby DrunkenMaster16 » April 16th, 2015, 2:14 pm

Fortunately my vet is a sitting (literally) member of parliament. No chipping available, no staff available to check premises even if you have registered your pet. Nothing is in place.

What ever dog you choose:
Training
Socializing
Exercising
Fencing etc

Research the breed you are looking into, ask questions about personalities of the dogs from the breeder (or if you adopt) Parental traits too as this will come into play when they have identified themselves as adult dogs.

Puppies are great, but it doesn't last long... just house broke my 4 month old puppy. Working on down, close, give five, and roll. Already got sit, stay, paw, and other paw easily. My 3 year old has learnt basic hand signals, roughly 30 verbal commands and some custom audio(special whistle etc) commands for off lead.

DVSTT

Postby DVSTT » April 16th, 2015, 2:17 pm

DrunkenMaster16 wrote:Fortunately my vet is a sitting (literally) member of parliament. No chipping available, no staff available to check premises even if you have registered your pet. Nothing is in place.

Training
Socializing
Exercising
Fencing etc

Research the breed you are looking into, ask questions about personalities of the dogs from the breeder (or if you adopt) Parental traits too as this will come into play when they have identified themselves as adult dogs.

Puppies are great, but it doesn't last long... just house broke my 4 month old puppy. Working on down, close, give five, and roll. Already got sit, stay, paw, and other paw easily. My 3 year old has learnt basic hand signals, roughly 30 verbal commands and some custom audio(special whistle etc) commands for off lead.

If I tell my dog speak with food in my hand she'll bark.

*$kїđž!™
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *$kїđž!™ » April 16th, 2015, 2:24 pm

DrunkenMaster16 wrote:Fortunately my vet is a sitting (literally) member of parliament. No chipping available, no staff available to check premises even if you have registered your pet. Nothing is in place.

Training
Socializing
Exercising
Fencing etc

great advice...thanks..

*$kїđž!™
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *$kїđž!™ » April 16th, 2015, 2:27 pm

guys ...which would be better....a female pup or male?

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » April 16th, 2015, 3:44 pm

depends on what you want out of the pup when it grows up & if it will be a house dog or not, as well as whether you plan on getting into breeding or not.

DVSTT

Postby DVSTT » April 16th, 2015, 6:13 pm

I have females cuz I hate having dogs peeing on my car tyres and, on the front gate & motor. Had a male dog for 14 years and over that time he managed to destroy the base of the front gate with his territory marking. After that it was only females.

*$kїđž!™
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *$kїđž!™ » April 16th, 2015, 8:37 pm

DVSTT wrote:I have females cuz I hate having dogs peeing on my car tyres and, on the front gate & motor. Had a male dog for 14 years and over that time he managed to destroy the base of the front gate with his territory marking. After that it was only females.

Dont want the dog peeing on my tyres and gate and gate motors...hmm...so thinking about female then or simply none at all.....wanted this to be a surpsrise for the kid but having second thoughts.....about it on a whole....

DVSTT

Postby DVSTT » April 16th, 2015, 8:43 pm

*$kїđž![TRADE MARK SIGN] wrote:
DVSTT wrote:I have females cuz I hate having dogs peeing on my car tyres and, on the front gate & motor. Had a male dog for 14 years and over that time he managed to destroy the base of the front gate with his territory marking. After that it was only females.

Dont want the dog peeing on my tyres and gate and gate motors...hmm...so thinking about female then or simply none at all.....wanted this to be a surpsrise for the kid but having second thoughts.....about it on a whole....

Get a female. I always loved having dogs as a kid. They alot of work as a pup though, vet visits and 3x a day feeding is time consuming,but they are so worth it.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » April 16th, 2015, 9:39 pm

this is where training & your dog knowing his place in the family structure comes into play son.
all I have is males, & I don't have those issues, cuz they all know I own everything, so they can't claim/mark/fight for anything

DrunkenMaster16

Postby DrunkenMaster16 » April 16th, 2015, 9:54 pm

88sins wrote:

this is where training & your dog knowing his place in the family structure comes into play son.
all I have is males, & I don't have those issues, cuz they all know I own everything, so they can't claim/mark/fight for anything

Totally agree. I have a male and now the female pup. Personally females are more protective and generally more eager to please than males.

dogg
Riding on 17's

Postby dogg » March 8th, 2016, 8:49 pm

baby killed by dog in central?
any truth to this?

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » March 9th, 2016, 9:24 am

dogg wrote:baby killed by dog in central?
any truth to this?

http://m.guardian.co.tt/news/2016-03-08 ... ity-mourns

Shayas Khan, left, comforts his wife, Vishma Bissoon, outside their home at Jameel Street, Charlieville, following the death of the couple’s six-month-old son, Maleek Khan, yesterday. The child was mauled to death by the family’s dog, Simba, top right. PHOTO: SHASTRI BOODAN
The family of six-month-old baby Maleek Khan was in shock last night after he was mauled to death by the family dog at their home at Charlieville, Chaguanas.

Speaking with the T&T Guardian yesterday, the baby’s grandfather, Neshard Khan, 53, said they still could not understand why the dog, Simba, a Rottweiler and German Shepherd mixed, would attack the baby boy.

Maleek is the only child to Khan’s son, Shayas, 30, and Vishma Bissoon, 23.

The senior Khan told the T&T Guardian that baby Maleek was with his mother at their Jameel Street, Charlieville, home around 4 pm when tragedy struck.

He said he was told Maleek was left in his pram by Bissoon, who stepped away for a few minutes. He said although Simba was chained he managed to reach the baby boy and grabbed him by the head. The dog bit the baby about his face and when his mother ran to assist him she was bitten about her arm and head.

Neighbours helped rescue baby Maleek, who was then rushed to the Chaguanas District Health Centre, Montrose

“The dog is a big dog. I believe that the baby was left too close to the dog. The dog grabbed on to him and that was it. I don’t know where that mother went and what she went to do. I don’t know why she left the baby so close to the dog,” the distraught grandfather said.

Khan described the situation when he got to the house after learning of the incident as a nightmare.

“When I got there I saw blood all over the place and all I could have done was beat that dog and tell him ‘look how you kill my grandchild.’

“It real sad. I real beat that dog you know, just to let the dog know that what he did was wrong,” he added.

Khan said he intended to suggest to his son the dog be put down “because I don't want to see that dog ever again and I don't want that dog biting or killing anyone else.”

Khan said recently he has been plagued with problems and wondered when his troubles would end.

He explained that the baby’s father, Shayas, iss not working currently as he had suffered a broken arm while on the job. Another of his sons, whose name he withheld for security reasons, was allegedly shot in the back of the neck by a police officer.

“I do not know when my troubles will end. Is only one after the other I have to deal with,” he said.

“Now, my grandchild! This one is the hardest. I cannot deal with this but I have to remain strong for my son, Shayas, and the rest of the family.”

At the family’s home last night, Shayas’ uncle, Sohil Khan, said the community was in shock following the incident. He said the dog was given to the family one year ago but he believed it was time to get rid of it, adding he was surprised the police did not take away the dog when they visited the home.

Parbatie Lutchman, 32, a relative of the baby’s mother, added: “We don’t know what to say. We all loved the baby, now he is gone, what can we do or say.”

Up to late last night officers from the Chaguanas Police Station, along with Crime Scene Investigators, were at the Khan's residence processing the scene.

Baby Maleek is expected to be buried today under Muslim rites.

— Reporting by SHASTRI BOODAN
Attachments
ImageUploadedByTriniTuner1457529844.272554.jpg
ImageUploadedByTriniTuner1457529835.328555.jpg

Spitfir3
punchin NOS

Postby Spitfir3 » March 9th, 2016, 9:36 am

that article just screams negligence

Dragular
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Dragular » March 9th, 2016, 11:12 am

^^parent negligence. who in their right mind leaves their child unattended next to dog

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » March 9th, 2016, 11:52 am

Spitfir3 wrote:that article just screams negligence

mother and father were both negligent, but in differing aspects

Dragular wrote: who in their right mind leaves their child unattended next to dog

d real question is who leaves their child unattended next to a dog with an unstable temperament. If it was a properly bred, & properly trained animal, this would have NEVER happened.
but this type of thing is to be expected, when ppl start breeding & selling all kinda crap for small change to ppl looking for a dog to look & be real bad & bite anything dat moving.

bossmann
Trinituner Peong

Postby bossmann » March 9th, 2016, 12:22 pm

88sins wrote:
Spitfir3 wrote:that article just screams negligence

mother and father were both negligent, but in differing aspects

Dragular wrote: who in their right mind leaves their child unattended next to dog

d real question is who leaves their child unattended next to a dog with an unstable temperament. If it was a properly bred, & properly trained animal, this would have NEVER happened.
but this type of thing is to be expected, when ppl start breeding & selling all kinda crap for small change to ppl looking for a dog to look & be real bad & bite anything dat moving.
x100000 everybody "wah ah bad dog" and thinks Yeah, this is how a dog is supposed to be.

HONDA spoilboy
3NE 2NR for life

Postby HONDA spoilboy » March 9th, 2016, 12:27 pm

I agree its pure negligence bt the father was not home ! He was at work and wife gone to ole talk with neighbor frickin madness to leave the child unattended what it would've taken to carry the child to

Spitfir3
punchin NOS

Postby Spitfir3 » March 9th, 2016, 1:04 pm

agreed too much people want bad dog and don't know how to handle them actually any breed they just not taking care of them, throw the dog in a corner throw some water in a bowl and job done apparently

my grandmother is always alone with my dog but i never have to worry about her being attacked as my dog listens and apparently fears her more than she does me

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » March 9th, 2016, 1:40 pm

Dragular wrote:^^parent negligence. who in their right mind leaves their child unattended next to dog
lots of families have dogs, in their house, with their kids, all over the world.

16 cycles
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby 16 cycles » March 9th, 2016, 2:12 pm

seen lots of instances where the dog will only take instructions from one family member ....when that person is not home....no one can control the animal....and it is usually locked up....not a good recipe...

not saying that is the case here...jus an obs....

RIP to the kid....

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » March 9th, 2016, 2:19 pm

HONDA spoilboy wrote:I agree its pure negligence bt the father was not home ! He was at work and wife gone to ole talk with neighbor frickin madness to leave the child unattended what it would've taken to carry the child to

so he brings a poorly bred animal into the house, and intentionally ignored the need to have it trained in basic ob. but he wasnt there when it happened so this absolves him of all culpability.

any half decent breeder would tell u, yuh doh jus put 2 dogs that of d same breed together & tell yuhself the offspring go be d bess. it doh wuk so. it have plenty testing to be done, from temperament and nerves to medical to learnimg ability to drive testing.
and any canine trainer worth their title will tell you the same thing, large dogs that are territorial and protective by nature need a strong foundation in obedience to ensure that the dog will allow their owners and keepers to handle them as needed, and just as much of the training should focus on d owner as it does d dog.

BoostJunkieXL
Sweet on this forum

Postby BoostJunkieXL » March 9th, 2016, 3:07 pm

blame the damn parents...poor dog sigh...

KM_2NR
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby KM_2NR » March 9th, 2016, 3:15 pm

Pics of said dog?

shogun
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby shogun » March 9th, 2016, 4:23 pm

Why was a dog they were obviously concerned about tied right next to a child?

Madness

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » March 10th, 2016, 6:20 am

88sins wrote:
HONDA spoilboy wrote:I agree its pure negligence bt the father was not home ! He was at work and wife gone to ole talk with neighbor frickin madness to leave the child unattended what it would've taken to carry the child to

so he brings a poorly bred animal into the house, and intentionally ignored the need to have it trained in basic ob. but he wasnt there when it happened so this absolves him of all culpability.

any half decent breeder would tell u, yuh doh jus put 2 dogs that of d same breed together & tell yuhself the offspring go be d bess. it doh wuk so. it have plenty testing to be done, from temperament and nerves to medical to learnimg ability to drive testing.
and any canine trainer worth their title will tell you the same thing, large dogs that are territorial and protective by nature need a strong foundation in obedience to ensure that the dog will allow their owners and keepers to handle them as needed, and just as much of the training should focus on d owner as it does d dog.

Actually, dogs bred from two "bad" breeds tend to have a milder temperament than pure bred dogs. What may have happened here is the dog and child were not socialized and accustomed to each other, so the dog may have viewed the child as a threat/rival.

HONDA spoilboy
3NE 2NR for life

Postby HONDA spoilboy » March 10th, 2016, 9:45 am

The dragon thank you you are quite rite
88sins you to are partially rite I won't leave ANY dog by my child training or not they are unpredictable
The dogs are left in the back the children are not allowed to be around them the mother heard the fighting and decided to go path them after she "calm" them she brought the child to "breez" with her in the back which is fenced from the rest of the house .heard the neighbor calling her left the child sleeping and gone to the front to see who it waz remain blaging for about 5mins and hear the child crying and then the dogs "fighting" when she returned well you all kno the rest
The husban never allow the dogs out of the enclosured part of the yard except for night times when they sleepin she and him both kno the dogs the hav and thats why he wants to kill she cuz he never allow his children to play with them she knows that and still carry the child out side by them
Am not speculatling that waz my wife's cousin !

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby ruffneck_12 » March 10th, 2016, 9:57 am

kM_89 wrote:Pics of said dog?

skip to about 11:30
rotts are usually thick and meaty, look how emaciated that dog looking

Trinis does accuse chiney of eating dog, but does have dog tie up in their back yard to suffer.

Spitfir3
punchin NOS

Postby Spitfir3 » March 10th, 2016, 11:06 am

wtf that dog not looking very healthy at all

looks like they just throw it in a corner put some water in a bowl and that is that....... perfect example of someone that should NOT own a dog

i feel just as sorry for the dog as i do the child

BoostJunkieXL
Sweet on this forum

Postby BoostJunkieXL » March 10th, 2016, 11:12 am

De Dragon wrote:
88sins wrote:

Actually, dogs bred from two "bad" breeds tend to have a milder temperament than pure bred dogs. What may have happened here is the dog and child were not socialized and accustomed to each other, so the dog may have viewed the child as a threat/rival.

i agree...i was explaining the socializing and introduction of new born babies to pets especially dogs to some friends yesterday...the dog obviously has little to no training and probably saw the baby as a threat. im sure he was barking uncontrollably and the baby was crying cuz he was scared and this provoked the dog who as i said probably saw him as a threat. but why would you leave your baby unattended with a dog that you have tied for a reason in the first place...its utter negligence on the parents side.

on a side note..the father was unemployed so either he was out looking for a job or playing the ass somewhere....

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » March 10th, 2016, 11:15 am

Weird seeing pictures of the dog now and reading back at what people posted. The basic assumption that the people involved had any spec of decency with how they treat animals and should have spent more time training the animal to interact with the child.

This was plain firetrucking negligence all around.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”