this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

AbstractPoetic
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Re: ***Official 2012 olympics thread***

Postby AbstractPoetic » August 8th, 2012, 5:41 pm

rfari wrote:
AbstractPoetic wrote:
sharkman121 wrote:The chinese are much diffferent from Trinidad and Tobago a country one thousandth of their size. They have a dedicated rigourous training programmed targeting athletes from birth and devotes their LIFE to it. Their facilities, coached, funding, programes are miles ahead of ours yet you compare them to us?

Then the question remains why aren't facilities, coaching, funding, programmes, etc at the level it needs to be to prepare athletes to compete with the best??

And even still, why not support local talent by sending them to those countries with such facilities? Kirani James did so with the support of the Grenadian government. In return, he represented his island and won them a gold medal. What is Trinidad's problem? And don't tell me you all do not have the money. If the government can pay parliamentarians $10M a pop, they sure can spend a few millions on athletic talent.

Excuses and more excuses....Trinidad is the land of excuses.

You talk about 'you all' as tho you're not trinbagonian. Ent you was the one looking to come back here? You even have us citizenship? Buh u wanna be yapping

I actually am a US citizen and hold dual citizenship, but that is besides the point. Shall you address my above questions?

rfari
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rfari » August 8th, 2012, 5:49 pm

AbstractPoetic wrote:
rfari wrote:
AbstractPoetic wrote:
sharkman121 wrote:The chinese are much diffferent from Trinidad and Tobago a country one thousandth of their size. They have a dedicated rigourous training programmed targeting athletes from birth and devotes their LIFE to it. Their facilities, coached, funding, programes are miles ahead of ours yet you compare them to us?

Then the question remains why aren't facilities, coaching, funding, programmes, etc at the level it needs to be to prepare athletes to compete with the best??

And even still, why not support local talent by sending them to those countries with such facilities? Kirani James did so with the support of the Grenadian government. In return, he represented his island and won them a gold medal. What is Trinidad's problem? And don't tell me you all do not have the money. If the government can pay parliamentarians $10M a pop, they sure can spend a few millions on athletic talent.

Excuses and more excuses....Trinidad is the land of excuses.

You talk about 'you all' as tho you're not trinbagonian. Ent you was the one looking to come back here? You even have us citizenship? Buh u wanna be yapping

I actually am a US citizen and hold dual citizenship, but that is besides the point. Shall you address my above questions?

.... Anyways, to answer your question as to why we don't develop training facilities and provide funding for our athletes; why don't we have proper roadways and a better transportation system? It all comes down to the 'powers to be'. You can't fault out representatives be it in sports, beauty pageants etc when they qualify or in some cases, are selected to carry our flag. What's important is that they strive for excellence regardless of their disadvantages. Understand?

BrotherHood
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Bringing HID & LED to a location near you! 355-3165. 704-5442 (WhatsApp).

Postby BrotherHood » August 8th, 2012, 6:05 pm

It takes alot to make it to the Olympic Games and you only go if you attain the qualifying standard in the event you want to participate in or the event that you train and prepare for. Regardless of position at the games, you achieve a world ranking in that event, so the 4th, 6th and 8th place AP spoke of that in her opinion is mediocre, is quite good considering the amount of athletes that entered the event and did not make the final and also thjose that did not even make it to the Olympic Games. Yes we as supporters want our athletes to win medals but one cannot discredit the dedicated work and training it takes for an athlete to represent our country at the Olympic Games.

For a small country, maybe the size of a small town in the US or China, we do quite well with the limited resources and underdeveloped facilities and funding that these athletes have to work with. So in my opinion, when some of us post and congratulate, it's not that they are accepting mediocrity. They respect what it took the athletes to this level and congratulate them on their accomplishment.

For some athletes, it just doesn't happen for them on the day and they don't perform at their best. I believe all the sprinters went into 100 metres aiming to do their best but atmosphere, nerves, weather and the pressure athletes may put on themselves to perform affects them negatively. Each race won't be perfect so I cannot see why you AP, you say that some athletes didn't perform to their best.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » August 8th, 2012, 6:09 pm

99% of our athletes got most of their competitive training via the US university route, incl Grenadian James.

Jehue Gordon is the exception

hustla_ambition101 wrote:BTW how much T&T athletes train here, because last I heard a lot of them are on scholarship in the US.

rfari
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rfari » August 8th, 2012, 6:09 pm

For a beetham yute, I find u eloquent bai. Well said

AbstractPoetic
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby AbstractPoetic » August 8th, 2012, 6:17 pm

BrotherHood wrote:It takes alot to make it to the Olympic Games and you only go if you attain the qualifying standard in the event you want to participate in or the event that you train and prepare for. Regardless of position at the games, you achieve a world ranking in that event, so the 4th, 6th and 8th place AP spoke of that in her opinion is mediocre, is quite good considering the amount of athletes that entered the event and did not make the final and also thjose that did not even make it to the Olympic Games. Yes we as supporters want our athletes to win medals but one cannot discredit the dedicated work and training it takes for an athlete to represent our country at the Olympic Games.

For a small country, maybe the size of a small town in the US or China, we do quite well with the limited resources and underdeveloped facilities and funding that these athletes have to work with. So in my opinion, when some of us post and congratulate, it's not that they are accepting mediocrity. They respect what it took the athletes to this level and congratulate them on their accomplishment.

For some athletes, it just doesn't happen for them on the day and they don't perform at their best. I believe all the sprinters went into 100 metres aiming to do their best but atmosphere, nerves, weather and the pressure athletes may put on themselves to perform affects them negatively. Each race won't be perfect so I cannot see why you AP, you say that some athletes didn't perform to their best.

When I say they did not perform their best, I speak on the average times. How can you clock in at a faster time in your trials and semis but revert back to a time subpar to your average in your FINALS? What happened to Kai Selvon? Jehue Gordon? Semoy Hackett? George Bovell?? And then folks want to make stink when The Guardian make it headline news that an athlete came in dead last? How it's not congratulating his or her efforts? Come on, man.

I was under the impression at a FINALS you put aside your nerves. You prepared YEARS for this moment. ONE moment. To just blow it like this is just...disappointing.

cornfused
30 pounds of Boost

Postby cornfused » August 8th, 2012, 6:28 pm

Hold on just a minute here:

We have been able to secure at least a medal in every Olympic Meet since Atlanta .
This year is the very first year that our women have qualified for the final race at the various sprints . The last time we won any medals in the men's 400 meter was in the 1964 Tokyo Olympics .
Our lone entrant in the cycling events has finished 4th and 7th respectively at age 21.
Our lone entrant in the Javelin throw now stands 10th after the qualifying round at age 19

I do agree that many of the wishes here are tending to appreciate real mediocrity , this thread is full of it . However from the days of when Ato was our only medal chance and thus our Olympics , we are still in with chances of medals with the relays coming up . Not long ago we did not have more than 3 sprinters nationwide that could make the Olympic standard. Now have 3 relay teams and participants in many other events.

BrotherHood
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Bringing HID & LED to a location near you! 355-3165. 704-5442 (WhatsApp).

Postby BrotherHood » August 8th, 2012, 7:01 pm

AbstractPoetic wrote:
BrotherHood wrote:It takes alot to make it to the Olympic Games and you only go if you attain the qualifying standard in the event you want to participate in or the event that you train and prepare for. Regardless of position at the games, you achieve a world ranking in that event, so the 4th, 6th and 8th place AP spoke of that in her opinion is mediocre, is quite good considering the amount of athletes that entered the event and did not make the final and also thjose that did not even make it to the Olympic Games. Yes we as supporters want our athletes to win medals but one cannot discredit the dedicated work and training it takes for an athlete to represent our country at the Olympic Games.

When I say they did not perform their best, I speak on the average times. How can you clock in at a faster time in your trials and semis but revert back to a time subpar to your average in your FINALS?

What happened to Kai Selvon? Jehue Gordon? Semoy Hackett? George Bovell?? And then folks want to make stink when The Guardian make it headline news that an athlete came in dead last? How it's not congratulating his or her efforts? Come on, man.

I was under the impression at a FINALS you put aside your nerves. You prepared YEARS for this moment. ONE moment. To just blow it like this is just...disappointing.

One's best doesnt' come in every race. As I said, soemtimes it just doesn't work out for you. A bad start, stumble in the drive phase, bad transition from drive phase into running upright, alot of things can go wrong at the moment and infront of hundreds of thousands, flashing lights everywhere and knowing to yourself that this is the world's biggest stage, nerves can and do get the better of some athletes. How do I know? I know some of the atghletes personally and i've represented this country as a junior in athletics. The levels are not the best comparison but nerves is nerves. Some athletes handle it better than others. You run at your best when you are relaxed so this would attribute to an athlete clocking their personal best or even a national record in the event.

I know what you will say; a professional athlete should be able to put it together better when it matters, or something of the sorts.
While that may be true, your average best just does not come everyday as an athlete.

pioneer
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby pioneer » August 8th, 2012, 7:04 pm

AbstractPoetic wrote:
pioneer wrote:What makes it worse is that tax payers' money gonna be used to "reward" these people for winning, nothing.

Fine we got a bronze from someone who doesn't even live, study or work in T&T, so what he gets a house now? :|

Give him an award when the national sports awards come around, I don't see why we need to spend millions to award mediocrity.

But taxpayers happy, man. We come out 4th and 6th and dead last at these games!

According to talknah society standards, win lose or draw they supporting :lol:

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » August 8th, 2012, 7:05 pm

BrotherHood wrote:
AbstractPoetic wrote:

When I say they did not perform their best, I speak on the average times. How can you clock in at a faster time in your trials and semis but revert back to a time subpar to your average in your FINALS?

What happened to Kai Selvon? Jehue Gordon? Semoy Hackett? George Bovell?? And then folks want to make stink when The Guardian make it headline news that an athlete came in dead last? How it's not congratulating his or her efforts? Come on, man.

One's best doesnt' come in every race. As I said, soemtimes it just doesn't work out for you. A bad start, stumble in the drive phase, bad transition from drive phase into running upright, alot of things can go wrong at the moment and infront of hundreds of thousands, flashing lights everywhere and knowing to yourself that this is the world's biggest stage, nerves can and do get the better of some athletes. How do I know? I know some of the atghletes personally and i've represented this country as a junior in athletics. The levels are not the best comparison but nerves is nerves. Some athletes handle it better than others. You run at your best when you are relaxed so this would attribute to an athlete clocking their personal best or even a national record in the event.

I know what you will say; a professional athlete should be able to put it together better when it matters, or something of the sorts.
While that may be true, your average best just does not come everyday as an athlete.

this

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » August 8th, 2012, 7:49 pm

the biggest failure is the million they pay that soca star to sing nonsense

Crucial
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Crucial » August 8th, 2012, 7:52 pm

pugboy wrote:99% of our athletes got most of their competitive training via the US university route, incl Grenadian James.

Jehue Gordon is the exception

hustla_ambition101 wrote:BTW how much T&T athletes train here, because last I heard a lot of them are on scholarship in the US.

And also this. Blaming it on our piss poor sporting facilities isn't going to win an argument - nearly all of our current Olympic athletes don't use them anyway.

TriP
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby TriP » August 8th, 2012, 8:48 pm

Tomorrow's schedule (09-08-2012) for our TT Olympic athletes in London
Attachments
p.jpg

BrotherHood
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby BrotherHood » August 8th, 2012, 9:04 pm

^^ I thought Renny Quow was out of the 4x4 relay?

triniangie
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby triniangie » August 9th, 2012, 6:46 am

Round1 Heat1 - Men's 4x400 - we placed 1st wit a time of 3:00:38!

<=xjemler=>
30 pounds of Boost

Postby <=xjemler=> » August 9th, 2012, 7:15 am

triniangie wrote:Round1 Heat1 - Men's 4x400 - we placed 1st wit a time of 3:00:38!

Finals 2mrw :arrow:

firstchoicett
Riding on 16's

Postby firstchoicett » August 9th, 2012, 7:23 am

pugboy wrote:the biggest failure is the million they pay that soca star to sing nonsense

x2

cornfused
30 pounds of Boost

Postby cornfused » August 9th, 2012, 7:24 am

Into the final in a new national record 3.00.38 , but we need to get a significantly better time if we are to medal

England slowed to register that same time of 3:00.38 , our first and third legs could have been better

The two other wining teams from group b recorded 2:58.87

If we are to take these times its a fight for a bronze medal are we are not wining that fight . However a good show today but a better showing in the final( if possible ) and we have a chance.

triniangie
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby triniangie » August 9th, 2012, 7:28 am

looking at the times - maybe even a medal!

Go Team T&T!!!

Looking forward to the women's run later :)

searchingone
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby searchingone » August 9th, 2012, 7:31 am

Men's 4 x 400m Final is tomorrow at 4:20pm local time.

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » August 9th, 2012, 7:46 am

all this bachannal in this thread,d arse is this,btw wa time is the 200m finals today? and pioneer you need to stop being ah racist dan.

dougla_boy
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby dougla_boy » August 9th, 2012, 7:47 am

why AP does hadda come with them kinda talks boy? ruin a ched?

i sure AP is the first one to jump and bawl, " das meh boy from school, i shuda let him just put d head in" when/if they win a medal? :roll: :roll:

anyways, TnT all the way !!!

Skanky
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Skanky » August 9th, 2012, 8:26 am

I 100% agree with AP and Pioneer.Trinis just downright don't know what excellence is and how to achieve it because we live in a society where mediocrity is the norm and accepted.

I personally know an athlete representing us right now at the olympics who around 10am was buying breakfast of fried bake and saltfish and a large sugary juice.On top of that I asked where the athlete was headed next and I was told training.....dais excellence?On top of that the athlete was late for training.....dais excellence?

Another time all of trinidad gearing up for world cup football qualifier,important match for us and I see a player buying KFC for lunch.....dais excellence?

Until we as a society stop breeding,condoning and accepting mediocrity from the top to the bottom of society, we will forever be nothing more than a land of wasted,unrealised potential.

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » August 9th, 2012, 9:34 am

Skanky wrote:I 100% agree with AP and Pioneer.Trinis just downright don't know what excellence is and how to achieve it because we live in a society where mediocrity is the norm and accepted.

I personally know an athlete representing us right now at the olympics who around 10am was buying breakfast of fried bake and saltfish and a large sugary juice.On top of that I asked where the athlete was headed next and I was told training.....dais excellence?On top of that the athlete was late for training.....dais excellence?

Another time all of trinidad gearing up for world cup football qualifier,important match for us and I see a player buying KFC for lunch.....dais excellence?

Until we as a society stop breeding,condoning and accepting mediocrity from the top to the bottom of society, we will forever be nothing more than a land of wasted,unrealised potential.

can you do better than any of those athletes you talking about?

TRAE
punchin NOS

Postby TRAE » August 9th, 2012, 9:39 am

firstchoicett wrote:
pugboy wrote:the biggest failure is the million they pay that soca star to sing nonsense

x2

but ah sure yuh rather foreign artists ent---- stueps

secondly i see people rel defending we "stars", is we self that does promote that chupidness, we reach finals and come last o...k... doh pay them plenty instead upgrade the facilities to train, but give them their recognition nah, is the top athletes they battling. If a man get a medal then compensate him to suit, at the same time that is not to say give all ah dem 1mil eh... cause if yuh place last well if you get a million then the next time you go up you eh go perform yuh bess.

buh i hate to hear them people talking bout meh soca and calypso music and banging foreign music all day. allyuh need to move jed.
just my take :)

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » August 9th, 2012, 10:04 am

it was not necessary, no other country contracted a singer to make up a song for their athletes
this is in the same category as the $2m flags

that money could have been used for better use, corruption or not

we still in the never see/come see age of this nonsense
naming airplane and all that kind of stupidness

TRAE wrote:
firstchoicett wrote:

x2

but ah sure yuh rather foreign artists ent---- stueps

sharkman121
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby sharkman121 » August 9th, 2012, 10:09 am

Skanky wrote:I 100% agree with AP and Pioneer.Trinis just downright don't know what excellence is and how to achieve it because we live in a society where mediocrity is the norm and accepted.

this is the basis on which you make yr statements? that you macco and see some athlete eating kfc or bake and saltfish for lunch?

Waste of time post. :roll:

firstchoicett
Riding on 16's

Postby firstchoicett » August 9th, 2012, 10:25 am

The government spend too much money on shiet while poor people suffering . What we need to spend so much on independence ? Which other government in the world spend millions on a anniversary ?

S_2NR
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby S_2NR » August 9th, 2012, 10:37 am

firstchoicett wrote:The government spend too much money on shiet while poor people suffering . What we need to spend so much on independence ? Which other government in the world spend millions on a anniversary ?

There is a thread for this already

Ronaldo95163
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ronaldo95163 » August 9th, 2012, 10:55 am

AP is an American now guize. Sure she coassin d fresh water yankee accent as well :|

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”