TriniTuner 24-7

Re: ***Official 2012 olympics thread***

Postby rfari » August 15th, 2012, 1:54 pm

habit7, u could be a rell kokolooks when u ready. stewps

cornfused
30 pounds of Boost

Postby cornfused » August 15th, 2012, 1:56 pm

Re: Darryl Brown, some may say the early success went to his mind or the lack of discipline lead to his unfulfilled potential . For someone who delivered gold at 2 successive Word Youth Championships in 2001 . Broke the 10 second barrier at age 20. Really what happened ?

Mark Burns 2 years older than Brown also broke the 10 sec barrier at 22 and is a very solid sprinter who continues to deliver the goods he made the transition well . Though not the fastest is still a key man in our relay team and can often find the podium at a 100m meet some where.

S_2NR
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby S_2NR » August 15th, 2012, 1:58 pm

rfari wrote:habit7, u could be a rell kokolooks when u ready. stewps

:?

why

rfari
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rfari » August 15th, 2012, 2:02 pm

S_2NR wrote:
rfari wrote:habit7, u could be a rell kokolooks when u ready. stewps

:?

why

fun was to be had on that newspaper article

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » August 15th, 2012, 2:03 pm

Allyuh PNM baliser wavers only trying to make Kamla look bad!

Manning announced a holiday after we beat Bahrain in 2006 at the same 7pm before the holiday and none of allyuh complained!

djaggs
Riding on 17's

Postby djaggs » August 15th, 2012, 2:05 pm

As long as Bolt around...the most we cud hope to do is make up numbers. Bolt is de boss right now.

rfari
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rfari » August 15th, 2012, 2:05 pm

Dizzy28 wrote:Anyone know whatever happen to Darrel Brown? He was in the same World Juniors as Bolt...was the World Junior record holder in the 100m but nothing from him in what should be his prime.

heard that he still receiving hundreds of thousands of dollars a year from the elite athlete scholarship fund. and i can't recall the last time he represented the country. what a waste

djaggs
Riding on 17's

Postby djaggs » August 15th, 2012, 2:08 pm

This is a public relations government. They specialize in PR....dais all.

Morpheus
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Morpheus » August 15th, 2012, 7:45 pm

Dizzy28 wrote:Anyone know whatever happen to Darrel Brown? He was in the same World Juniors as Bolt...was the World Junior record holder in the 100m but nothing from him in what should be his prime.

^^He peaked early and never improved after that. He seems done a long time now. Yes he had an injury but............

firstchoicett
Riding on 16's

Postby firstchoicett » August 15th, 2012, 7:57 pm

djaggs wrote:As long as Bolt around...the most we cud hope to do is make up numbers. Bolt is de boss right now.

you never know nah in the future men might to 8's on the track. Very soon the record he set 9.58 might get broken . The world is full of great people some don't know there true power yet .

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » August 15th, 2012, 9:52 pm

^ bolt is ah legend he said it,we noe it,but he also admitted that come 2016,eet have those who could beat him (Blake) so we go see

BrotherHood
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Bringing HID & LED to a location near you! 355-3165. 704-5442 (WhatsApp).

Postby BrotherHood » August 15th, 2012, 11:53 pm

Darrel Brown has been plauged with injury season after season. Since his silver medal at the 2003 World Championships(he was still a junior), he has not done anything or recognition since. He has had it extremely rough since then. Everytime he seems to getting back to his best along comes a hamstring injury.

The last time he represented T&T was at the Beijing 2008 Olympics. he was apart of the relay team that copped silver behind Jamaica.

IMO, if Darrel ever gets back to form in the remainder of his career, he will be the best our T&T sprinters.

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » August 16th, 2012, 2:23 pm

yall read the keston bledman article today?

UML
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby UML » August 22nd, 2012, 9:10 am

Motorcade for Keshorn Walcott to Gilbert Park today at 12 noon

firstchoicett
Riding on 16's

Postby firstchoicett » August 22nd, 2012, 10:37 am

Don't know if I'm going cause a lot of bad weather here.

S_2NR
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby S_2NR » August 22nd, 2012, 3:03 pm

UML wrote:Motorcade for Keshorn Walcott to Gilbert Park today at 12 noon

how much motorcade these ppl want :?

djaggs
Riding on 17's

Postby djaggs » August 22nd, 2012, 3:36 pm

They just passed in front my office:

djaggs
Riding on 17's

Postby djaggs » August 22nd, 2012, 10:02 pm

I went to gilbert park to see them and asked Keshorn for one more picture. When I looked at his face the poor guy looked really weary and like he didnt want to be there. He was surrounded by people trying to get pictures with him.

I felt sorry for the guy and didnt press for the picture.

I can imagine how difficult it must be for a simlple humble guy like himself to be suddenly thrust into the limelight like that. I hope the give him a break and let him concentrate on his training.

You the vultures are gonna surround him now...hoping his popularity will rub off on them.

UML

Postby UML » September 1st, 2012, 8:31 am

djaggs wrote:I went to gilbert park to see them and asked Keshorn for one more picture. When I looked at his face the poor guy looked really weary and like he didnt want to be there. He was surrounded by people trying to get pictures with him.

I felt sorry for the guy and didnt press for the picture.

I can imagine how difficult it must be for a simlple humble guy like himself to be suddenly thrust into the limelight like that. I hope the give him a break and let him concentrate on his training.

You the vultures are gonna surround him now...hoping his popularity will rub off on them.

heard someone criticising the govt saying that they gallavanting him all over the place and he should be training to achieve more :? and not in a motorcade all over the country. they also mentioned he shouldnt be in the mortorcade but doing little ads for sport brands like nike and ting......i think they feel these companies line up to give him contracts :| .They also mentioned that people (not sure if the govt or citizenry) saying that he should go get some speech lessons (i didnt hear this at all eh..if anyone read it anywhere please post a link) so that he could do public speaking for motivational purposes. the person said it is expected from him as an athlete growing up in the country and it should be accepted because that was what he is.

wah allyuh think about this?

Well I for one dont see nothing really wrong with taking a month off training to meet the people of your country who are so happy and proud of your achievement and want to show you their love.....after all motorcades to celebrate a athletes success is the norm here....it was done for Brian Lara, Ato Boldon, Richard Thompson, Soca Warriors? (not sure) and he had more than three years to train anyway for the next olympics....dont see how much improvement he can make in one month.

then about the speech lessons i think its a good idea actually.....its for his own personal development as a young man and a world known athlete doing international interviews. If we all think like this man we all would not try to better ourselves and develop ourselves to be better adults. I think that mentality has many of the PNM supporters like himself in the position they in...gimme gimme.

the only decision he made that I didnt agree with is to stay in T&T and train....i think he woulda develop better experience wise, mentally, educationally, opportunity-wise, etc. if he went abroad and studied and trained. mighta even get a lil advertising contract for nike or something..yuh never know.

maybe i biased....wah allyuh think?

Morpheus
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Morpheus » September 1st, 2012, 11:56 pm

:lol: Was waiting for it..........

UML wrote: I think that mentality has many of the PNM supporters like himself in the position they in...gimme gimme.

Knew you had to stick it in there either by the hook or the crook.

Your post was worth reading until I reach that. :roll:

Did not continue reading....

UML

Postby UML » September 2nd, 2012, 8:37 am

Morpheus wrote::lol: Was waiting for it..........

UML wrote: I think that mentality has many of the PNM supporters like himself in the position they in...gimme gimme.

Knew you had to stick it in there either by the hook or the crook.

Your post was worth reading until I reach that. :roll:

Did not continue reading....

ah lie?

the man find personal development negative :|

these fools live for today....they see as far as their noses...eat today beg tomorrow

they dont realise that the life of Keshorn has changed from the time the javlin hit the ground

remember 15 years from now when he stop being an athlete......he going to be a coach....or even better he will be a sports personality on espn (like shaka) or even get a big PR job like Hasely Crawford with NGC/ Petrotrin/ BP/ BG/ TSTT etc.

how he going to succeed saying "ah de dey dey"????

as i said you and ppl like urself cant see beyond ur noses :wink:

btw he fighting down PP but the PNM never acknowledge Hasley Crawford success...it was the UNC and the PP still doing it up to TODAY.....take dat and smoke it cause ah know it grinding allyuh!!! :mrgreen:

PNM DONT CARE FOR THEIR OWN!!!

ppl so petty...the man making it big and the ppl in Toco say he forget them already!!! steups
Last edited by UML on September 2nd, 2012, 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

firstchoicett
Riding on 16's

Postby firstchoicett » September 2nd, 2012, 8:43 am

PEeNM no one spend so much of money like that. Or UML they care for there own lot look at the Brain Lara Doom over 1.7 billion they spend nothing to show? Where d money gone ?

UML

Postby UML » September 2nd, 2012, 9:12 am

Shaka Hislop eh make it by chance yuh know?!!!! He eh working ESPN because he is the best goalkeeper...because clearly he wasnt.

He get through with ESPN because he is one of the few athletes in the world that have a degree............he took advantage of the opportunity given to him and made the most of it........the man have a degree in mechanical engineering.

He improved himself.

Morpheus
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Morpheus » September 3rd, 2012, 3:13 am

UML I agree with the speaking correctly bit. Remember early Chanderpaul?

Is the broken record I can't take. Yes we know you hate Manning, Rowley, PNM, Laventille, Beetham, etc. Fine we accept that. Just don't mention it EVERYTIME. Come on. RIPEBREDFRUIT & zoomraider too

Same for whoever hate PP, UNC, NJAC, etc. This is an Olympic thread!

Keshorn just needs a good coach and mentor. A good coach/ mentor would encourage him to speak properly or do some kind of public speaking course. We can all see it's not in his nature to be in the spotlight but as mentioned before, once that javelin hit the ground, his life was changed.

After all we don't want another speech like this trash

Morpheus
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Morpheus » September 3rd, 2012, 3:18 am

as i said you and ppl like urself cant see beyond ur noses

Wait nah....Is me you throwing that for? LoL. Dude you don't even know me.

Will not waste my time on that

Morpheus
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Morpheus » September 3rd, 2012, 3:21 am

LoL. I just read the rest of your "reply". I done with you yes.

Haha. From now on I will read your posts for amusement and wow factorism
*wheeze

djaggs
Riding on 17's

Postby djaggs » September 3rd, 2012, 10:50 am

Who remember Claude "buss meh mouth" Noel ?

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”