Forums

Minister of Sport: No land for motorsport without unity

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

frustr8ed
Street 2NR

Re: Minister of Sport: No land for motorsport without unity

Postby frustr8ed » May 16th, 2012, 9:21 am

Link why don't you just answer the simple questions with simple answers?

Who is the treasurer of TTASA?
Or is it that TTASA has no treasurer? Who is handling all the money being collected?

You want to claim incorrect information is being posted here yet your president was lying on national TV claiming only 1 club not affiliated to TTASA

link
18 pounds of Boost

Postby link » May 16th, 2012, 11:05 am

frustr8ed wrote:Link why don't you just answer the simple questions with simple answers?

Or is it that TTASA has no treasurer? Who is handling all the money being collected?

You want to claim incorrect information is being posted here yet your president was lying on national TV claiming only 1 club not affiliated to TTASA

here goes...:

P l e a s e...
r e f e r...
t o...
y o u r...
a f f i l i a t e...
o r g a n i s a t i o n's...
r e p r e s e n t a t i v e...
f o r...
i n f o r m a t i o n...

:idea:

FugiTECH
punchin NOS

Postby FugiTECH » May 16th, 2012, 11:12 am

:roll:
Attachments
TTASA holding back.png

16 cycles
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby 16 cycles » May 16th, 2012, 11:18 am

link wrote:here goes...:

P l e a s e...
r e f e r...
t o...
y o u r...
a f f i l i a t e...
f o r...
i n f o r m a t i o n...

who is the body appointed to oversee motorsports in T&T?

SR
Chief Cook & Instigator

Postby SR » May 16th, 2012, 11:21 am

link wrote:
frustr8ed wrote:Link why don't you just answer the simple questions with simple answers?

here goes...:

P l e a s e...
r e f e r...
t o...
y o u r...
a f f i l i a t e...
f o r...
i n f o r m a t i o n...

in other words
ZERO ACCOUNTABILITY to anyone but themselves

this has been TTASA's motto from inception

dont question TTASA just do as they say yet they want government funding...........from TAXPAYERS pocket

please send my tax money to benefit healthcare and not TTASA staff

crazybalhead
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby crazybalhead » May 16th, 2012, 11:22 am

SR
Chief Cook & Instigator

Postby SR » May 16th, 2012, 11:32 am

balhead dem old farts dont know anything about proper company/club management and accountability

they still living in the 60's and 70's where they ran it like a dictatorship

hence thier demise from the 80's with the splitting of opinions regarding drag racing and circuit and drag racing went off on thier own

now that circuit racing is dead thanks to themsleves for thinking that they caould squat on wallerfield forever and spent the monies made on themselves to travel the world under the guise of motorsport they now want to cash in on possible incomes from drag racing and take control

all the years of FIA my ass

at which point in time has any track or event run by TTASA met safety standards set out by FIA
Link best response is always a song and dance because he knows the amount of wool they pulling over the public's eyes

thats what ttasa is really good at
fooling the unsuspecting public

link
18 pounds of Boost

Postby link » May 16th, 2012, 3:47 pm

SR wrote:balhead dem old farts dont know anything about proper company/club management and accountability

they still living in the 60's and 70's where they ran it like a dictatorship

hence thier demise from the 80's with the splitting of opinions regarding drag racing and circuit and drag racing went off on thier own

now that circuit racing is dead thanks to themsleves for thinking that they caould squat on wallerfield forever and spent the monies made on themselves to travel the world under the guise of motorsport they now want to cash in on possible incomes from drag racing and take control

all the years of FIA my ass

at which point in time has any track or event run by TTASA met safety standards set out by FIA
Link best response is always a song and dance because he knows the amount of wool they pulling over the public's eyes

thats what ttasa is really good at
fooling the unsuspecting public

dread_2002
Sweet on this forum

Postby dread_2002 » May 16th, 2012, 3:57 pm

Take dat! i dont care ban meh!
Attachments
TUNA.JPG
TUNA.JPG (32.97 KiB) Viewed 1517 times

gt4tified
punchin NOS

Postby gt4tified » May 16th, 2012, 4:21 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
X2 wrote:Duane, you telling a man that he is typing for typing's sake and all his questions have been answered before to others ? Well it must be news to us that EVERYTHING being discussed here has been discussed before and we should all STFU and free up bandwidth.
not at all! I encourage everyone to post their opinion here

but more than a few times gt4tified asked a question when the answer was posted a few posts up. Like the last post he made in here asking where is Autosport when I posted the acronyms a few posts before showing ARA is Autosport Racing Association.

I thought I was posting in vain!

More than a few times you say? Hmmmmm......how often does the general content of this entire thread come up? I admit my last question about ARA was made without noticing the list of acronyms you posted, but to compare that to my previous posts is not imo fair, especially when many of my questions were posed rhetorically in context of me expressing an opinion.

frustr8ed
Street 2NR

Postby frustr8ed » May 16th, 2012, 5:03 pm

TTASA cannot answer straightforward questions, don't expect to make progress with rhetorical ones.

link wrote:

here goes...:

P l e a s e...
r e f e r...
t o...
y o u r...
a f f i l i a t e...
f o r...
i n f o r m a t i o n...

You are full of it Link.
The names of the executive members of TTASA cannot be privileged information that only TTASA members and affiliate representatives will know.

No one in TTUNDRA knows who the treasurer of TTASA is.

FugiTECH
punchin NOS

Postby FugiTECH » May 18th, 2012, 7:44 am

It seems that the only way our generation will race on a proper facility, is if we go foreign , look at how long its taking just to get Unity , what about how long itll take for a track to build self , seems as all we can hope is for our Children or Grandchildren to get a place to race because for sure the Persons responsible for holding us back will either be Too Old or Long Gone by then, its the onliest possible way in my eyes, God Forbid theres no more upcoming ones who thinks like them though.

So lets hope a miracle happens :(

yes im cold hearted but they are as well

Computerman
Riding on 18's

Postby Computerman » May 18th, 2012, 12:37 pm

link wrote:
Computerman wrote:
professor wrote:TTASA have elections also, as per their constitution.
Good to know you are familiar with TTASA's constitution. BTW, what is the role of the Trustees in the TTASA constitution?

BTW, the NSO/NGB for Motorsport does not have to be ASN. TTASA is just using that as one of their 'selling points' to the poor souls who don't know better.

I'm suprised yuh pardners who standing on d side bleating, have not corrected your statement, ESPECIALLY SINCE THEY WERE ALL PRESENT AT THE MEETING (LAST YEAR) WHEN MSYA LEGAL COUNSEL STATED OTHERWISE.
No, I will not post what was said since YOU ARE THE ONE 'SELLIN' SOMETHING...I will let 'yuh pardners' supply that info.
& please don't beat up on professor......ask him to explain his points in a simpler manner...
rgds
I stand by my statement "the poor souls who don't know better!" This statement is not directed to any particular person or group, but it by no means limits it's relevance to persons beyond these forums.

So Link, using the logic of the MSYA Legal Council, what would exempt the TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO AUTOMOBILE ASSOCIATION from being named the new NGB when the TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO AUTOMOBILE SPORTS ASSOCIATION loses this status?

FugiTECH
punchin NOS

Postby FugiTECH » May 25th, 2012, 7:40 pm

Who WAS WATCHING TV6 just now

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » May 25th, 2012, 7:45 pm

What happened?

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » May 25th, 2012, 7:53 pm

^ there was supposed to be an interview with the heads of TTRC, TTKA, CARS and ARA on CNC3
The interview took place on Wednesday night at the Drag + Wind briefing meeting
I believe it was done to in response to TTASA's President claiming that it was TTRC alone who was not an affiliate and holding back progress.

Computerman
Riding on 18's

Postby Computerman » May 25th, 2012, 8:18 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:^ there was supposed to be an interview with the heads of TTRC, TTKA, CARS and ARA on CNC3
I believe it was done to in response to TTASA's President claiming that it was TTRC alone who was not an affiliate and holding back progress.
Correct. That was at MOSPORT.

But TTASA were contacted after this meeting and their President responded. Ali confirmed that all other "recognized" Motorsport bodies must be under TTASA (affiliates). He also stated that CARS and ARA cannot, I repeat, "CANNOT" be affiliated with TTASA because they are not recognized by FIA. As for TTKA, he says they never showed any interest in joining. I wonder why?
Ali is really raising the bar of 'arrogance' well beyond anything I thought possible.

link
18 pounds of Boost

Postby link » May 25th, 2012, 9:26 pm

Computerman wrote:
So Link, using the logic of the MSYA Legal Council, what would exempt the TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO AUTOMOBILE ASSOCIATION from being named the new NGB...... TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO AUTOMOBILE SPORTS ASSOCIATION ......?

that ONE word...
http://fia.com/en-GB/mobility/policy/Pa ... entre.aspx
http://fia.com/en-GB/sport/Pages/Introduction.aspx

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » May 25th, 2012, 9:36 pm

Computerman wrote:
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:^ there was supposed to be an interview with the heads of TTRC, TTKA, CARS and ARA on CNC3

But TTASA were contacted after this meeting and their President responded. Ali confirmed that all other "recognized" Motorsport bodies must be under TTASA (affiliates). He also stated that CARS and ARA cannot, I repeat, "CANNOT" be affiliated with TTASA because they are not recognized by FIA. As for TTKA, he says they never showed any interest in joining. I wonder why?
Ali is really raising the bar of 'arrogance' well beyond anything I thought possible.

I'm confused, what does he think is not recognized by FIA? Autocross?

Computerman
Riding on 18's

Postby Computerman » May 25th, 2012, 10:00 pm

link wrote:
Computerman wrote:
So Link, using the logic of the MSYA Legal Council, what would exempt the TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO AUTOMOBILE ASSOCIATION from being named the new NGB...... TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO AUTOMOBILE SPORTS ASSOCIATION ......?

that ONE word...
http://fia.com/en-GB/mobility/policy/Pa ... entre.aspx
http://fia.com/en-GB/sport/Pages/Introduction.aspx

I was really hoping you would post that! I understand the difference. But the reality of the situation is that the MSYA are more than satisfied with the way things are, since it costs them nothing!

pete wrote:
Computerman wrote:

I'm confused, what does he think is not recognized by FIA? Autocross?
Carpark racing. :oops:

link
18 pounds of Boost

Postby link » May 26th, 2012, 12:18 am

so I repost for computerman's & (hopefully) others' benefit :-

http://fia.com/en-GB/the-fia/governance ... mms-wg.pdf

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » May 26th, 2012, 8:59 am

Even though there's no "Committee / Working Group" you do know that FIA has a European Autocross Championship and in the US, the ACCUS affiliated club SCCA puts on many Autocross events right? I hope you're not implying by posting that list that Autocross is not a form of motor sports acknowledged by the FIA.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » May 26th, 2012, 12:51 pm

here is the interview from Wednesday night

MSATT I guess should be MATT

in the preview from left to right are: Genevieve Nath President of CARS (Solodex), Barry Mckenzie President of TTRC (the club that has Rally Trinidad), Rawle Mahabir Autosport Racing Association (Drag + Wind) and Ryan Pinheiro TTKA (karting association)

They are saying that they are not arguing among each other and they want unity but they want it in democratic manner where everyone is at the same level.

taken from http://www.cnc3.co.tt/content/motor-rac ... k-together

saltydog
CARS Member

Postby saltydog » May 26th, 2012, 1:17 pm

The interview was kinda strange with all the noise, we could hardly hear the interviewer. However the point of the matter is we are all (TTRC, TTKA, CARS, ARA) running successful championship racing series.
We want to join an organization that allows for those of us with the experience, transparency and qualifications to have a say in how it is run. Without a democratic vote I for one would not sign on to have someone with a bad track record to have control over how we do things.
It is unfortunate that a small group of people are hampering the development of the sport. We however, without them are growing and will continue to do so. Together however we could do so much more, I hope in my lifetime I can see unity and a properly organized facility for our very talented people.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » May 26th, 2012, 2:18 pm

question,
is he govt of T&T required to follow FIA guidelines for all auto sporting disciplines ?
for sports like football it is automatic that governments follow what FIFA says but
nobody said that was supposed to be concrete.

btw FIFA is a private club with no accountability to anybody yet taking money from govts for their various country football associations

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » May 26th, 2012, 3:06 pm

FIA would not be very different from FIFA

I don't think anything is wrong with FIA at all. F1 and WRC are FIA sanctioned and we all love those events.

I think the issue for the local clubs is that they want to be able to vote and have a say in the affairs of the NGB which represents their sport. They will not join TTASA right now because joining will mean they end up below TTASA and will not be able to vote in affairs of the NGB.

Which I why I feel the solution is to make the general council the NGB and then everyone will join, including TTASA who will remain as the FIA ASN. However TTASA does not want to give up their NGB status.

Computerman
Riding on 18's

Postby Computerman » May 26th, 2012, 4:00 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote: Which I why I feel the solution is to make the general council the NGB and then everyone will join, including TTASA who will remain as the FIA ASN. However TTASA does not want to give up their NGB status.
This is precisely the problem.

But from TTASA's point of view why should they give up NGB status? After all it is not TTASA's mandate to represent anyone other than it's members and to a limited extent it's affiliates. They "hold all the cards" so what do they gain by relinquishing NGB status?

The MSYA is quite satisfied with the current situation as it relates to Motorsport. After all, it is not costing them anything.

As racers, we (I do not speak for all) are not looking for handouts from the Gov't. We just want to be respected and treated in a fair manner. We are seeking proper representation from a body which is transparent and accountable. We are ready and willing to work with any organisation that can provide this. For many we have found such bodies (eg. CARS, TTRC, TTKA, ARA to name a few) whom we are working with and will continue to work with despite repeated attempts by the NGB to discredit, ridicule and vilify these organizations, their management and members.

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » May 26th, 2012, 4:21 pm

Computerman wrote:
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote: Which I why I feel the solution is to make the general council the NGB and then everyone will join, including TTASA who will remain as the FIA ASN. However TTASA does not want to give up their NGB status.
This is precisely the problem.

But from TTASA's point of view why should they give up NGB status? After all it is not TTASA's mandate to represent anyone other than it's members and to a limited extent it's affiliates. They "hold all the cards" so what do they gain by relinquishing NGB status?

The MSYA is quite satisfied with the current situation as it relates to Motorsport. After all, it is not costing them anything.

As racers, we (I do not speak for all) are not looking for handouts from the Gov't. We just want to be respected and treated in a fair manner. We are seeking proper representation from a body which is transparent and accountable. We are ready and willing to work with any organisation that can provide this. For many we have found such bodies (eg. CARS, TTRC, TTKA, ARA to name a few) whom we are working with and will continue to work with despite repeated attempts by the NGB to discredit, ridicule and vilify these organizations, their management and members.

All well said and appreciated, but even going along "as is", are racers happy when that's the image of them, presented to the Government and the public at large?

FugiTECH
punchin NOS

Postby FugiTECH » May 26th, 2012, 4:26 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:FIA would not be very different from FIFA

I don't think anything is wrong with FIA at all. F1 and WRC are FIA sanctioned and we all love those events.

I think the issue for the local clubs is that they want to be able to vote and have a say in the affairs of the NGB which represents their sport. They will not join TTASA right now because joining will mean they end up below TTASA and will not be able to vote in affairs of the NGB.

Which I why I feel the solution is to make the general council the NGB and then everyone will join, including TTASA who will remain as the FIA ASN. However TTASA does not want to give up their NGB status.

I gonna use this to make a Flyer now

Computerman
Riding on 18's

Postby Computerman » May 26th, 2012, 4:55 pm

wagonrunner wrote:All well said and appreciated, but even going along "as is", are racers happy when that's the image of them, presented to the Government and the public at large?
This is how TTASA represents those whom "they don't represent!" By extension it reflects on those whom they do represent. But many racers do not care once "they have a place to race!"

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”