TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Do you support Gay Marriage in Trinidad & Tobago?

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Do you support Gay Marriage in Trinidad & Tobago?

Yes
27%
No
73%

Total votes: 302

Stephon.
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Do you support Gay Marriage in Trinidad & Tobago?

Postby Stephon. » May 14th, 2012, 12:25 pm

Gay marriage will be legalized by the next 5- 10 years.

Daran
Shifting into 6th

Postby Daran » May 14th, 2012, 12:30 pm

toyota2nr wrote:I think some people may be seeing it wrong. If you wanna be gay and bend down and take it up the hershey highway then big up to you and your man. More woman for me......*evil laugh*

If you gonna debate this then you cannot start by using religion. This is a moral and ethical issue not a religious one. Stop trying to quote the bible, quran, bhagavad gita etc.

If a gay man or woman wants to marry their partner then so be it once they don't intrude on my personal space or affect my life. Be gay in the privacy of your home not on streets.

Daran why is it that everyone who disagrees with this is labelled a bigot? Why is there this push that we must accept homosexuality? Why can't someone just disagree if they so desire?

Not labelling them as bigots....well maybe just the religious ones.

All I saying is that for the betterment of our society it is something we must face and deal with.

This in some ways is as important as important as crime as it affects ~5% of the population who face negative stigma and state sanctioned disadvantages due to the non recognition of gay rights in society.

Daran
Shifting into 6th

Postby Daran » May 14th, 2012, 12:30 pm

toyota2nr wrote:I think some people may be seeing it wrong. If you wanna be gay and bend down and take it up the hershey highway then big up to you and your man. More woman for me......*evil laugh*

If you gonna debate this then you cannot start by using religion. This is a moral and ethical issue not a religious one. Stop trying to quote the bible, quran, bhagavad gita etc.

If a gay man or woman wants to marry their partner then so be it once they don't intrude on my personal space or affect my life. Be gay in the privacy of your home not on streets.

Daran why is it that everyone who disagrees with this is labelled a bigot? Why is there this push that we must accept homosexuality? Why can't someone just disagree if they so desire?

Not labelling them as bigots....well maybe just the religious ones.

All I saying is that for the betterment of our society it is something we must face and deal with.

This in some ways is as important as important as crime as it affects ~5% of the population who face negative stigma and state sanctioned disadvantages due to the non recognition of gay rights in society.

toybago
3NE 2NR for life

Postby toybago » May 14th, 2012, 12:34 pm

Habit7 i agree with you almost 100%, but has anyone here did any research on how the brain really functions? with regards to the synapsis and the impulses that pass through them, and that EVERYTHING that happens to and in the body is controlled by the brain in some way? also that repeated stimulus (of the brain) be it (perceived)good or bad between age 0 - 5 that forms the foundation for an indevidual's personality?

Greypatch
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Greypatch » May 14th, 2012, 12:38 pm

Stephon. wrote:Gay marriage will be legalized by the next 5- 10 years.

right after the weed act of 2020

nemisis
punchin NOS

Postby nemisis » May 14th, 2012, 12:46 pm

saying they born that way makes it right? I know there has been research done showing pedophiles and serial killers could also be born that way, so once its not your children or family getting beat out or killed then there should be no problem with allowing them to carry on as their nature dictates not so?

Sky
punchin NOS

Postby Sky » May 14th, 2012, 12:46 pm

Daran wrote:
Rasc, you digging too deep for your own good.

For me an evil act has to a purposeful action where the doer is aware of the negative consequence.

Firstly, two conscenting adults doing stuff to each other sexually is NOT EVIL and has no effect on your life and is non of your business.

People who try to inflict emotional or physical pain on these people are EVIL

I know what you're getting at though. Morality is complicated, but look at this intelligently.

If people could not help being gay (as in they were proven to be born gay). And by them being gay, they did not affect you. How would could that be looked at as immoral or evil?

Gay sex is evil in the eyes of some religions.
Imposing your beliefs on others and not even mingling with those that don't agree with you is acceptable in some religions.
Evil is a relative word.

nemisis
punchin NOS

Postby nemisis » May 14th, 2012, 12:46 pm

Greypatch wrote:

that would bring in so much tourism eh!!

Daran
Shifting into 6th

Postby Daran » May 14th, 2012, 12:49 pm

Sky wrote:
Daran wrote:

For me an evil act has to a purposeful action where the doer is aware of the negative consequence.

Firstly, two conscenting adults doing stuff to each other sexually is NOT EVIL and has no effect on your life and is non of your business.

I know what you're getting at though. Morality is complicated, but look at this intelligently.

If people could not help being gay (as in they were proven to be born gay). And by them being gay, they did not affect you. How would could that be looked at as immoral or evil?

Imposing your beliefs on others and not even mingling with those that don't agree with you is acceptable in some religions.
Evil is a relative word.

LOL f*ck religion. They don't matter....sheesh

toybago
3NE 2NR for life

Postby toybago » May 14th, 2012, 12:49 pm

nemisis doh talt dem talk dey, tuners on here go hate on you.....lol

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » May 14th, 2012, 12:52 pm

Greypatch wrote:

Patch don't be surprised that it does become legal, gays here are doing what was done in the US many years ago, they are positioning themselves in positions that allow them to manipulate the media, social scenes and even the Judiciary and Legislature. They have gone a long way in having society accept and assimilate many of their traits as the norm, look at the effeminate manner and dress of many young men who are straight

Daran
Shifting into 6th

Postby Daran » May 14th, 2012, 12:53 pm

nemisis wrote:saying they born that way makes it right? I know there has been research done showing pedophiles and serial killers could also be born that way, so once its not your children or family getting beat out or killed then there should be no problem with allowing them to carry on as their nature dictates not so?

I was born with a gene that made me lactose intolerant does that make me evil?

Daran
Shifting into 6th

Postby Daran » May 14th, 2012, 12:54 pm

eliteauto wrote:
Greypatch wrote:

Patch don't be surprised that it does become legal, gays here are doing what was done in the US many years ago, they are positioning themselves in positions that allow them to manipulate the media, social scenes and even the Judiciary and Legislature. They have gone a long way in having society accept and assimilate many of their traits as the norm, look at the effeminate manner and dress of many young men who are straight

Yup, men like Vybz Kartel and dey tight pants go make all ah we gay.

nemisis
punchin NOS

Postby nemisis » May 14th, 2012, 12:56 pm

eliteauto wrote:
Greypatch wrote:

skinny jeans is devil thing, metrosexual is gateway homesexual :lol: :lol:

Scoobert Bauce
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Scoobert Bauce » May 14th, 2012, 12:57 pm

Daran wrote:
nemisis wrote:saying they born that way makes it right? I know there has been research done showing pedophiles and serial killers could also be born that way, so once its not your children or family getting beat out or killed then there should be no problem with allowing them to carry on as their nature dictates not so?

thaat dosent help your case. you can become lactose intolerant without genetics being involved.

UML
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby UML » May 14th, 2012, 1:01 pm

UML wrote:for all the people who cudnt care less or dont give a fcuk or a rats ass or not bothered.......one question.......do u have kids?

im guessing u dont

and if u do, how do u explain to your kids that this is normal or not?

even better.....at what age did ur learn about the birds and the bees....did ur parents have "the talk with u"?............did it include adam and steve? how would u rate or say how u grew up?

would you let you kid go out with his school friend together with his gay parents? or with his parents gay friends and gay couples who usually lime with them (the gay parents)?

wud you let your kid overnight by a friend who has gay parents?.....knowing fully well they have friends who visit who are gay couples as well and who always lime with them

:|

Sky
punchin NOS

Postby Sky » May 14th, 2012, 1:04 pm

Daran wrote:
Sky wrote:
Daran wrote:

Evil is a relative word.

Well then f*ck you lol. Ya dig? You just displayed the same "don't care about others" attitude they usually come with. You want others to understand you, or your friends or whatever, but "LOL f*ck religion. They don't matter" is the response when something is said on their behalf.

Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity.
- Albert Einstein.
This makes him the greatest man who ever lived.
Why?
Because if we can't relate, we hate, right?

RASC
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RASC » May 14th, 2012, 1:05 pm

Sky wrote:
Daran wrote:

Evil is a relative word.

This is what I've been trying to let him see for himself...but apparently I'm digging too deep for my own good. :lol:

No Daran, I think you're NOT intelligent enough to be using some of your words typed. You're using them with lots of loop holes and leaving gaping holes where mass levels of interpretation can infiltrate.

Re-Think your entire argument and try again. If this were law school, even a LGBT professor would fail you. Nice try tho.

Stephon.
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Stephon. » May 14th, 2012, 1:05 pm

If my daughter comes falls in love with a girl and wants to get married, or my son falls in love with a guy and wants to get married, I don't get why people would exactly be against it. Why be against someone's happiness? I understand when people say "I don't give a fk" but people that actually put in effort to be against it really makes me wonder, what homo raped you to male you develop such a hate for people that have absolutely no interest in you?

RASC
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RASC » May 14th, 2012, 1:08 pm

Sky wrote:
Daran wrote:
Sky wrote:
Daran wrote:

Evil is a relative word.

Well then f*ck you lol. Ya dig? You just displayed the same "don't care about others" attitude they usually come with. You want others to understand you, or your friends or whatever, but "LOL f*ck religion. They don't matter" is the response when something is said on their behalf.

Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity.
- Albert Einstein.
This makes him the greatest man who ever lived.
Why?
Because if we can't relate, we hate, right?

I had hope for this conversation, but the OP is clearly misguided.

dougla_boy
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby dougla_boy » May 14th, 2012, 1:09 pm

Stephon. wrote:If my daughter comes falls in love with a girl and wants to get married, or my son falls in love with a guy and wants to get married, I don't get why people would exactly be against it. Why be against someone's happiness? I understand when people say "I don't give a fk" but people that actually put in effort to be against it really makes me wonder, what homo raped you to male you develop such a hate for people that have absolutely no interest in you?

Scoobert Bauce
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Scoobert Bauce » May 14th, 2012, 1:10 pm

Stephon. wrote: I understand when people say "I don't give a fk" but people that actually put in effort to be against it really makes me wonder, what homo raped you to male you develop such a hate for people that have absolutely no interest in you?

Why Do you keep falling back on this? Did you get raped by a straight girl, and say "f*ck women"?

nemisis
punchin NOS

Postby nemisis » May 14th, 2012, 1:10 pm

Daran wrote:

In that case you cannot tolerate lactose as it's consumption would have an adverse effect. Are you implying there is an adverse effect to not acting upon these supposed homosexual desires. If you don't lay with a dude you going to have some kind of violent allergic reaction??

What about all those pedophiles in counselling or on sexual suppressants who not acting upon their basic desires as determined by their genes, should we also stop oppressing them?

Scoobert Bauce
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Scoobert Bauce » May 14th, 2012, 1:11 pm

but Stephon IDK if youre gay or not so dont take that question personally.

RASC
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RASC » May 14th, 2012, 1:12 pm

Stephon. wrote:If my daughter comes falls in love with a girl and wants to get married, or my son falls in love with a guy and wants to get married, I don't get why people would exactly be against it. Why be against someone's happiness? I understand when people say "I don't give a fk" but people that actually put in effort to be against it really makes me wonder, what homo raped you to male you develop such a hate for people that have absolutely no interest in you?

Stephon...in all honesty, it will be hard for you to take. Especially if it is your first born male.
No matter how open minded you are... Inside I'm pretty sure you'd be wondering "where did I fail as a parent".

Why? Because parents, have an uncanny ability (as is VERY evident by the many arguments that many of us have with our parents today :lol:) to predict and sculpt your ENTIRE life for you, before you even exited the womb. Trust me, when you start having kids, you'll do the same.

mitsu_chick941
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby mitsu_chick941 » May 14th, 2012, 1:12 pm

So you guys who like anal......are you consider gay cuz u like to shove some gyul sh!t in?

Scoobert Bauce
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Scoobert Bauce » May 14th, 2012, 1:14 pm

There's lots of arguments for the "born this way" logic its just that the idiots who argue for it are too dumb too find it lol.

RASC
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RASC » May 14th, 2012, 1:23 pm

What I dont get is this... Typical Convo:

"They were born this way :cry: "

So where's the proof...scientific proof?

"Well it ummm, has not come out just yet, but it's in the works, and I've seen some of the findings"

Okay...this sounds vaguely familiar...you ask them for proof and they cant produce scientific evidence...sounds just like RELIGION, the same people who you chant down not so?

"errr"

...and if there is scientific proof...why aren't the world's top med schools teaching this as yet? :?

"blank stare"

EXACTLY :wink:

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » May 14th, 2012, 1:24 pm

Habit7 wrote:1. The Homosexual Lobby that is increasing in growth in our sweet land, on discussion on the topic wants religion to be removed from any reasoning. So someone's moral compass that is influenced by +2,000 year old book that has revolutionise the world and shaped our legal structure is nullified compared to someone whose moral compass is influenced by reruns of Will & Grace.

2. How do stable homosexual relationships benefit T&T? Stable heterosexual relationships are a seed bed for homes where children are brought up with moral and national values that ensure the continuance of our nation. Gay marriage would reduce our needed positive birth rate for the aging population we have and alternatives such adoption and surrogacy would just "kick the can down the road" to another generation to face the same problems of a reducing heterosexual relationships.

3. In an effort to correct one form of perceived discrimination, is there going to be religious persecution? If there is a religious leader or organisation that refuses to perform a homosexual marriage, would they be hauled to the Equal Opportunity Commission? Would a counsellor who refuses to help a troubled gay couple commit a hate crime? Or since most orphanages are religious based what if gay couple cries foul because they will not allow them to adopt a child?

I stop myself here, I hope amid the "bun batty man" and "religious wingnut" comments people would understand that just as many homosexuals have a moral stance against incest there are many heterosexuals have a moral stance against homosexuality.

toybago wrote:Habit7 i agree with you almost 100%, but has anyone here did any research on how the brain really functions? with regards to the synapsis and the impulses that pass through them, and that EVERYTHING that happens to and in the body is controlled by the brain in some way? also that repeated stimulus (of the brain) be it (perceived)good or bad between age 0 - 5 that forms the foundation for an indevidual's personality?

I would love to see conclusive scientific proof of homosexuality but until then, there those that love to appeal to genetics for proof of a bent toward homosexuality and paedophilia.

Sky
punchin NOS

Postby Sky » May 14th, 2012, 1:34 pm

RASC wrote:
I had hope for this conversation, but the OP is clearly misguided.

Fail thread is fail.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”