Forums

US pet food recalled after 70-plus deaths

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

US pet food recalled after 70-plus deaths

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » January 15th, 2021, 10:10 am

US company Midwestern Pet Foods has recalled five of its products after it caused the deaths of over 70 animals and illnesses in others.

On December 30, the company recalled its Sportmix products. In a release, it said this was “due to tests indicating levels of Aflatoxin that exceed acceptable limits."

It explained, “Aflatoxin is a toxin produced by the mold Aspergillus flavus, which can grow on corn and other grains used as ingredients in pet food. At high levels, aflatoxin can cause illness and death in pets.

“There have been reports of illnesses and deaths in dogs associated with the below listed lots of Sportmix High Energy. No cat or human illnesses have been reported. We are cooperating with the FDA regarding this matter and sincerely apologise to the families that this situation has affected.”

On Tuesday, it added four other products to the recall list: Pro Pac Originals, Splash, Sportstrail, and Nunn Better dry dog and cat foods produced at its Oklahoma kitchen “with an expiration date on or before July 9, 2022.

http://newsday.co.tt/2021/01/14/us-pet- ... us-deaths/

12358280-732x1024.jpg

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: US pet food recalled after 70-plus deaths

Postby VexXx Dogg » January 15th, 2021, 10:15 am

sheeeiit

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » January 15th, 2021, 11:01 am

Purina for the win yes...for now

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » January 15th, 2021, 11:06 am

hmmm never heard of d brand or used it ...

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » January 15th, 2021, 12:53 pm

Rovin wrote:hmmm never heard of d brand or used it ...

ProPac is fairly popular - no?

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » January 15th, 2021, 2:17 pm

Damn....

I have been using ProPac for about 3 years now and havent had any issues.

As of lately, my high bred German Shepherd has had a sneezy runny nose for 3 weeks now and is now recovering through anti biotics (Clavomid 625 and Dexamethasone).

I used the ProPac because the initially preferred higher line brands did not agree with his stomach and allergies.

This is really of a concern now.

Monk BANzai
3NE 2NR Moderator
Location: 2 Laws of 2NR. 1. You can't turn a hoe into a housewife. 2. The Streets are Undefeated.

Postby Monk BANzai » January 15th, 2021, 2:32 pm

i've weaned off my dogs from Processed Pet food since 2018..... i feed them Price-smart rice and their Chicken back combo and round robin it with raw liver (no rice)...

Two days rice/back.

Two days Raw meat.

Your pets will thanks you for it.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » January 15th, 2021, 2:35 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:

my dog is a mongrel mixed with rott , not a fussy eater : eats anything from pumpkin n roti come back :lol: , she loves to eat ppl food more than dog chow ... never bought high end food for her :oops: so i wouldnt know

Monk BANzai
3NE 2NR Moderator
Location: 2 Laws of 2NR. 1. You can't turn a hoe into a housewife. 2. The Streets are Undefeated.

Postby Monk BANzai » January 15th, 2021, 2:43 pm

Rovin wrote:
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:

my dog is a mongrel mixed with rott , not a fussy eater : eats anything from pumpkin n roti come back :lol: , she loves to eat ppl food more than dog chow ... never bought high end food for her :oops: so i wouldnt know

like humans...dogs require a variant of food... sticking to "one brand" is like feeding them doubles everyday. Which is why Mongrels are generally longer livers.. the variant of food they take in being "on the streets"...

in 2018 when one of meh babies developed a stomach bleed ( i dont feed them hard bone)...was due to an ulcer.... Vet told me to start varying the diet..and wean them off the "big brand" dog food.

have a colleague do the same with his fleet of Pits....He feeds them raw meat /slightly boiled meat (same time frame if you was cooking Broccoli...) only.... they all can easily pull a 2Jz block around his yard now... lol bugger actually spray painted "Doggie gym" on it...

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » January 15th, 2021, 2:58 pm

fully agree with u , along with ppl food i boil pet rice & a can of econo tuna\sardine in it & she loves it

she about 10yrs old & very recently gotten "rough hip bones" poor doggie hips get like ole ppl even though d rest of her body is fully healthy & she was always a brisk moving dog who never really walked but always running or moving busy , now she gotta take it slow ... :(

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » January 15th, 2021, 3:13 pm

I got 5 AKita /GSD mix .Cooking i not an option for me.I usually feed mine, Purina dog chow with either steamed chicken, sardines or the occasional sausage when they being fussy.That and all my blasted young pommecytheres from the tree.They don't eat the hard seed ones as it scratches their gums.What I found to be really good with them is Kenic powder occasionally in their food.They get a bit more energetic and their fur gets nice and shiny

aaron17
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby aaron17 » January 15th, 2021, 3:53 pm

Nevee knew that is sold here as well.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » January 16th, 2021, 10:09 am

timelapse wrote:I got 5 AKita /GSD mix .Cooking i not an option for me.I usually feed mine, Purina dog chow with either steamed chicken, sardines or the occasional sausage when they being fussy.That and all my blasted young pommecytheres from the tree.They don't eat the hard seed ones as it scratches their gums.What I found to be really good with them is Kenic powder occasionally in their food.They get a bit more energetic and their fur gets nice and shiny

render some lard from pig fat & add to the chow, and you can give them the pieces left from the rendering as treats, they love it.

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » January 16th, 2021, 12:01 pm

Sweet potato boil chicken some rice and lil Victor dog chow usually

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » January 17th, 2021, 6:22 am

88sins wrote:
timelapse wrote:I got 5 AKita /GSD mix .Cooking i not an option for me.I usually feed mine, Purina dog chow with either steamed chicken, sardines or the occasional sausage when they being fussy.That and all my blasted young pommecytheres from the tree.They don't eat the hard seed ones as it scratches their gums.What I found to be really good with them is Kenic powder occasionally in their food.They get a bit more energetic and their fur gets nice and shiny

render some lard from pig fat & add to the chow, and you can give them the pieces left from the rendering as treats, they love it.

Wifey don't want swine in she house

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » January 17th, 2021, 8:48 am

Well bai hard luck dey. But the pig lard really good for them, especially if you want them to gain weight and put a nice shine on the coat.

Anyone tried the new Alpha Wolf chow yet? Someone gave me a bag of the adult chow and a bag of the puppy chow to try the other day. Haven't fed it to the pack yet, but I admit it looking good actually much better compared to the purina and alpo and pedigree and several other imported brands.
Gonna try them on it this week and see what happens. If it agrees with them I'll maybe start adding a little to their usual raw diet long term, but I will probably be using it mostly for training rewards.

My main reason why I don't feed commercial dog food is because you never know what the hell they have in them, and a lot of the time in my experience the commercial food is crap and not good for them.

I_love_animals73
Riding on 13's

Postby I_love_animals73 » October 14th, 2021, 12:33 pm

Monk BANzai wrote:i've weaned off my dogs from Processed Pet food since 2018..... i feed them Price-smart rice and their Chicken back combo and round robin it with raw liver (no rice)...

Two days rice/back.

Two days Raw meat.

Your pets will thanks you for it.

(Hope I am doing this correctly, my first time).
Good day. Do you mean PriceSmart dog rice or human grade rice?
Is the meat steamed/slightly cooked?

I_love_animals73
Riding on 13's

Postby I_love_animals73 » October 14th, 2021, 12:39 pm

Hi! How often do you add the Kenic powder to their food?
Directions says everyday. My dog is small breed, 20lb 4 year old.

I_love_animals73
Riding on 13's

Postby I_love_animals73 » October 14th, 2021, 12:46 pm

Good day.
How often do you give them the Kenic powder?

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”