Journalists arrested for alleged armed robbery

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Humes
Shifting into 6th

Re: Journalists arrested for alleged armed robbery

Postby Humes » May 22nd, 2012, 2:13 pm

rollingstock wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:This the same liquor mart round by where Sgt. Alleyne got shot RS? owned by a former officer?

Not far from where Alleyne got shot, not sure about the former officer part.

The proprietor of this liquor mart was in the papers anytime?

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » May 22nd, 2012, 2:16 pm

Humes wrote:Some interesting information should be emerging from this situation very soon.

Strange that four men caught robbing a business red-handed haven't been charged or carried before a magistrate a full two days after being held, though.

^ They are running through all the reports of a similar modus and will be having identification parades.

Or maybe it's the conspiracy/set up by police angle you're alluding to?

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » May 22nd, 2012, 2:23 pm

Sorry humes, don't know the owner.

Humes
Shifting into 6th

Postby Humes » May 22nd, 2012, 2:33 pm

rollingstock wrote:
Humes wrote:Some interesting information should be emerging from this situation very soon.

Strange that four men caught robbing a business red-handed haven't been charged or carried before a magistrate a full two days after being held, though.

^ They are running through all the reports of a similar modus and will be having identification parades.

Yeah, but they could have charged them for the crime at hand and then run them through the ID parades etc. Their 48 hours is almost up.

I would have laughed at the idea of a set-up at first, but what I've been hearing, along with a few other curious details that have been reported so far, have me considering other explanations.

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » May 22nd, 2012, 2:40 pm

If they are charged they are entitled to bail, makes no sense to prefer one or 2 charges and then add more later.

But wrt the set/up, i've been hearing some interesting sheit too.

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » May 22nd, 2012, 11:15 pm

Cops threatened us
Journalists report:

Story Created: Jul 25, 2011 at 12:58 AM ECT
Story Updated: Jul 25, 2011 at 12:58 AM ECT

AN Express reporter and a TV6 cameraman have filed complaints against three police officers who they claimed threatened them for taking pictures during a police exercise in Maloney last Thursday.
The journalists claim one of the officers threatened to destroy the camera equipment and arrest them.
The incident occurred shortly before midnight after the journalists, Akile Simon and Brendon Alexander, came upon a roadblock exercise and began taking photos.
A report was made shortly after to the head of the Northern Division Snr Supt David Abraham, and on Friday to Deputy Commissioner of Police in charge of Anti-Crime Operations Mervyn Richardson.
Both Richardson and Abraham apologised on behalf of the service and promised to investigate the matter and take appropriate action.
An official complaint will be forwarded to Richardson, Commissioner of Police Dwayne Gibbs and Chairman of the Police Service Commission, Prof Ramesh Deosaran, later today.
The incident occurred around 11.45 p.m. in Maloney after Simon took a photograph of a roadblock exercise in the area.
Three police officers, one dressed in plain clothes, another in a uniform of the Northern Division Task Force Area-East, and the third, a Special Reserve Police officer, walked towards the front passenger seat of the vehicle where Simon was seated and demanded that Simon immediately hand over the camera and erase the images he took.
"How about if I take out meh gun and push it down in yuh face and let yuh feel how it does feel," the SRP officer said.
"Gimme that camera ah go mash it up here tonight. Erase them pictures now. Who the hell you think you is, just flashing that in my face and coming here and taking pictures," he shouted as he reached for the camera.
The SRP had to be restrained by his colleagues as he insisted that the images be erased.
Two other officers intervened informing their colleagues that they recognised the reporters and advised to "leave them alone".
Simon and Alexander were eventually allowed to leave.

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/Cop ... 99793.html

Humes
Shifting into 6th

Postby Humes » May 23rd, 2012, 12:56 am

It's a liquor store on Range Road that they supposedly robbed?

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/No_ ... 59208.html

No bail for Arouca businessman
Charged with sexual assault

Story Created: Oct 27, 2011 at 11:56 PM ECT
Story Updated: Oct 27, 2011 at 11:56 PM ECT
AN Arouca businessman was yesterday denied bail when he appeared in the Arima Magistrates' Court charged with rape and sexual assault of a 17-year-old.
Anderson Leiva, 42, of Bhagan Trace, Chaguanas, stood before Magistrate Adrian Darmanie in the First Court when charges of rape and grievous sexual assault against a 17-year-old teenager were read to him.
He was not called upon to plead to the charges, which were laid by WPC Karen Fox of the Arima CID.
Leiva, who police said owns a liquor mart on Range Road, Five Rivers, was refused bail in the matter pending a police trace to ascertain whether he has any previous or pending matters before the court.
The matter was adjourned to Monday by Darmanie. The alleged incident is said to have occurred Leiva's business place on Monday. He was arrested by a team of detectives led by Sgts Wayne Baptiste and Ganga Singh after a report was made by the victim at the Arouca CID.
–Akile Simon

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » May 23rd, 2012, 3:24 am

Humes wrote:It's a liquor store on Range Road that they supposedly robbed?

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/No_ ... 59208.html

No bail for Arouca businessman
Charged with sexual assault

Story Created: Oct 27, 2011 at 11:56 PM ECT
Story Updated: Oct 27, 2011 at 11:56 PM ECT
AN Arouca businessman was yesterday denied bail when he appeared in the Arima Magistrates' Court charged with rape and sexual assault of a 17-year-old.
Anderson Leiva, 42, of Bhagan Trace, Chaguanas, stood before Magistrate Adrian Darmanie in the First Court when charges of rape and grievous sexual assault against a 17-year-old teenager were read to him.
He was not called upon to plead to the charges, which were laid by WPC Karen Fox of the Arima CID.
Leiva, who police said owns a liquor mart on Range Road, Five Rivers, was refused bail in the matter pending a police trace to ascertain whether he has any previous or pending matters before the court.
The matter was adjourned to Monday by Darmanie. The alleged incident is said to have occurred Leiva's business place on Monday. He was arrested by a team of detectives led by Sgts Wayne Baptiste and Ganga Singh after a report was made by the victim at the Arouca CID.
–Akile Simon

Was it possible that they were doing a sort of revenge for th victims? Vigilante type work?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

Hook
3NE 2NR Moderator

Journalists arrested for alleged armed robbery

Postby Hook » May 23rd, 2012, 6:23 am

I still don't get the OP's implied correlation between the poor state of journalism across the board in T&T today and one reporter's crime spree.

Keyser Soze
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Keyser Soze » May 23rd, 2012, 6:39 am

hmmmmm.......

Skanky
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Skanky » May 23rd, 2012, 8:44 am

Hook wrote:I still don't get the OP's implied correlation between the poor state of journalism across the board in T&T today and one reporter's crime spree.

When you go to Junior Sec you kinda learn to read and write.
When you kinda learn to read and write you become a journalist.
When you become a journalist you think you're Brenda Starr.
When you think you're Brenda Starr you try to pull off daring liquor mart robberies.
When you try to pull off daring liquor mart robberies you end up on I.D Parade.

Don't end up on I.D Parade! Get DirecTV.

Hook
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Hook » May 23rd, 2012, 9:02 am

Skanky wrote:
Hook wrote:I still don't get the OP's implied correlation between the poor state of journalism across the board in T&T today and one reporter's crime spree.

When you think you're Brenda Starr you try to pull off daring liquor mart robberies.

While your response is humorous. It still doesn't clarify your allusion. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not coming out in defense of journalists, I just see the need for clarity here.
So, because ONE journalist is caught committing armed robbery, this explains the decline in the quality of local journalism of late?
What exactly does ONE rogue reporter have to do with ALL of the media houses, journalists, freelance writers, features correspondents and editorial writers in T&T?
That's akin to condemning ALL motorsport in T&T because of ONE group of street-racers.

It would be more sensible to stop painting the media with this.

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » May 23rd, 2012, 9:07 am

Humes
Shifting into 6th

Re:

Postby Humes » May 23rd, 2012, 10:09 am

Kenjo wrote:Was it possible that they were doing a sort of revenge for th victims? Vigilante type work?

A reporter writes stories portraying the Police in a specific area, and a business owner in that area, in a negative light.

A few months later he goes to what appears to be that same business, and is held supposedly robbing the place by police from that same area. He supposedly has police-issue weapons and vests. Three days later, he's yet to be charged or identified by any member of the public as having been involved in similar crimes.

Where vigilante come into this?

Humes
Shifting into 6th

Postby Humes » May 23rd, 2012, 10:12 am

Hook wrote:While your response is humorous

It eh even that.

It just dumb all over.

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » May 23rd, 2012, 10:49 am

Skanky wrote:

:rofl: good one dan :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bizzare
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Bizzare » May 23rd, 2012, 10:52 am

Skanky wrote:

:rofl:

Humes
Shifting into 6th

Postby Humes » May 23rd, 2012, 11:14 am

Humes wrote:Their 48 hours is almost up.

Yeah, my bad. There's no 48-hour time limit.

Skanky
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Skanky » May 23rd, 2012, 11:20 am

Humes wrote:
Hook wrote:While your response is humorous

It eh even that.

It just dumb all over.

You calling that dumb?...Humes the Great....you too funny yes.You just made my day :lol: :lol:

toyota2nr
18 pounds of Boost

Postby toyota2nr » May 23rd, 2012, 12:11 pm

He could report from jail when they change his name to Ben Dover.

S_2NR
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby S_2NR » May 23rd, 2012, 12:17 pm

Skanky wrote:

good try but you supposed to start it with something about cable tv tho.. :|

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » May 23rd, 2012, 12:27 pm

S_2NR wrote:
Skanky wrote:

When you have cable you dont pick up your books.
When you dont pick up your books you pass for Junior sec.

good try but you supposed to start it with something about cable tv tho.. :|

ah try ah ting. :oops:

*$kїđž!™
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *$kїđž!™ » May 23rd, 2012, 8:49 pm

example of his work....

$.2m stolen from security vehicle
...4 guards detained

By Akile Simon
Story Created: Dec 6, 2011 at 12:57 AM ECT
Story Updated: Dec 6, 2011 at 12:57 AM ECT
FOUR security guards employed with Sentinel Security Services have been detained by police in connection with an incident in which they were held up and robbed of thousands of dollars over the weekend.
The guards, aged 21, 37, 53, and 46, who hail from Trincity, Laventille, San Juan and East Dry River, Port of Spain, were picked up by officers from the Port of Spain CID hours after the daylight incident.
This latest incident is the sixth reported armed robbery involving Sentinel Security Services officers while on their way to deposit large sums of money to various banks within the past six months.
Police said around 12.30 p.m. on Sunday, a senior security officer, who was armed with a pistol, was driving a panel van in company of three other officers in the vicinity of Victoria Square on Duke Street, when two men approached the vehicle.
A police report at the Port of Spain CID revealed that the suspects then fired shots which caused the driver of the van to make a hasty retreat into the company's nearby head office at Duke Street.
The driver of the vehicle discharged 12 rounds from his service pistol at the men but they weren't hit. As the vehicle entered the compound, two men approached and relieved the guard of his pistol and stole six bags containing $200,000 from inside the vehicle and escaped.
Contacted yesterday, an official at the company who identified himself as Bert Clarke said they had no comment to make on the incident.
Police are expected to detain more security guards in connection with previous robberies which involve deposing cash.
Up to late yesterday the guards were being questioned by officers of the CID which include Snr Supt Wayne Boyd, ASP Ajith Persad, Insp Harvey Jawahir, Cpl Andre Lopez and PCs Nobel Smith and David Ellies.
The other reported incidents
involving Sentinel Security Services are as follows:
*In May, two Sentinel guards were detained by police after they claimed they were held up and robbed by two men, one armed with a sledgehammer, of their firearms and $300,000 at Oudai Trace, Aranguez.
*The following month, three guards from the same company were detained by police in connection with the disappearance of three loaded firearms- two pistols and a revolver- in the custody of the officers who were occupants of a panel van, when they were discovered missing in Port of Spain. One of the officers was later charged in connection with the theft.
*In August, two security guards reported to police that they were held up and robbed of several money bags containing more than $100,000 while proceeding along Naparima Mayaro Road in a security truck. They claimed a white Nissan Almera overtook their vehicle and blocked the road way. The officers were robbed of the cash and a loaded Smith and Wesson firearm by two bandits.
*In October, a security guard reported to police that she was relieved of her service revolver and a bag containing thousands of dollars after she stopped off at Republic Bank in San Juan to deposit money.
*On November 8, a security officer with the company was shot in the leg after a gunman fired a shot at panel van during a reported robbery near the company's office. During that incident, in excess of $100,000 was stolen but the bandits left behind a bag containing $600,000 in the vehicle.

Humes
Shifting into 6th

Postby Humes » May 24th, 2012, 12:41 am

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/Med ... 85095.html

TWO MEDIA workers are expected to appear before an Arima magistrate today charged with allegedly robbing an Arouca liquor mart of more than $300,000 in cash and alcoholic beverages.
The two, a reporter and a cameraman, are employees of Caribbean Communications Network, parent company of the Express newspapers and CCN TV6.
According to the police a total of 12 charges were laid against the reporter.
They were allegedly part of a group of four who were arrested on Sunday night moments after they allegedly robbed a Range Road, Arouca liquor mart.

16 cycles
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby 16 cycles » May 24th, 2012, 11:55 am

Reporter, cameraman in court today on robbery charges
Published:
Thursday, May 24, 2012
Derek Achong
Text Size:

Two journalists are among four men expected to appear before an Arima magistrate today charged with more than five robberies in which they posed as police officers. One of them, a reporter with the Trinidad Express newspapers, has been charged with ten criminal offences. Police said the reporter allegedly had a criminal record which included previous convictions for housebreaking and larceny.

Similar charges were laid against a cameraman, employed with Caribbean Communications Network (CCN TV6), and two security guards. The four were charged with offences, which included armed robbery, shooting with intent, impersonating a police officer, uttering a false document, robbery with violence and possession of a firearm and ammunition.

The suspects were arrested after a liquor store on Range Road, Arouca, was robbed on Sunday around 8 pm. The police said the men, who posed as police officers, went to the businessplace with a search warrant. The owner later was robbed of more than $250,000 in cash and a case of Johnny Walker Scotch whisky, valued at $2,700, police said.

The men were confronted by police and were held after an alleged shootout. Police recovered two nine-mm pistols with six rounds of ammunition. One allegedly belonged to retired police commissioner Kenny Mohammed, whose home was broken into last January.

Searches of the suspects’ homes revealed several security uniforms, fraudulent search warrants, security devices and a pistol magazine. They were placed on identification parades at the La Horquetta Police Station on Monday and at the Port-of-Spain CID yesterday. Several robbery victims attended the parades, police said. Police sources said yesterday one of the security guards was identified by a Venezuelan student who allegedly was robbed in Woodbrook earlier this year.

The suspect was identified by another Woodbrook resident, who said he robbed her at gunpoint as she walked near her home. The group was also identified as having been allegedly involved in two other armed robberies in east Trinidad. ACP Terry Young and Sr Supt David Abraham led investigations.

http://www.guardian.co.tt/news/2012-05- ... ry-charges

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » May 24th, 2012, 12:31 pm

Apparently the firearms used are the property of a Former Snr police officer and a current Snr officer :shock:

They were reported stolen though?????????????

bluesteel29
Shifting into 6th

Postby bluesteel29 » May 24th, 2012, 12:38 pm

noice --_--

Humes
Shifting into 6th

Postby Humes » May 24th, 2012, 3:41 pm

Express Journalist Akile Simon and TV6 Cameraman Brendon Alexander appear before Anna Ryan in the Arima First Magistrate's court.

Express journalist Akile Simon on ten robbery related charges and expresses fear for his life, asks magistrate to make special arrangements.

TV6 cameraman Brendon Alexander charged with robbery and driving with a false registration plate remanded in custody for tracing.

Marley Charles and Randy Borris also charged with robbery of an Arouca Liquor store and remanded in custody for tracing as well to May 28.

Off the TV6 News FB Page.

~Vēġó~
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby ~Vēġó~ » May 24th, 2012, 4:37 pm

nicely tied in there nervewrecker...

16 cycles
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby 16 cycles » May 24th, 2012, 5:28 pm

wayne chance on synergy tv taking this story to 'task' ....now...

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”