TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

question: flow customers

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

jeepers
3NE 2NR Power Seller
Location: Still locating this location that when located it will appear as my location

question: flow customers

Postby jeepers » June 11th, 2012, 9:09 pm

how do u port forwards or open ports in the flow modem/router

to use for gaming/ip cameras and other apps that needs specific ports.

i notice there isnt any config in the modem setup

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Re: question: flow customers

Postby skylinechild » June 11th, 2012, 10:45 pm

are you using the correct login.???

certain routers use 2 administration passwords.

admin password - which is what the flow tech uses shows all configuration pages
user password - shows only limited information- doesnt offer much / any configuration. :!:

S_2NR
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby S_2NR » June 11th, 2012, 11:11 pm

didn know flow makin modems and routers now................

*$kїđž!™
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *$kїđž!™ » June 12th, 2012, 4:35 am

S_2NR wrote:didn know flow makin modems and routers now................

well bro they not making it but they supplying it....they have modems with wireless routers...

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » June 12th, 2012, 5:34 am

You have the modem with the built-in router from flow? This is what I can recall about port-forwarding with the flow equipment. If it doesn't work, well someone else may help you.

The default address of the old modems without router is http://192.168.100.1
The modem is just a bridge, so you cannot configure anything there, only a tech can with the super-admin login credentials.

The default address of the modem/router is http://192.168.0.1/ or the default gateway IPv4 address that your computer is using currently.
Default User Name: admin and Password: password
Obviously you will change this for your own security.

Then go under Firewall Tab and there should be a Virtual Servers tab under that. This is a picture from the old Arris modem/routers, so yours may look differently, but it's the same settings really.

And Enable the box 1 for whatever game/program you want to port forward. type in the same port number in all labelled port boxes, type in your local client ip address, i.e. the ip address that the router has assigned your computer. To check whether it's a TCP or UDP port check here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_TCP_and_UDP_port_numbers. For example, the Call of Duty (PC) line of games are on port 28960 UDP.

Save settings, may have to reboot the router (not reset). Then go in your software firewall and open that port.

Then check if it's open with this http://portforward.com/help/portcheck.htm. Don't worry, it's not a virus or any malicious software, even though your antivirus/firewall may tell you otherwise.

As an alternative, if forwarding specific ports doesn't work, you can DMZ your computer's client ip address, manually set your computer's ip address so it won't change with automatic DHCP and just open the ports in the software firewall on your computer (like ZoneAlarm or Comodo). This would leave your computer open though, and just the installed software you've got to protect you, or if you don't have, Windows Firewall. Your choice. If you've got good software, I think you would be safe from noob hackers if they find you...

jeepers
3NE 2NR Power Seller
Location: Still locating this location that when located it will appear as my location

Postby jeepers » June 12th, 2012, 7:27 am

thanks dude. will check and see. i was tryin to enter the router through wireless and wasnt getting through. Thinkin if i need to connect directly using a patch cable. Would try and let u know

Carbon12
Sweet on this forum

Postby Carbon12 » June 12th, 2012, 10:37 am

Yeah just run dmz on whatever you gonna use for gaming and set a manual ip for it and you may also want to enable upnp

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » June 12th, 2012, 8:25 pm

jeepers wrote:thanks dude. will check and see. i was tryin to enter the router through wireless and wasnt getting through. Thinkin if i need to connect directly using a patch cable. Would try and let u know

its always recommended to make changes to a router via a cable connection - not wireless- if in case you need to reboot the router you may loose your wireless connection.

who ever told you to make changes over wifi....that person isnt the most intelligent person around.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”