TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

FOREIGN USED INDUSTRY HAS DESTROYED THE STATUS QUO !

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

ceejaye
Riding on 13's

FOREIGN USED INDUSTRY HAS DESTROYED THE STATUS QUO !

Postby ceejaye » November 17th, 2006, 11:19 pm

I know that the foreign used car industry has made it possible for many persons to buy cars that they would not have been able to afford, but this sector has SERIOUSLY REDUCED THE STATUS QUO FOR MOST "BRANDS" IN TRINIDAD !
Cars have become so cheap now ! people who spend a lot of money to buy NEW cars have great difficulty with the resale value ! I know that this is an obvious fact to everyone, but i have become a bit jaded when it comes to buying a car, these days...
Previously, only a few persons had been the owners of "new firm-bought cars"; this phenomenon was very obvious on our roads! It was actually a STATUS situation; everyone KNEW that owners of these cars had spent PLENTY $$$$$ for their cars and that made it worth the decision to buy a brand new vehicle; if there was no foreign used cars, hondas, lancers etc. would be re-sold for A LOT MORE $$$. A PBA Civic would be sold for more than $60 000 [ at the least]; now this car will only command $30 000...
I find it very de-moralising for people who are in this position because of the foreign used cars available today !

I have a PERSONAL PROBLEM with this situation; I am sorry if this offends anyone because it is just MY OPINION but I WISH THAT THERE WOULD NOT BE A FOREIGN USED INDUSTRY ! It is difficulty for me to decide what brand/type of new car to buy now, because I have to look for a type that is NOT available for "every tom, dick and harry..."
I am a great car lover but I am a very selfish type of car lover because I like having something that others can't buy so easily...
I really like mitsubishi, huyundai, toyota and honda but I can't buy a new one now ... !!! [LOL !].
I am being honest here, and I am not dissing people who love foreign used cars - "to each his own...". However, I have to buy a brand of car that I would not normally choose !!! I buy ONLY NEW CARS; that's just me, really...
I'm a woman and I prefer MANUAL CARS because most women can't drive "gear cars!" Now, I have to buy a NEW, MANUAL LUXURIOUS CAR and I am not sure what is the best type to select ...

Any of you men have suggestions? My car at present is a manual ACCENT ... I love it and part of me don't want to sell it, but I have to buy a new car now !
I am thinking about "special order" manuals but the big long term issue would be the availability of parts in the future !!!

SUGGESTIONS ANYONE ?

bluespeed
Riding on 16's

Postby bluespeed » November 17th, 2006, 11:31 pm

You joined today to say that? :roll:

X_Factor
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby X_Factor » November 17th, 2006, 11:40 pm

the way that person was talking i coulda swear they drivin ah camry for the least...
or somewhere between audi-benz

wrxdevil
3NE 2NR for life

Postby wrxdevil » November 17th, 2006, 11:46 pm

what a waste of time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » November 18th, 2006, 12:03 am

:? :? :?

ceejaye you are contradicting yourself -

ceejaye
Riding on 13's

Postby ceejaye » November 18th, 2006, 12:04 am

it's better to have a CHEAP NEW CAR THAN A USED UP ONE !

and, I AM GOING TO BUY A NEW CAR, X FACTOR ! my first car was cheap because it was bought when I had just started to work !!!

and... i find it lame that some people feel the need to used curse words when I have not directed it to them !
why can't u respect somebody's views on something ? if i hate the foreign used industry why should that affect u ? it's not my money that u are spending ! u can spend your money any way u choose !!!!!

i still wish the gov't would stop the importation of foreign used cars !

steffali
Ricer

Postby steffali » November 18th, 2006, 12:09 am

ceejaye

zodiaque
CARS Member

Postby zodiaque » November 18th, 2006, 12:12 am

ceejaye wrote:it's better to have a CHEAP NEW CAR THAN A USED UP ONE !

Japanese cars are not "used up" in the same manner as we "use up" vehicles here in Trinidad. Most of the cars that are bought foreign used are almost, if not the same, in condition as a new showroom car.

The reason behind this is the reliable Japanese public transport system as well as good Japanese roads. The cars are hardly used, and when they are, they are treated well.

In allot of cases they also come with better features as well.

And what is wrong with a family who could not afford a reliable vehicle now being able to afford one?

ceejaye
Riding on 13's

Postby ceejaye » November 18th, 2006, 12:12 am

I am not contradicting myself! I am just saying that the foreign used industry has made it impossible for cars to be re-sold for a better price!

and, my present car is not an audi or benz, but at least it was NEW when I bought it 11 years ago !!!!!!

i don't understand why some people can't understand that ! SOME MAY SEE THE FOREIGN USED CARS AS BETTER BARGAINS BUT I JUST LIKE BEING THE FIRST OWNER OF MY CAR !
.... EVEN IF THE CAR DOES NOT HAVE AS MANY FEATURES AS THE USED ONE !

Mr. Red Sleeper
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Mr. Red Sleeper » November 18th, 2006, 12:16 am

bluespeed wrote:You joined today to say that? :roll:

Two threads to say the same thing

RapToR
punchin NOS
Location: Wholesaler & Reseller --- FREE Delivery<--Almost Anywhere!

Re: FOREIGN USED INDUSTRY HAS DESTROYED THE STATUS QUO !

Postby RapToR » November 18th, 2006, 12:19 am

ceejaye wrote:I am a very selfish type of car lover because I like having something that others can't buy so easily...

well y dont u design 1 yourself................. :roll: :roll: :roll:

this post gave me a headache..............

Mr. Red Sleeper
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Mr. Red Sleeper » November 18th, 2006, 12:20 am

vetek bike maybe?

bluespeed
Riding on 16's

Postby bluespeed » November 18th, 2006, 12:27 am

Ok you can afford a "new" car so what.... don't come here with your grouse because someone won't buy your "used up" accent :fist:

Mr. Red Sleeper
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Mr. Red Sleeper » November 18th, 2006, 12:28 am

manual accent.......cant get resale.....steupes! :roll:

ceejaye
Riding on 13's

Postby ceejaye » November 18th, 2006, 12:35 am

very funny.... i don't know how to ride bikes though...

u are still NOT UNDERSTANDING MY POINT OF VIEW!

what is so wrong about wanting something when it is NEW ?

the main factor for me is : NEW !!!

not better features, speed, looks etc. ... just NEW ! IT CAN BE CHEAP AND NOT IMPRESSIVE BUT I JUST LIKE IT NEW !

Mr. Red Sleeper
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Mr. Red Sleeper » November 18th, 2006, 12:36 am

after 3 threads we FULLY UNDERSTAND!!!
QUIT WHILE U STILL HAVE A CHANCE OF SPENDIN MORE TIME HERE!!

bluespeed
Riding on 16's

Postby bluespeed » November 18th, 2006, 12:42 am

I bet yah is one of those ugly fruitpunch pink ones :sick:

AutoSport
Riding on 17's

Postby AutoSport » November 18th, 2006, 12:44 am

“it was actually a STATUS situation; everyone KNEW that owners of these cars had spent PLENTY $$$$$ for their cars and that made it worth the decision to buy a brand new vehicleâ€

Mr. Red Sleeper
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Mr. Red Sleeper » November 18th, 2006, 12:44 am

ah could see this goin at least 5 pages :roll:

X_Factor
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby X_Factor » November 18th, 2006, 12:50 am

she new...she'll get accustom

Mr. Red Sleeper
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Mr. Red Sleeper » November 18th, 2006, 12:51 am

she???? :shock: :shock: :shock:

[X]~Outlaw
Riding on 16's

Postby [X]~Outlaw » November 18th, 2006, 1:11 am

Mr. Red Sleeper
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Mr. Red Sleeper » November 18th, 2006, 1:14 am

DOH!!!! :shock:

Mudboy
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Mudboy » November 18th, 2006, 2:49 am

So to satisfy your ego, let us all sign a petition for Madame Ceejay to satisfy her goal. Lady, all of those thousands of people who have invested in their really great bargain priced and bargain value foreign used cars would be only to happy to sign up.

You have contradicted your self so many times you just do not know where you are. What a way to join this party. Or were you just trying to be provocative?[/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol:.....so u really join tuner to make three posts to show that u is a little spoil girl...who like to drive manual cars ...a medal for CJ

equipped2ripp
punchin NOS

Postby equipped2ripp » November 18th, 2006, 3:10 am

ah wonder if she related to CJruckus..... :?

bluespeed
Riding on 16's

Postby bluespeed » November 18th, 2006, 3:31 am

^I feel is he :?

link
18 pounds of Boost

Postby link » November 18th, 2006, 7:15 am

ceejaye wrote:very funny.... i don't know how to ride bikes though...

u are still NOT UNDERSTANDING MY POINT OF VIEW!

what is so wrong about wanting something when it is NEW ?

the main factor for me is : NEW !!!

not better features, speed, looks etc. ... just NEW ! IT CAN BE CHEAP AND NOT IMPRESSIVE BUT I JUST LIKE IT NEW !

check Rampersad in Sando......u can order a fully loaded Yaris - 8 airbags, leather, the works BRAND NEW -u list your needs & wants, they order........and you'll be unique...and new !!!
rgds
Link

RASC
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RASC » November 18th, 2006, 7:58 am

[quote="AutoSport"]“[b]it was actually a STATUS situation; everyone KNEW that owners of these cars had spent PLENTY $$$$$ for their cars and that made it worth the decision to buy a brand new vehicleâ€

kes_vtec
12 pounds of Boost

Postby kes_vtec » November 18th, 2006, 8:23 am

Ceejay, can i buy a new EVO
can i buy a new honda Type R
can i buy a new Silvia
can i buy a new Sykline

do you see where i am goin with this...

Picasso
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Picasso » November 18th, 2006, 8:25 am

Somebody please ban this person :?

I know that the foreign used car industry has made it possible for many persons to buy cars that they would not have been able to afford, but this sector has SERIOUSLY REDUCED THE STATUS QUO FOR MOST "BRANDS" IN TRINIDAD !
Cars have become so cheap now ! people who spend a lot of money to buy NEW cars have great difficulty with the resale value ! I know that this is an obvious fact to everyone, but i have become a bit jaded when it comes to buying a car, these days...
Previously, only a few persons had been the owners of "new firm-bought cars"; this phenomenon was very obvious on our roads! It was actually a STATUS situation; everyone KNEW that owners of these cars had spent PLENTY $$$$$ for their cars and that made it worth the decision to buy a brand new vehicle; if there was no foreign used cars, hondas, lancers etc. would be re-sold for A LOT MORE $$$. A PBA Civic would be sold for more than $60 000 [ at the least]; now this car will only command $30 000...
I find it very de-moralising for people who are in this position because of the foreign used cars available today !

I have a PERSONAL PROBLEM with this situation; I am sorry if this offends anyone because it is just MY OPINION but I WISH THAT THERE WOULD NOT BE A FOREIGN USED INDUSTRY ! It is difficulty for me to decide what brand/type of new car to buy now, because I have to look for a type that is NOT available for "every tom, d!ck and harry..."
I am a great car lover but I am a very selfish type of car lover because I like having something that others can't buy so easily...
I really like mitsubishi, huyundai, toyota and honda but I can't buy a new one now ... !!! [LOL !].
I am being honest here, and I am not dissing people who love foreign used cars - "to each his own...". However, I have to buy a brand of car that I would not normally choose !!! I buy ONLY NEW CARS; that's just me, really...
I'm a woman and I prefer MANUAL CARS because most women can't drive "gear cars!" Now, I have to buy a NEW, MANUAL LUXURIOUS CAR and I am not sure what is the best type to select ...

Any of you men have suggestions? My car at present is a manual ACCENT ... I love it and part of me don't want to sell it, but I have to buy a new car now !
I am thinking about "special order" manuals but the big long term issue would be the availability of parts in the future !!!

SUGGESTIONS ANYONE ?

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”