Friday, August 22nd, 2014

- It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:58 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Jump to:  

dr_wildman
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:37 pm 
Street 2NR

Yea 2nrs i having a little problem with me router wanted to know if you all could help me. Is a d-link600. I have 1 laptop connected to it and when i try connecting with my other laptop it connects but i dont get any internet access what could cause that?

Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Trini Hookah
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:49 pm 
TriniTuner 24-7

Just end the stress and get a Linksys. :|

*$kїđž!™
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:25 pm 
TriniTuner 24-7

read this thread...

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=433820&hilit=+no+internet+access

*$kїđž!™
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:28 pm 
TriniTuner 24-7

try going into router settings and change your

Encryption Algorithm to >>>> TKIP/AES.....

this worked for me.....

TK!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:12 am 
Riding on 18's

chk laptop that not getting net.

assuming u connected to the wifi signal, ur IP address is prob set to a static IP which might not be on the same network.

skylinechild
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:37 am 
30 pounds of Boost

TK! wrote:
chk laptop that not getting net.

assuming u connected to the wifi signal, ur IP address is prob set to a static IP which might not be on the same network.

X2..what that man said

dr_wildman
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:13 pm 
Street 2NR

nothing doesn't want to connect just this 1laptop am using is getting connection.....no one laptop phone nothing is getting to connect. When i try connecting my blackberry it says that its not obtaining a ip address

*$kїđž!™
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:04 pm 
TriniTuner 24-7

*$kїđž!™ wrote:
try going into router settings and change your

Encryption Algorithm to >>>> TKIP/AES.....

this worked for me.....

did u try this?

dr_wildman
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:09 am 
Street 2NR

Yea i tried that. But i have another problem it doesnt even want me to get onto the set up page when i type in the ipaddress

stev
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:11 am 
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

is it flow or blink u have?

edit: check ur IP address on ur laptop that has internet and see if it has an IP generated by ur Dlink or by Flow

dr_wildman
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:38 am 
Street 2NR

Flow.....it looks like i getting it from flow

stev
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:01 am 

ok i had that same problem...busted my brains out but its an easy fix.....another tuner helped me actually (vintage_styles)

first off....disconnect and power off flows modem and ur router. power back on the d-link and connect it to ur laptop ONLY. (via Ethernet cable)

log in and make sure DHCP is enabled. once finished, power back on flows device and plug it into the d-link.

flow wud give one IP address to the D-link....and the d-link wud start giving ur laptops IP addresses from its own pool.

origin of the problem - u probably connected ur laptop directly to the flow modem before u tried using the d-link with it. (one cause). the d-link just acted as an antenna for flow's modem and ur devices were trying to pull IP addresses from flow, not ur wifi router. the fix above solves this problem.

skylinechild
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:24 am 
30 pounds of Boost

stev wrote:
ok i had that same problem...busted my brains out but its an easy fix.....another tuner helped me actually (vintage_styles)

first off....disconnect and power off flows modem and ur router. power back on the d-link and connect it to ur laptop ONLY. (via Ethernet cable)

log in and make sure DHCP is enabled. once finished, power back on flows device and plug it into the d-link.

flow wud give one IP address to the D-link....and the d-link wud start giving ur laptops IP addresses from its own pool.

origin of the problem - u probably connected ur laptop directly to the flow modem before u tried using the d-link with it. (one cause). the d-link just acted as an antenna for flow's modem and ur devices were trying to pull IP addresses from flow, not ur wifi router. the fix above solves this problem.

OR simply say daisy chain your router.... :lol:
flow router will be 192.168.1.1 your d link will be 192.168.2.1 and all your devices will take internet from the d link nothing else plugs into the flow modem- except the d link !!!

dr_wildman
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:21 am 
Street 2NR

Thanks stev a little of it is fixed. Same 1 laptop is getting internet and my phone and other laptop is now picking up a ip address which it wasn't getting but no internet access but it is getting a ip address from the router now.

stev
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:17 pm 

dr_wildman wrote:
Thanks stev a little of it is fixed. Same 1 laptop is getting internet and my phone and other laptop is now picking up a ip address which it wasn't getting but no internet access but it is getting a ip address from the router now.

make sure the other devices that can access the internet has an IP from the router. i know flow gives u 2 addresses.

if still no internet on that machine alone then it is the machine itself.

see if u can ping other devices on the network or even ping ur router.

i'm sure u wud be able to pin point why u cant access the internet. make sure u dont have on a proxy or re-install the driver for the WAN / LAN cards.

see if u are getting internet if you use an ethernet cable instead.

dr_wildman
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:24 pm 
Street 2NR

Router has been fixed thanks alot stev xD

stev
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:43 pm 

no scene...glad its working now.