Forums

Trinituner Reefers, Saltwater Aquarium Fish Keepers

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

kyhamil
Sweet on this forum

Re: Trinituner Reefers, Saltwater Aquarium Fish Keepers

Postby kyhamil » July 13th, 2015, 3:55 pm

You guys here talking bout this and my teachers salary feeling pain... hence id stick to fowlr

HondaB20B
punchin NOS

Postby HondaB20B » July 13th, 2015, 4:06 pm

mojosodope wrote:Yup saw that would definitely get one if I take the kessil route and eventually add a 4th as the tank develops. What are the dimensions on your tank? And 1/2inch glass?

Its 72"L X 24"W X 30"H and yes its 1/2" thick glass. My 2 sumps are 30"L X 20"W X 18"H. One of the sumps is what i am using as a frag tank.

HondaB20B
punchin NOS

Postby HondaB20B » July 13th, 2015, 4:08 pm

kyhamil wrote:You guys here talking bout this and my teachers salary feeling pain... hence id stick to fowlr

You can still grow corals in your tank. I have gone to shops in the US and seen all zoa tanks and all mushroom tanks and trust me it real nice.

kyhamil
Sweet on this forum

Postby kyhamil » July 13th, 2015, 8:15 pm

Honda haven't you realized im not bout that coral life... I poor mainrain my tsnk as is

greenlime100
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby greenlime100 » July 13th, 2015, 9:33 pm

I can't see myself going back to t5 or even switching to MH unless I eventually upgrade to a really deep tank. My LEDs work excellent and my corals are all growing and producing great colour. And remember I'm using an LED fixture I'm sure half of you all never heard of...ACAN lighting.
A friend of mine is using AI lights and I'm really impressed with its ability to customize the LEDs and the amount of control it gives you. The kessels have always attracted me and would give them a try in my sump whenever I start fragging.

I guess I'll just have to see the difference first hand for me to be convinced that I should switch back to T5. But I'll take your word for it and do some reading.

HondaB20B
punchin NOS

Postby HondaB20B » July 14th, 2015, 2:08 am

That's why I said in my post about MH along with T5's if you have a deep tank............LOL

greenlime100
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby greenlime100 » July 14th, 2015, 6:31 am

Deep as in over 40” LOL I've seen LEDs do fine and growing clams and sps on the sand bed in tanks 3' deep.

HondaB20B
punchin NOS

Postby HondaB20B » July 14th, 2015, 6:48 am

well the way how LED's get so advanced now i wont doubt it.
2-3 yrs ago they were still fighting up. Come like when the cannons came out to replace the MH. Raj had 2 on his tank downstairs and it was really good. just the price was too high.
The radions was also real good technology

greenlime100
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby greenlime100 » July 14th, 2015, 7:12 am

Yeah cannons were big technology back then yes. When I bought my LEDs radions we're now hitting the market and options were real limited. Now freshwater men running LEDs

HondaB20B
punchin NOS

Postby HondaB20B » July 14th, 2015, 7:57 am

Yeah but the cannons were too big in size actually. Think thats where they came ot with the Kessil 360WE. Those things small now. And they were not adjustable. That might very well be my next light system for my tank. But i might scrap my tank first and start over with the corals

kstt
Riding on 16's

Postby kstt » July 15th, 2015, 1:48 pm

anyone interested in a used 4ft t5 aquarium fixture?

PM for details

Fish
Riding on 13's

Postby Fish » July 16th, 2015, 4:15 pm

Anyone with corals to sell ? Pm me ,

eternal audio
Street 2NR

Postby eternal audio » July 19th, 2015, 8:31 pm

who could help me out here i have a vortech mp60 that now shut down the dial is blinking red i hold dwn the mode button nun happen i hold dwn both mode and set and still nothing what else can i do???

mojosodope
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby mojosodope » July 20th, 2015, 3:04 am

eternal audio wrote:who could help me out here i have a vortech mp60 that now shut down the dial is blinking red i hold dwn the mode button nun happen i hold dwn both mode and set and still nothing what else can i do???

http://www.ecotechmarine-asia.com/suppo ... _a_en.html

Check the second bullet

UML
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby UML » July 24th, 2015, 7:55 pm

1437782069176.jpg

The Vectra L1 DC pump that was leaked a couple of weeks ago has a little brother, the Vectra M1 pump, and both new pumps have the specs and pricing to rock the aquarium world. It was revealed today that these two new QuietDrive powered DC pumps will see the same aggressive pricing that we saw with the newest generation of Vortech pumps, with the performance and refined feature set that we come to expect from Ecotech Marine.

The first thing we gathered from the announcement of the Vectra DC pumps is their naming convention. We can only presume that the L1 and M1 denomination of the Vectra pumps stands for Large and Medium, intimating that perhaps a Vectra S1 is slated for the future, or perhaps even already under development and in the pipeline.

As we saw in our previous coverage, the Vectra DC pumps are an attractive white color with blue fitting for the inlet and outlet. We are curious to learn more about this accessory which hasn’t really been seen on centrifugal pumps before, they could be pressure fittings for soft tubing but more than likely they are a form of slim union valve for built-in quick swappability when installed with the use of rigid tubing.

vectra l1 dc pump
The size specifications of the Vectra L1 DC pumps from Ecotech Marine

The larger Vectra L1 pump will have a footprint of 7 by 4.5 inches, and an overall height of 6.5 inches. This model will pump a maximum of 3100 gallons per hour, with a maximum head of 21.5 feet and will draw a maximum power of 130 watts. It will be priced at $449 and has an undisclosed ship date.

Meanwhile the slightly smaller Vectra M1 will have a footprint of 6.25 by 4 inches, and a total height of just under 5.5 inches. The smallest Vectra pump will sip on 80 watts to push up to 2000 gallons per hour with the same maximum head pressure of 21.5 feet. The Vectra M1 will beging shipping to dealers on August 3rd with a truly affordable price of $349.

vectra m1 dc pump
The size specifications of the Vectra M1 DC pumps from Ecotech Marine

One detail about the Vectra pumps that will be easy to overlook is the minimal amount of vibration absorption that is incorporated into their bases. Simple silicone feet are all that will be provided to isolate the noise coming from these pumps, which we are expecting will be quite low considering that both models will incorporate the same breakthrough QuietDrive powering technology that made the new Vortech pumps unbelievably silent.

Of course Ecotech Marine is not going to release any new devices that are not Ecosmart Live compatible, and the new Vectra DC pumps are no exception. There will be a whole suite of programming built into the drivers of the Vectra DC Pumps including feed modes, gyre modes, reef crest and lagoonal flow patterns similar to those that were introduced with the Vortechs.

Curiously, the Vectra M1 and L1 DC Pumps will be optimized not only for use as very powerful and efficient return pumps but also as highly effective closed loop pumps. Stay tuned next week for our exclusive first look beyond computer generated graphics when we visit Ecotech Marine and see these exciting new pumps in person.

Read more: http://reefbuilders.com/2015/07/23/vect ... z3gr92bB4K

Fish
Riding on 13's

Postby Fish » July 26th, 2015, 3:43 pm

What size wave maker should I use for a 6ft aquarium ? And best position to place it at ( top or middle ) ?

kyhamil
Sweet on this forum

Postby kyhamil » July 26th, 2015, 4:13 pm

I have 1 jeabo 40 in my 3 foot n that gives good wave motion to the point I had to turn it down cuz it spills water on d other side... so id say 2 or 3 of those, they are cheap and linkable... other would say the mp40s would be btr which I agree...

Fish
Riding on 13's

Postby Fish » July 26th, 2015, 4:23 pm

Cool thanks

HondaB20B
punchin NOS

Postby HondaB20B » July 26th, 2015, 7:40 pm

Actually it also has a lot to do with your rockwork placement and height of rocks, how much is your water level and whats pulse you have the wavemaker on............. there actually is no true answer

kyhamil
Sweet on this forum

Postby kyhamil » July 26th, 2015, 8:13 pm

Hey Honda I wanna start collecting some live rock... want to bring the tank into the house but I wanna get more live rocks for my sump... I think I cld fit about 30 lbs more

Fish
Riding on 13's

Postby Fish » July 26th, 2015, 9:28 pm

Water level just about 1" of the top . Was thinking of the JEBAO RW 15 or 20

HondaB20B
punchin NOS

Postby HondaB20B » July 26th, 2015, 10:37 pm

1" is too close to the top............. 2" is standard height.
a smaller pump will have water on the floor

HondaB20B
punchin NOS

Postby HondaB20B » July 26th, 2015, 10:45 pm

kyhamil wrote:Hey Honda I wanna start collecting some live rock... want to bring the tank into the house but I wanna get more live rocks for my sump... I think I cld fit about 30 lbs more

You safer getting rocks from raj............ your tank already going good and next thing you end up bringing some kinda parasite or pest that wipe out your tank. Seen it happen already. Then again its your choice

kyhamil
Sweet on this forum

Postby kyhamil » July 27th, 2015, 12:06 am

Yeah I know I should but id have to buy 100lns of rock fpr the next set up... I want a 5ftx20x30tall for my next tank maybe next yr

HondaB20B
punchin NOS

Postby HondaB20B » July 27th, 2015, 12:49 am

Then just get dead rock and it will become live. It doesnt take long for that. Once your tank is well maintained and your bacteria population is good and you keep adding, the new dry rock will become live in e few weeks. Once you have proper water flow (with use of powerhead) and once your Cal and Alk readings are good, your rocks will color up nicely with coraline algae

greenlime100
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby greenlime100 » July 27th, 2015, 4:48 pm

2" from the top is normal but my water level doesn't move more than half of an inch and I have good water flow throughout. I will be adding a gyre by September so we'll see if that changes

nixson
Riding on 13's

Postby nixson » July 28th, 2015, 4:05 pm

hey guys, check out my youtube link for my reef another year on. Still have some basic things to do like ATO and a chiller, but its all up to when i have the funds and the time. Still looking for some long stem xenia if any one have to sell. All raj's own died out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZxC98PKyuw

njw

HondaB20B
punchin NOS

Postby HondaB20B » July 28th, 2015, 4:15 pm

Tank looks good, what is it..............an 8ft?
what fish is that at 0:38.

nixson
Riding on 13's

Postby nixson » July 28th, 2015, 4:19 pm

yea 8x2x2. Its a Hamlet. related to the grouper but stays small. yet still Eats like a big grouper.
caught him in Tobago.

HondaB20B
punchin NOS

Postby HondaB20B » July 28th, 2015, 4:25 pm

yeah ok cool.
Is that a local cowfish or local boxfish at 0:24?
You dont get any problems with the angel and your mushrooms?

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”