Divali/Diwali/Deepavali 2014

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Cid
Riding on 17's

Re: Divali/Diwali/Deepavali 2013

Postby Cid » October 7th, 2013, 3:10 pm

AllTrac wrote:
Cid wrote:Thank god sat doh have no input in anything else..... Christmas woulda be on d 26th this year

thank god?

Thank Ram dan! doh be disrespectful in this thread!

lol .. sorry boss i didnt know u was the resident bramhin overseeing this ched .......

teems1
punchin NOS

Postby teems1 » October 7th, 2013, 3:54 pm

Why not just have the elections on the 11th Nov then? That seems to be the most logical thing to do.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » October 7th, 2013, 3:56 pm

Cid wrote:
AllTrac wrote:
Cid wrote:Thank god sat doh have no input in anything else..... Christmas woulda be on d 26th this year

thank god?

lol .. sorry boss i didnt know u was the resident bramhin overseeing this ched .......

Watt!!!..........You didn't know Trac was the Brahmin mod?

Hook
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Hook » October 7th, 2013, 4:56 pm

Well now he know trac-ji is d authority on d subject

demented
Riding on 17's

Postby demented » October 7th, 2013, 8:05 pm

ImageUploadedByTriniTuner1381190649.385793.jpg

The 2013 Hindu religious calendar printed since 2012

Gem_in_i
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Gem_in_i » October 7th, 2013, 8:08 pm

I have a calender with the 3rd as Diwali. But either way doesn't matter. It still going be a long weekend for many.

demented
Riding on 17's

Postby demented » October 7th, 2013, 8:13 pm

All the online searches pointing towards the 3rd. I dunno why Trinidad has to deflect.

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » October 7th, 2013, 8:28 pm

Election is on the Monday....after prayers is tears

AllTrac
TriniTuner Crew

Postby AllTrac » October 7th, 2013, 8:34 pm

Dizzy28 wrote:
Cid wrote:
AllTrac wrote:

thank god?

Watt!!!..........You didn't know Trac was the Brahmin mod?

Hook wrote:Well now he know trac-ji is d authority on d subject

HAHAHAHAHAHA :lol: :lol: :lol: well he doh have an excuse now for all things brahmin :lol:

Cid i on kix eh pally :lol:

A172
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby A172 » October 7th, 2013, 8:40 pm

eliteauto wrote:Election is on the Monday....after prayers is tears

lold irl

trac doh forgeh meh big koorma eh dan

TriniAutoMart
Riding on 16's

Postby TriniAutoMart » October 7th, 2013, 9:37 pm

demented wrote:
ImageUploadedByTriniTuner1381190649.385793.jpg

The 2013 Hindu religious calendar printed since 2012

Maybe Bhai Dooj was a lucky day for elections :?

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » October 8th, 2013, 7:39 am

In all the years I know myself, the date for Divali is known in advance in the next year's calendar. And it has never moved.

This is the first time I know that the Divali date has been moved. Just to facilitate an election.

So, what date is Divali this year????

Anyone knows for sure? Or do we go with what Sat says?

TriniAutoMart
Riding on 16's

Postby TriniAutoMart » October 8th, 2013, 9:07 am

I was speaking to a friend of mine from India who lives in the US (east coast) and he was telling me that it would be celebrated on the 2nd. So I'm guessing maybe there is some truth to the date being different on this side of the world. Still not totally convinced though as T&T is not in the same time zone.

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » October 8th, 2013, 5:48 pm

need to start making that hustle for scratch bombs from now.

JoKeR1980
punchin NOS

Postby JoKeR1980 » October 10th, 2013, 8:05 am

INDIA, the country with the largest Hindu population in the world, will be celebrating Divali this year on Sunday November 3.
Trinidad and Tobago however will be observing the official holiday for the festival of lights on Saturday, November 2.
This disparity in the date of celebration has caused some concerns among members of the Hindu community in this country, especially in light of the fact that the St Joseph by-election will be held on Monday, November 4.

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/Gov ... 64051.html

rocknrolla
Riding on 18's

Postby rocknrolla » October 10th, 2013, 8:18 am

i have heard that divali celebrations are to be celebrated on the 2nd in this country. it has been placed in the public domain that the Hindu spiritual leader Sat Maharaj, in his 'expertise' has done the calculations to determine when Divali should be celebrated.

allow me to introduce to u a primer on the divali date calculations: which i do not believe in any way to be rocket science in which a spiritual leader's say and expert knowledge is required. one needs only to be able to read and understand.

according to the following website which only took me 5 minutes research to verify..
http://www.deepavali.net/calendar.php

The date of divali is determined by the darkest night of the moon. also known as the 'New Moon', it is the day when the moon has the least illumination. to discover this date, one need only examine the phases of the moon which operates in a cyclic pattern and is thus predicted with decent accuracy, unlike the weather forecast.

according to the following website, well known for it's calendar keeping services in relation to astrological observations, it is stated here and just about everywhere else, that the new moon or Darkest moon will fall on NOVEMBER 3RD in Trinidad and Tobago and begins at 5:57am:

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/a ... =-11&day=1

the following is a world map depicting the fall of darkness on the earth over trinidad beginning 5:57am

later in the evening at 7pm

original source of map with settings:
http://www.timeanddate.com/astronomy/mo ... n=58&sec=0

thus based on this information, which i will continue to research throughout the day, i am left to understand that there is no justifiable reason why the the date would or should be moved to the NOVEMBER 2ND A SATURDAY if the objective is to celebrate divali on the day of the darkest moon illumination level.

but why would this be done?

word on the street is that a political arrangement. the st joseph by-election is scheduled for 4th November and thus Kamla and Sat are pushing off the true date of Divali celebrations to maintain the November 4th since if Divali was celbrated on NOVEMBER 3RD A SUNDAY, the following Monday NOVEMBER 4TH would automatically be a Public Holiday.

i say for the Hindu community to allow this transgression is an acceptance of gross misconduct by spiritual leaders in cahouts with political agendas preying on your naivety. to allow a political agenda to override your religious celebration will no doubt be an indication of weakness in your Hindu faith where materialistic agendas can interject on how accurately you practice your spirituality.

worst yet, not only will the 2nd of NOVEMBER not be the darkest night of the moon, it will be in a waning crescent according to:
http://www.vercalendario.info/en/moon/t ... -2013.html

Quote:
There are 30 days in November 2013. A waning crescent moon starts on November 1, 2013 (ends on November 2, 2013) visible in the pre-dawn and morning. There is a new moon on November 3, 2013 (traditionally not visible) after which the moon will start waxing once again.

meaning that allowing Divali to be celebrated on the 2nd instead of the 3rd, will mean divali is celebrated on the day of the waning crescent. this means that the moon will be present and u might as well celebrate Divali on the day of the brightest sun. since there is no integrity in the practice if a political agenda can override your religious festivities.

effectively it seems to reveal to me that the date of the St. Joseph by-election was planned and scheduled on the 4th SPECIFICALLY to deny the citizens of Trinidad and Tobago a public holiday and being supported and sealed into position by adjusting the true date of Divali celebrations.

effectively, a Holiday ordained by the Hindu Gods and the practice of worship has been stolen from the public in UTTER SPIRITUAL CORRUPTION.

but Mr. Sat, no matter what day you put the election it not going to help Kamla luck. in fact.. this revelation will ENSURE.. THAT NOONE VOTES FOR THE PP COME BY-ELECTION DAY, OR NO OTHER DAY

THE LEVEL OF CORRUPTION IS JUST TOO DAMN HIGH. and this ladies and gentlemen shows that there is no boundary they will not cross to fullfill political agendas for money and power over the masses. this desperation and this pride is the downfall of the UNC.

IT IS OVER!

rocknrolla
Riding on 18's

Postby rocknrolla » October 10th, 2013, 8:29 am

i like when my activist threads get deleted. it isnpires me to be MORE Agressive with delivering my message to MULTIPLE PUBLIC AVENUES. THANK YOU!

tr1ad
2NR phototakerouter

Postby tr1ad » October 10th, 2013, 8:33 am

rocknrolla wrote:i like when my activist threads get deleted. it isnpires me to be MORE Agressive with delivering my message to MULTIPLE PUBLIC AVENUES. THANK YOU!

you need to have a chill pill

there was no need to have a second thread about the same thing when one currently existed

i suggest wearing red to protest around the savannah

Hook
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Hook » October 10th, 2013, 8:34 am

One can also drive with one's headlights on.

rocknrolla
Riding on 18's

Postby rocknrolla » October 10th, 2013, 8:35 am

they couldve leave it front page for the day self. the argument posted stands out from all else posted on this thread. now it is hidden in a cloud of opinions and pages. and will of course reach less people as the thread progresses. so i have to make up for that.

wasnt even merged. just deleted together with all user comments.

tr1ad
2NR phototakerouter

Postby tr1ad » October 10th, 2013, 8:37 am

rocknrolla wrote:they couldve leave it front page for the day self. the argument posted stands out from all else posted on this thread. now it is hidden in a cloud of opinions and pages. and will of course reach less people as the thread progresses. so i have to make up for that.

apparently you're one of those that see only what they post as being important, the thread had nothing of substance, hell not even the first post in that thread was of substance....

i think there's a tyre man somewhere looking to dispose of used tyres.... it might help the cause

Rainman
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Rainman » October 10th, 2013, 8:39 am

rocknrolla wrote:they couldve leave it front page for the day self. the argument posted stands out from all else posted on this thread. now it is hidden in a cloud of opinions and pages. and will of course reach less people as the thread progresses. so i have to make up for that.

rocknrolla, how does someone as educated as you claim to be still believe in such hokum as religion?

JoKeR1980
punchin NOS

Postby JoKeR1980 » October 10th, 2013, 8:43 am

is attention yuh looking for dey?

Rainman
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Rainman » October 10th, 2013, 8:48 am

rocknrolla, how does someone as educated as you claim to be still believe in such hokum as religion?

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » October 10th, 2013, 8:48 am

One set ah beat up about a holiday and 3/4 of trinis not even hindu and don't really care about some injun religion.

rocknrolla
Riding on 18's

Postby rocknrolla » October 10th, 2013, 8:49 am

Rainman wrote:

is not about believing in religion. but the religious practices are symbolic of very important historical event. like making a theatre production out of a plane crash. a re-enactment meant to convey the message and moral of the historical record. we dont go crashing a plane every time to celebrate, we re-enact it with symbols. and it is deeply spiritual. divine light conquering the darkness of the mind.. PURE DARKNESS as in when eyes are closed in meditation. divine light comes forth out of this darkness.

the celebration of light conquering darkness obviously requires darkness. and the greatest darkness we get is in this new moon. so this year.. it will be a celebration of light conquering some darkness and a piece of light. it is a hypocritical stance.

rocknrolla
Riding on 18's

Postby rocknrolla » October 10th, 2013, 8:58 am

http://lunaf.com/english/moon-phases/lu ... 013/11/02/

shows november 3rd moon illumination for Trinidad & Tobago

For calculation of the lunar phase and the course of the moon through the zodiac is taken the moon fraction at 12 o'clock noon on the given date.

When crossing the zodiac from one zodiac sign to another, often for a short time Moon is Void of course moon. This phenomenon is not marked in the table above.

From New moon to Full moon the Moon is growing bigger (young moon), and after Full moon it is growing small (old moon).

The time the Moon makes a complete orbit around the Earth (sidereal period) is 27.321661 days. The time between two consecutive New moon phases is 29.53058867 days.

rocknrolla
Riding on 18's

Postby rocknrolla » October 10th, 2013, 9:01 am

anyhow.. November 2nd is my birthday. so i dont mind if the whole country celebrate my birthday with me.. . muhahhahhahaa

rocknrolla
Riding on 18's

Postby rocknrolla » October 10th, 2013, 9:31 am

Sat conquering the last sliver of light to take we into darkness yes hahahahaha

how's that for a symbolic doctrine.

Cid
Riding on 17's

Postby Cid » October 10th, 2013, 9:56 am

lol .... this ched is kix,....
but im pretty sure this wasnt a deliberate move to facilitate the elections ..
maha sabha always gets 60% of the dates wrong 95% of the time

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”