TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

.::The Official General Election 2015 Thread::.

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Which major party will you be voting for in G.E. 2015?

Poll ended at April 9th, 2014, 7:52 pm

People's National Movement
26%
People's Partnership
53%
Independent Liberal Party
2%
Neither/Abstain
20%

Total votes: 388

pioneer
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: .::The Official General Election 2015 Thread::.

Postby pioneer » October 12th, 2014, 10:43 pm

Eventually the earth would reshape and cleanse itself again. We'll all be fossil fuel for the next generation of humanity and the process starts all over again.

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » October 12th, 2014, 10:45 pm

T&T is not running out of gas soon. The prospects just lie further into deeper water meaning less return on investment. But with the US flooding the market with natural gas the prices will be low and not justify deepwater production.

Plus concurrent maintenance downtime at our refinery not helping us either.

Nevertheless, the Gov't has fail to be an early stage adjuster to mitigate against this and we are in no better situation than prior to aluminium smelter plans which would have consumed our excess natural gas.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » October 12th, 2014, 11:20 pm

^ funny enough Manning had an excellent track record in the energy sector of this country. Even though he squandered it all, smelter would have put us in the same position and PPG took office with an empty treasury. So with all Manning's great track record on Energy, how did it really help us when Kamla took office with empty treasury?

This does not look good for us, it is time we remove the subsidy on gasoline in this country.

Too many idiots leaving their vehicles running with AC while they in the mall etc so when they come back out it will be cool, for every gallon of gas these morons waste is a gallon we could have sold abroad.

This gimme gimme mentality started under PNM and continues to flourish under Kamla.
But I think it was manning who had the balls to remove the subsidy on Premium?
Last edited by EFFECTIC DESIGNS on October 12th, 2014, 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hustla_ambition101
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hustla_ambition101 » October 12th, 2014, 11:29 pm

I don't know who worse, natio or effectic

Morpheus
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Morpheus » October 13th, 2014, 12:14 am

LoL @ empty treasury. That was platform talk bai. Come nah man, keep up.....

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » October 13th, 2014, 5:32 am

hustla_ambition101 wrote:I don't know who worse, natio or effectic

How dare you insult natio like that.

RASC
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RASC » October 13th, 2014, 5:40 am

Why did PP supporters flip flop on their support for the PNM highway to Point Fortin?

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » October 13th, 2014, 6:08 am

I think Effective Designs will be very disappointed when he does see DVP on the 2015 ballot.

Crackpot
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Crackpot » October 13th, 2014, 6:40 am

Good Governance is at its lowest in T&T's history

janfar
punchin NOS

Postby janfar » October 13th, 2014, 11:56 am

Allergic2BunnyEars wrote:

Ahahahhahahahahhaha... Effectic should take his account, stretch it thin and long like rope and end himself with it...

UML
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby UML » October 20th, 2014, 8:31 am

The Calcutta ship landed at Macoya on Saturday :|

#noshame

rfari
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rfari » October 20th, 2014, 8:34 am

janfar wrote:
Allergic2BunnyEars wrote:

Ahahahhahahahahhaha... Effectic should take his account, stretch it thin and long like rope and end himself with it...

Ogoooaaaarr

rfari
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rfari » October 20th, 2014, 8:34 am

UML wrote:The Calcutta ship landed at Macoya on Saturday :|

#noshame

Is this racist uml?

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » October 20th, 2014, 8:42 am

poor UML

toyota2nr
18 pounds of Boost

Postby toyota2nr » October 21st, 2014, 7:12 am

Landed? More like it adrift and didn't make it to port. Poor poor balisier had to cancel.

UML

Postby UML » October 21st, 2014, 8:38 am

^^^ God works in mysterious ways :)

rfari
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rfari » October 21st, 2014, 8:40 am

Sorry fellas. Its on for tmmrw. 8-)

sliderz1
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby sliderz1 » October 21st, 2014, 8:49 am

that neither/abstain group number is concerning

rfari
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rfari » October 21st, 2014, 8:52 am

sliderz1 wrote:that neither/abstain group number is concerning

Glad u noticed. Political lines AFAIK are already drawn. Pos constituencies going pnm and tabaquite and the like going UNC. What is the strategy to swing the undecided?

hustla_ambition101
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hustla_ambition101 » October 21st, 2014, 4:38 pm

Im part of the neither crew, mps from both sides of the fence have proven to be useless. Only the Brazil/Talparo/Las Lomas section has seen any activity. There is still a myriad of transport woes in the La Horquetta area made even worse by the the 'no short drop' for those who utilize maxi taxis and on afternoons into evening those travelling from Arima to home as the traffic on Tumpuna rd is an excuse for cars to go short. Even the Tumpuna rd south is problematic with epic traffic all day long. There are also several roads that need paving. Bring solutions to those problems and you might get my vote, dont try to mamaguy me with box drains.

hustla_ambition101
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hustla_ambition101 » October 21st, 2014, 4:41 pm

The undecided and disenchanted can have a huge part to play if they use their power wisely

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » October 21st, 2014, 11:56 pm

Habit7 wrote:T&T is not running out of gas soon. The prospects just lie further into deeper water meaning less return on investment. But with the US flooding the market with natural gas the prices will be low and not justify deepwater production.

Nevertheless, the Gov't has fail to be an early stage adjuster to mitigate against this and we are in no better situation than prior to aluminium smelter plans which would have consumed our excess natural gas.

The multinationals decided in the wake of the Deepwater Horizon incident to undertake major maintenance work on all offshore installations. This leads to gas curtailments on the Point Lisas Industrial Estate. These curtailments did not occur prior to this due to the liberation of reserves that were held by BP/BG etc in empty reservoirs to make up for shortfalls. These reserves cost money to maintain, and BP/BG etc, are no longer prepared to bear these costs alone, (they actually want the Government to fund it), and so unless someone, or PLEA steps in, we will have curtailments.
The Government has no real leverage on this, save for agreeing to foot part of the bill, which they have so far been disinclined to do,so your comments are misplaced and erroneous.

j.o.e

Postby j.o.e » October 22nd, 2014, 4:03 am

I have said before that the undecided/on the fence voter is the key to this election and its a very large group. The PP has to manage its affairs perfectly from now until elections, any major mishaps or blunders will be the thing that will sway people when they start to think in that booth. Thats the reason PP is trying to get more government airtime to drown out anything with 'good news'

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » October 22nd, 2014, 9:05 am

De Dragon wrote:
Habit7 wrote:T&T is not running out of gas soon. The prospects just lie further into deeper water meaning less return on investment. But with the US flooding the market with natural gas the prices will be low and not justify deepwater production.

The multinationals decided in the wake of the Deepwater Horizon incident to undertake major maintenance work on all offshore installations. This leads to gas curtailments on the Point Lisas Industrial Estate. These curtailments did not occur prior to this due to the liberation of reserves that were held by BP/BG etc in empty reservoirs to make up for shortfalls. These reserves cost money to maintain, and BP/BG etc, are no longer prepared to bear these costs alone, (they actually want the Government to fund it), and so unless someone, or PLEA steps in, we will have curtailments.
The Government has no real leverage on this, save for agreeing to foot part of the bill, which they have so far been disinclined to do,so your comments are misplaced and erroneous.

What I said there has not much to do with Point Lisas. I am talking about the next big revenue earner for T&T. The sound realiable industrial investments made by past govts have surpassed their crest and it is incumbent on this govt to propose something viable.

After 4 years, we are left no better than 2009.

UML

Postby UML » October 22nd, 2014, 9:18 am

hustla_ambition101 wrote:Im part of the neither crew

:shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:|

j.o.e wrote:I have said before that the undecided/on the fence voter is the key to this election and its a very large group. The PP has to manage its affairs perfectly from now until elections, any major mishaps or blunders will be the thing that will sway people when they start to think in that booth. Thats the reason PP is trying to get more government airtime to drown out anything with 'good news'

i doubt it have anything they could do good :roll:

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » October 22nd, 2014, 10:55 pm

Habit7 wrote:
De Dragon wrote:

What I said there has not much to do with Point Lisas. I am talking about the next big revenue earner for T&T. The sound realiable industrial investments made by past govts have surpassed their crest and it is incumbent on this govt to propose something viable.

After 4 years, we are left no better than 2009.

You do realize that the world economy tanked in 2009 right? The recovery is still ongoing, and as such many planned investments were either cancelled, or shelved. I also don't understand where you wanted the country to be post 2009. seems like your time reference is specific to the PP Gov't. Why not ask where we are since independence, or since the oil booms. Once again you bring clear bias to your argument and are thus undeserving of serious consideration.

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » October 23rd, 2014, 12:06 am

I think you are missing my point. In the early 90's T&T started to position itself for the windfalls from natural gas and other downstream activities. That blossomed with our last boom in early 2000's.

Now that shale gas is flooding the market, and our advantageous position is lost, what are we positioning ourselves for to earn in the next 10-20 years? We closed the door on aluminum smelting and the downstream manufacturing revenue, since then what has been proposed to earn revenue when we are sitting on cheap gas and low demand for its already established downstream industries?

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » October 23rd, 2014, 1:08 am

Habit7 wrote:I think you are missing my point. In the early 90's T&T started to position itself for the windfalls from natural gas and other downstream activities. That blossomed with our last boom in early 2000's.

Now that shale gas is flooding the market, and our advantageous position is lost, what are we positioning ourselves for to earn in the next 10-20 years? We closed the door on aluminum smelting and the downstream manufacturing revenue, since then what has been proposed to earn revenue when we are sitting on cheap gas and low demand for its already established downstream industries?

As I said, money is tight and even multinationals are reevaluating where they invest. Also many foreign investors are looking at our curtailment issues, BP has committed about 10B USD in exploration etc over the next few years while Mitsubishi's DME plant is expected to come on line late next year. There is also agreement in principle on AUM II. The standard attractions are tax breaks,holidays, skilled labour, but even these cannot attract investors with no money to invest.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » October 23rd, 2014, 1:18 am

^^^ Habit7 is Mr doom n gloom. In the abundance of water a fool is thirsty.
Immigrants seeing something while others sit by and let time go by.

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » October 23rd, 2014, 1:02 pm

In the early 90's the economic situation wasn't all that great both for us or the world but we spotted the trend and position ourselves. The Mitsubishi plant is still in line with old plan and is the one out of others that didn't pulled out.

We have spent our largest budgets ever on credit earned over the last 15 years so money is not tight with us. Where is the future innovation, if not, we will be left behind the curve.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”