this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

mitch1980
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Microsoft users Windows 7,8,8.1 free upgrade to Windows 10

Postby mitch1980 » January 21st, 2015, 1:39 pm

http://www.engadget.com/2015/01/21/wind ... e-upgrade/

http://bgr.com/2015/01/21/awesome-news- ... s-7-users/

Here’s some awesome news for Windows users: You’ll be able to upgrade to Windows 10 if you’re still using Windows 7. This is particularly significant because before Microsoft only confirmed that upgrading from Windows 8.1 would be free. However, Microsoft is determined to end fragmentation in its Windows empire and there’s no better way to do that than by giving away its newest software to users for free.

There is a slight catch for Windows 7 users, however: You’ll have to upgrade to Windows 10 within a year of its release to get it for free. After that, Microsoft will charge you money to upgrade. All the same, one year should be plenty of time for most Windows 7 users to make the switch.

In the past Microsoft has been able to charge people money for upgrading their computers. However, in an age when both Apple and Google offer the latest software to users for free, Microsoft has had to adjust its practices.

Windows 10 represents Microsoft’s attempt to correct some of the issues that many longtime PC users had with Windows 8 and is making the platform more friendly to desktop users. At the same time it’s keeping a lot of the touch-centric features it introduced with Windows 8 and has thus decided to make Windows 10 more context aware of whether it’s being used on a tablet, a laptop or a desktop computer.

ismithx
punchin NOS

Re: Microsoft users Windows 7,8,8.1 free upgrade to Windows

Postby ismithx » January 21st, 2015, 3:10 pm

Windows holographic though, and holo lens

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » January 21st, 2015, 4:05 pm

Will try it!

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » January 21st, 2015, 4:10 pm

Too true to be good?
Will do it anyway. Moved from 8 to 8.1 and then back again to 7.
Expecting great things from 10 but would like a clean install over an upgrade over an existing system.

src1983
18 pounds of Boost

Postby src1983 » January 21st, 2015, 4:23 pm

When will the upgrade be available??

moses_boss12
Trinituner Peong
Location: The Beautiful Hills of.................... Hellshire!!

Postby moses_boss12 » January 21st, 2015, 4:25 pm

Will Try it out..should be cool

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » January 21st, 2015, 4:33 pm

Hololens

I now see why MS bought Minecraft!!! lol

shogun
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby shogun » January 21st, 2015, 5:11 pm

Hmmmm. Might give this a try.

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » January 21st, 2015, 5:15 pm

will try it....when will it be available.???

Spitfir3
punchin NOS

Postby Spitfir3 » January 21st, 2015, 5:31 pm

nice i may actually move from 7

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » January 21st, 2015, 5:49 pm

XP crew checking in :oops:

bluesclues
punchin NOS

Postby bluesclues » January 21st, 2015, 11:26 pm

free ting. yeah.. hanzel and gretel comes to mind. am i the only one finds this move suspicious? why would they do this? where are they going to gain, because u know they must gain and win. after all these years of coding u gone give everyone an upgrade for free? riiiiight. microsoft feeling charitable with software all of a sudden?

DTAC
18 pounds of Boost

Postby DTAC » January 21st, 2015, 11:43 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:Hololens

I now see why MS bought Minecraft!!! lol

I watched the video and thought wow that looks amazing then realised, "Wait a minute, I can *do* that." Genuine hard LOL was had.

Good move by Microsoft. Windows 8 was an abomination and the sooner forgotten the better.

bluesclues wrote:free ting. yeah.. hanzel and gretel comes to mind. am i the only one finds this move suspicious? why would they do this? where are they going to gain, because u know they must gain and win. after all these years of coding u gone give everyone an upgrade for free? riiiiight. microsoft feeling charitable with software all of a sudden?

Simple answer is that Windows 8 was an unmitigated disaster. Huge misstep, probably more than even Windows Vista.

They needed to distance themselves from Windows 8 as far as possible (hence completely jumping over calling it "Windows 9" as numerically it's still too close to "8" for consumers to be comfortable.
They didn't want people thinking Windows 9 was a big update for Windows 8. They want it to be considered a completely separate and apart OS.

Another complete OS missteps like Windows 8 would be catastrophic for Microsoft, and would cost them far far more is lost revenue, consumer confidence and share price than what they lose by giving away the new OS for a year by a huge margin.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » January 21st, 2015, 11:48 pm

bluesclues wrote:free ting. yeah.. hanzel and gretel comes to mind. am i the only one finds this move suspicious? why would they do this? where are they going to gain, because u know they must gain and win. after all these years of coding u gone give everyone an upgrade for free? riiiiight. microsoft feeling charitable with software all of a sudden?
free upgrade, not free OS. Buy a new computer and you will pay for it in the cost of the computer.

The idea here is to proliferate the OS as much as possible to maintain market share and reduce migration to competition.

fouljuice
Shifting into 6th

Postby fouljuice » January 21st, 2015, 11:53 pm

bluesclues wrote:free ting. yeah.. hanzel and gretel comes to mind. am i the only one finds this move suspicious? why would they do this?

I don't know if it would work with pirate versions. So people might have to get a valid Win 7 or 8 key first to qualify for the upgrade.
Might be to persuade the ones who refuse to leave 7, and the ones who made the switch to 8 and were disappointed. DirectX12 is exclusive to W10 too.

I won't be surprised if they introduce a subscription fee for updates or something like that.
Btw I didn't watch the Webcast so I don't know if those things were talked about.

http://news.microsoft.com/windows10story/

And also:
Inside.

bluesclues
punchin NOS

Postby bluesclues » January 22nd, 2015, 12:44 am

well windows 8 was definitely nonesense. nice appearance but impractical for anything other than "surface" applications with touchscreen support. never saw it as a personal desktop o/s. hardware manufacturers take too long to update their drivers for older devices etc. but i dont think it was as buggy as windows me(perhaps nothing ever will be).

just watched a few videos on windows 10. was not impressed. it's like windows 7 and 8 combined with a few aesthetic enhancements that really not worth the trouble to upgrade imo. unless u really really really need directx12 for whatever reason. but that is where me and microsoft have beef. this kind of thing where they abandon past users and dont create backward compatible software upgrades to force ppl to buy their new sheit is the part where i decide i will stay with windows 7. would still be on xp if i didnt need the new appsdk.. which only runs on windows 7.

as far as im concerned.. microsoft should just stop upgrading their user interface. they are obviously out of useful and innovative ideas that will create a practical user experience and seamless changeover to utilize older hardware. just improve memory handling. make code more efficient and give people the same interface. what they could or should do is separate these crap enhancements into individual programs u can choose to install or not if u want them. i dont even want that windows 8 start screen on my computer. basic start menu will do as i set all my systems to classic menu appearance anyway.

basically. i dont want it even though it's free. does not want. lol

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » January 22nd, 2015, 12:59 am

^ well you certainly seem to think you know what you are talking about.

stev
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby stev » January 22nd, 2015, 1:05 am

bluesclues wrote:well windows 8 was definitely nonesense. nice appearance but impractical for anything other than "surface" applications with touchscreen support. never saw it as a personal desktop o/s. hardware manufacturers take too long to update their drivers for older devices etc. but i dont think it was as buggy as windows me(perhaps nothing ever will be).

just watched a few videos on windows 10. was not impressed. it's like windows 7 and 8 combined with a few aesthetic enhancements that really not worth the trouble to upgrade imo. unless u really really really need directx12 for whatever reason. but that is where me and microsoft have beef. this kind of thing where they abandon past users and dont create backward compatible software upgrades to force ppl to buy their new sheit is the part where i decide i will stay with windows 7. would still be on xp if i didnt need the new appsdk.. which only runs on windows 7.

as far as im concerned.. microsoft should just stop upgrading their user interface. they are obviously out of useful and innovative ideas that will create a practical user experience and seamless changeover to utilize older hardware. just improve memory handling. make code more efficient and give people the same interface. what they could or should do is separate these crap enhancements into individual programs u can choose to install or not if u want them. i dont even want that windows 8 start screen on my computer. basic start menu will do as i set all my systems to classic menu appearance anyway.

basically. i dont want it even though it's free. does not want. lol

really?...really?...................wow...

...just when I decided to give u a chance and listen to ur logic...u go and post this BS

I think u shud come off tuner rocknrolla....we cudda laze in d earlies...but not now.

bluesclues
punchin NOS

Postby bluesclues » January 22nd, 2015, 1:15 am

lmao. i couldnt even finish the 3 hr presentation. just seemed like they were overinflating simple software enhancements and wasting time i could be watching ascension episodes with lol

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » January 22nd, 2015, 8:40 am

Is there a catch? Here's the fine print from the Windows 10 page on Microsoft's site:

“It is our intent that most of these devices will qualify, but some hardware/software requirements apply and feature availability may vary by device. Devices must be connected to the internet and have Windows Update enabled. ISP fees may apply. Windows 7 SP1 and Windows 8.1 Update required. Some editions are excluded: Windows 7 Enterprise, Windows 8/8.1 Enterprise, and Windows RT/RT 8.1. Active Software Assurance customers in volume licensing have the benefit to upgrade to Windows 10 Enterprise outside of this offer. We will be sharing more information and additional offer terms in coming months.”

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2873214/windows-10-will-be-a-free-upgrade-for-windows-7-and-8-users.html

btw W10 may be released in October 2015.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » January 22nd, 2015, 10:21 am

maj. tom wrote:btw W10 may be released in October 2015.
jeez, by then even BLU might have a better product than hololens :lol:

Spitfir3
punchin NOS

Postby Spitfir3 » January 22nd, 2015, 11:57 am

f'real i was hoping it would be released by June or somn not yr end plz god

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » January 22nd, 2015, 7:22 pm

somebody might leak it before

trinidrift
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby trinidrift » January 22nd, 2015, 7:40 pm

I eeeennnn data!

nismoid
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby nismoid » January 22nd, 2015, 7:50 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:^ well you certainly seem to think you know what you are talking about.

OK take all 10
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

bluesclues
punchin NOS

Postby bluesclues » January 29th, 2015, 2:24 am

will hope that hololens studio can install on windows 7 lmao

~Vēġó~
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby ~Vēġó~ » January 30th, 2015, 1:01 am

good info....I say it ready, didn't kn0o0w was quite october...no problem: free/quick/good (choose 2)

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”