Forums

Some HDC home prices published

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Yeo
TunerGod

Some HDC home prices published

Postby Yeo » June 18th, 2008, 12:18 pm

Robert Rivers, a computer technician, and his wife, Shelly, a high school teacher, have been married for the last four years and together earn $17,000.

They have no children.

They have been living with Rivers’ mother in San Fernando.

The T&T Mortgage Company (TTMF) has told the Rivers they can look for a house costing $802,000.

The ten per cent downpayment on a house with that price tag, and its associated legal fees, is $134,856.

“We don’t have the downpayment, much less the legal fees,â€

honda hoe
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby honda hoe » June 18th, 2008, 12:20 pm

wasn't dis in d papers las week?

W2J
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby W2J » June 18th, 2008, 12:25 pm

Rivers, who was born and raised in San Fernando, does not want to live in north Trinidad.

Corrected

Rivers, who was born and raised in San Fernando, cannot afford to live in north Trinidad.

Yeo
TunerGod

Postby Yeo » June 18th, 2008, 12:27 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: roflmao G yuh wicked jed :lol: :lol:

tr1ad
2NR phototakerouter

Postby tr1ad » June 18th, 2008, 12:35 pm

sigh

i cant even get a house for my mom from d fackers

pablo_tt
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby pablo_tt » June 18th, 2008, 12:46 pm

wmtc @ boys lane cost. With that figure I assume it's the one by the poultry depot and not the one by the gas station

AbstractPoetic
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby AbstractPoetic » June 18th, 2008, 12:54 pm

Not bad at all.

Greypatch
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Greypatch » June 18th, 2008, 12:54 pm

Rivers, who was born and raised in San Fernando, cannot afford to live in north Trinidad.

LMAO

AbstractPoetic
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby AbstractPoetic » June 18th, 2008, 12:55 pm

W2J wrote:
Rivers, who was born and raised in San Fernando, does not want to live in north Trinidad.

Corrected

Check yourself.

SmokeyGTi
punchin NOS

Postby SmokeyGTi » June 18th, 2008, 1:03 pm

those prices sounding real cheep.

question is, will people in the middle-income bracket be allowed to purchase them?

crazybalhead
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby crazybalhead » June 18th, 2008, 1:07 pm

AbstractPoetic wrote:Not bad at all.
\

Ap, those houses are of a very inferior quality. Anybody resorting to buying one should be very careful in doing so.

MonsterPower
punchin NOS

Postby MonsterPower » June 18th, 2008, 1:10 pm

read this and was thinking the same thing .... buying now is a killer.....

what i go do when i hadda build next year ????? :cry: :cry: :cry:

AbstractPoetic
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby AbstractPoetic » June 18th, 2008, 1:10 pm

crazybalhead wrote:
\

Ap, those houses are of a very inferior quality. Anybody resorting to buying one should be very careful in doing so.

Doesn't change the fact that there will still be buyers despite its inferior quality.

Same applies for those paying $2million for the same inferior quality but only in different communities.

evo-STI-k

Postby evo-STI-k » June 18th, 2008, 1:31 pm

W2J wrote:

Corrected

Rivers, who was born and raised in San Fernando, cannot afford to live in north Trinidad and apparently the north people do not want southern neighbours.

fixed and agreed!

crazybalhead
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby crazybalhead » June 18th, 2008, 1:35 pm

AbstractPoetic wrote:
crazybalhead wrote:
\

Doesn't change the fact that there will still be buyers despite its inferior quality.

Same applies for those paying $2million for the same inferior quality but only in different communities.

True girl. When we were looking we looked at an apartment in champ fleur for 1.2 (at the time, thing it is more than 2 mil now) and it was brand new, there were cracks in the ceiling, cupboards were falling apart, a real mess.

Conrad
punchin NOS

Postby Conrad » June 18th, 2008, 1:35 pm

There will always be buyers AP but what you have to look at is the market has slowed down considerably. I for one do not plan to purchase land until this pest of a crime spree brings a blessing of lowered real estate. Until then I'll either attempt to get a house from the gov't or invest in real estate i.e. purchase and sell. I'm not going to sit on something that will decrease in value someday...soon.

crazybalhead
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby crazybalhead » June 18th, 2008, 1:36 pm

evo-STI-k wrote:
W2J wrote:

Corrected

Rivers, who was born and raised in San Fernando, cannot afford to live in north Trinidad and apparently the north people do not want southern neighbours who would make them look shallow and limited in their national outlook.

fixed and agreed!

yes fully agree and fixed.

eurogirl
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby eurogirl » June 18th, 2008, 1:41 pm

evo-STI-k wrote:
W2J wrote:

Corrected

Rivers, who was born and raised in San Fernando, cannot afford to live in north Trinidad and apparently the north people do not want southern neighbours.

fixed and agreed!

ENT

steups is either south ppl or the Venie's invading north like bachac

AbstractPoetic
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby AbstractPoetic » June 18th, 2008, 1:47 pm

crazybalhead wrote:
AbstractPoetic wrote:
crazybalhead wrote:
\

True girl. When we were looking we looked at an apartment in champ fleur for 1.2 (at the time, thing it is more than 2 mil now) and it was brand new, there were cracks in the ceiling, cupboards were falling apart, a real mess.

Perhaps you should consider relocating to the States? You can get a 4 bedroom, 2.5 bathroom HOME with your own garage and spacious backyard for the same price in places like Georgia, the Carolinas, Tennessee, etc. You won't have to deal with snow, just high gas prices (this will soon change, however).

And if you both have some professional skills, I'm sure you'd be able to make more here too.

Have you considered other parts of the Caribbean?

An apartment costing THAT much BEFORE renovations is just plain ludicrous.

AbstractPoetic
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby AbstractPoetic » June 18th, 2008, 1:52 pm

Conrad wrote:There will always be buyers AP but what you have to look at is the market has slowed down considerably. I for one do not plan to purchase land until this pest of a crime spree brings a blessing of lowered real estate. Until then I'll either attempt to get a house from the gov't or invest in real estate i.e. purchase and sell. I'm not going to sit on something that will decrease in value someday...soon.

So out of curiosity, do people like yourself saving towards buying property currently rent at much cheaper prices and/or live with parents?

And if you currently rent, is how much you pay affected by current market prices?

What about married couples? Do most live on their own renting at a cheaper price but a much more uncomfortable setting?

What is the more economically feasible route taken by prospective real estate/home/apartment buyers in Trinidad?

crazybalhead
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby crazybalhead » June 18th, 2008, 1:52 pm

Don't want to disclose my business here, but no thanks on living in the US.

And we already have a three bedroom two bath, own garage and nice backyard home thanks. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

crazychinee
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby crazychinee » June 18th, 2008, 1:55 pm

crazybalhead wrote:
\

Actually I disagree. I know for a fact that the houses in Roystonia are of a very high quality.

I dunno bout the rest doh...when the 7.0 earthquake hit we go find out.

AbstractPoetic
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby AbstractPoetic » June 18th, 2008, 1:56 pm

crazybalhead wrote:Don't want to disclose my business here, but no thanks on living in the US.

And we already have a three bedroom two bath, own garage and nice backyard home thanks. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

GREAT!

Any advice for prospective buyers like myself? How'd you get in on that deal (and be able to afford it)? Where did you start?

crazybalhead
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby crazybalhead » June 18th, 2008, 1:58 pm

Dinesh wrote:
crazybalhead wrote:
\

Actually I disagree. I know for a fact that the houses in Roystonia are of a very high quality.

I dunno bout the rest doh...when the 7.0 earthquake hit we go find out.

Roystonia was long before this batch.

crazybalhead
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby crazybalhead » June 18th, 2008, 2:00 pm

AbstractPoetic wrote:
crazybalhead wrote:Don't want to disclose my business here, but no thanks on living in the US.

GREAT!

Any advice for prospective buyers like myself? How'd you get in on that deal (and be able to afford it)? Where did you start?

Start by saving.
Go to various lending institutions and find out how much you realistically qualify for, this will narrow your purchases to a certain price range.
Look at as many properties as you can.

Buy house!

We eventually got our house through a tuner, he knew of someone selling and it had not hit the market yet. So netwroking is important.

Think outside your comfort zone, get out of the east west corridor mentality, there are a lot of nice properties to be had outside that area.

AbstractPoetic
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby AbstractPoetic » June 18th, 2008, 2:09 pm

crazybalhead,

Not to get into specifics, but how long did it take you to:

1. Save
2. Search

Did you both save and search concurrently or did you set a budget/timeline/financial goal, then went onto the market?

Lastly, what were living accommodations like WHILST saving? Did you rent, live menially, live at parents, etc?

I'm just trying to decipher what worked for some and what may perhaps work for me.

Thanks!
Last edited by AbstractPoetic on June 18th, 2008, 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » June 18th, 2008, 2:09 pm

most of those places listed the average income earner won't want to live there anywhere, perceived bad areas and most likely are

- Rovin's car audio -
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby - Rovin's car audio - » June 18th, 2008, 2:10 pm

MonsterPower wrote:read this and was thinking the same thing .... buying now is a killer.....

what i go do when i hadda build next year ????? :cry: :cry: :cry:

do what ppl used to do longtime - add ah extension unto ur fadda house & mind ur family dey .... :P

evo-STI-k

Postby evo-STI-k » June 18th, 2008, 2:11 pm

eurogirl wrote:
evo-STI-k wrote:
W2J wrote:

Corrected

fixed and agreed!

ENT

steups is either south ppl or the Venie's invading north like bachac

bring d venezzzzzzz... dem sexier! :lol:

crazybalhead
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby crazybalhead » June 18th, 2008, 2:12 pm

AbstractPoetic wrote:crazybalhead,

Not to get into specifics, but how long did it take you:

1. Save
2. Search

Do you both save and search concurrently or did you set a budget/timeline/financial goal, then went onto the market?

Lastly, what were living accommodations like WHILST saving? Did you rent, live menially, live at parents, etc?

I'm just trying to decipher what worked for some and what may perhaps work for me.

Thanks!

It took us about three years of saving, and about two years looking concurrently.

We were both renting separately and then together when we got married, and not menially, economically yes. I have not lived at my childhood home since I was 18, and neither has my wife.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”