TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Price Listings for new Pickups

Diesel, Gas, 4x4, 4x2

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Forum rules
This forum is for discussions on Trucks and Pickups only!
DO NOT POST ADS IN HERE
WTB (Want to buy), LF (Looking for), EOI (Expression of Interest) or FS (For sale) topics etc will be deleted.
If you are looking for a part please search or post in the Auto Parts Classifieds.
Please keep all discussion professional and technical. Opinions are welcomed, however trolling, spamming and bashing will not be tolerated.
*Phoenix*
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Re: Price Listings for new Pickups

Postby *Phoenix* » May 19th, 2010, 10:08 pm

4x4 2.5L turbo diesel XLT $225k VS 4x4 3.0L turbo diesel hilux manual $225k

So why choose the Ranger over that Hilux?

civic minded
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby civic minded » May 19th, 2010, 11:31 pm

^^ that dont look right - i think the $225 is for the Hurricane - it would be cheaper without the accessories.
Plus comparing the Hilux 3.0 TD with full leather interior etc to the Thunder which is also full leather - the Thunder was cheaper ( this is when i was buying - i am not too sure now)

*Phoenix*
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby *Phoenix* » May 20th, 2010, 9:57 am

I dont think the 3.0 Manual Hilux comes with Leather interior. I think just the Automatic version come with that.

If its not right... something wrong.. It have so much Ranger men in here to not get that right.. LOL :twisted:

jhonnieblue
Riding on 18's

Postby jhonnieblue » May 20th, 2010, 10:18 am

*Phoenix* correct there, wheni went for my qoute i wanted and auto but it was to high compared to the other auots out there now

civic minded
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby civic minded » May 20th, 2010, 5:17 pm

when i purchase my ranger - the 3.0 tdci 4x4 double cab - they only have it in auto and the price i was getting it for - i have to pay more than 50K to get the hilux with the same specs and i had to wait 3 months

gundelero
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby gundelero » May 20th, 2010, 8:44 pm

civic minded, whats the hp rating of your ranger?

Mr. Red Sleeper
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Mr. Red Sleeper » May 26th, 2010, 4:40 pm

^140+/-

2x4 Ranger $169k..?

Val
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Val » May 30th, 2010, 7:09 pm

The 3.0 ranger is supposed to have 156 bhp

civic minded
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby civic minded » May 30th, 2010, 9:32 pm

so Phoenix - you dont think people just prefer the ranger over the hilux?
honestly i test drive both and i like the ranger more than the hilux - to me - the ranger is more of a 'pickup' a 4x4 vehicle - the hilux feel more like a over-sized car.

lighthammer
punchin NOS

Postby lighthammer » May 31st, 2010, 2:34 am

^^^^^ x2

Nissan, toyota and Mitsu are trying to appeal to the "average" driver who sees the pickup less as a workhorse and more as a family vehicle.

badart
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby badart » June 1st, 2010, 12:12 pm

i think the appeal is that you can have a workhorse which can also be a family vehicle in terms of comfort and space..creates more value for the customer

Mr. Red Sleeper
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Mr. Red Sleeper » June 1st, 2010, 4:26 pm

^^^Then again, its all up to the needs/wants of each individual.

badart
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby badart » June 1st, 2010, 8:31 pm

^ yep thats right..it all comes down to a combination of personal preference and financial position of the individual

civic minded
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby civic minded » June 1st, 2010, 8:41 pm

i think the hilux is over rated - right now there is other brands that holdup dependability and reliability better than the hilux
I didn't buy the hilux again cause every tom,dick and harrylall have one...the amount of vigo's on the road now - you swear it cheap

*Phoenix*
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby *Phoenix* » June 1st, 2010, 10:17 pm

I checked them all out.. And i like the Ranger but to me the Hilux still has a more refined and quality finish... Seriously not just saying that cuz i had one...

badart
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby badart » June 1st, 2010, 11:07 pm

the hilux is much more than dependability and reliabilty, it is not overated it is rated as one of the best :) , the hilux is the benchmark for all pickups, ive read alot of reviews of different trucks and they always compared these trucks to the hilux that alone should tell you how good it is

the reason y there r so many hilux on the road cuz the hilux appeals to a wider market because of its all round capabilities:- SUV like ride, space and comfort, off-road capabilities, family vehicle, work horse, car show material, toyota build quality, styling and other reason why ppl buy toyota on the hold (high resale value etc)

it sickens me too to see so much hilux on the road also but it comes down again to personal preference..therefore more ppl think the hilux wud suite their needs

the hilux aint cheap..simple econ..higher demand higher the price

every has truck has their own advantages n disadvantages..personally i think the hilux has less disadvantages then the rest and is the best overall :D

civic minded
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby civic minded » June 1st, 2010, 11:47 pm

well this is what i mean - M rampersad - which is the cheapest in all i checked - selling the 3.0 4x4 double cab hilux auto with stock wheels and leather seats -no wood trim or chrome or roll bars etc - 280K. - comes with 1 year warranty.
From the firm - same specs - 293K....with 3 years warranty - this was during their drive away promotion
Know how much i got my ranger 3.0 for ?-- 219K and i got 5 years warranty

badart
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby badart » June 1st, 2010, 11:57 pm

yea the price gettin ridiculous now n the thing is ppl still buyin it..i dunno where they gettin tht money from, but the ranger is a good buy for the price cant go wrong

lighthammer
punchin NOS

Postby lighthammer » June 2nd, 2010, 6:41 am

civic minded wrote:well this is what i mean - M rampersad - which is the cheapest in all i checked - selling the 3.0 4x4 double cab hilux auto with stock wheels and leather seats -no wood trim or chrome or roll bars etc - 280K. - comes with 1 year warranty.
From the firm - same specs - 293K....with 3 years warranty - this was during their drive away promotion
Know how much i got my ranger 3.0 for ?-- 219K and i got 5 years warranty

^^^ X2.

$280K???
That price HARD to pay boy....
I just hope these peeps will remember to drive their expensive loan-payments a bit more carefully; sadly too many ppl forget how expensive their investment is and still drive as if they don't care.

Overall value - That's one of the reasons why I like the Ranger so much - it seems like very good value for money. Plus I don't like the direction the Hilux is going, style-wise (it looked and felt like an oversized Corolla IMO - but that's just me. I prefer the older model over the new model any day). And forget about the L200..... sigh, it's sad how far they strayed from the original K34 L200.

Maybe that's why there's a lot of Rangers and BT-50's on the road too, not just Hiluxes. I wouldn't pay $280,000 of my hard-earned money for a damned pickup-truck.

If I wanted a comfortable family vehicle, that can carry groceries, ride like a car, take 22-inch rims and any & everything chrome, tackle a couple half-dirt/half-paved roads (seriously, you expect any of them vigo-owners to take their stupid crimmed-down, baby-up trucks with all the pretentious shiny, chromed-out accessories anywhere besides tarmac???) and ride taller than anyone else - I'd have gotten a damned SUV.

To me a pickup-truck is something to haul stuff around first, and a family vehicle second.

*edited
Where ppl getting money to buy their fully decked-out Vigo's with all the pretentious, useless accessories from? All that chrome ain't cheap....

IMO, I just can't fathom how this could look fashionable on a flickin' pickup-truck.

I seriously wonder if any of these buyers and consumers have ANY idea of what their truck is capable of doing, besides just running around town looking pretty.

No offense meant personally to any Vigo owners reading this, your tastes are your own and I say whatever makes you happy, do it. This is just my own rant - feel free to express your own opinion if you agree or not.
Last edited by lighthammer on June 2nd, 2010, 7:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

lighthammer
punchin NOS

Postby lighthammer » June 2nd, 2010, 6:57 am

badart wrote:yea the price gettin ridiculous now n the thing is ppl still buyin it..i dunno where they gettin tht money from, but the ranger is a good buy for the price cant go wrong

^^^ Word.

*edited

civic minded
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby civic minded » June 2nd, 2010, 7:19 am

280- is stock price without any chrome, stock wheels, no wood trim no tray cover no bars at all- these come with cruise control and vsc 4x4

civic minded
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby civic minded » June 2nd, 2010, 7:20 am

With all the crap on it - it's way over the 300 mark

jhonnieblue
Riding on 18's

Postby jhonnieblue » June 2nd, 2010, 7:33 am

when i brought my nav, i had already ha d aSUV (xtrail), thing with suvs now is that they are priced way to high for what they offer, 350+??? its better i buy and audi or somehting then, better value for money IMO

with a pickup, all them pretty thing on it is a waste, i got mine fully loaded but that was becasue i got a deal on it and still i fond the price was too high, but i know the investment i made and to me the deal was getting a disiel (320 a month compared to 1200!!)

*Phoenix*
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby *Phoenix* » June 2nd, 2010, 8:54 am

Just an update tho..
Currently the Hilux from the Firm is 3.0 Auto $265 and 3.0 Manual $225
There are just Autos available cuz thats what selling.

The Ranger is good value for Money tho.
So is the Hilux.

civic minded
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby civic minded » June 2nd, 2010, 9:06 am

so there is a waiting period? or they have in stock the autos right now?

badart
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby badart » June 2nd, 2010, 9:23 am

265 is a good price..it is always recommended to buy from the firm than those roll on roll off dealers. if u cant afford a diesel suv like the fortuner which is around 475K, then u cud always buy a hilux and maybe drop a canopy on the back

*Phoenix*
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby *Phoenix* » June 2nd, 2010, 9:51 pm

civic minded wrote:so there is a waiting period? or they have in stock the autos right now?

Lots of Stock... in Auto

Mr. Red Sleeper
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Mr. Red Sleeper » June 9th, 2010, 3:38 pm

Personally it would hurt to put a couple sacks of cement or a brick in a "pretty Hilux".
Ironically, thats what it's made for!
Ranger has both the looks and the ruggedness to adapt to all situations/preferences.
More so, the older model, but its still the same.
I will still mention though, after driving both, its a pity that Toyota went "vision UGLY" in the past couple years, cause You still cant beat a Toyota for suspension. You really have to keep reminding yourself that its a pickup youre in!

Jon_One
Sweet on this forum

Postby Jon_One » June 14th, 2010, 10:24 pm

i know n&m still have frontiers .. commercial AFAIK .. anyone know prices?? 4x4 d/c ? i think they wanted like 140??

Cooper
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby Cooper » June 17th, 2010, 11:23 am

In Todays papers....

Ford Ranger
XLT 4WD Manual

$ 188,531.00

- 2.5 TDCi Turbo Diesel w/Intercooler
- 5 Speed Manual
- 4 Airbags, 2 stage dual front and side airbags
- 4-wheel ABS w/EBD
- Factory Alarm w/Immobilizer
- Factory 6 CD w/6 speaker system
- Aux I-Pod/MP3 Jack
- Keyless entry
- 16" Alloy Wheels

the parts you see in bold are what you could not get last year on a 2.5 Manual... seems like a good deal.

Advertisement

Return to “Trucks & Pickups”