Friday, December 19th, 2014

- It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:11 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Forum rules

This forum is for discussions on Trucks and Pickups only!
DO NOT POST ADS IN HERE
WTB (Want to buy), LF (Looking for), EOI (Expression of Interest) or FS (For sale) topics etc will be deleted.
If you are looking for a part please search or post in the Auto Parts Classifieds.
Please keep all discussion professional and technical. Opinions are welcomed, however trolling, spamming and bashing will not be tolerated.

Jump to:  

OracleTnT
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:54 am 
3NE 2NR for life

It's a 2008 Hilux.
After starting in the morning (engine cool) and driving for about 300 ft the van lost power, the engine check light came on and there was a puff of white smoke from the exaust. I switched off and started back and every thing was ok, light did not remain on.
Called the mechanic and he said no problem he will service it on the weekend and I can drive it. I changed the oil and all filters and the van was working well. The diesel filter was very dirty.
Now this morning the same thing happened.
(engine was cold, puff of white smoke, light came on, re-started and all was ok.) I checked the diesel filter and it was clean.
Van is doing 67k and I don't service by TTTL.
Any advice is welcome because I don't want to be buying parts, sensors, etc and it's not that.
Thanks.

Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Team Loco
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:16 pm 
3NE 2NR Power Seller

hello to this old problem again. this caused me so much headache. we had a new lux from the first batch of the new model. at 100kms..........yes i said mileage, 100kms, she would lose power and just idel, white smoke and check light would come on. TTTL kept her for 3mths. turned out to be the diesel pump being faulty. they replaced it under warranty. sorry to say, but you have a serious issue there. your warranty is up and you dont service by tttl

OracleTnT
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:42 am 
3NE 2NR for life

Bump up!

OracleTnT
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:31 am 
3NE 2NR for life

What I did noticed it is only happening at mornings. After starting and driving off for about 300ft it happens.
For the 6-7 times it happens at exactly the same distance from my home on mornings.
Yesterday I started the van and let it idle for about 10-15 mins before driving off and it didn't happened. A technician from Toyota said it is the injectors and will have them cleaned tomorrow. Thanks.

OracleTnT
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:54 am 
3NE 2NR for life

I had the injectors taken out and cleaned, changed seals, etc and all is well now.

MonsterPower
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:23 pm 
punchin NOS

who did the service and how much did it cost ?

OracleTnT
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:45 pm 
3NE 2NR for life

MonsterPower wrote:

A tech who works TTTL, $900 LABOUR, $500 PARTS

Bezman
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:00 pm 
Admin

be sure that this is not an injector o-rings issue that the first batch of 2006-2008 hilux engines had. there was actually a recall on all hilus models with this engine to change the o-rings as it was causing crank case back pressure and also clogging of the oil pickup in the sump and eventual engine failure..

MonsterPower
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:37 pm 
punchin NOS

OracleTnT wrote:
MonsterPower wrote:

A tech who works TTTL, $900 LABOUR, $500 PARTS

sounds like a good investment .. care to pm me his #

bt50
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:05 am 
Sweet on this forum

Bezman wrote:
be sure that this is not an injector o-rings issue that the first batch of 2006-2008 hilux engines had. there was actually a recall on all hilus models with this engine to change the o-rings as it was causing crank case back pressure and also clogging of the oil pickup in the sump and eventual engine failure..

I thought these machines were invincible....wow

venum
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:31 pm 
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

^^^ i thought so too :mrgreen:

good info for the yota boys

3stagevtec
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:01 am 
TriniTuner 24-7

bt50 wrote:
Bezman wrote:

I thought these machines were invincible....wow

x2.. imagine that..

lighthammer
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:16 pm 
punchin NOS

^^ Bada-bing, badaboom!

sweeks
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:50 am 
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Walks in thread, smiles, walks out.

rajivb4
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 9:04 pm 
Riding on 13's

I'm having a problem with my 2007 Hilux (3.0 TD Manual). Driving it hard for about 30 mins, say from POS to Arima, caused the engine check light to come on, and the van went into what I assume to be "Safe Mode" where there is a significant loss of power with the light on. So you're revving and the rev goes up, but does not deliver the speed in this mode.

Next morning the van like normal....

This happened about three times, all when driving considerably hard.

Any views? Thanks.

Big Z
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 7:35 am 
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Location: Mobile# 734-7669 Amsoil, Redline, Royal Purple, Valvoline & Luberfiner, Fuel Injector Cleaning
rajivb4 wrote:
I'm having a problem with my 2007 Hilux (3.0 TD Manual). Driving it hard for about 30 mins, say from POS to Arima, caused the engine check light to come on, and the van went into what I assume to be "Safe Mode" where there is a significant loss of power with the light on. So you're revving and the rev goes up, but does not deliver the speed in this mode.

Any views? Thanks.

Replace your air and fuel filters and check back for the issue.
Ensure that you clean out the fuel filter canister... No point in changing your underwear if you didn't wash your @ss.

If the check engine light still comes on, get the vehicle scanned and tell us the code that comes up. Also check the previous codes. Write them down.
Once we have the code(s), we can troubleshoot from there.

Premera
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:23 pm 
Trinituner Peong

Bezman wrote:

I think i have this problem in my 2006 Vigo. Any suggestions in terms of a solution.....other than sell it and buy another " brand ".......lol

323_wagon_dude
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:51 am 
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

rajivb4 wrote:

Any views? Thanks.

Rajivb4, do you have an aftermarket air filter installed? What you described is similar to having a dirty air flow sensor. You can try cleaning the sensor, it is located just after the air filter housing on the plastic that connects the air filter housing to the intake manifold.

Be very very careful if you decide to clean the sensor as it is very delicate. You can google how to clean it for various methods.

I hope this helps.

unique soundz
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:49 pm 
Ricer

I'm having a problem with my 2012 Hilux (3.0 Auto). Driving it last night then started to experience a hesitation when i mashed of hard then suddenly the van would jus pull off when it reached 3000rpm a short while after the engine check light to come on, and the van went into what I assume to be "Safe Mode" where there is a significant loss of power with the light on. So you're revving and the rev goes up, but does not deliver the speed in this mode.

Can anyone pls shed some light on what may cause this. I am assuming it a fuel problem.