TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Great Wall Wingle

Diesel, Gas, 4x4, 4x2

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Forum rules
This forum is for discussions on Trucks and Pickups only!
DO NOT POST ADS IN HERE
WTB (Want to buy), LF (Looking for), EOI (Expression of Interest) or FS (For sale) topics etc will be deleted.
If you are looking for a part please search or post in the Auto Parts Classifieds.
Please keep all discussion professional and technical. Opinions are welcomed, however trolling, spamming and bashing will not be tolerated.
lighthammer
punchin NOS

Re: Great Wall Wingle

Postby lighthammer » August 15th, 2011, 6:43 pm

Ok ok, everybody settle down.

Truth of the matter is, everyone free to buy whatever they want with their own hard earned money.
Of course one man will prefer a particular brand over another, that's called "brand loyalty".

Some people will like the Navara/Hilux/Ranger/Dmax... some will like the Wingle/GoNow/Sailor, etc.
Not everyone has the same criteria when it comes to buying a vehicle...
- budget
- looks
- comfort
- bling
- off road
- company/work

Take 10 guys who wanna buy a truck, and I'm sure not one of them will have the same exact criteria.

So if a man wanna buy a space-lux... let them buy it. If a man wanna buy a Ranger, ok cool. If a next fella wanna buy a Wingle and it suit him for what he need it for, then buy all sign on the dotted line, and drive that beeyotch off the compound with a smile on yuh face - you earned it man!!

After spending time on this forum, I learnt not to discriminate against any particular brand, cuz each have it's own pro's and cons - not one of them is completely perfect.

All this sheit talk about how crappy the wingle is, etc. etc..... that's a whole lot of petty fcuking horse-sh1t.
Only certain folks who will remain unnamed does resort to them little boy games. Ah set ah "my piggy is bigger than yours..", "oh yeah, well my piggy bigger than yours too!"..... facking homosecks sheit.

I prefer to give them Wingle owners a chance because let's face it - not everyone will want to buy a space-lux or a navararararrara or a galaxy ranger. And a wingle isn't cheap - at $165,000 it's still more expensive than a RORO Tiida or Corolla (OTR price is $105,000 for a Tiida sedan, don't worry, I checked).

Listen, at the end of the day, it's still a muddercnt pickup, even if we find the name funny. It could haul brick and cement just like the rest of us, it have a diesel engine that still getting better mileage than a 230JK Teana... so why we hadda laff at them? In fact, I sometimes hurt my head over how g*ddamn expensive my Navararaarara can be to maintain sometiems, and how expensive it would be to upgrade (lift kit, all terrain tyres, etc.). I don't see why the Wingle Men can't laff at us how we bank account empty while they could afford to buy rounds for the boys on a friday night.

I does get vex for this petty sh!t.
Wingle Men, it have space on de road for all ah we. You take your lane, I go take mine. I go sit down in my weapon of choice, and I go wave to allyuh in yours.

Keep on Truckin.

[/end talk]

Havoc
Sweet on this forum

Postby Havoc » August 15th, 2011, 9:58 pm

of course evryone's entitled to their own opinion, so imho that Wingle is deff not my cuppa tea......but then agen, rel ppl does be hating on Frontiers too

bootmee
Sweet on this forum

Postby bootmee » August 16th, 2011, 11:55 am

top secret wrote:The reason we aint show up yet to a run , is because we dont have to prove anything to any of you.......thankfully some of you guys actually live in reality.........

WOW plenty vigo,s and navaras IN THE PAPERS FOR SALE TODAY BOY..................

Top Secret like de new model wokin nice boy ?

sliderz1
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby sliderz1 » August 16th, 2011, 10:38 pm

Havoc wrote:.....but then agen, rel ppl does be hating on Frontiers too

haters gon hate bro

lighthammer
punchin NOS

Postby lighthammer » August 17th, 2011, 3:25 am

^^^ yup

Haters, gonna hate

lighthammer
punchin NOS

Postby lighthammer » August 17th, 2011, 4:27 am

Now... I don't doubt the Wingle's off-road capability, the proof is in the pictures:

And some folks even went and pimped out they wingle in Asian markets....

and I woulda swear the new Wingle 5 looks just like a Volkswagen Golf Mk5

Been reading about it, and some guys on chinese forums were stating they had no trouble with it. Regular maintenance, oil/oil filter changes, etc. and no problems reported.

What I want to know is, how come the local wingle-men don't come out on runs?
I wonder how many of them are lurking around on the trucks & pickups forum......

Make allyuh selves known nah!
Don't be ashamed, no judgement here (at least not from me).

professor
Trinituner Peong

Postby professor » September 5th, 2011, 1:54 pm

Just bought a Wingle (three days) i did not buy it to go offroad, bought it as another vehicle to use if I have to do any work on my STI and carry stuff if required. Would let you all know how it holds up.
I was planning to send AM marketing a pic of the back of my STI showing; 'My other vehicle is a WINGLE' I wonder if they would use that in their advertising, and give discounts on service etc.?

sliderz1
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby sliderz1 » September 5th, 2011, 6:36 pm

^^u sir need to be there --> viewtopic.php?f=58&t=389520
i've been dying to see a wingle in action since their debut

4X4 Trinidad
3NE 2NR for life

Postby 4X4 Trinidad » September 6th, 2011, 6:48 am

sweet

civic minded
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby civic minded » September 7th, 2011, 9:11 am

if all of a sudden AM marketing drop the wingle... what would be the situation with current wingle owners? will it be like another BaMotors/renult story? This is the only real problem with this brand. Once there is a supply of parts from other dealers then maybe it will be a more viable alternative than the regular japanese brands.

NorStar2K
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby NorStar2K » September 7th, 2011, 9:59 am

sliderz1 wrote:^^u sir need to be there --> viewtopic.php?f=58&t=389520

You might be, considering it's piss poor crash rating.

sliderz1
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby sliderz1 » September 7th, 2011, 10:27 am

norstar2k wrote:
sliderz1 wrote:^^u sir need to be there --> viewtopic.php?f=58&t=389520

You might be, considering it's piss poor crash rating.

In before the die hard Wingle fans takes offense.........

.................again :?

monstas23
Street 2NR

Postby monstas23 » October 5th, 2011, 9:31 pm

i have mines since january..... works for my needs ... not a 4*4 so can't go off road ...... touches my account jus right.... most expensive service is $1000.00 ......... doing 195** right now.... over 700 km per $100 diesel..... everyone has their liking.... this my first van and i good for now ..... nothing against other tuner's views........

bootmee
Sweet on this forum

Postby bootmee » November 14th, 2011, 1:20 pm

I seeing these Wingles all over de place. WASA like they bought a fleet of them. Looking nice.

mostwanted
3NE 2NR for life

Postby mostwanted » December 8th, 2014, 4:07 pm

Has any gw wingle owners here experienced rust or rot problems on the body? specifically at the rubber strip at the top of the hood, the door seal rubbers, window seal rubbers, under the scuff plates, bottom of doors & fenders?

...and i'm talking about a well maintained van that parks in an enclosed garage, kept clean, and is only used on road?

sicctt
Street 2NR

Postby sicctt » February 6th, 2015, 6:36 pm

Newmcgut
Riding on 13's

Last news

Postby Newmcgut » August 14th, 2017, 6:08 am

cool.

Advertisement

Return to “Trucks & Pickups”