TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

What oil u using in ur diesel van?

Diesel, Gas, 4x4, 4x2

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Forum rules
This forum is for discussions on Trucks and Pickups only!
DO NOT POST ADS IN HERE
WTB (Want to buy), LF (Looking for), EOI (Expression of Interest) or FS (For sale) topics etc will be deleted.
If you are looking for a part please search or post in the Auto Parts Classifieds.
Please keep all discussion professional and technical. Opinions are welcomed, however trolling, spamming and bashing will not be tolerated.
speedaholic
Shifting into 6th

Re: What oil u using in ur diesel van?

Postby speedaholic » March 2nd, 2011, 8:47 pm

i was using the CRB b4 i switched to Shell rimula X.. noticed a slight diff in fuel economy.. and better acceleration on the engine... but due for an oil change soon.. maybe nex week... gonna try the R4.... will post results

lighthammer
punchin NOS

Postby lighthammer » March 3rd, 2011, 6:01 am

Just got meh Amsoil 15W40....
And meh original Nissan oil filter...

Stoopid N&M closed on saturday.
Bah!

droppa
punchin NOS

Postby droppa » March 3rd, 2011, 8:00 am

^^^wham man hadda wine to the side........

as freak said CRB is really decent for the price, $135/gal, i does hadda use 2......

did a full service on Sunday, oil/air/fuel filters in sakura, CRB turbo 15W-40, and tried a liqi moly oil additiv...

Oil Additiv

The anti-friction lubricant MoS2 forms a high load-bearing film of lubricant on all friction and sliding surfaces. This product reduces friction and guarantees energy-conserving performance for the unit. This yields the following advantages: significant savings in fuel and oil consumption, scientifically proved reduction in wear, fewer break-downs, emergency lubrication properties. Tested on catalytic converters and turbochargers.

never used any kind of additive or treatment in the oil before, but i find since i took down the head i was getting a slight slight rough idle, and top noise, but that's all sorted out now, the CRB that was in was going 7K+, and still going strong, no differentiation in oil pressure....

bleedingfreak
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby bleedingfreak » March 3rd, 2011, 9:12 am

That oil conditioner sounding nice, but I dont thing there is need once the oil doing what it needs to do. Meaning you buy a good oil.

let us know if there is any difference nah...

speedaholic
Shifting into 6th

Postby speedaholic » March 3rd, 2011, 9:22 am

yea right now my Rimula X goin about 7K+ as well... will be changing next week...

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » March 3rd, 2011, 3:27 pm

lighthammer wrote:Just got meh Amsoil 15W40....
And meh original Nissan oil filter...

Stoopid N&M closed on saturday.
Bah!

From who and what price?

venum
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby venum » March 3rd, 2011, 9:35 pm

allyuh know that shell rimula R4 is the new name for rimula super (grey can) and the rimula x was the black can

the parts shops have a chart with the comparison taht show the old and new rebranding

along with the introduction of the new full synth R6

getiing me amsoil GL4 (TC) and GL5 (diffs) from big z tomm

gonna change month end or when i reach 80k km

Teri is gonna be an amsoil lady

droppa
punchin NOS

Postby droppa » March 4th, 2011, 9:01 am

Amsoil is great, we had Amsoil 15-40 in the old ERF and she took real licks, cant remember how much mileage was done, but no oil loss at all.....

in the ECX now we using the R6...no problems thus far.....

3stagevtec
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 3stagevtec » March 6th, 2011, 6:09 pm

droppa wrote:Image
Oil Additiv

The anti-friction lubricant MoS2 forms a high load-bearing film of lubricant on all friction and sliding surfaces. This product reduces friction and guarantees energy-conserving performance for the unit. This yields the following advantages: significant savings in fuel and oil consumption, scientifically proved reduction in wear, fewer break-downs, emergency lubrication properties. Tested on catalytic converters and turbochargers.

I just did an oil change and added two tins of the Liqui Moly Oil Additive.. Oil I am using is the Amsoil 15W40 (Diesel), 5.1L to fill.

If you look closely at the pic, you can clearly see the Additive mixed in with the oil. After an oil change, my oil usually looks pretty clean and only after ~2000 - 3000kms I would start to notice it getting dirty.

It's good to see the Additive so easily visible in the oil. Will continue to observe as the mileage increases. I change every 10,000kms..

3stagevtec
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 3stagevtec » March 6th, 2011, 6:13 pm

I did notice my engine was running slightly quieter after adding the Liqui Moly, BUT that could also be due to me just changing oil.. So I can't really comment on immediate effects..

speedaholic
Shifting into 6th

Postby speedaholic » March 6th, 2011, 8:00 pm

you put Diesel Oil in ur Gas engine??? :S :S

3stagevtec
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 3stagevtec » March 7th, 2011, 8:52 am

speedaholic wrote:you put Diesel Oil in ur Gas engine??? :S :S

why not.. :lol:

it meets all the requirements stated by Suzuki and is designed to work in the high stress environment of a diesel engine.. plus with all the extra detergents built in, my engine is always super clean inside!

venum
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby venum » March 7th, 2011, 10:21 am

Diesel oil in a gas engine will clean out that gas engine in a way that most conventional mineral gas engine oils could never do

If u uisng a good gas engine oil like mobil, shell helix ultra or amsoil religiously over a long term (~ 60,000km) then there ain't a need for the diesel oil as those gas engine oils work pretty great, from what I have seen in our Lancers engines that use Shell Helix and Mobil1

For the fellas that using shell rimula x or super or shell R4 why are u uisng it for intervals beyond 5000km :?:

It is a mineral oil that should not be used for more than 5000km

If u getting rough idle at 7000km or even 5000km it is probalbly because the oil's chemical properties have broken down

With Amsoil, Mobil and Shell R6 i don't think that any extra additive is needed to enhance as those oils would have already included a lot of additives (which is one reason they cost the price they do)

extra additive like that liquid moly may actually conflict with their additives

Adding extra additive to mineral oil - like castrol, shell R4 etc - no probs

topshotta20
3NE 2NR for life

Postby topshotta20 » March 11th, 2011, 8:53 pm

Im looking for some Amsoil oil that has been used in your engine already preferably from a toyota

any body doing an oil change soon can give me a shout
looking to do a little experiment

3stagevtec
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 3stagevtec » March 11th, 2011, 9:29 pm

I still have my old Amsoil 15W40 oil from my last oil change.. Haven't found the time to properly discard..

If that can work for you, let me know. I changed it after 10,000kms in my 2.0L Gas..

parmvt
Street 2NR

Postby parmvt » March 14th, 2011, 1:39 pm

why use all that expensive oils and the NP oil does the same thing and is even of a better grade than some oils??

speedaholic
Shifting into 6th

Postby speedaholic » March 14th, 2011, 4:24 pm

^^ dont u mean "ultra lubricants"?? :P :P

topshotta20
3NE 2NR for life

Postby topshotta20 » March 14th, 2011, 4:56 pm

3stagevtec wrote:I still have my old Amsoil 15W40 oil from my last oil change.. Haven't found the time to properly discard..

If that can work for you, let me know. I changed it after 10,000kms in my 2.0L Gas..

Where could i meet you to get some of it
Im from chaguanas

Kevin 6844233

madcoolieboy
3NE 2NR for life
Location: arkham asylum for the criminally insane..Under the alias: 'SYKO'

Postby madcoolieboy » April 6th, 2011, 6:56 am

wat da man smokin? use NP oil in meh WHAT????? nooooooo paddna i rather be an overspending idiot with peace of mind. than buy cheap oil and be uneasy... i rockin royal purple15w40 oil and filter in the ranger.

V2NR 3.0
punchin NOS

Postby V2NR 3.0 » April 6th, 2011, 7:25 am

I am using the Shell Rimula L6 (the fully synthetic one thats new on the market) - seems to be working really good

MrCuddles
Trinituner Peong

Postby MrCuddles » April 6th, 2011, 8:48 am

madcoolieboy wrote: i rockin royal purple15w40 oil and filter in the ranger.

wats d change interval on d RP??

V2NR 3.0
punchin NOS

Postby V2NR 3.0 » April 6th, 2011, 9:39 am

Isnt the oil change interval based on the instructions given in the manual of the vehicle ?
Oil compnaies will market and brand their products differently. I go by what the manual of my van says - every 5000km i change oil - and yes im using synthetic

droppa
punchin NOS

Postby droppa » April 6th, 2011, 9:52 am

going to make a switch over to Total, getting the bucket at a good price.....and would be doin the oil change a bit earlier, between 4-4.k that 5K and over........

alot of diesel owners use NP, daily and they stand by it, ask any north-south LD28 taxi man, and them is real pump compared to some of us......

the interval of which u change the oil is more important than what brand oil ur using......IMO

MrCuddles
Trinituner Peong

Postby MrCuddles » April 6th, 2011, 10:18 am

if u changin so often, y dont u use a semi-synthetic or mineral instead V2NR?? 5000k on syntec seems like a waste to me.....

speedaholic
Shifting into 6th

Postby speedaholic » April 6th, 2011, 12:01 pm

anyone have any reviews on the GULF oils i see selling now??? lange trinidad LTD is the distributor...

V2NR 3.0
punchin NOS

Postby V2NR 3.0 » April 6th, 2011, 2:03 pm

^ well according to my vehicle mtce manual, 5000km is the recommended interval in accordance with our zone. I am not going to run mineral and have always used synthetic.

speedaholic
Shifting into 6th

Postby speedaholic » April 6th, 2011, 8:06 pm

they recommend a 5000k inteval becuz they catered for the use of mineral oils.. with the snyth... it is quite okay to change @ 7500.. or even up to 10000k... otherwise you jes defeating the purpose of a syntheticl oil.... because thats the main differance between mineral and synthetics.. the change interval! but to each his own..

MrCuddles
Trinituner Peong

Postby MrCuddles » April 7th, 2011, 9:12 am

speedaholic wrote:they recommend a 5000k inteval becuz they catered for the use of mineral oils.. with the snyth... it is quite okay to change @ 7500.. or even up to 10000k... otherwise you jes defeating the purpose of a syntheticl oil.... because thats the main differance between mineral and synthetics.. the change interval! but to each his own..

x2

a semi-synthetic mite be better suited to dis type of maintenance, but it wont hurt ur vehicle to change ur synth oil too often....will only hurt ur pocket!!

RyoTech PerFormance
Sweet on this forum

Postby RyoTech PerFormance » April 8th, 2011, 11:53 pm

speedaholic wrote:anyone have any reviews on the GULF oils i see selling now??? lange trinidad LTD is the distributor...

I am a user of the Gulf Lubricants so I thought I would respond.....

The Gulf Formula Synthetics are of very high specifications, standards and meets international specifications. Believe it or not, the specifications exceed those of the most popular brands on the market. It is new to Trinidad but no stranger to the rest of the world and internatioal motorsports. I use and supply them at Ryotech Performance after lots of research. Being specialized in automotive performance, I don't take chances with products I have no knowledge of especially on performance applications. However, many will know of the brand from Le Mans and the Aston Martin Racing Team.

I am currently using the Formula GVX 5W-30 in my Hilux Vigo and those of other companies. I previously used Mobil Delvac 5W-40 and with the switch there were no negative impacts. The operation was smooth, the engine seemed more quiet and no oil loss or abnormal smoking etc.
The specifications of the GVX meet and exceed the manufacturer's specifications of most diesel and gasoline performance vehicles. It is designed for performance diesel and gas applications, has a low ash content to prevent build ups in DPFs (diesel particulate filters) and is approved for Porsche, Mercedes, BMW and VW. I also use it in everyday performance vehicles where the Gulf Racing is not required.

The drain intervals are done at 10,000kms in the diesel applications and I am also planning to perform some lab tests. In addition to the Formula GVX, I use and supply the Formula G and Gulf Racing (all full synthetics) to my customers and there were many positive feedbacks. Their specifications place them to the top with leading competitors and I am sure Gulf will be well estabished here in Trinidad as it is worldwide.

All specifications, approvals and properties of Gulf Lubricants are available on http://www.gulfoilltd.com

Fazeer
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Fazeer » May 13th, 2011, 2:23 pm

I have a 2009 Ford Ranger XL and I use Schaeffer Lubricants in my van. i get 15,000 t0 20,000 Km on one oil change. check out the website http://www.schaefferoil.com/ its a great oil and runs very smooth. I make highway run everyday and no breakdown or oil usage even after a 10,000..

Advertisement

Return to “Trucks & Pickups”