TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Tech Thread - Nissan Frontier, Navara, Pathfinder.

Diesel, Gas, 4x4, 4x2

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Forum rules
This forum is for discussions on Trucks and Pickups only!
DO NOT POST ADS IN HERE
WTB (Want to buy), LF (Looking for), EOI (Expression of Interest) or FS (For sale) topics etc will be deleted.
If you are looking for a part please search or post in the Auto Parts Classifieds.
Please keep all discussion professional and technical. Opinions are welcomed, however trolling, spamming and bashing will not be tolerated.
Rodn3y
Sweet on this forum

Re: Tech Thread - Nissan Frontier, Navara, Pathfinder.

Postby Rodn3y » April 7th, 2014, 2:08 pm

yup. mine was machined twice and aftr that they told me i had to change it, but that part not under warranty, so i had to pay and massy prices expensive.

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » April 7th, 2014, 8:12 pm

How you need to change those so quickly?
Using aftermarket pads?

jhonnieblue
Riding on 18's

Postby jhonnieblue » April 7th, 2014, 9:13 pm

Think recommended to change after 100k
Looking at after market brands..Most seems to come with both brakes and rotors to ship down

wrxdevil.
Riding on 13's

Postby wrxdevil. » April 7th, 2014, 10:50 pm

Wtk:
Does the clutch release bearing make noise on idle and stop when the clutch is depressed.

My.boost solenoid is making a kind of rubbing noise. Is this going bad?

Van doing about 18000km.

Van is driving really.good. Plenty power.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Keegz2130
Street 2NR

Postby Keegz2130 » April 8th, 2014, 12:38 am

Tuners is it a good idea to change both fuel filters at every 5000k service ? Just came as thought cause of poor diesel we got here :/

blacklight
Sweet on this forum

Postby blacklight » April 9th, 2014, 11:42 am

Anyone changed their head unit? I want to upgrade to a DVD head unit but don't want to cut the wires! I want to know if the stock antennae wire needs a harness to fit into an aftermarket unit.

cheese pie
punchin NOS

Postby cheese pie » April 9th, 2014, 1:26 pm

Keegz2130 wrote:Tuners is it a good idea to change both fuel filters at every 5000k service ? Just came as thought cause of poor diesel we got here :/

According to massy the new service interval calls for both the water trap and fuel filter to be changed every 10 000 Km.

jhonnieblue
Riding on 18's

Postby jhonnieblue » April 9th, 2014, 3:06 pm

I service every 10k so change filters then.

Changed my head unit as well without probs

lighthammer
punchin NOS

Postby lighthammer » April 11th, 2014, 9:03 am

Keegz2130 wrote:Tuners is it a good idea to change both fuel filters at every 5000k service ? Just came as thought cause of poor diesel we got here :/

I just changed mine out.... after 65,000km interval (my nav now reaching 117K km).
No problems, and i inspected the fuel coming out of them, was relatively clean from the sedimentor/trap and the primary filter has the usual gunk but it wasn't really so bad.

I usually fill up at Piarco NP station, or at Unipet in Cumuto.

blacklight wrote:Anyone changed their head unit? I want to upgrade to a DVD head unit but don't want to cut the wires! I want to know if the stock antennae wire needs a harness to fit into an aftermarket unit.

I changed mine out, but the wiring on the harness of the Navara has a different colour coding than what you'd find on your head unit. I have a Clarion CX501 bluetooth 2-din unit on mine, and we ended up having to cut the stupid harness and using a multimeter to figure out which wire was which. I'll have to look for the labels we made to give u a rundown of which wire was which. But it's not that hard, once u know how to use a multimeter.

TG7788 wrote:Thinking about putting some 20x9.5 wheels on my auto 4x4. First of all, can this rim handle a 275 tire and can I safely use a size of 275/60/20 without damaging the suspension, engine, transmission, etc? I don't want any low profile tires. Or should I go with a smaller 18" to use that width and profile tire.

once your offset is correct then you should be ok. What you'll need is a lower offset to get the calipers to clear, and on a 9.5 width rim, a backspacing of maybe less than 5 should be ok.
I believe the lowest offset you can go is about +18, after that your tires will stick out of the fenders if you using anything wider than 265's.

My advice is to use the wheel fitment tools on http://www.tirerack.com and http://www.discounttiredirect.com to see what is the necessary offset/backspacing for that spec of rim you wanna use, and make sure whatever you buy will fit.

Also don't forget the PCD or bolt patter on the navara is different, it's 6x114.3 / 6x4.5 (what we trini's like to call "close-hole") rather than 6x139.7 which is found on ALL OTHER 4X4 TRUCKS (stoopid nissan and their communist ways).

Also, the rule of thumb is to go up about 1-2 jumps in size if you wanna upgrade your wheel sizes.
20" will definitely work and it's up to you if you wanna bolt them on, but be aware that the navara is a heavy truck (midsize) and won't take kindly to hard bumps on the road.

Enjoy!!

Aaron 2NR
2NR phototakerouter

Postby Aaron 2NR » April 11th, 2014, 9:15 am

blacklight wrote:Anyone changed their head unit? I want to upgrade to a DVD head unit but don't want to cut the wires! I want to know if the stock antennae wire needs a harness to fit into an aftermarket unit.

triple R in sanfernando has the harness you need or you can check sr on the forum....do not cut your harness....if the pin out is diff from the aftermarket, match those to suit to the new deck

lighthammer
punchin NOS

Postby lighthammer » April 11th, 2014, 9:30 am

^^ lol yeah that's better advice, esp. if you plan to sell the truck later and keep your deck.

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » April 14th, 2014, 6:01 pm

ImageUploadedByTriniTuner1397512741.268815.jpg

Anyone change the fan blower motor resistor in their D40? The ac works on all the setting numbers 1,3 and 4 but when placed on 2 the ac light goes out,where can I buy the part locally besides at the firm because I am seeing it on amazon for about 50 $ US

jhonnieblue
Riding on 18's

Postby jhonnieblue » April 14th, 2014, 7:05 pm

Nope...try eBay tho
My leather starting to deteriorate bad..jus the drivers seat...anyone know a good upholsterer? Leather so damn cheap and I clean and polish it every other week

nissan/nothing
Street 2NR

Postby nissan/nothing » April 14th, 2014, 7:30 pm

Try Mickey on lower hill crest in San Fernando 759-7264. He does over all those bluebird sylphy dashboards and he does work for clients of barely legal

TG7788
Street 2NR

Postby TG7788 » April 15th, 2014, 3:22 pm

lighthammer wrote:
TG7788 wrote:Thinking about putting some 20x9.5 wheels on my auto 4x4. First of all, can this rim handle a 275 tire and can I safely use a size of 275/60/20 without damaging the suspension, engine, transmission, etc? I don't want any low profile tires. Or should I go with a smaller 18" to use that width and profile tire.

once your offset is correct then you should be ok. What you'll need is a lower offset to get the calipers to clear, and on a 9.5 width rim, a backspacing of maybe less than 5 should be ok.
I believe the lowest offset you can go is about +18, after that your tires will stick out of the fenders if you using anything wider than 265's.

My advice is to use the wheel fitment tools on http://www.tirerack.com and http://www.discounttiredirect.com to see what is the necessary offset/backspacing for that spec of rim you wanna use, and make sure whatever you buy will fit.

Also don't forget the PCD or bolt patter on the navara is different, it's 6x114.3 / 6x4.5 (what we trini's like to call "close-hole") rather than 6x139.7 which is found on ALL OTHER 4X4 TRUCKS (stoopid nissan and their communist ways).

Also, the rule of thumb is to go up about 1-2 jumps in size if you wanna upgrade your wheel sizes.
20" will definitely work and it's up to you if you wanna bolt them on, but be aware that the navara is a heavy truck (midsize) and won't take kindly to hard bumps on the road.

Enjoy!!

Thanks lighthammer.
The rims I had in mind were a set of Enkei ST6 but they don't come in the 20" for the Navara's bolt pattern. I am considering going with the 18" or will look around for another set.
Attachments
ST6.jpg
ST6.jpg (25.82 KiB) Viewed 4378 times

lighthammer
punchin NOS

Postby lighthammer » April 16th, 2014, 10:05 am

^^ nice wheel, was thinking of changing my own previously but decided to stay with the current set.

Be aware that getting 18" tires locally is difficult though... you'll sooner get in 20" sizes.. but they can be found if you look hard enough.

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » April 16th, 2014, 5:34 pm

Meh. Need something for lugs

jhonnieblue
Riding on 18's

Postby jhonnieblue » April 16th, 2014, 11:04 pm

Checked out my vans cabin air filter to find out none was ever installed..just a plastic thick honey comb where the filter should be...smh
Ordered one thru amazon

trvs
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby trvs » April 17th, 2014, 7:08 pm

damn jhonnie. :?

My OEM speakers are dying one by one, first was the right front now the left front.

N&M changed the first dead one under warranty in January.

Anyone else had their OEM speakers die on them jus so?

Another issue that N&M taking forever to fix is the recirculation vent flap in the AC air box (right where the cabin filter goes) the gear is sticking and the "flap" is not closing properly.

So every time I turn on the ignition or press the recirculation button to close the vent it makes out loud freaking ticking sound.

The thing is the N&M AC tech to friggin lazy to sort it out. Will pay them a visit on Tuesday :agrue:

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » April 17th, 2014, 7:49 pm

Are you sure the van actually comes with an air filter? I looked all over the place and eventually went by n&m and when they checked on the computer system it said that some navaras don't have the air filter at all. I don't think there is any room for the air filter but if you get through please do let us know. I think I had some pics on this somewhere in this thread but it's so big now it's hard sometimes to find some info here

jhonnieblue
Riding on 18's

Postby jhonnieblue » April 17th, 2014, 8:07 pm

Yes there is room for the filter..a plastic filler is. Occupying the space...I can't understand y a modern vehicle won't come with an air filter. The part is 10us on amazon..ordered it..when I'm installing I'll take pics and upload it..very easy to do

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » April 17th, 2014, 8:14 pm

Ok cool I tried to remove the plastic area but it wouldn't budge, there are local filters for about 90$ tt though I think was the price someone quoted me. Keep us up to date

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » April 17th, 2014, 8:20 pm

viewtopic.php?f=41&t=236360&start=1170

ah check here is where we discussed this before with some pics

lighthammer
punchin NOS

Postby lighthammer » April 28th, 2014, 12:01 pm

I bought the ac cabin filters from ROC a couple months ago, but i've been too lazy to install it.

Cost about $300 for the two filters (it's two small rectangular filters).

Still feeling too lazy to install it.

jhonnieblue
Riding on 18's

Postby jhonnieblue » April 28th, 2014, 12:12 pm

Boy them thing is some headache to install..my god...the space just designed stupid hard to get the filters in..I get frustrated and cuff it ..my Gf end up installing it :roll: lol

lighthammer
punchin NOS

Postby lighthammer » April 28th, 2014, 12:41 pm

.... still feeling too lazy....

bleh.

jhonnieblue
Riding on 18's

Postby jhonnieblue » April 29th, 2014, 4:04 pm

Anyone ever grease the suspension DIY? Wanna know what kinda grease to buy and where

trvs
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby trvs » April 29th, 2014, 5:20 pm

Anyone changed their wipers?

Anything other than the ones for 500 at NM?

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » April 29th, 2014, 5:38 pm

Wipers are universal so it your choice, all change out of wipers have adapters to attach to any car as far as I know

jhonnieblue
Riding on 18's

Postby jhonnieblue » May 2nd, 2014, 8:19 am

Have to change out the alternator beatings tom. Wanna get a suspension check done as well.. think side bushings may need changing

Advertisement

Return to “Trucks & Pickups”