TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Tech Thread - Nissan Frontier, Navara, Pathfinder.

Diesel, Gas, 4x4, 4x2

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Forum rules
This forum is for discussions on Trucks and Pickups only!
DO NOT POST ADS IN HERE
WTB (Want to buy), LF (Looking for), EOI (Expression of Interest) or FS (For sale) topics etc will be deleted.
If you are looking for a part please search or post in the Auto Parts Classifieds.
Please keep all discussion professional and technical. Opinions are welcomed, however trolling, spamming and bashing will not be tolerated.
richgold1000
3NE 2NR for life

Re: Tech Thread - Nissan Frontier, Navara, Pathfinder.

Postby richgold1000 » July 24th, 2014, 4:46 am

Who is a good person for this
Last edited by richgold1000 on November 12th, 2014, 4:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

richgold1000
3NE 2NR for life

Postby richgold1000 » July 24th, 2014, 4:48 am

Urgent
Last edited by richgold1000 on November 12th, 2014, 4:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » July 24th, 2014, 2:24 pm

richgold1000 wrote:Massy will get valve body middle of next month. Getting a used tranny for $10,000.00 without transfer case do you think that is a good buy?

Oh so the transmission is confirmed bad then?make sure and call massy south and north separate because sometimes the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing !
Anyone has any links of how to check the transmission fluid for the Navara?

jhonnieblue
Riding on 18's

Postby jhonnieblue » July 24th, 2014, 2:41 pm

I believe its a closed system for transmission fluid. Best bet just service when recommended. It'll take more abuse depending on type ofbdrivig habits... Traffic vs free broad etc

sliderz1
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby sliderz1 » July 25th, 2014, 1:46 pm

you mean check the fluid level Kenjo?

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » July 25th, 2014, 3:13 pm

Fluid level and quality .... Any sediment/ broken down, etc

sliderz1
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby sliderz1 » July 25th, 2014, 8:05 pm

as far as level goes you can find the dipstick for the auto transmission at the RHS of the engine bay near the firewall

shade360
Riding on 13's

Postby shade360 » July 29th, 2014, 12:16 am

Navara bed 1/2 inch lower on drivers side.
Van was bought 2 weeks ago. Measured it with a full tank and low tank of fuel

Is that normal?
Anyone noticed this with theirs?

Thanks

Sklz79
Riding on 13's

Postby Sklz79 » July 30th, 2014, 7:18 am

Waddup folks,

1st time posting.

My Navara is well outta warranty but i still maintained it through Massey or MasterServ. It already starting to call for some mechanical repairs, so i am looking for a good Mechanic in Central.

Can anyone advise?

Thanks

lighthammer
punchin NOS

Postby lighthammer » July 30th, 2014, 9:53 am

shade360 wrote:Navara bed 1/2 inch lower on drivers side.

Is that normal?

Thanks

Check ur body mount rubbers, and see if any cracked or missing.

shade360
Riding on 13's

Postby shade360 » July 30th, 2014, 11:15 am

lighthammer wrote:
shade360 wrote:Navara bed 1/2 inch lower on drivers side.

Is that normal?

Thanks

Check ur body mount rubbers, and see if any cracked or missing.

Thanks LH, checked both sides and they are intact, look almost new.
Would this unevenness of the bed lead to a sort of vibration at around 90Kmh and above?

I'm thinking about going for an align and balance this week just to make sure everything is as it should be.

matthewmazda
Riding on 18's

Postby matthewmazda » August 6th, 2014, 1:48 am

Excellent thread guys, will be following this thread as time goes along
now hitting 10000km no issues thus far

ShaKarz
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby ShaKarz » August 6th, 2014, 9:50 pm

Sklz79 wrote:Waddup folks,

1st time posting.

My Navara is well outta warranty but i still maintained it through Massey or MasterServ. It already starting to call for some mechanical repairs, so i am looking for a good Mechanic in Central.

Can anyone advise?

Thanks

Darren in chase village, 785 4506

ShaKarz
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby ShaKarz » August 6th, 2014, 9:59 pm

Guys, my navara randomly idles a little quick then back to what I think is normal on cold starts some mornings, while the van is off I hear something turn on & off at times what sounds like the fuel pump. Are these things normal? The van also appears to be most responsive on the drive after filling my tank, other times there's a little struggle for power imo, anyone van had these symptoms? The company I bought the van from checked it & said they saw nothing wrong but these things don't appear normal to me

sliderz1
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby sliderz1 » August 7th, 2014, 2:55 pm

ShaKarz wrote:Guys, my navara randomly idles a little quick then back to what I think is normal on cold starts some mornings, thats a normal cold choke while the van is off I hear something turn on & off at times what sounds like the fuel pump relay, solenoid?... you need a better explanation. Are these things normal? The van also appears to be most responsive on the drive after filling my tank, other times there's a little struggle for power imo, anyone van had these symptoms? The company I bought the van from checked it & said they saw nothing wrong but these things don't appear normal to me

mind over matter with that last one

Licensed to Walk!
3NE 2NR for life
Location: Refusing to beg ppl to do the job they're being paid for!

Postby Licensed to Walk! » August 8th, 2014, 8:37 am

ShaKarz wrote: while the van is off I hear something turn on & off at times what sounds like the fuel pump.

Noticed this as well on a coworker's Nav, said its been doing that since he bought it.

Mad Hatter
Street 2NR

Postby Mad Hatter » August 8th, 2014, 10:14 am

I've heard the noise but always thought it was the fuel line pressure relief valve on the fuel cap. It's supposed to open when equalizing pressure in the fuel system as the fuel temperature changes.

As far as performance - my power varies between hot and cool ambient temperatures. But that seems logical.

ShaKarz
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby ShaKarz » August 8th, 2014, 9:54 pm

^^actually you're right, my van runs a lot better at night with cold air compared to day when its hot, I have a sport version navara not massy navara, if that makes any difference.. mines certainly out performs all massy navaras I know off in terms of power/top end, stability on the road (tested on safe road conditions)
if it's mind over matter, somethings up with my mind imo :|
I'd like to know what the noise is that turns on & off while the van is switched off ,could this be linked to a faulty fuel pressure sensor in anyway?

ShaKarz
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby ShaKarz » August 9th, 2014, 11:06 pm

nick639 wrote:^^^^Question.. That sport version is automatic? Did you run it against a manual or normal automatic from massy??

:lol: :lol: :lol: yep auto & yes against MANY 6 fwd manual & couple auto models from massy, doesnt matter, don't know what's really different in the ones massy bringing but it just drives different... a lot of my coworkers have massy models and they complain of traction issues & couple other common issues that my van never experience *knock on wood*

but id like some more feedback on the minor things I mentioned about my van, just want to confirm if something's wrong, id like it repaired while the van still under warranty.. now hitting 15000 km

Keegz2130
Street 2NR

Postby Keegz2130 » August 11th, 2014, 8:37 pm

Have anyone tried the royal purple oil filter in there Navara's ? Heard it passed the quality check and is more better than the Genuine Nissan one .. Details ?

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » August 13th, 2014, 6:27 am

Can anyone verify the wattage of the stock headlight bulbs , whether it's 65/55 bulb no Hb5 or 60/55 bulb no H4

lighthammer
punchin NOS

Postby lighthammer » August 13th, 2014, 6:48 am

ShaKarz wrote:
nick639 wrote:^^^^Question.. That sport version is automatic? Did you run it against a manual or normal automatic from massy??

:lol: :lol: :lol: yep auto & yes against MANY 6 fwd manual & couple auto models from massy, doesnt matter, don't know what's really different in the ones massy bringing but it just drives different... a lot of my coworkers have massy models and they complain of traction issues & couple other common issues that my van never experience *knock on wood*

but id like some more feedback on the minor things I mentioned about my van, just want to confirm if something's wrong, id like it repaired while the van still under warranty.. now hitting 15000 km

Just fyi - all D40 models have the same engine block and suspension (though I believe the 2wd SE basic models have a slightly different leafspring setup in the back). Also, the gear ratio's between the automatic and manual differ slightly, being that the auto has 5-fwd gears and manual 6-fw gears.

The main difference between the SE/LE models and whatever models the RORO dealers import is the ECU tuning and the injectors.

Once your dealer (local or roro) says you have the "high power" version, or if you're buying the LE version or "sports version" or whatever bullsheit they want to impress unknowing customers with - your navara will have a 2498cc common rail, variable geometry turbocharged diesel that pushes 171hp, 301lb/ft or 400Nm torque. Fullstop. SE models and 4x2 models will have slightly down-tuned ECU's and generate a little less power (160hp, 275lb/360Nm torque).

All D40 navara's come with open-type rear and front differential, no mechanical/fluid LSD.
The auto models (both N&M and RORO) all come with electronic traction control - uses the brakes as a type of LSD, applies braking power to wheels that are slipping when taking corners or on slippery road to help regain traction. Manual models do not come with this feature. Hence the automatic models may have slightly better traction on wet roads (and slight advantage on mild-moderate offroad trails).

One of the main reasons why new navara owners (people who've always driver passenger cars and never drove a pickup-truck type vehicle before, including hilux/ranger/l200/bt50 etc) always complain of traction issues is because of the enormous amount of torque the navara generates when the turbo finally spools up at 2500rpm. They make the mistake of thinking it will drive like a regular, relatively-safe and predictable front-wheel drive car - where in reality it does not. The rear end of a pickup is lighter and more prone to oversteer than a passenger car, and handles differently when in a potentially out-of-control spin.

lighthammer
punchin NOS

Postby lighthammer » August 13th, 2014, 7:13 am

Kenjo wrote:Can anyone verify the wattage of the stock headlight bulbs , whether it's 65/55 bulb no Hb5 or 60/55 bulb no H4

55/60W, H4.

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » August 13th, 2014, 8:12 am

lighthammer wrote:
Kenjo wrote:Can anyone verify the wattage of the stock headlight bulbs , whether it's 65/55 bulb no Hb5 or 60/55 bulb no H4

55/60W, H4.

Thanks just bought it

I drove around with only one front light the last couple days and that really BLOWS

trvs
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby trvs » August 13th, 2014, 9:50 pm

Just heard ROC will be brining in the NP300 for $289K. They pre sold 25 already :|

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » August 15th, 2014, 10:14 am

trvs wrote:Just heard ROC will be brining in the NP300 for $289K. They pre sold 25 already :|

This?

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » August 15th, 2014, 10:15 am

trvs wrote:Just heard ROC will be brining in the NP300 for $289K. They pre sold 25 already :|

This?

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » August 15th, 2014, 10:19 am

Does it have low non turbo in those? If that's what he is bringing fs: 1 ford ranger.

trvs
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby trvs » August 15th, 2014, 12:35 pm

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » August 15th, 2014, 10:38 pm

Oh, no thanks.

Advertisement

Return to “Trucks & Pickups”