TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

L200 owners........what are your experiences???

Diesel, Gas, 4x4, 4x2

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Forum rules
This forum is for discussions on Trucks and Pickups only!
DO NOT POST ADS IN HERE
WTB (Want to buy), LF (Looking for), EOI (Expression of Interest) or FS (For sale) topics etc will be deleted.
If you are looking for a part please search or post in the Auto Parts Classifieds.
Please keep all discussion professional and technical. Opinions are welcomed, however trolling, spamming and bashing will not be tolerated.
speedaholic
Shifting into 6th

Re: L200 owners........what are your experiences???

Postby speedaholic » August 24th, 2011, 7:33 pm

not sure.. never did an engine job... I think the other guys will be able to help u out there...

cutthroatInt
Trinituner Peong

Postby cutthroatInt » August 24th, 2011, 10:47 pm

A few mths ago i was told a rebuild on the 4d56 non turbo parts wud border around 2000$.
ie, rings and all bearings, machine shop work to change liners, gaskets etc.

labour will depend on mechanic.

If i had time as a luxury and a second vehicle to use, i wud hav rebuild my old engine.
Would cost less compared to 10-15k on a foreign used engine.
But some how every1 i spoke to said to jus buy a FU engine and call it off.

But i tink u shud talk to a mechanic, get a comprehensive parts list and go out and get some quotations on good parts. get some labour quotes and u fix like crix.

its really a personal decision u hada make.. and if u decide to do a rebuild, to get a good person to do it.. dont want to spend to build and it starts buring oil again in a mths time..

stev_ram
Riding on 13's

Postby stev_ram » August 25th, 2011, 8:21 am

ok thanks for the info
Last edited by stev_ram on December 6th, 2016, 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cutthroatInt
Trinituner Peong

Postby cutthroatInt » August 25th, 2011, 3:02 pm

^^^ my sentiments exactly.

btw, lookin for double groove crankshft pulley , ac compressor and bracket, ac belt tensioner for 4d56 to do a conversion on another k14... u hav any parts or kno of anyone wit the stuff?

drunk24-7
Street 2NR

Postby drunk24-7 » September 9th, 2011, 10:33 pm

My last quote on rebuilding the 4D56T estimated about $6000. That the all inclusive figure.. liners, pistons etc. I find it to be a bit high, considering you can get a good enough 4D56T for about 9500 with a smile and a lot of negotiating. But so far, i have driven other engines he has rebuilt, and they perform great.

l200
3NE 2NR for life

Postby l200 » September 19th, 2011, 10:12 pm

Hey guys, it been a while, wats up........

have any of you guys ever done a DIY with ur clutch and how hard can it be????

I've been thinking of doing a DIY job for my clutch service....... by tomorrow I'll decide....Its a complete change out........

but so far i can't complain, the bishi still going strong, passed the 320k on de original engine.......hopin it makes the 400k

cutthroatInt wrote:Dexter,

did you get tru with swapping the diffs?

you willing to part wit your oem k34 diff for a small change?

Nah cutthroat, ah don't trust de pajero diff wit load, so I've turned my attention on lookin for a crashed k74T......ah want de front an rear diff complete........but for now that on a back burner, clutch is piority.......

speedaholic
Shifting into 6th

Postby speedaholic » September 19th, 2011, 11:49 pm

hey L200... you on facebook?? i did a DIY clutch change at home a few months ago... it wasnt that hard at all once you have the right tools..

l200
3NE 2NR for life

Postby l200 » September 20th, 2011, 8:42 am

Yeah speedy......I'll pm my info.......Did you change your pilot bearing too??? and what did you use to center the clutch?

I'm now going to start de scraping.......I'll try to take some pics

speedaholic
Shifting into 6th

Postby speedaholic » September 20th, 2011, 9:32 am

noo didnt change pilot.. PP clutch disc and Release bearing.. i used a Piece of wood to center the disc... what brand clutch disc and stuff you bought? and where? and price?

l200
3NE 2NR for life

Postby l200 » September 20th, 2011, 9:30 pm

^^^ the pp is daikin......clutch is valeo(still looking to source a jap brand clutch like NKK or daikin) if not, I'll stick with the valeo(korean) and the bearings are ntn......parts came up to $1100.00.....

As for the pilot bearing and seal, will do another time as i couldn't source the tool needed to remove the bearing, in such a short time......If all goes to plan I'll be back on the road by tomorrow......

Griffin
Riding on 13's

Postby Griffin » September 27th, 2011, 7:48 am

now rebuild meh engine in meh k74T 4x4 do over rings and it was drop down so had to raise it back and den well further with ah lift kit ! but hear dis nah i lookin for a turbo for it my turbo the blades wear down cause sumin get inside the turbo case ... lookin for a air turbo not no oil ! anybdy could link me up ? :drinking:

Randolph Inshan
Ricer

Postby Randolph Inshan » October 2nd, 2011, 10:13 pm

I'm an owner of a TCM L200 sportero purchased in May 2009, doing approximately 57000 km and it is 2.5 years old and still under warranty. A few days ago the engine check light came on. Went to DM and was told that the mass/boost sensor is defective and needs to be replaced. The van is not boosting properly and is losing power.
Since the van is under warranty, will DM replace this free of cost ( I do 10000 km services at DM South.)

venum
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby venum » October 3rd, 2011, 10:16 pm

^^^ they should cuz the van warranty was maintained

l200 wrote:^^^ the pp is daikin......clutch is valeo(still looking to source a jap brand clutch like NKK or daikin) if not, I'll stick with the valeo(korean) and the bearings are ntn......parts came up to $1100.00.....

i had good experiences with NKK and Daiken clutches and pressure plates in my K74

they last long once you driving normal

they roast very easily, much more easier than OEM though if you poping the clutch to get wheel spin or do donuts etc

speedaholic
Shifting into 6th

Postby speedaholic » October 4th, 2011, 12:02 am

venum wrote:^^^ they should cuz the van warranty was maintained

l200 wrote:^^^ the pp is daikin......clutch is valeo(still looking to source a jap brand clutch like NKK or daikin) if not, I'll stick with the valeo(korean) and the bearings are ntn......parts came up to $1100.00.....

i had good experiences with NKK and Daiken clutches and pressure plates in my K74

they roast very easily, much more easier than OEM though if you poping the clutch to get wheel spin or do donuts etc

Explains so much! :P

l200
3NE 2NR for life

Postby l200 » October 13th, 2011, 11:26 pm

venum wrote:^^^ they should cuz the van warranty was maintained

Thanks V......I was concerned abt not going OEM, but it working good so far........ no worries abt roastin de clutch, i takin my time....... but will soon see how it will stand up to haulin load.....(abt 2000lbs) :skurry: :skurry:

I was able to get the daikin (Exedy) clutch an pp, (was told its the next best to the original)and NTN clutch release bearing......

It was a hell ova task to change by myself, but got through...... my only regret was not having a lil more time an tools to change out my rear engine seal and pilot bearing.....but that will be my next diy project when it start to leak......

all things considered, it was not as hard as i thought it would be, I'm not afraid to do it again...... prob I'll have a garage lime next time....... :idea:

OH YEAH >>>>SPEEDY!!!!! thanks 4 de pics

speedaholic
Shifting into 6th

Postby speedaholic » October 14th, 2011, 12:44 am

no prob bro!! the garage lime sounds like a plan! where u got the daikin clutch and PP to buy!?? my new clutch started slippin again last week.... when i rocked in 2nd gear.. so i will want the next bex thing also! oem will deff be out of my price range..! give me the prices u paid for everything and where u bought them... thanks..

l200
3NE 2NR for life

Postby l200 » October 15th, 2011, 7:12 pm

^^^^I got the pp for $450, clutch was either 250 or 350 and release bearing was 190.....parts were bought @ double R in balmain......but he is out of stock and can't say when he will get it back, (I got the last) and Fiaz in marabella>>> they have the Daikin (Exredy)<<<<<<

did you ever adjust your clutch pedal???? If its too high you'll have slippin issues....

If not what brand did you use, cause my mech said if different brands are used for the clutch an pp, that too can cause premature failure........(somthing abt materials not being compatible) He said to always buy same brand pp and clutch.....

speedaholic
Shifting into 6th

Postby speedaholic » October 15th, 2011, 11:07 pm

hmmm! @ the time i bought what i got... cant really remember the the brands of any of the items... they were all uncommon names.. but i think i will change them out soon and go with the daikin! willl check faiz somtime.. as for the clutch.. no i never adjusted it... its working good now tho! no slippage..

speedaholic
Shifting into 6th

Postby speedaholic » April 15th, 2012, 12:28 pm

yow guys whats up... i say let me revive this thread.... been a while... alyuh men hiding or what??? having some problems with my 4D56 engine... its keeps shutting off when i take my foot off the accelerator pedal.. once i keep the revs up its fine.. but as soon as i let go.. it shuts off... i was told by RyanM that the timing on the engine may have gotten thrown off.. due to a slack belt of somthing... i believe it may very well be the cause.. cuz i never changed those belts since i have this engine.. but i'll have to confirm that.. i know its not my fuel system... that is basically brand new atm... any advice is greatly appreciated :)

l200
3NE 2NR for life

Postby l200 » April 17th, 2012, 10:22 pm

Hey speedy.......it has been a long time!!!

Have you been hearing any strange noises before the prob started???

The reason i asked is a friend of mines had a "some-what" similar prob and it was his crankshaft pulley being stripped an ultimately running slack.......

He started to hear a noise and then the problem started, the only difference was that his van would run smooth when accelerated, then rough idle (almost cut off) when idling........

other than that it can be your timing, its very easy to check.... anything else could be your fuel system......

Hope you get through.......keep us posted.

cutthroatInt
Trinituner Peong

Postby cutthroatInt » April 19th, 2012, 8:45 pm

^ same prob wen brown and associates changed timing belt and left the crank shaft pulley slack... ended up wearing key way.. on pulley and shaft... throwing off timing.. causing smoking..

would hear noises wen starting up and at idle.. will smooth out wen accelerated.

caused me to buy an engine before i wanted to. (damaged crankshaft... )

dexter, ah doh see u around couva no more... u move out oar?

lookin for a 4x4 sumting. (4dr) small money

speedaholic
Shifting into 6th

Postby speedaholic » April 19th, 2012, 8:57 pm

well d van by d mech.. droped it off today... my crank pully and stuff in tact... one of the balance shafts seals was leaking.. so we changed all.. mech said the timing was off... dont know how.. so both belts and tensioners being changed... and he said he wud service my entire fuel system for me also..... will post final results tmr.. thanks for the advice tho guys.. thank god i dont have to buy an engine! whew!

l200
3NE 2NR for life

Postby l200 » April 19th, 2012, 9:55 pm

Glad to hear you getting through speedy..........cause engines are now 15k+ (N/A) and 16k (turbo) in de bamboo.... the lowest I saw one for is abt 12k (turbo) and I was told it is going up again soon!!!!

CuttroatInt....wats up???? Nah I still in couva....... de books have me busy so ah don't be on the road much....... good luck on your search for a 4x4, ah will keep my eyes open.....

booEVO
3NE 2NR for life

Postby booEVO » April 22nd, 2012, 11:51 pm

hey guys, do you know of anyone with a 4x4 rear diff or guts for sale? I have a K34 model. Hit me a PM if you know of anything. thkz

King Kool
3NE 2NR for life

Postby King Kool » April 23rd, 2012, 1:14 pm

Triton Sportero L200 evaporators tend to leak. We have replaced too many for DM & private customers. We always have in stock & our evaporators carry a 1 year warranty. If it fails we replace it free of charge.

l200
3NE 2NR for life

Postby l200 » May 21st, 2012, 2:11 pm

Hey guys wats up........ hope all is well!!!

Its time to change out my cradle bushings so ah looking to upgrade to polyurethane bushings, so my question is >>>>

Have you all ever seen this locally and what do you think about this option???

lighthammer
punchin NOS

Postby lighthammer » May 22nd, 2012, 9:16 pm

^^ nah, no one makes polyurethane bushings in the control arms... not even in australia (no aftermarket options for our trucks).

Best thing you can do is buy a polyurethane rod and get some bushings made at a machine shop, all you need is the laithe and drill press to make it!

Be warned, the poly bushings tend to squeak a lot more than rubber :)

l200
3NE 2NR for life

Postby l200 » May 24th, 2012, 10:56 am

Hi LH, thanks for the info, I have been searching the past wk for those bushings locally to no avail.....

My mech said they are available overseas, so i'm crossing my fingers and hoping to find it......

I'm seeing a option for graphite impregnated polyurethane bushings, to ease the squeaking..... non for my van yet tho.... I keep u guys in the loop and let u kno if ah get through.....

CD4Accord
Riding on 18's

Postby CD4Accord » June 14th, 2012, 3:02 am

Hi everyone,

I am looking for the fan assembly for a 2008 L200 with the 4D56T... I have been fixing one that had been in a minor accident and this is the final step in the process for me..
Doesn't matter if it is new or foreign used.. Either one works..

Thanks

speedaholic
Shifting into 6th

Postby speedaholic » July 8th, 2012, 5:23 am

hey guys whats up!?

looking for an instrument panel for my L200.... my speedometer is not functional anymore.. and its not the cable this time.....

who have one? or know anywhere i can get one..

Advertisement

Return to “Trucks & Pickups”