TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

TECH Thread - MITSUBISHI L200, Sportero, Triton.

Diesel, Gas, 4x4, 4x2

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Forum rules
This forum is for discussions on Trucks and Pickups only!
DO NOT POST ADS IN HERE
WTB (Want to buy), LF (Looking for), EOI (Expression of Interest) or FS (For sale) topics etc will be deleted.
If you are looking for a part please search or post in the Auto Parts Classifieds.
Please keep all discussion professional and technical. Opinions are welcomed, however trolling, spamming and bashing will not be tolerated.
streetbeastINC.
punchin NOS

Re: TECH Thread - MITSUBISHI L200, Sportero, Triton.

Postby streetbeastINC. » December 6th, 2014, 12:20 am

Older model much better looking anyone has an engine on the ground...¡? Need aome spare parts

tourniquet
punchin NOS

Postby tourniquet » December 7th, 2014, 6:10 pm

tourniquet wrote:anyone ever remove their grill? I'd just like to remove the grill area where the mitsu logo is located. There are three clips on either side which are easy to remove, but from there, I'm lost. I really don't want to be pulling and tugging and hear a crack or snap :/

just to update anyone that has to do this, it's much easier than originally thought. Just remove the clips using a flat head screw driver, and simply pull the grill towards you, it slides out with little effort.

Val
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Val » December 12th, 2014, 8:42 am

Well I'll be keeping my 2010 model lol
But I am intrigued by the improvements to the engine, might be a lot quieter than my 4m41. Probably would give it a test drive when its here

fass4drs
3NE 2NR for life

Postby fass4drs » December 17th, 2014, 2:24 pm

best place to purchase amsoil fluids? for drivetrain ..and amsoil xt for engine ?

brandonology1
Sweet on this forum

Postby brandonology1 » December 17th, 2014, 5:03 pm

guys... i embarking on a project to drop in a turbo on my n/a k34 l200. i have all the parts sourced already... jus to perform install nw. can anyone recommend a reputable mechanic who will be suited for the job? san fernando and environs please.
the mechanic i deal with is busy and a bit out of the way.

fass4drs
3NE 2NR for life

Postby fass4drs » December 17th, 2014, 6:11 pm

And part number for 2.5 sportero for the 100k service if anyone has

kkallicharan
Street 2NR

Postby kkallicharan » December 17th, 2014, 9:35 pm

Ive booked my 100K service for Jan 7th for my sportero. Would've been sooner but cant get thru to Mohammed. Think he on vacation. Jus talk to Mohammed at DM south and he'll advise u on all that. well thats wat i usually do anyway. I usually buy my oils from budget motor supplies on cipero

tourniquet
punchin NOS

Postby tourniquet » December 18th, 2014, 4:38 pm

fass4drs wrote:best place to purchase amsoil fluids? for drivetrain ..and amsoil xt for engine ?

I usually get my stuff at Double R, Union Hall near Dim Sum King Restaurant. They have original Mitsubishi ATF as well.

WestIndian424
Riding on 17's

Postby WestIndian424 » December 19th, 2014, 10:40 am

Looking for a RS tail light for the sportero new/used..thanks

DVSTT
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby DVSTT » December 19th, 2014, 2:53 pm

Calor wrote:Looking for a RS tail light for the sportero new/used..thanks

LV Marketing
ROC

tourniquet
punchin NOS

Postby tourniquet » January 1st, 2015, 7:44 pm

hope everyone's rig treats them well this year :)

DVSTT

Postby DVSTT » January 1st, 2015, 8:19 pm

tourniquet wrote:hope everyone's rig treats them well this year :)

Same to you bro

ryanm
Street 2NR

Postby ryanm » January 10th, 2015, 8:36 am

Hey guys. Bought a 2014 Sportero from DM. Owned 2 b4. K 34 & 74. Does this model have rear lsd? There are no markings on diff to say lsd or to only use lsd oil like in the k74. Also, if I turn one wheel, the other turns in the opposite direction, so it behaves like an open diff. In the k74, both would turn in the same direction.

tourniquet
punchin NOS

Postby tourniquet » January 10th, 2015, 7:14 pm

I remember earlier in this thread there was talk about some of the earlier vehicles not coming with any LSD, but I know our 2008 has the Hybrid LSD on it. Perhaps yours came as part of a batch that was ordered without it. Did your spec sheet have anything about having a LSD? If it does, perhaps you can consider getting a lawyer involved.
Either way it sucks though, this is one of those things you don't tend to bother looking into, particularly when you've owned a prior generation or earlier model which came with it; it's reasonable to assume the latest model would come with it as standard as well.

DVSTT

Postby DVSTT » January 10th, 2015, 7:16 pm

tourniquet wrote:I remember earlier in this thread there was talk about some of the earlier vehicles not coming with any LSD, but I know our 2008 has the Hybrid LSD on it. Perhaps yours came as part of a batch that was ordered without it. Did your spec sheet have anything about having a LSD? If it does, perhaps you can consider getting a lawyer involved.
Either way it sucks though, this is one of those things you don't tend to bother looking into, particularly when you've owned a prior generation or earlier model which came with it; it's reasonable to assume the latest model would come with it as standard as well.

We bought our 3.2 in July of 2009 and it came with the hybrid lsd. It was a great feature buy according to our personal mechanic DM were using too thin an oil in the diff which resulted in the lsd activation being rough. Changing the diff oil to a thicker body remedied the problem though.

ryanm
Street 2NR

Postby ryanm » January 11th, 2015, 9:58 am

The spec sheet said rear lsd. And having the k74 with the same hybrid lsd I smiled. Really disappointed with this development. Btw this one is the fully loaded one with leather seats, sun/moon roof and rear sliding glass, so I dont understand how it doesnt have an lsd!

What redress do I have? Cuz a rear lsd is verry important if thinking about going off road.

tourniquet
punchin NOS

Postby tourniquet » January 11th, 2015, 5:19 pm

I'm no lawyer, so I don't want to guide you in the wrong direction. As far I understand though, you paid for something that you didn't end up getting. Did your proforma invoice have anything about the features listed, or maybe referenced the spec sheet? I know there was a thread on here a couple of years ago about someone who got lawyers involved when he realized that his Hilux didn't come with the diff locker he thought he paid for.

ryanm
Street 2NR

Postby ryanm » January 12th, 2015, 1:17 pm

Yep. The spec sheet did say rear lsd, it also had motorized side folding mirrors with indicators which mine didnt come with, but I didnt make a problem for that because it didnt affect function.

DVSTT

Postby DVSTT » January 12th, 2015, 5:35 pm

ryanm wrote:Yep. The spec sheet did say rear lsd, it also had motorized side folding mirrors with indicators which mine didnt come with, but I didnt make a problem for that because it didnt affect function.

You should have made some noise when you collected the vehicle. I guess you can still go and complain. Idk if it'll get the result you want though.

venum
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby venum » January 16th, 2015, 8:44 am

Ryan, boy that no lsd is a bummer

my 2007 doesn't have it and I was disappointed when I bought it and realized it was open diff

I bought a local used, so I could not complain.

I realize that DM doesn't bring what other markets sell, like the UK gets super select 4wd where we only get easy select 4wd

and they are inconsistent with their orders, so your friend might buy a vehicle today with certain specs and when u buy next 6 months, it may be different.

Talk to them and see if u can get back some discount.

Consumer Affairs always worth the call

Need a new Wiper control stalk

my lights are acting up

anyone come across one, please holla

DVSTT

Postby DVSTT » January 16th, 2015, 12:00 pm

venum wrote:Ryan, boy that no lsd is a bummer

my 2007 doesn't have it and I was disappointed when I bought it and realized it was open diff

I bought a local used, so I could not complain.

I realize that DM doesn't bring what other markets sell, like the UK gets super select 4wd where we only get easy select 4wd

and they are inconsistent with their orders, so your friend might buy a vehicle today with certain specs and when u buy next 6 months, it may be different.

Talk to them and see if u can get back some discount.

Consumer Affairs always worth the call

my lights are acting up

Whats the diff between the 4wd systems?

ryanm
Street 2NR

Postby ryanm » January 19th, 2015, 4:53 pm

Funny thing is the sales reps insisted that it was LSD so after I explained how I discovered that it was an open diff they hesitantly checked. She called back to tell me I was right.
My sales rep brought this to the attention of the GM who said that the new 2015 will come LSD but this batch has none.
real bummer here as a pickup with no LSD will have plenty rear wheelspin if the tray is empty.

also the brochure and invoice both claim a rear LSD!!

streetbeastINC.
punchin NOS

Postby streetbeastINC. » January 20th, 2015, 2:05 pm

Anyeone know where i can get a 4d56di d starter and power steering pump, need some sparr parts, anywherr cept diamond sells these new

DVSTT

Postby DVSTT » January 22nd, 2015, 10:08 pm

ryanm wrote:Funny thing is the sales reps insisted that it was LSD so after I explained how I discovered that it was an open diff they hesitantly checked. She called back to tell me I was right.
My sales rep brought this to the attention of the GM who said that the new 2015 will come LSD but this batch has none.
real bummer here as a pickup with no LSD will have plenty rear wheelspin if the tray is empty.

also the brochure and invoice both claim a rear LSD!!

I'd consult a lawyer or consumer affairs. The must be some sort of action you can take.

venum
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby venum » January 23rd, 2015, 1:57 pm

DVSTT wrote:Whats the diff between the 4wd systems?

Easy Select doesnt have center diff in TC

Super Select has center Diff like in Pajero

tourniquet
punchin NOS

Postby tourniquet » January 24th, 2015, 5:04 am

venum wrote:

my lights are acting up

damn, again? :x
will keep an eye out.

ryanm, please keep us updated. If you don't want to post the outcome on here, please send me a PM

venum
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby venum » January 26th, 2015, 9:26 am

ryanm wrote:My sales rep brought this to the attention of the GM who said that the new 2015 will come LSD but this batch has none.

So they admit that they sold u without LSD.

The GM really aint make no sense there as that doesn't help your cause

ryanm wrote:also the brochure and invoice both claim a rear LSD!!

So u have proof that you pay for something u did not receive.

it may be pointless to get back your $$$,$$$.00 but at least you can get back some.

negotiate a refund of some $$$$.00

probably get the cost of installing a aftermarket, new LSD and use that as the value of the refund

consumer affairs - do not go alone

cuz they may say that the money you paid for was for non-lsd model, so u don't have any $$$ to get back

ryanm
Street 2NR

Postby ryanm » January 26th, 2015, 8:23 pm

Hi guys. Wrote a letter to the GM and cc it to consumer affairs. I was advised that i have a good case but need to wait a reasonable time for DM to respond. (About 2 weeks).

So just killin time for now.

Any one knows where I can sourse an LSD for the sportero? (This model come with 3.9 diff ratio)

DVSTT

Postby DVSTT » January 27th, 2015, 3:18 pm

ryanm wrote:Hi guys. Wrote a letter to the GM and cc it to consumer affairs. I was advised that i have a good case but need to wait a reasonable time for DM to respond. (About 2 weeks).

Any one knows where I can sourse an LSD for the sportero? (This model come with 3.9 diff ratio)

Go strong bro

Morpheus
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Morpheus » January 27th, 2015, 10:44 pm

DVSTT wrote:
ryanm wrote:Hi guys. Wrote a letter to the GM and cc it to consumer affairs. I was advised that i have a good case but need to wait a reasonable time for DM to respond. (About 2 weeks).

Go strong bro

x2

Advertisement

Return to “Trucks & Pickups”