TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Racechip, any1 installed it on ranger tdci?

Diesel, Gas, 4x4, 4x2

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Forum rules
This forum is for discussions on Trucks and Pickups only!
DO NOT POST ADS IN HERE
WTB (Want to buy), LF (Looking for), EOI (Expression of Interest) or FS (For sale) topics etc will be deleted.
If you are looking for a part please search or post in the Auto Parts Classifieds.
Please keep all discussion professional and technical. Opinions are welcomed, however trolling, spamming and bashing will not be tolerated.
Hamm88
Riding on 13's

Racechip, any1 installed it on ranger tdci?

Postby Hamm88 » January 20th, 2011, 7:48 am

Wud any1 advice me on installing racechip on yur tdci engine? Racechip.de?

Hamm88
Riding on 13's

Re: Racechip, any1 installed it on ranger tdci?

Postby Hamm88 » January 23rd, 2011, 11:19 am

Pls any1 outhere have been using racechip for there ford ranger 3.0tdci? I need yur comment since I'm ready to order it

civic minded
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby civic minded » January 23rd, 2011, 7:13 pm

i have a TDCi 3.0 ranger and i wont install that in mines - first of all; it will void your warranty , second - interfering with the ECU will throw off your mileage , 3rd - why the hell you want to go faster in a pickup truck? The 3.0 Ranger will easily do 180KPH on the highway.
To me it ent worth it dude. But i guess to each his own.

madcoolieboy
3NE 2NR for life
Location: arkham asylum for the criminally insane..Under the alias: 'SYKO'

Postby madcoolieboy » January 28th, 2011, 5:38 pm

hold up there civic...yuh lil wrong there...

it WILL NOT void yuh warranty unless you leave it in and send it to service..it is very easy to install and remove... it DOES NOT interfere with the ECU look at where it jacks in nah.... and thirdly its not about overall top end on a van... its about increasing available power across the board...acceleration/towing ability/torque/horsepower/top end are all affected positively..

so Hamm88 i say if is dat yuh want go fuh it...just be responsible with your new found power....

check out the spider chip as well
(just remember and point and laugh when you pass other trucks. it's what i'll do) :)

lighthammer
punchin NOS

Postby lighthammer » January 28th, 2011, 7:16 pm

^^^ installing piggybacks and whatnot willbe worthless with trinidad's sheit diesel.
You'll get lots of smoke due to the richer mixture but low quality diesel..

It's been done with other trucks and there have been power upgrades, but terrible smoking from the tailpipe.

speedaholic
Shifting into 6th

Postby speedaholic » February 16th, 2011, 11:37 pm

^^^ saw this happen in a hilux! i ent go liee! d ting was movingg!!!! but rell smoke!! fist time i see a auto hilux pull off on d line and get relll tyress!!!

Jeremy Mohd
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby Jeremy Mohd » February 18th, 2011, 4:18 pm

I drove a chipped vigo a couple times, (came chipped), and it still feels sluggish. Granted it was from Japan motors and has real extra weight in accessories...

Hamm88.. I say go for it...

.... then you can let us know YOUR experience. I dont know anyone thats done it on the ranger.

civic minded
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby civic minded » February 20th, 2011, 6:21 pm

^^ i think Ironman did it to his thunder.

lighthammer
punchin NOS

Postby lighthammer » February 20th, 2011, 8:13 pm

I've been reading around on the www.nissan-navara.net forums.

Apparently with a chipped truck, you'll definitely get power upgrades, and better acceleration.

However, remember again that we have low-grade diesel, I believe it's lower than EURO-3 spec. Our diesel is more suited for heavy industry and marine diesel engines, as well as heavy trucks/machinery. It's not really suited for higher-performance engines like in our Rangers, Hilux, Nav's and L200's.

Hence you will probably end up getting smoke from the richer fuel mixture due to the aggressive fuel mapping on these piggy-back chips. Normally the DPF's in our modern trucks are supposed to handle the excess soot but with richer fuel and more unburnt hydrocarbons, smoke will definitely be an issue.

One workaround for this problem, at least for Navara's, is to reset the ECU and allow it to recalibrate the oxygen content of the air-fuel mixture according to how much more fuel you're allowing in. Hence with more oxygen coming in, you get more complete and cleaner detonation even with more fuel - hence theoretically less smoke. From the navara owners in the UK experience, it seems to work. My only concern again is our shyetty diesel.

If you want to reset ur ECU - simply disconnect both battery leads, turn the ignition to ON, pump ur brakes at least 5 times and then touch the two terminals together to remove all residual charge (don't worry, by turning on the ignition and pumping the brakes, you discharge all electricity in the electronics).

This resets all electronic soft-memory in your truck, including the radio, trip meter and the ECU's fuel maps that it learned according to your driving patterns. The ECU then goes back into learning-mode, as if the truck was brand new. (NOTE: this only works for the TDCi Ranger, not the WLT-engine. That engine has no ECU).

Then reconnect the terminals and then start-up and drive the vehicle easy for a few miles. The chip will give its inputs for fuel supply and the ECU will relearn accordingly.

Hopefully that would so

Jeremy Mohd
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby Jeremy Mohd » February 20th, 2011, 10:45 pm

Maybe my Ranger will see an increase in fuel economy if it 'forgets' how I drive!

Advil
Riding on 16's
Location: searching for an avatar that will not offend the idiots

Postby Advil » March 21st, 2014, 3:21 pm

any update Ham88? looking for a chip for a ranger as well

idk why when u ask a question people can't answer the question instead of questioning a question. the man want a race chip he didn ask if it was wise to cross 180 in a van

madcoolieboy
3NE 2NR for life
Location: arkham asylum for the criminally insane..Under the alias: 'SYKO'

Postby madcoolieboy » May 9th, 2014, 7:28 pm

I have a chip for the 3.0 ranger to sell p.m. if interested

whiteknight1431
Street 2NR

Postby whiteknight1431 » May 15th, 2014, 11:43 pm

Once you're putting a chip in your truck make sure and put in a k&n air filter it would help increase the performance . My nav accelerates really nice and even better with the chip installed but I ain't looking to go over the speed limit too much (even tho with a flick of the ankles and I'm hitting the 170km/h limiter effortlessly).

Advertisement

Return to “Trucks & Pickups”