TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

NAVARA know how

Diesel, Gas, 4x4, 4x2

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Forum rules
This forum is for discussions on Trucks and Pickups only!
DO NOT POST ADS IN HERE
WTB (Want to buy), LF (Looking for), EOI (Expression of Interest) or FS (For sale) topics etc will be deleted.
If you are looking for a part please search or post in the Auto Parts Classifieds.
Please keep all discussion professional and technical. Opinions are welcomed, however trolling, spamming and bashing will not be tolerated.
Totes
Ricer

NAVARA know how

Postby Totes » January 27th, 2011, 5:13 pm

Hi everyone,

I have a 1 yr old Navara bought from new at N&M and was totally being ripped off by the service. I took my vehicle for its 3rd service and it came out working sluggish, i reported it and carried it back in then they told me i should change the filters, Pissed i asked them if they are running a doubles stand here!! :twisted: if they do a service could they not so that when they do the test drive?? :?:

Anyways i decided enough was enough. i carried my van into a recognized garage to get my oil changed and all is fine, cost less than 1/2 the price. What i am wondering is now every time i start my van i see the odometer and then for a short time there is a - 123 number which gets bigger every time i drive. Does anyone know about this and anyone know what i can do about it, additionaly is there a computer reset of check that can be done.
Please send me any information. :)

lighthammer
punchin NOS

Re: NAVARA know how

Postby lighthammer » January 27th, 2011, 5:44 pm

every time i start my van i see the odometer and then for a short time there is a - 123 number which gets bigger every time i drive.

Not exactly sure what you talking about there dude... could you take a pic of the message that gets displayed and post it here?

Dunman
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Dunman » January 28th, 2011, 7:25 am

Do you see a wrench symbol next to it?

If so, it's the distance to oil change display and it should be reset after each service. After 5 seconds it should say "Oil Good" (if your oil level is good) or "Oil Lo" (if your oil level is low.

biggy82
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby biggy82 » January 28th, 2011, 2:42 pm

Dunman wrote:Do you see a wrench symbol next to it?

If so, it's the distance to oil change display and it should be reset after each service. After 5 seconds it should say "Oil Good" (if your oil level is good) or "Oil Lo" (if your oil level is low.

Totes wrote: What i am wondering is now every time i start my van i see the odometer and then for a short time there is a - 123 number which gets bigger every time i drive.

highly doubt its what you said as that number should get SMALLER every time you drive

is it the trip odo he watching?

Aaron 2NR
2NR phototakerouter

Postby Aaron 2NR » January 28th, 2011, 2:44 pm

nah if its in the negative it would get bigger.....

lighthammer
punchin NOS

Postby lighthammer » January 28th, 2011, 3:55 pm

This is what should be seen...

- insert key, click ignition to "On" to get the glow plugs to warm up
- start the engine after the yellow glow plug light comes off
- on the display you'll see "Oil good" and a wrench... this should display for 5 seconds
- then you'll see a number pop up on the screen - this is your mileage countdown till the next service interval - set by your mech or the service technician. This number should decrease every time you start the truck.
- then your Odometer and trip meter will appear.... the Odometer is on top (total mileage travelled by the vehicle in its lifetime) and then the tripmeter on bottom.

That should be it.

*Phoenix*
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby *Phoenix* » January 28th, 2011, 4:26 pm

Friggin Dealers....

Aaron 2NR
2NR phototakerouter

Postby Aaron 2NR » January 28th, 2011, 5:59 pm

N&M service is probably a bit more expensive than a mango tree mechanic but it's one company that hold up to their warranty...

i sent in my truck to change the clutch before i sold it. It wasnt slipping but the pedal started to get a big hard.....got a call to come collect it when it was done.
went to the cashier...bill was $1000.23

when they dropped the gearbox, they realized the flywheel was the older model and nissan issued an upgrade and changed out everything under warranty.....

karlos
3NE 2NR for life

Postby karlos » January 28th, 2011, 6:13 pm

you have to carry it back to massy . they have the consult 3 that will troubleshoot the system and diagnose the problem . trust me massy rips you offf the way they designing vehicles now ah days you can fix mechanicals buh ne thing other like computer wise u have to facen the firm . they reall run me around with my pathfinder and they could not find my problem i figured it out my self it was a mechanical prob.

biggy82
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby biggy82 » January 28th, 2011, 10:51 pm

Aaron 2NR wrote:nah if its in the negative it would get bigger.....

yes Aaron, is that self. he gone and service the van but did not reset the service interval odo. it is in negative and getting bigger.

biggy82 wrote:
Greypatch wrote:fellas how do you rest the service counter on the truck
(the counter with the little spanner when you turn the ignition).

sorry Patch, with all that was goin on with me, i really forgot you

Turn the ignition switch on and the service screen will pop up. While this screen is showing press and hold the trio odometer/trip computer reset knob for more than 3 seconds. The wrench symbol and distance display will start to flash and the display will show the current interval. Rotate the reset knob anticlockwise to decrease the intervals or clockwise to increase the intervals. It can be changed in 1,000km intervals. Once the desired distance is showing just leave it for about 5 seconds and it will change to odometer/trip meter screen and your all done.

The maximum interval distance setting is 40,000km and the minimum interval is 0.

If you select 0 then the schedule function will be disabled in which case when you turn the key on it will not show this sceen and instead go straight to the odometer/trip meter screen.

more good info in the make-specific thread stickies

viewtopic.php?f=41&t=236360

Greypatch
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Greypatch » January 31st, 2011, 12:42 pm

you fack up ah clutch already dan

Totes
Ricer

Postby Totes » August 25th, 2014, 10:19 am

Hi everyone,
I have had some surging / problems and the fuel pressure sensor keeps coming up they changed the sensor and rail and now they saying its the FUEL PUMP.

I am looking for a Fuel Pump anyone knows where i can get a decent deal on one ?

Email me please totes2@hotmail.com

Thanks (help needed)

whiteknight1431
Street 2NR

Postby whiteknight1431 » August 25th, 2014, 10:28 am

Totes wrote:Hi everyone,
I have had some surging / problems and the fuel pressure sensor keeps coming up they changed the sensor and rail and now they saying its the FUEL PUMP.

I am looking for a Fuel Pump anyone knows where i can get a decent deal on one ?

Email me please totes2@hotmail.com

Thanks (help needed)

Hey when last you clean your fuel tank? I've had similar issues with my nav and n&m changed from fuel pump to injector rail, even flashed over my ecu and still the problem exist. I did some research and all the problems was pointing to the shitty fuel we have here. So I dropped to fuel tank and to my surprise it had about quarter tank of water and slush. Cleaned it out and purged my fuel system with red line treatment. And no issues since then (knock on wood).

Sam87
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Sam87 » August 25th, 2014, 4:03 pm

Do you still have the issue with the counter?

Totes
Ricer

Postby Totes » August 27th, 2014, 9:26 pm

Thanks for the info, whiteknight1431. I'm not too familiar with doing that kind of job, can you tell me who did it for you and how much it costs. I would love to solve this damn problem soon.

you can also email me at totes2@hotmail.com

E

ChrisH
Riding on 13's

Postby ChrisH » August 27th, 2014, 11:05 pm

Guys sorry to post here
Im also a navara owner an im looking for some 4x4 rims or the pathfinder rims any assistance will be greatly appreciated

Advertisement

Return to “Trucks & Pickups”