TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Kia problem ....SOLVED!!!!!

Diesel, Gas, 4x4, 4x2

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Forum rules
This forum is for discussions on Trucks and Pickups only!
DO NOT POST ADS IN HERE
WTB (Want to buy), LF (Looking for), EOI (Expression of Interest) or FS (For sale) topics etc will be deleted.
If you are looking for a part please search or post in the Auto Parts Classifieds.
Please keep all discussion professional and technical. Opinions are welcomed, however trolling, spamming and bashing will not be tolerated.
ivar
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Kia problem ....SOLVED!!!!!

Postby ivar » March 10th, 2011, 9:13 pm

Vehicle: Kia k2700
Mileage: approx 35000

Problem: While driving today the van started smoking heavily and vibrating. This only happens when i step on the 'X' about halfway or more.. it seems more like when the rpm starts to build up to get power then this happens.

The smoke is white/grey in colour.... the van vibrates really really rough when this happens while driving. To avoid it from happening i had to not use the full power of the van and run out the gears quicker to keep the rpm low.

I checked the air filter, its still cleanish.. i suspecting is the diesel filter might be the problem... cuz i doh think dat was ever changed by me....

Is there any special way to change this diesel filter cu z i see it hav a kinda pump thing on top of it..???
Last edited by ivar on March 11th, 2011, 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rutless Tiida
Chronic TriniTuner

Re: Kia problem

Postby Rutless Tiida » March 10th, 2011, 9:32 pm

OK the "pump thing" is to prime the filter after you change the filter....I think you might have water in the fuel...there should be a tap on the bottom.....look around on the forum yes (SEARCH) and you should find so info about this.....but still change the filter

biggy82
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby biggy82 » March 11th, 2011, 5:51 am

Rutless Tiida wrote:OK the "pump thing" is to prime the filter after you change the filter....I think you might have water in the fuel...there should be a tap on the bottom.....look around on the forum yes (SEARCH) and you should find so info about this.....but still change the filter

no, i think he has too much diesel in his water :lol:

seriously tho, its water. you got shafted by your friendly neighbourhood gas station. drain tank, refill with good diesel and a bottle of Amsoil or Redline diesel fuel treatment. disconnect fuel line to filter if possible and use suction to clear the line of water. drain filter and reprime using the "pump thing". that should sort out your problem

ivar
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby ivar » March 11th, 2011, 7:06 am

I turned the white valve under the filter with the ignition "on" and i saw some dirt coming out, that suggest the filter is nasty, ent? I gonna purchase a filter now and change it. also thx for the advice about the priming...

ivar
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby ivar » March 11th, 2011, 9:34 am

Filter changed and an amsoil treatment used... problem still there..... any diesel mechanic aroun princes town? i think maybe the injectors clogged..

ivar
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby ivar » March 11th, 2011, 9:35 am

diesel mechanics call me 349-8244

biggy82
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby biggy82 » March 11th, 2011, 10:22 am

did you drain the tank?

ivar
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby ivar » March 11th, 2011, 11:06 am

PROBLEM SOLVED::: I changed fuel filter and use amsoil... BUT the real problem was the fuel pump have a little strainer looking thing in it that needed cleaning.. I'm glad i got tru wit dat :)

ivar
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Re: Kia problem..., SOLVED:)

Postby ivar » March 11th, 2011, 11:07 am

ivar wrote:Vehicle: Kia k2700
Mileage: approx 35000

Problem: While driving today the van started smoking heavily and vibrating. This only happens when i step on the 'X' about halfway or more.. it seems more like when the rpm starts to build up to get power then this happens.

The smoke is white/grey in colour.... the van vibrates really really rough when this happens while driving. To avoid it from happening i had to not use the full power of the van and run out the gears quicker to keep the rpm low.

I checked the air filter, its still cleanish.. i suspecting is the diesel filter might be the problem... cuz i doh think dat was ever changed by me....

Is there any special way to change this diesel filter cu z i see it hav a kinda pump thing on top of it..???

ramdeo
Riding on 13's

Re: Kia problem ....SOLVED!!!!!

Postby ramdeo » September 2nd, 2014, 8:22 am

how did you clean the filter in the pump?

ivar
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby ivar » September 2nd, 2014, 11:38 am

u need to remove it with a piece of wire or something. and use carb spray to clean it an jus re-install.

TRDfanatic
Street 2NR

Postby TRDfanatic » June 18th, 2015, 3:46 pm

took out the filter and van runs great

ivar
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby ivar » June 21st, 2015, 7:14 pm

don't think you should run the van without that filter.

Advertisement

Return to “Trucks & Pickups”