TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

The new 2012 Toyota Hilux

Diesel, Gas, 4x4, 4x2

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Forum rules
This forum is for discussions on Trucks and Pickups only!
DO NOT POST ADS IN HERE
WTB (Want to buy), LF (Looking for), EOI (Expression of Interest) or FS (For sale) topics etc will be deleted.
If you are looking for a part please search or post in the Auto Parts Classifieds.
Please keep all discussion professional and technical. Opinions are welcomed, however trolling, spamming and bashing will not be tolerated.
Keegz2130
Street 2NR

Re: The new 2012 Toyota Hilux

Postby Keegz2130 » November 11th, 2012, 6:41 am

i contemplating on whether to get this new hilux or d nav ! what are problems so far ? any improvements from d older ones ? whats d price of fully loaded fabric / leather ?

Aaron 2NR
2NR phototakerouter

Postby Aaron 2NR » November 11th, 2012, 8:09 am

no issues with my hilux......take my advise....buy the hilux..having owned both i can tell you the hilux is a lot better

Keegz2130
Street 2NR

Postby Keegz2130 » November 11th, 2012, 11:06 pm

the only thing i concerned about the hilux is its height , i mean i come from driving a 4x2 mazda b2500 , great van btw ! so i have to get accustom to d height if you know what i mean ! i really like the styling of d new model one , but something just pulling me towards d nav !

Where i work they have about 10 fully loaded fabric , and i can tell you d ride is just astonishing . I didnt they a van with leaf springs in the back and coil up front could ride so good !

I dont own 1 but from driving it and been driven in one especially in work , those of you who have or about to own 1 congrats up front ! ON the other hand the price is a little too much . and Btw aaron your lux is d best so far well in my opion !

Aaron 2NR
2NR phototakerouter

Postby Aaron 2NR » November 11th, 2012, 11:13 pm

Tttl has a 4x4 2.5 for 245 I believe....

AllTrac
TriniTuner Crew

Postby AllTrac » November 12th, 2012, 7:35 pm

Aaron 2NR wrote:Tttl has a 4x4 2.5 for 245 I believe....

aaron that the manual?

Aaron 2NR
2NR phototakerouter

Postby Aaron 2NR » November 12th, 2012, 8:02 pm

Nah auto I believe

It's a banner up on top. Saw d ad in the newspaper

Aaron 2NR
2NR phototakerouter

Postby Aaron 2NR » November 12th, 2012, 8:03 pm

check
Attachments
image001.jpg

AllTrac
TriniTuner Crew

Postby AllTrac » November 12th, 2012, 8:56 pm

thanks man

DW
3NE 2NR for life

Postby DW » November 17th, 2012, 4:29 pm

Noticed some suspension noise just before the 5K service, it was "retorqued" and got it happening once more a few weeks after..not sure if this is normal on the 2012 Hilux ?

Aaron 2NR
2NR phototakerouter

Postby Aaron 2NR » November 17th, 2012, 9:03 pm

I had some the other day. I'm doing 19k..was just a little squeak is really rough roads. Got it tightened and back to normal :)

killersuzuki
Riding on 18's

Postby killersuzuki » November 21st, 2012, 2:25 pm

Aaron, you have the 2.5 4x4? I have to buy a new van for the company soon, and right now it's between the Hilux, Navara, and L200....The new BT50 and Ranger out, because I don't need heavy T (plus the wife wants to be able to drive it, LOL). Can you give me any insight on the new Hilux?

Aaron 2NR
2NR phototakerouter

Postby Aaron 2NR » November 21st, 2012, 2:43 pm

i have the 3.0 4x4.

Not sure if you saw we got one of the new rangers as well in the yard.

When i test drove the hilux i was really impressed, this coming from having a manual navara as well as a 2011 ranger. the suspension, power delivery, leg room, ride comfort, etc was really amazing.

the navara has more power but the power delivery is really harsh so too with the ranger we had. The new ranger is pretty comparable to my hilux. the ride is almost the same but lacks some power (2.2).

i hilux takes about 90 to full and i get close to 600km on a tank.

the brakes is different on my model from the last as well as the vn turbo give you smooth power across the band

killersuzuki
Riding on 18's

Postby killersuzuki » November 22nd, 2012, 10:27 am

Thanks for the info Aaron. I'm gonna schedule test drive with the Ranger, the new BT50 and the Hilux.

gundelero
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby gundelero » November 22nd, 2012, 11:16 am

let us know how it goes killer.

sliderz1
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby sliderz1 » November 22nd, 2012, 8:21 pm

killerhyundai-DET wrote:Aaron, you have the 2.5 4x4? I have to buy a new van for the company soon, and right now it's between the Hilux, Navara, and L200....The new BT50 and Ranger out, because I don't need heavy T (plus the wife wants to be able to drive it, LOL). Can you give me any insight on the new Hilux?

L200
2.5 NA

above the rest as a company vehicle

Aaron 2NR
2NR phototakerouter

Postby Aaron 2NR » November 24th, 2012, 2:47 am

Aaron 2NR wrote:Used. Item has a hair line crack on right side near screw area, can be easily glued and repaired. About 0.5" on either side of screw.
Comes with new mounting hardware

Color: black mesh with silver trim.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353648719.835271.jpg

Asking $275

Aaron 2NR
2NR phototakerouter

Postby Aaron 2NR » November 24th, 2012, 2:52 am

beautiful
Attachments
hilux6.jpg
hilux7.jpg

Paullct
Riding on 16's

Postby Paullct » November 24th, 2012, 7:09 am

^^ veryyy nice

killersuzuki
Riding on 18's

Postby killersuzuki » November 24th, 2012, 8:35 am

Liking the hilux.....don't really need heavy t.

Bezman
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby Bezman » November 26th, 2012, 9:57 pm

Anyone ever asked about the King Cab or Extended Cab 2 door 4x4 Hilux? I would love to get one :D 3.0 too

leelad
3NE 2NR for life

Postby leelad » December 11th, 2012, 9:44 pm

tourniquet wrote:....and so that's the end of that issue? :?

No it's not.

The last meeting we had with them they more or less admitted that they sold us a van under false pretenses, with the usual BS of how we don't really need the diff locks, and how it's so great off-road (LoL we got it stuck at-least 2 times already, using it up caratal).

At the end of the meeting the general manager of TTTL instructed a couple of persons from parts and service to come up with a cost to install, and we even went as far as agreeing with them that if the cost was too extreme we would settle for a cash back or free maintenance of equal value, otherwise we wanted a full refund on the cost on the vehicle.

They were supposed to get back in touch with us within a week and more than a month later we got a BS letter from them, some quotes from it are:

"We are sorry for the delayed response but we have been following up with our team and with our offices in Miami and Japan to get the best way forward"........

Some BS in-between about how great the Toyota 4wd system is, how ADD, LSD, and the gearbox works, a bunch of crap more or less
"What you were expecting in your vehicle from our meeting was Rear Differential lock which is not available to us at this time. The service team have advised that to install the rear differential locking system would entail replacing most of the rear wheel differential; and would involve too much changes to the original structure of the vehicle and this would not be in the best interest to you or for follow up service"

"As such we apologize for any misunderstanding that may have been interpreted during your purchase and would like to offer you the following services to show our support towards improving your ownership experience:
5,000 KM
10,000KM "

Sad part is that the sales rep already promised 5000km free because of "delays" in delivery, so it's like we are only getting the 10,000KM service free :( .....

We could not resolve the dispute through open discussions with them, so dad's taking them to court, lawyer served them a letter recently :?

Lawyer also said he needs an estimate on the cost for parts and labor to install the diff, but toyota being toyota did not give us a quote even though we asked for one since our first meeting with them.

Anyone who knows any reputable mechanic/company that I may contact to get an estimate to install rear diff locks please do tell.

tourniquet
punchin NOS

Postby tourniquet » December 11th, 2012, 10:33 pm

man this is excellent news, I'm glad you and your pops stood up for what you paid for; would be awesome if you could have gathered a few other hilux owners and go all class action on them :lol:
leelad wrote:Lawyer also said he needs an estimate on the cost for parts and labor to install the diff, but toyota being toyota did not give us a quote even though we asked for one since our first meeting with them.

Anyone who knows any reputable mechanic/company that I may contact to get an estimate to install rear diff locks please do tell.

try this guy:
James Mosely
374-9339
he's on here and the last I checked, is the only authorized dealer for ARB products in the country; he should be able to sort you out

lighthammer
punchin NOS

Postby lighthammer » December 12th, 2012, 4:47 am

Just goes to show how some salespersons really don't know much about what they are selling. When I was looking at the hilux the salesperson didn't even know what an LSD was and he was insisting that the hilux was better than every pickup in every way.

Good luck to you on your case, hope it gets solved amicably.
I'm sure tttl will want to resolve out of court, and maybe offer you the cost of the vehicle at the current depreciated value.

Just one thing to note - the hilux comes with rear lsd, which is more useful on road than off-road. Its purpose is to maintain good handling while driving on pavement rather than to ensure maximum traction when off-roading, which is what a diff-locker will do. If you really are that hell bent on getting a locker installed amd want TTTL to cover the cost, make sire you get full documentation and quotes from James Mosely before you submit to them.

Another note - diff lockers aren't meant to be used on road at all, if engaged amd you take a corner, it could cause uneven tyre wear, strain on the differentials and unsafe handling. They really are only meant only to be used in very slippery conditions off road, where only one tire is in contact with the ground and the other is spinning helplessly (even an LSD can be easily be overridden amd overpowered after a certain limit offroad). If you're gonna be hitting a lotnofnheavy grade 3 and grade 4 offroad trails, then having a diff locker makes sense; but if you're only going to be on the occasional dirt trail with some mud, then a diff locker isn't really necessary. Take it from me - even an open differential Navara like mine fan go far offroad witb good tyres and proper recovery gear.

So think long and hard if you really wanna pursue this case, if its really worth all this time and aggravation or perhaps you'd be more satisfied with just getting a refund.

sliderz1
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby sliderz1 » December 12th, 2012, 4:49 am

WestBourne Trading as well. they were powersellers here as well.

Hope the resources put out are worth it

civic minded
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby civic minded » December 12th, 2012, 9:17 am

it is on the invoice when you paid for the van - thats why it can be used against TTTL - This isnt a matter of if he will be using it offroad, But TTTL selling a product that isnt what it stated. Kudos for taking on TTTL and hope other buyers to have the same invoice like you take it to TTTL for false advertising.

leelad
3NE 2NR for life

Postby leelad » December 12th, 2012, 6:27 pm

civic minded wrote:it is on the invoice when you paid for the van - thats why it can be used against TTTL - This isnt a matter of if he will be using it offroad, But TTTL selling a product that isnt what it stated. Kudos for taking on TTTL and hope other buyers to have the same invoice like you take it to TTTL for false advertising.

^^^^^^
THIS

It's not a matter of weather or not dad's going to use it, or how it will affect drive-ability, only a crackhead will lock their diffs on a solid road. He payed for diff-lockers, he didn't get it, and now he wants a van with diff-lockers or his money back..........

Imagine if you buy a 4x4 pickup and receive a 4x2 pickup; and then the company tells you hey you don't need a 4x4, you're never going to use it. Then after telling them about the problem they give you an apology, one free service and tell you how great and invincible your van is. Would you be like okay I'm probably never going to use 4x4 anyway, it's a great van, and then forget about them shafting you. I don't think so.

Jeremy Mohd
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby Jeremy Mohd » December 15th, 2012, 10:26 pm

Where are the other Toyota men? What's your invoice say? Would be very interested to know.

Well done dude; excellent to see someone decide to pursue something to this level and through the correct channels.

Slimklim
Ricer

Postby Slimklim » December 16th, 2012, 8:55 pm

Hey guys i requested installation or refund on the following.Diff lock,Antithef for spare wheel,Alloy spare
rim.All these items are on the invoice.The invoice has alloy rims no were steel is written.South sent me to Barataria, I met a guy name Rikard he also gave me 5000k & 10000k service.

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » December 16th, 2012, 10:06 pm

leelad wrote:
civic minded wrote:it is on the invoice when you paid for the van - thats why it can be used against TTTL - This isnt a matter of if he will be using it offroad, But TTTL selling a product that isnt what it stated. Kudos for taking on TTTL and hope other buyers to have the same invoice like you take it to TTTL for false advertising.

^^^^^^
THIS

It's not a matter of weather or not dad's going to use it, or how it will affect drive-ability, only a crackhead will lock their diffs on a solid road. He payed for diff-lockers, he didn't get it, and now he wants a van with diff-lockers or his money back..........

Imagine if you buy a 4x4 pickup and receive a 4x2 pickup; and then the company tells you hey you don't need a 4x4, you're never going to use it. Then after telling them about the problem they give you an apology, one free service and tell you how great and invincible your van is. Would you be like okay I'm probably never going to use 4x4 anyway, it's a great van, and then forget about them shafting you. I don't think so.

Give it to them, well done.

bt50
Sweet on this forum

Postby bt50 » December 17th, 2012, 9:04 am

Jeremy Mohd wrote:Where are the other Toyota men? What's your invoice say? Would be very interested to know.

Well done dude; excellent to see someone decide to pursue something to this level and through the correct channels.

When i got my initial quote it included diff lock and I told them repeatedly that the van does not come with diff lock. However the all knowing salemans in South said that yes it has a diff lock that releases when you move the 4X4 lever..hahaha

I eventually bought mine from Barataria and the pro-forma had diff lock....by the time I closed on the transaction, the final invoice did not include same. It now states auto disconnecting differential

However I was angry about 2 things:

1) the rust proof that I paid $2500 for was only done on the wheel wells...edges of the fender closer to the chassis remain bare---seems like that area doesnt get wet at all.

2) Spare wheel anti-theft lock- I didnt see anything like that

Anyway I emailed them last week...got a response that they looking into it.

Lets see how this week goes.....cuz i coming down hard as well...the nonsense that take place with false advertising has to stop....

Advertisement

Return to “Trucks & Pickups”