TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

HELP: 07 Hilux - Fog Indicator Problem

Diesel, Gas, 4x4, 4x2

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Forum rules
This forum is for discussions on Trucks and Pickups only!
DO NOT POST ADS IN HERE
WTB (Want to buy), LF (Looking for), EOI (Expression of Interest) or FS (For sale) topics etc will be deleted.
If you are looking for a part please search or post in the Auto Parts Classifieds.
Please keep all discussion professional and technical. Opinions are welcomed, however trolling, spamming and bashing will not be tolerated.
siner69
Street 2NR

HELP: 07 Hilux - Fog Indicator Problem

Postby siner69 » May 7th, 2012, 10:23 pm

Hey,

Just bought a 07 Hilux and wanted to try and get an issue sorted out. It has fog lights, factory setup it seems (original lights and switch). The fogs work, fog switch light comes on, but no indicator on the cluster. Check the cluster, and wire running from switch to cluster (red with blue strip) has no breaks, but the indicator does not come on. All fuses good. Any ideas why?

jpec
Sweet on this forum

Re: HELP: 07 Hilux - Fog Indicator Problem

Postby jpec » May 8th, 2012, 4:39 pm

is the switch on the stalk or is it a switch like a button on the side that resembles the de-fog switch for the rear window?

siner69
Street 2NR

Postby siner69 » May 11th, 2012, 11:29 pm

it is like the fog switch....and not the stalk...however, my bruda has the same setup and his instrument panel indicator comes on....is it a matter of wiring?

323_wagon_dude
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby 323_wagon_dude » May 12th, 2012, 8:57 am

It could be a blown bulb on the instrument panel.

I've seen that before.

jpec
Sweet on this forum

Postby jpec » May 12th, 2012, 1:13 pm

if its a fog switch then it wasnt installed in the company...if it came on the stalk then it was installed before hand from Toyota...which means whoever had the car before bought the original fog light kit but it comes with an independent switch...
i bought the same kit and it has an original looking switch (similar to the rear glass de-fogger) which means that it wont come up on the instrument cluster panel but rather the switch itself lights up...

what model hilux do you have btw? ie 2.5? 2.7? or 3.0?
reason i ask is cuz the fully loaded G model hilux comes with fogs unless u particularly order a lower spec model with fogs

siner69
Street 2NR

Postby siner69 » May 12th, 2012, 4:50 pm

jpec wrote:if its a fog switch then it wasnt installed in the company...if it came on the stalk then it was installed before hand from Toyota...which means whoever had the car before bought the original fog light kit but it comes with an independent switch...
i bought the same kit and it has an original looking switch (similar to the rear glass de-fogger) which means that it wont come up on the instrument cluster panel but rather the switch itself lights up...

what model hilux do you have btw? ie 2.5? 2.7? or 3.0?
reason i ask is cuz the fully loaded G model hilux comes with fogs unless u particularly order a lower spec model with fogs

model - 2.5. not sure but my bro has the same van,same setup, and when he got his, his fogs on the panel work normally....

jpec
Sweet on this forum

Postby jpec » May 13th, 2012, 12:28 pm

i have the same 2.5 model .. usually they don't come with fogs installed from factory but you can ask for them to be installed as they are an option..when factory installs them they use the stalk to turn them on/off and have the light on the instrument panel...you can install fogs for the hilux like what i installed myself but they come with a switch, and the switch itself lights up when the fogs are on so it won't be necessary really to have the light on the instrument panel come on as the switch itself lights up...

siner69
Street 2NR

Postby siner69 » May 30th, 2012, 9:29 pm

Ok, here's an update.

Bro's Van:
The aftermarket switch was wired into the wiring section by the fuses. The switch comes with three green wires, one red/blue, and two white black. They were connected to the same color wires on the harness, BUT, the red/blue was connected to a green/black wire. His fog indicator on instrument panel comes on.....i even tested my instrument panel on his, and it works there too...WHICH btw, TOYOTA told me initially would NOT, because the van did not come with that features.

My Van:
The aftermarket switch was connected down by the kick panel. It is connected to a relay,which i am guessing is the fog lamp relay. on the relay, there is a green, the red/blue, and two red/white wires....

Questions:
Anybody have a color code/wiring diagram for these hilux? It seems the red/blue wire is what makes the difference, on his, it seems to be connected to a 12V source, while on mine, its a ground wire....Can anybody help getting this thing to work?

jpec
Sweet on this forum

Postby jpec » May 31st, 2012, 10:19 am

is bess you go by an auto technician....they would be able to guide you better

Shio
Sweet on this forum

Postby Shio » June 2nd, 2012, 9:43 am

need help to install fogs in bumper
anyone has pics?

jpec
Sweet on this forum

Postby jpec » June 2nd, 2012, 11:03 am

^ what help you need? its real simple if they are for your van....which is what btw?

Advertisement

Return to “Trucks & Pickups”