TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Can you tell the fake?

Diesel, Gas, 4x4, 4x2

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Forum rules
This forum is for discussions on Trucks and Pickups only!
DO NOT POST ADS IN HERE
WTB (Want to buy), LF (Looking for), EOI (Expression of Interest) or FS (For sale) topics etc will be deleted.
If you are looking for a part please search or post in the Auto Parts Classifieds.
Please keep all discussion professional and technical. Opinions are welcomed, however trolling, spamming and bashing will not be tolerated.

Can you spot the fake filter?

Poll ended at October 19th, 2012, 4:40 am

Is it the one on the left?
30%
Is it the one on the right?
70%

Total votes: 20

rx80
Chronic TriniTuner

Re: Can you tell the fake?

Postby rx80 » August 9th, 2014, 2:01 am

FilterProz wrote:Hey Guys please see attached Pic ,

This Is what I have been selling to multiple large customers (vehicle owners and dealers) over the last couple of months. As you can see it is made in Thailand and I can assure this was purchased from Toyota Thailand directly. There is no French writing on it and the box is totally different . I sell these for 55.00 and for my next shipment I will post my Delivery note from Toyota Thailand. $140.00 is way to expensive for this item as I can bring 90915-20003 for the same $55.00 from Japan. What I will do as I am currently out of stock I will bring in both part numbers(japan and thailand) for the same price and I will purchase a filter from Toyota just to prove how much we are robbed....lol

The 20003 and yzz are both completely different filters internally, the yzz ones are offered in the us and have the normal filter material the 200003 has a sponge type filter material as stated...
Ended up cutting into two to figure out the reason for the price difference..

If you can offer the same 200003 for 55 each, quote me on a box please..

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Re: Can you tell the fake?

Postby kamakazi » August 10th, 2014, 9:05 pm

Not any more. ... its the same. ... With different part numbers
That sponge media was available in the made in japan 20003. .. but it's now all made in Thailand.

Advertisement

Return to “Trucks & Pickups”