TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

best reverse sensors for Hilux?

Diesel, Gas, 4x4, 4x2

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Forum rules
This forum is for discussions on Trucks and Pickups only!
DO NOT POST ADS IN HERE
WTB (Want to buy), LF (Looking for), EOI (Expression of Interest) or FS (For sale) topics etc will be deleted.
If you are looking for a part please search or post in the Auto Parts Classifieds.
Please keep all discussion professional and technical. Opinions are welcomed, however trolling, spamming and bashing will not be tolerated.
~*SiLvA MeRa*~
Riding on 17's

best reverse sensors for Hilux?

Postby ~*SiLvA MeRa*~ » November 11th, 2012, 1:17 pm

Guys, we just took delivery of a new 2012 Hilux 3.0 auto leather from TTTl, naturally it came with no accessories, so far I have only installed a bed liner, next step is a turbo timer and something that should be standard on these vehicles, reverse sensors. I have been advised to go with the no drill stick behind the bumper type of sensor because the one that you drill to put on the bumper dont work well with the chrome bumper. Has this been anyone's experience?

I am sure many if not all you guys have some sort of reverse sensor or camera system in your pick up because it's a pain in the arse to reverse this vehicle, I already touched a wall in a parking lot, thankfully no damage was sustained . I am looking for reviews, suggestions, recommendations regarding what type to go with and who to go by. Thanks. Pricing would be great if available.

badart
Chronic TriniTuner

Re: best reverse sensors for Hilux?

Postby badart » November 11th, 2012, 2:24 pm

i replaced my deck with a pioneer dvd and installed a rear view camera too. reversing or reverse parking has never been easier.

dont knw much about the reverse sensors except they real cheap in bamboo. never liked how they looked on the chrome bumper of the hilux

sweeks
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby sweeks » November 12th, 2012, 2:03 pm

There are two camera options that I know off. The first is Badart suggestion and lately I'm seeing the the cameras that work with the rear view mirror.

The latter is the cheaper option. Call Safraz 742-0646 and he can advise on both.

ruffrider27
Riding on 16's

Postby ruffrider27 » November 12th, 2012, 7:32 pm

the new fully loaded hilux came with a camera on the tail gate ,looks real nice, sensors are thing of the past
Attachments
Toyota-Hilux-2011-47-Back-With-Reverse-Camera.jpg

~*SiLvA MeRa*~
Riding on 17's

Postby ~*SiLvA MeRa*~ » November 12th, 2012, 11:53 pm

ruffrider27 wrote:the new fully loaded hilux came with a camera on the tail gate ,looks real nice, sensors are thing of the past

I agree with you bro, unfortunately Toyota Trinidad does not think you even need sensors much less a camera, I have the fully loaded model, I count myself lucky I got mats and a key chain.

So no one is using the no drill reverse sensors?

Aaron 2NR
2NR phototakerouter

Postby Aaron 2NR » November 13th, 2012, 12:10 am

wait TTTL not bringing them with the camera that is standard on the 2012....hmmm wonder what other features they didn't order them with....

any way i got reverse sensors on my 2012 ranger from 4x4 trinidad. it comes with a distance reading. works really good....never installed any sensors on my hilux since the camera is sufficient...

ruffrider27
Riding on 16's

Postby ruffrider27 » November 13th, 2012, 6:28 am

~*SiLvA MeRa*~ wrote:
ruffrider27 wrote:the new fully loaded hilux came with a camera on the tail gate ,looks real nice, sensors are thing of the past

I agree with you bro, unfortunately Toyota Trinidad does not think you even need sensors much less a camera, I have the fully loaded model, I count myself lucky I got mats and a key chain.

So no one is using the no drill reverse sensors?

you see the no drill option ,the wire will be exposed and look ugly,rather than the drill were the sensors wire is hidden, best bet go M. Rampersad and see if they have the camera on the tail gate for sale ,and professionally have it installed.

~*SiLvA MeRa*~
Riding on 17's

Postby ~*SiLvA MeRa*~ » November 15th, 2012, 9:32 pm

So nobody else has the normal drill type installed?

pickups only
Street 2NR

Postby pickups only » November 15th, 2012, 10:12 pm

hey dude call 684 7170 or 658 0405 L V marketing they have a varity of prices and options

leelad
3NE 2NR for life

Postby leelad » December 11th, 2012, 10:09 pm

Was going to install one of these, but didn't like the idea of drilling the bumper either. After a couple of weeks, realized I didn't need it again, I learned to reverse park the bugger by force. Use yr mirrors, stick ya head outside once it safe, have no fear you'll get the hang of it......eventually.

Corn Bird
Sweet on this forum

Postby Corn Bird » December 12th, 2012, 7:50 pm

~*SiLvA MeRa*~ wrote:So nobody else has the normal drill type installed?

i had the drill type installed in a 2008 hilux; toyota outsourced the install. what i have looks a lot like

http://www.amazon.com/Pyle-PLPSE4P-Parking-Sensor-Display/dp/B000E3XB2W/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1355355503&sr=8-5&keywords=reverse+sensors

and they malfunction with the rain. what should be better are sensors designed for metal bumpers:

http://www.amazon.com/Steelmate-PTS400SD-Parking-Sensors-Bumpers/dp/B0083LZ6R0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1355356045&sr=8-1&keywords=steelmate++metal

i believe the new installer at toyota carries sensors specifically for metal bumpers. they told me the price was $1500 about a year ago. this installer is:

http://s2.tntyp.com/Trinidad/Safe-Sound-Systems-Ltd,AUTOMOBILE-ACCESSORIES/profile

lil_one
Riding on 13's

Postby lil_one » March 4th, 2013, 8:28 pm

anyone know where to get reverse camera? and what;s an approximate cost?

robbieg
3NE 2NR for life

Postby robbieg » May 23rd, 2014, 10:11 am

Hey Tuners,

I recently installed a Pioneer DVD deck in my Manual 2006/2007 Hilux and I am currently looking to install a rear view camera.

I do need some help with the wiring, particularly as follows:
1. Wiring Diagram for Rear Light (I would like to tap the +ve of the Reverse Light for the camera to come on the same time as the Reverse Light)
2. Is there by any chance a +ve signal for the Reverse Light near the Dash to connect to the head unit? (The Pioneer DVD Deck automatically switches to the reverse camera screen with this connection)

Any information, links and pictures would be greatly appreciated.

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » May 28th, 2014, 6:36 pm

the wires are passed on the driver side on the floor, it shouldnt be too hard to locate, take out the rear lights and check the wire colour , its usually a solid colour with a small amount of another,

get a tester or a test light and find it,

easy work, where you located?

francis1979
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby francis1979 » July 5th, 2015, 9:06 am

Any updates for this topic. With respect to latest information.
Need a reverse camera and dvd display with for similar camera and display quality to factory installed systems

*$kїđž!™
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *$kїđž!™ » July 7th, 2015, 7:24 pm

I got a reverse camera system and display from classic auto on tuner....works real good ....

Advertisement

Return to “Trucks & Pickups”