TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Jimny Axle Upgrade

Diesel, Gas, 4x4, 4x2

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Forum rules
This forum is for discussions on Trucks and Pickups only!
DO NOT POST ADS IN HERE
WTB (Want to buy), LF (Looking for), EOI (Expression of Interest) or FS (For sale) topics etc will be deleted.
If you are looking for a part please search or post in the Auto Parts Classifieds.
Please keep all discussion professional and technical. Opinions are welcomed, however trolling, spamming and bashing will not be tolerated.
SJ410ZUKI
Riding on 13's

Jimny Axle Upgrade

Postby SJ410ZUKI » September 8th, 2013, 5:22 am

Good day gents, new to the site. I know this may be the wrong forum to be asking about a Suzuki but help a brother out. Suzuki forum only on swift, ignis and speed.

I am looking at buying a 1984 Suzuki SJ410 Jimny. It will be a project vehicle that I would like to upgrade to a full offroader. Been doing some research on axle upgrades. What im seeing online is that I shouldn't run anything over 31 inch with these stock axles but I would like to bump up to 33 inch.
So online there saying switch to Toyota axles and you good to go. I would just like to know if you guys have any experience with this upgrade and also if there is anything else knowing about beside the Toyotas. From what I gather the 1986 and newer models are the SJ413 and there axles can take a lil roughing up. So as stated before, does anyone have experience with the SJ410.

Thanks in Advance

rottedv
Chronic TriniTuner

Re: Jimny Axle Upgrade

Postby rottedv » September 8th, 2013, 9:31 am

There are a few men here who offroad and have upgraded their rigs with axles from Toyota in addition to engine upgrades. I think the reason for the axle upgrade was more for the power output from the engine rather than the upgrade of bigger wheels. Check the offroad section and talk to some men there..

droppa
punchin NOS

Postby droppa » September 9th, 2013, 11:58 am

fellas change out to the toyota axles for two reasons, to handle more power/take more roughing up and maily for wider wheelbase when the lift in excess of 5" for better stability.....

there are basically two suzuki axles, jimny and samurai, afaik, sammy is said to be 2" wider than the jimny, but the manual turbo 660 jimny has the lowest gear ratio setting, 5.1:1, the best combo we have came across so far is sammy diffs with 660 centres, locked or not and that handling up to 35"Mts, or 33" tractors along with engines like A14/15, G13/16, and now men starting to use SR20....if u have plenty power then the toyo swap may be considerable.......

its more about driver awarness than anything else, if u drive it like u stole it, or like an @$$, thing will break, if u drive with consideration and smart, u will be good.......

have some good jimny men out there, and then some.......

SJ410ZUKI
Riding on 13's

Postby SJ410ZUKI » September 9th, 2013, 1:16 pm

Thanks for all info guys. Much appreciated. Question droppa, how do I tell which jimnys came with the 660 engine. Im seeing zukis out here with b14 to Datsun 1400 engines. Do I look for the year or chassis number to tell? My driving style wouldn't be assmode but I would like to conquer a lot with this investment. I know there is a lot to put into it. Just wanna make sure I choose the right model before I start.

Thanks

droppa
punchin NOS

Postby droppa » September 9th, 2013, 2:05 pm

its hard to really diferentiate, all the diffs look the same, jus the width isnt. as for the van itself u may have to ask the owner on how much he knows, all local jimnys were sj410, the FU with the 660 were JA11, and when fellas do their change over its hard to tell.......so u have to depend on owner info and knowledge......

SJ410ZUKI
Riding on 13's

Postby SJ410ZUKI » September 9th, 2013, 2:10 pm

Them fellas that I checking aint know anything about their jimnys. All they saying horse the 4wd wukking lol.

droppa
punchin NOS

Postby droppa » September 9th, 2013, 6:51 pm

Look up a guy by the name of booevo here on tuner and give him a shout, man had a wealth of jimny knowledge, but try your best not to buy anything looking to sketchy, what's your budget, I kno of a beast jimny for sale in the 40s

May sound like alot, but ask offroader, the bills add up to the build after....

SJ410ZUKI
Riding on 13's

Postby SJ410ZUKI » September 10th, 2013, 3:25 am

Hey budget was 30s, maybe if I see that beast and it being in low 40s I could stretch a bit. Vehicle on this site?

droppa
punchin NOS

Postby droppa » September 10th, 2013, 7:01 am

Nah, I got the link tru a fellow trailblazer member who does work on zuks, ill try and get a number for u, I kno it has a great body, shackle reverse, and 1600 efi, kl71s and rims

SJ410ZUKI
Riding on 13's

Postby SJ410ZUKI » September 10th, 2013, 10:35 am

ok thanks, will appreciate the number

Advertisement

Return to “Trucks & Pickups”