TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

NAVARA SPUTTERING and Surging !!

Diesel, Gas, 4x4, 4x2

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Forum rules
This forum is for discussions on Trucks and Pickups only!
DO NOT POST ADS IN HERE
WTB (Want to buy), LF (Looking for), EOI (Expression of Interest) or FS (For sale) topics etc will be deleted.
If you are looking for a part please search or post in the Auto Parts Classifieds.
Please keep all discussion professional and technical. Opinions are welcomed, however trolling, spamming and bashing will not be tolerated.
Totes
Ricer

NAVARA SPUTTERING and Surging !!

Postby Totes » July 20th, 2014, 9:41 pm

Hi Everyone,

I am having a problem with my Navara. Let me give you a short background:
Bought new at N&M, particular about where i buy diesel, use Amsoil Cetane boost every so often. TCN series doing about 62000km.

About 6 months now i realize it started surging (revving up and then down on its own) the van still has top end speed, but this revving thing continue from slow to higher speeds.

I had it checked on the computer and it says the Fuel pressure sensor needs to be changed. N&M only sells this with the common rail like $8000 + vat. I will get it if needed to fix this damn problem !

Anyways has anyone experienced this problem. Any soultions or does anyone have or know a good mechanic that i can contact to get it repaired ...

I really need some help here... this problem has me stomped !

lighthammer
punchin NOS

Re: NAVARA SPUTTERING and Surging !!

Postby lighthammer » July 25th, 2014, 1:35 am

Totes wrote:Hi Everyone,

I am having a problem with my Navara. Let me give you a short background:
Bought new at N&M, particular about where i buy diesel, use Amsoil Cetane boost every so often. TCN series doing about 62000km.

About 6 months now i realize it started surging (revving up and then down on its own) the van still has top end speed, but this revving thing continue from slow to higher speeds.

I had it checked on the computer and it says the Fuel pressure sensor needs to be changed. N&M only sells this with the common rail like $8000 + vat. I will get it if needed to fix this damn problem !

Anyways has anyone experienced this problem. Any soultions or does anyone have or know a good mechanic that i can contact to get it repaired ...

I really need some help here... this problem has me stomped !

Have u tried a hard reset on the ecu, I. E. Disconnecting the battery poles (both neg and pos) and pumping brakes, putting on lights etc (and of course turning them back off)...

Furthermore u can also remap ur ecu to improve ur fuel economy... When u reconnect, drive at an easy pace and fast enough to get up to top gear, and go back home and switch off. That'll reset the computer and put it into learning mode, and remap ur ecu to a more relaxed driving style and hopefully increase fuel economy a bit.

Totes
Ricer

Postby Totes » July 25th, 2014, 10:21 am

Hi, Thanks for the info. I will sure to try some of these. I have tried a lot of things and it all comes back to changing the Sensor. I am looking for a good mechanic who knows about this and who won't buss my wallet.

If you know anyone please feel free to share. Have you ever tried the ECU reset. I will do so as soon as i change over the sensor so as to get things fully back to normal.

Thanks Again
E.

lighthammer
punchin NOS

Postby lighthammer » July 25th, 2014, 5:31 pm

I always reset my ecu after I change the oil.

sliderz1
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby sliderz1 » August 3rd, 2014, 2:20 pm

any updates on this?

Totes
Ricer

Postby Totes » August 10th, 2014, 7:49 pm

Hey,
I changed the Rail and sensor yesterday (sat 9/8/2014). I also changed the Trans Oil, as mileage is at 60K. So far no sputtering but it was idling for a little while and when i went to pull off it had lack of power. I switched off and then it ran normal. I'm hoping this is the end of that.

I will Post and let you know if it comes back. I might need to have it check with the computer to make sure no more codes coming up. Have to look for someone with a comp.

If you have additional suggestions please let me know.

E.

1UZFE
punchin NOS

Postby 1UZFE » August 10th, 2014, 8:06 pm

I no with d rpm surging it cud be the tps sensor aswell. Jus my 2cts.

Totes
Ricer

Postby Totes » August 10th, 2014, 8:54 pm

Thanks bro , i will mention it and see what they say.

Totes
Ricer

Postby Totes » August 25th, 2014, 10:13 am

Hi everyone,
This is a dreaded update !
I change the sensor and fuel rail... the problem still exist (meaning this is not the only problem) !
I am not posed with a greater problem ! They say the Fuel Pump needs to be changed !
Does anyone knows where I can get one at a reasonable cost.

Send me the info please. They did a relearn of the system after the rail was changed 2 times and the FRS (fuel Rail Sensor error code keeps coming up).

Any suggestions or answers Please let me know.
totes2@hotmail.com email me if needed.

whiteknight1431
Street 2NR

Postby whiteknight1431 » August 25th, 2014, 10:36 am

Totes wrote:<br />Hi everyone,<br />I have had some surging / problems and the fuel pressure sensor keeps coming up they changed the sensor and rail and now they saying its the FUEL PUMP.<br /><br />I am looking for a Fuel Pump anyone knows where i can get a decent deal on one ?<br /><br />Email me please [url=mailto:totes2%40hotmail.com]totes2@hotmail.com[/url]<br /><br />Thanks (help needed)
<br />Hey when last you clean your fuel tank? I've had similar issues with my nav and n&amp;m changed from fuel pump to injector rail, even flashed over my ecu and still the problem exist. I did some research and all the problems was pointing to the shitty fuel we have here. So I dropped to fuel tank and to my surprise it had about quarter tank of water and slush. Cleaned it out and purged my fuel system with red line treatment. And no issues since then (knock on wood).<br/>

Totes
Ricer

Postby Totes » August 27th, 2014, 9:30 pm

Hey whiteknight1431, can you send me your contact info, I will like to ask you more about this problem and solution.

My email is totes2@hotmail.com

Emile.

lighthammer
punchin NOS

Postby lighthammer » August 28th, 2014, 9:55 am

Check ur muffler bearing, may be worn and need replacement.

whiteknight1431
Street 2NR

Postby whiteknight1431 » August 29th, 2014, 5:55 pm

Pm sent.

Advertisement

Return to “Trucks & Pickups”