TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Bad diesel...BEWARE!!!!!!!

Diesel, Gas, 4x4, 4x2

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Forum rules
This forum is for discussions on Trucks and Pickups only!
DO NOT POST ADS IN HERE
WTB (Want to buy), LF (Looking for), EOI (Expression of Interest) or FS (For sale) topics etc will be deleted.
If you are looking for a part please search or post in the Auto Parts Classifieds.
Please keep all discussion professional and technical. Opinions are welcomed, however trolling, spamming and bashing will not be tolerated.
rbissoon
Riding on 13's

Re: Bad diesel...BEWARE!!!!!!!

Postby rbissoon » December 20th, 2014, 2:31 pm

My Fuel filter was replaced earlier this year about 10000km ago

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » December 20th, 2014, 4:05 pm

Ok. ..I have noticed that the diesel contamination is worse than what it used to be recently. ... find myself draining the sedimentor more often; I don't wait for the light to come on cause its kinda to late by then.

TiidaBanton
Sweet on this forum

Postby TiidaBanton » December 21st, 2014, 6:59 am

NP Edward street I've seen them fill the under ground diesel tank in pouring rain. The tank is not level with the ground and a lot of water also accumulates around it. Also the long aluminum rod that the attendant uses to check the level is always leaned up against the outside wall and usually covered in dirt and she just sticks it in the the tank. I'm pretty sure all these things will contribute to contamination.

nismodriver
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby nismodriver » December 21st, 2014, 10:30 pm

well i made a trip to south and filled up on the cross and guess what , check light come on for water in diesel.. :/

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » December 21st, 2014, 11:39 pm

TiidaBanton wrote:NP Edward street I've seen them fill the under ground diesel tank in pouring rain. The tank is not level with the ground and a lot of water also accumulates around it. Also the long aluminum rod that the attendant uses to check the level is always leaned up against the outside wall and usually covered in dirt and she just sticks it in the the tank. I'm pretty sure all these things will contribute to contamination.

Usually the tanks designed in a way that the intake is not at the bottom but at the side. Heavy stuff settle at the bottom away from the pump intake.
This is why you don't fuel when the tanks are being filled or right after. Of course pumps have fuel filters but who knows how often they changed?

I worked at a gas station when I finished school and all of the tanks had water in them. If the pump intakes were in fact at the bottom then men would get a tank full of water every time rain fell.

I think some of that water is what settle in there from condensation. But I may be wrong and the amount of water, grit ad what look like rust I saw drain out one of my filter last time. Like wtf

DrunkenMaster16
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby DrunkenMaster16 » December 22nd, 2014, 8:05 am

nismodriver wrote:well i made a trip to south and filled up on the cross and guess what , check light come on for water in diesel.. :/

Bad man doh fill up pon d cross...only chuppid man who want water. Filled up there once, NEVER Again.

Next time use Duncan Village NP, mon repo np station, Unipet vistabella etc I actually fill at La Brea NP station if any of those don't have. 8-)

Advertisement

Return to “Trucks & Pickups”