punchin NOS

Re: What wheels on the white drift S15?

Postby TriniGT » August 29th, 2010, 11:51 pm

Rota Grids I believe.

MISHI
3NE 2NR Aficionado

Postby MISHI » August 30th, 2010, 12:18 am

Those are some nice wheels... But reading som much hype regarding their quality it turning me away a bit from buying a set of these or the G-force just based on the fact that people will mouth off about it...

TriniGT
punchin NOS

Postby TriniGT » August 30th, 2010, 7:14 am

Lots of people mouth them off because the big brand names that they copied are getting a lot more people buying the rotas over them as they look the same and function just as properly. People think they are just some cheap imitation but I have spoke some of the UK guys and the R&D that has gone into them is second to none. A lot of the rally and circuit EVOs and subbies and GTR guys run them as they can buy at least three sets of them rather than one set of Volks or whatnot as the price is that much lower. lots of people go on the internet and download pics of broken rotas, I can show pics of broken rays and other high brand name wheels but the reason they take a stab at rotas is because that they sell so much that it is more out of jealousy that they try to 'badden' their name. All the pics you see on the internet of wheels breaking is for a valid reason, there was a guy that had fitted a set to his car and he didn't realize that the caliper was rubbing on it and cutting the inside of the wheel and compromising the integrity and when he hit a curb at high speed it broke the wheel but that is understandable. I have seen lots of them hit curbs and they bend like a regular high spec JDM wheel. Rota FTW!!!, spend your hard earned cash on other mods with the changed saved :D. Bring on the hatersWWW

moti
punchin NOS

Postby moti » August 30th, 2010, 7:46 am

yup just as jason said above, it's a simple case of:

man with Volks cost him $5000. USD
man with Rotas cost him $1500.USD

both looks the same when mounted on the car and spin the same way so go figure when the Volks guy see that it's gonna hurt him.

TriniGT
punchin NOS

Postby TriniGT » August 30th, 2010, 8:23 am

They will always cry it down and say yes the Volks are forged and Rotas are cast and way more and are weaker but for me that money can be spent elsewhere and for a slightly heavier wheel so what. Also please rota men out there don't throw Nismo and TE-37 stickers on your wheel raise the Rota flag high and wear your Rota caps, firetruck the haters :D.

GarageFresh
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby GarageFresh » August 31st, 2010, 10:15 pm

rota grids on the s15...

offsets ordered differently for front and rear...

rotas actually offer more aggressive fitments and deeper concaves than the original te-37s

despite the fact that they are knock-offs.... much better if you're going for the stanced look.

i back Jason's statements all the way. they are sold by cosmic industries in the u.s and we can bring them in directly from the company with custom ordered fitments and offsets...

rota won best wheel at the last sema show and little do ppl know... its the same Mackin Industries machine thats used to manufacture the rotas... as well as volks, gramlites, advans , etc...

its basically the same wheels... under different labels

Advertisement

Return to “TTDA - T&T Drift Association”